Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Believe In A Thing Called Love ❯ Not So Alone After All ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. The DBZ universe and its characters are property of Akira Toryiama, Toei and Hi No Tory studios. However, Asyla is my character and anything else that deals with her.
Author's Note: Hello everyone! I know it has been a long, long, long, LONG time since I have written anything. Classes have been taking up much of my spare time. But no worries, I am back to continue the story of Asyla and the Z Gang. I hope you enjoy this next chapter. Also, I had to change the conversation between Vegeta and Trunks.

Chapter 22: Not So Alone After All
"You two are absolutely related! You are just too wrapped up in fighting! Do you know what would have happened Goku if she was hit by that wave? You could've killed her! And Asyla, you should know better! You know the condition that you're in!" Chi Chi scolded as Asyla and Goku toweled themselves off, "Asyla I thought you would be a little bit better. You're a female after all but no! Goku you don't think about these things, do you? And..."
Asyla began to block out Chi Chi's nagging. She knew exactly what she was doing. She just simply miscalculated her own strength. Even though she was weakened greatly by her heat cycle, she could still pack a punch. Asyla was quite pleased with this knowledge. She was surprised by the sensitivity of Earth. Asyla had caused an earthquake as well as a severe thunderstorm when she only used a sixth of her power. When she was up to par again, she'd be very careful not to use that attack until absolutely necessary. Chi Chi's pitch went up a little higher causing everyone in the house to cringe. Asyla hissed her displeasure. Did all Earth women yell like this? How could anyone deal with this 24/7? Asyla really did prefer growls and hisses over screeching any day. Goku and Asyla were both extremely relieved that Gohan didn't have any visible bruises. They, both, couldn't imagine how much worse this situation could be.
Bulma took the chance to change the subject while Chi Chi caught her breath. "Well there was no need for getting a barbecue together. You invited the gang all by yourself Asyla." Bulma said.
"Forget that. We still can have a barbecue. We have to still get to know Goku's niece." Yamcha stated.
"Mmhmm sure. You're thinking with your stomach as much as Goku." Bulma said shaking her head.
If only she really knew, Yamacha's true intentions. Asyla was hot, smoking hot. He wanted every chance to gaze at her. She looked young, probably younger than him, but that wouldn't stop him from trying. Maybe he could sweet talk her or ask Goku about her. Goku would definitely have no problem with him being interested in her. As if Asyla could tell that Yamcha was thinking bad thoughts, Asyla turned to look at him. She gave him a serious look that sent a cold chill up his spine before looking back at Chi Chi.
"Uh, yeah, especially if it's Chi Chi's cooking." Yamcha said. It would be just his luck that Asyla could read minds. He really hoped that she didn't.
"What are you saying Yamcha?" Bulma asked as her eyes narrowed.
"Huh? What?" Yamcha asked.
"You said if its Chi Chi's cooking. What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying her cooking is better than mine?" Bulma snapped.
Yamcha stared at Bulma without saying anything. His facial expression was her answer. "No you're wrong. Goku does my food taste good?" Bulma asked.
'Why did they have to drag me into this?' Goku thought. If he answered wrong, Chi Chi would be angry with him and probably starve him for a week. If he answered right, Bulma would not talk to him for a month. The pressure began to build as Chi Chi turned to look at Goku to wait for his answer as he mused over what to do.
"Bulma, it is not fair to compare your cooking to Obasan's. Otousan is use to eating to Obasan. So, of course he would say that her cooking is better. You should not try to get him in trouble with his wife." Asyla said finally breaking the tension. Her words caused Bulma to blush slightly and hmmph.
"Nice save, Asyla." Krillen whispered and Asyla smiled, "I think we should introduce ourselves. My name is Krillen, childhood friend of Goku. You are already know this loud mouths name over here is."
"Hey!" Yamcha said.
"I am Tien and this is Chaotzu." The tall man with a third eye said as he pointed to the small man, boy, Asyla wasn't entirely sure, that was sitting on his shoulder.
"Piccolo." The namekian said who was standing off in a corner.
"It is a pleasure to meet you all. I am sorry for causing a scare. It is just a custom of mine to test the older males in my family. To be sure, they are worthy of protecting the family." Asyla explained.
Krillen laughed and said, "Worthy? I think Goku is far more than worthy. It's like his birth right."
"I can see that now." Asyla said with a smile. Her face brightened up even more when Chi Chi began to put the plates of food out on the table. "Thank you Obasan."
"Yeah, Chi, it looks delicious." Goku stated.
Before Chi Chi could respond, Asyla, Goku and Gohan had begun to eat. With her hair black and spiked, she fit right in with the Son family. She bared a great resemblance to Goku even more so than Gohan. Chi Chi wasn't the only one that noticed. "So how are you related to Goku?" Tien asked.
Asyla stopped in mid bite. Ah, there it was: the question. She knew it was coming and she knew she would have to deal with their shock and fear. It was natural. Her father did try to kidnap her cousin, kill her Uncle and destroy the Earth. Asyla was just getting tired of explaining. This would be the last time. It didn't matter if another person asked; someone else would have to explain it.
"You cannot tell?" Piccolo said before Asyla could answer.
"Piccolo you know who her Father is?" Krillen asked.
"It is not that hard to figure out." Piccolo replied.
"I am the daughter of Radditz, a minion of Frieza, and Callisto, the deceased former Queen of Ithia." Asyla explained.
Tien, Chaotzu, Yamcha and Krillen gaped at her. She was the daughter of Radditz! How was that possible? How did she manage to be here? Their minds were racing with questions. "Radditz? Serial killer lunatic Radditz?" Krillen stammered. Asyla gave him a glare that could rival Vegeta's that shut up Krillen up quickly.
"Yes. I only know about my father's transgressions from word of mouth. I never met my father. I only saw him for a short period of time as a baby and I barely remember that." Asyla explained. Her voice was strained as she stared back at her plate. Asyla gripped her fork tightly. The anger, the sadness was rising too quickly. It wasn't fair. It didn't have to be this way. It shouldn't have had to be this way. The Z gang had a moment of silence to allow Asyla compose herself. They hadn't thought about how Asyla felt about the situation. How were they were supposed to know that she never got to meet her father because he was killed?
"He wasn't as evil as we believed if Callisto became his mate." Piccolo said.
"You knew my mother?" Asyla asked.
"No, I knew of her. She was the most loved Queen on your planet. She pledge her allegiance to Namekians as well as many others to protect them in any way possible." Piccolo stated.
"We failed to keep that promise. When my mother died, Ithia was in utter turmoil. I give you my sincerest apologies." Asyla explained.
"What does that have to do with Radditz being her father?" Yamcha, who was still in shock that such a beautiful woman, could have been fathered by Radditz, blurted out
"Ithians detest evil. It's revolting to us. We have a strong urge to rid ourselves of it by any means necessary." Asyla explained, "There 'was' good in my father. If there wasn't, my mom would have never bonded with him." Before Cell, the Androids and Frieza, the Z gang would not have believed that, but Vegeta was proof that there was some good in Saiyans excluding Goku, who is an abnormality as told by Vegeta. It was quite possible Radditz was the same way.
"Am I interrupting something?" a familiar voice asked from the doorway. Kuro was standing there in the doorway with an umbrella. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Kuro was wearing a blue slong sleeved shirt that was unbutton revealing a black wife beater with blue jeans and black sandals. He looked a little concerned with all the men in the house with high ki levels. Kuro had felt Asyla's ki and someone else's before the storm came all of the sudden. He had taken his time to reach her house just in case she was having another blow out with Trunks. His eye wasn't completely healed and he didn't want to risk going blind.
"Let me guess, this is your nephew?" Krillen asked.
"No, I am friend of Asyla. I am taking her out tonight." Kuro replied revealing a bouquet of flowers. Asyla blushed slightly. She had forgotten all about her date with Kuro. Asyla finished off her plate and said, "Give me a moment. I'll be right back."

Trunks blocked the attack to his face and returned with a kick that was easily blocked. Attack, be blocked, be attacked, and block. Trunks and Vegeta went back and forth at a back breaking pace. Neither one was willing to give an inch. It was a game of wills. Who would tire first and make a mistake? They were both too stubborn to give in and both would more than likely pass out from exhaustion than relenting to the other. With everything going on, Trunks was not distracted. He gave his all in the spar which caught Vegeta's attention. Trunks turmoil over Asyla was a bonus and a minus. He was far more serious with sparring; however he hated seeing him pouting around the house. It wasn't right that his son was moping around like due to a woman. An earthquake quickly stopped their spar.
"What the hell?" Vegeta said.
"Asyla and Goku" Trunks stated.
"Heh, the brat is testing him." Vegeta stated.
"Testing him?" Trunks asked.
"Ithian wenches test the males in their family to see if they are worthy of being part of the family and helping with protecting the family. Matriarchal race but males are still important." Vegeta replied, "Heh, it's going to be harder for you to get her now."
"How can it get any harder?" Trunks asked.
"She'd tell on you before to Kakkarott to keep you away from you. The testing is a ceremony in a way. Kakkarott will have a third sense whenever there is something going on with her. Kakkarott won't let anything happen to her that she doesn't want to happen." Vegeta explained.
"Then, I need to get her alone." Trunks said.
"Didn't you say before that the brat wouldn't allow it? She isn't that stupid to allow herself to be caught alone with you." Vegeta stated, "I said I'd help you but do you want her? Do you honestly want her for your mate?"
Trunks was surprised by Vegeta's sudden directness about his feelings towards Asyla. He had never actually asked him before. Did he want Asyla? He was away from her now. Her scent was not affecting him and he could say honestly, "Yes I do."
"I'll help you if it'll keep you from moping around like a whipped dog. Humph, you're going to have to tell her, boy, that you are from the future," Vegeta said as an evil grin went across his lips, "but after she is your woman."
"How are you going to do that?" Trunks asked, "You never told me."
"I'll give you the opportunity to get her alone and nothing else. I shouldn't have to help you with everything else do I?" Vegeta asked.
"No." Trunks replied and said, "When is this...he stopped in mid-sentence as he felt two powerful energy levels. As quickly as he felt them, they vanished. "Did you feel that?" Trunks asked.
Vegeta scoffed as he rolled his shoulders and said, "Cats bring bad luck."

Kuro watched as Asyla licked happily away at her vanilla ice cream on her side of the bench. He had chosen to take her to a carnival. It was something simple and fun. She seemed like she'd enjoy simple things. Kuro couldn't take his eyes off her. No matter how hard he tried, his eyes wandered back to fall upon her. She was beautiful, more beautiful than she was with her red hair. She seemed more feral, more animalistic and something about that was completely and totally sexy to him. The way the fireworks lit up the sky seemed to intensify everything. Kuro wanted to run his fingers through her hair, kiss the nape of her neck and...
"You're staring at me again," Asyla said interrupting his thoughts. She didn't turn to look at him. Her attention was still on the fireworks and the ice cream. Asyla could feel him staring at her. He had been doing that since they got to the carnival. "You like what you see?" she purred.
"Do you even have to ask that?" Kuro replied causing Asyla to laugh.
"Your planet is so beautiful," Asyla stated, "I wish I could see more of it."
"Well, I could take you if you wanted me to." Kuro suggested.
"That would be nice, but there are things that I need to figure out right now." Asyla stated.
"Like who you want to be with?" Kuro asked.
Asyla opened her mouth to scold Kuro but Kuro just laughed and said, "Hey, take all the time you want. Don't get me wrong. I have every intention to pursue you. However, I won't pressure you into doing anything that you don't want to do. If you want to be with Trunks, so be it, but I am not going to give up just because that punk gave me a black eye."
"You'd give up if you are smart." Asyla said.
"Intelligence isn't my strong point," Kuro said teasingly.
"Seriously, Kuro, it's best that this doesn't go any further than friendship." Asyla stated.
"Is that really how you feel or are you trying to protect me?" Kuro asked, "Don't underestimate me. Brute strength can only get you so far."
Asyla sighed and mumbled, "Stubborn males."
Asyla scooted closer to Kuro. She looked at him briefly. He made her comfortable. She didn't have to worry about him jumping her bones, but she was full aware that he wanted to. Kuro had control over his emotions and feelings. She could relax and do what she wanted and know her hormones weren't driving her. Asyla finished off her ice cream and said, "You haven't asked me once about myself. Why is that?"
"I figured you'd talk about it on your own," Kuro said, "Yes, this first started off as a way for me to drill you for information but spending time with you like this is better."
"Kuro," Asyla said before pulling him down to kiss him. Kuro was surprised by the kiss and even more surprised that she made the first move. He did not hesitate to deepen the kiss and wrap his arm around her waist. Asyla purred in delight at the kiss. It was nice. It wasn't electric as her kiss was with Trunks but it was still good. She didn't feel like she was promising something that she could follow through on.
Kuro's arm tightened around her and Asyla purred her delight of the closeness. He chuckled. She was definitely like a cat. Kuro was elated that she took this step in their relationship. He had hope, hope that he could win her over. His happiness was cut short as the hair on the back of his neck began to rise. There was something wrong. He couldn't pick his finger on, but every fiber of his being was telling him that they needed to move from their secluded bench. Kuro opened his eyes to see a bright light and thought, 'Such an odd firework.' The light seemed to get bigger until Kuro realized what exactly it was. "Move!" he yelled before pushing Asyla off the bench. A beam hit the bench propelling Kuro and Asyla in two different directions.

The rest of the Z gang had left only a few moments after Asyla. Goku had promised to explain everything on a later date. Chi Chi was still angry with him and he had to work that out by any means necessary. He had other intentions of "working things out", but he and Chi Chi weren't seeing eye to eye. Working things out ended up with him helping Chi Chi with every single chore in the house. Goku had a new found appreciation of what Chi Chi did all day. Chores were harder than training. Trying to do chores at a fast pace only caused more mess to clean. When Goku had sat down to eat, he was very relieved. Goku devoured his dinner and asked for seconds. When he was ready for round three, he felt two unfamiliar energy levels.
"Dad, do you feel that?" Gohan asked.
"Yeah." Goku replied.
"Who do you think it is?" Gohan asked.
"I don't know, but I am going to find out." Goku replied.
"I am coming too." Gohan stated as he got up to follow Goku.
"I don't think so Mister! You have studies that you must attend to. So you sit right on down and continue eating your dinner." Chi Chi said.
"Aww, Mom, please?" Gohan asked.
"No! That's final!" Chi Chi answered.
"Yeah, Gohan, stay here." Goku said, "I'll be back." He left the house and flew off.
Chi Chi was concerned. Goku had never told his son to stay and if he said it now, then this was something serious. They had already gotten through the fight with Cell and Brolly and now there was another possible threat. It was a miracle she hadn't grown gray hair yet.
Goku followed the ki levels and heard a voice behind him, "You felt it too Kakkarott?"
"Yeah." Goku replied, "This is the second time today but they haven't concealed their ki yet."
"Where is Asyla?" Trunks asked.
"She is with Kuro," Goku replied.
Goku and Trunks were hoping that she was nowhere near the beings with high ki levels.

Kuro groaned as he lifted himself up from the ground. He hoped he had pushed Asyla away from him in time. Kuro had a strong feeling that it wasn't Trunks that did this. He wouldn't purposely try to harm Asyla, him, on the other hand, was another story. Kuro coughed as he inhaled the smoke and began to walk back towards where the bench used to be. He could see Asyla lying motionless on the ground with a plank of wood deeply imbedded in her thigh. "Asyla!" he said before a man appeared in front of his face.
"You need to be more worried about yourself than her." He said. Before he could respond, the man punched him in the face sending him straight back to where he started. "This should be fun." The man said as he cracked his knuckles.

Asyla was getting ready to yell at Kuro for pushing her but she had been propelled into the ground by the blast. It was taking her a moment to fully regain unconscious. As she became more and more conscious, the pain in her leg became sharper and sharper until she jolted upright. "Dammit," she growled as she gripped the plank and ripped it out of her leg.
"Language, Princess. That is no way a princess of Ithia should speak, "a female voice said.
Asyla looked up to see a woman leaning against a tree. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at the woman. The woman was wearing a tight, form fitting black spandex suit. She had short black hair with two black cat ears swiveling back and forth on top of her head. A black tail flicked back and forth above her head. Asyla's eyes widen as she took in the appearance of the woman. This was an Ithian woman. She wasn't the last after all, but the thought did not cheer her up. This stranger had attacked her. All Ithians knew who Asyla was and no one would dare to attack her even if their race was decimated.
"Who are you?" Asyla asked.
"Have you forgotten me so easily Asyla?" the woman asked.
Asyla's eyes narrowed as she hissed her warning at the woman. "Traitor! Betrayer!" Asyla hissed as she pulled herself up.
"Is that anyway to talk to your childhood friend?" the woman asked.
"You are not my friend, Natalia. You betrayed our people, you betrayed me. You sully the honor of Ithians." Asyla replied.
"Heh, you're still the high and mighty bitch that you are. You dare to say I sully the honor of our people? You cut your hair, you dyed it black and you even got rid of your tail! You are dishonorable one here!" Natalia snapped back at her.
"You tried to sell our people to the highest bidder! You and your mother should suffer a horrible death for what you two attempted to do but my mother was kind. She banished your mother and not you. She allowed you to stay, to be raised on Ithia." Asyla said.
"You of all people should know what it feels like not to have parents," Natalia said and laughed bitterly, "How funny your mother banished my mother for a crime that she did as well. She spread her legs for a putrid Saiyan and had you and you think you're better than me."
Asyla chuckled and said, "True that she did but at least I wasn't the product of a whore and an Icejin!"

BAM! Cliffhanger for you! I hope you enjoyed. Please review and stay tuned for the next chapter of I Believe In A Thing Called Love!