Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Believe In A Thing Called Love ❯ The Test ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer:I don't own DBZ. The DBZ universe and its characters are property of Akira Toryiama, Toei and Hi No Tory studios. However, Asyla is my character and anything else that deals with her.
Author's Note: Hello everyone! I know it has been a long, long, long, LONG time since I have written anything. Calculus and Chemistry have collectively been killing me. Studying for finals didn't help with allowing me to have time to write the next chapter. But no worries, I am back to continue the story of Asyla. (I also got a C in both classes. WOOT!) I hope you enjoy this next chapter. If it seems a little off, it has been awhile since I've written anything that wasn't academic. However, I promise the next chapters shall be spectacular!

Chapter 21: The Test
Asyla opened her eyes to see a purple sky. She yawned as she rubbed her eyes and opened them again. The sky was still purple. She stood up slowly noticing that she had on a silver gown and she was standing on soft black ground. Asyla turned around to see purple flowers everywhere and when she looked back up at the sky, there was a huge bright purple moon. Asyla's eyes widened because she couldn't believe what she was seeing. She touched the top of her head and felt her cat ears. Asyla whipped her tail back and forth and ran her finger across the thin fur on her arms.
"It was all a dream." Asyla said, "Was it? It seemed so real."
"It was not a dream." A voice said behind her.
Asyla turned to see a white tiger staring at her. She ran over to it and dropped to her knees to wrap her arms around the tiger. Tears streamed down her face as she held onto the tiger. "Tookie! You're alive!" Asyla said, "This can't be a dream."
"It is a dream, Asyla. You're sisters are still dead, our planets are still destroyed and I am stuck in some sort of limbo." Tookie said.
"Limbo, so you're not technically dead?" Asyla asked as she leaned back to look at her longtime friend.
"I swore when it was my job to protect you that I would not leave your side until you died or until I felt you didn't need my protection." Tookie explained as her tail flicked, "And you still need my protection."
"Protection? I am safe on Earth. The only thing that could harm me is stress." Asyla replied.
"I noticed that. The only way I can contact you is through your dreams and you haven't been calm or not unconscious until now. I really thought that being on Earth would make life less hectic for you." Tookie said.
"Long story, but Tookie why are you contacting me?" Asyla asked.
"You will be in danger soon. An old enemy is coming to Earth. I am here to warn you." Tookie replied.
"Old enemy? You and I both know that I kill all of my enemies. Pity and mercy were luxuries that we could not afford." Asyla said.
"You had enemies Asyla that you couldn't kill that you were not permitted to kill." Tookie stated.
"Not permitted? I was the sole guardian of Ithia. If someone was a threat to Ithia, they were dealt with quickly. Tookie stop talking in riddles and just tell me who you are talking about." Asyla said.
"I can't." Tookie replied.
"And why not?" Asyla asked.
"Because you're going to wake up." Tookie replied with a nuzzle, "Until next time."

"Tookie!" Asyla said as she woke up. She stared up at the ceiling as she grimaced. Asyla was in the guest room of her Uncle and Aunt's house. This world was not a dream. Asyla leaned up as she ran her hands through her red hair. She began to wonder was what she dreamt only a dream. It felt really, it smelled real. However, her mind could've been playing tricks on her. Asyla got out of bed and noticed she had white fur all over her pajamas. She smiled at the thought of Tookie still being alive. At the same time, she wished she could move on without her. She wished there was something that she could do for her. Asyla would have to be strong. She had to prove that she could leave on Earth on her own without the aid of her guardian. Asyla had to do this. She would allow Tookie to have peace, to move on.
Asyla walked over to the dresser and stared at herself in the mirror. She inhaled deeply as she stared at her fire red hair. On Earth, her red hair was a weakness. She would be easily identified. The customs on Earth were different and Asyla had to come to grips with that. She would have to assimilate or perish and Ithians would never perish without a fight.
Asyla pulled open a drawer and pull out a pair of scissors. "Here goes." She said as she began cutting her hair off.

"What do you mean it didn't get here?" Bulma exclaimed.
"You heard me Bulma. It didn't get here." Chi Chi said as she was preparing breakfast.
Bulma sat at the table glaring at Chi Chi and mumbling to herself. Her robots never messed up. They were perfect. Well, almost perfect. They didn't just glitch without a reason. Maybe Vegeta had kicked one. Bulma shook her head and began to berate herself for her stupidity. If Vegeta had kicked her robot, it would have ceased to exist altogether.
"Are you sure Goku didn't get it?" Bulma asked.
"You know how hard Goku sleeps. If he couldn't feel a ki level, then that man is not going to wake up for a robot." Chi Chi said, "It's amazing that he didn't wake up when Trunks and Asyla were arguing. Trunks was pretty pissed when he left."
"I haven't seen him all morning. What exactly did they say to each other?" Bulma asked, "I can't remember everything you said last night."
"Well, Trunks started talking as if Vegeta told him what to say. He may have not meant any harm but he offended Asyla. She is not permitting him to see her unless he can control himself and you know he can't. So, she pretty much banned him from being around her." Chi Chi explained.
"Wow. Do you think Asyla is that taken with Kuro?" Bulma stated.
"No, I don't think that's it. I think there's too much going on right now. She hasn't had one moment to relax, not one moment. I think Kuro is simply an easier person to deal with. She doesn't have to worry about him jumping her bones and being able to physically overpower her. He is not demanding anything from her but being her friend. Who wouldn't want that if you were in her shoes?" Chi Chi declared.
"I agree, but wouldn't that be kind of dangerous for her? He's a human and we've been trying to keep everything quiet about Saiyans and etc. even though it seems that Earth is getting attacked almost every three years." Bulma said.
"You have to remember that Asyla was the guardian of her planet like Goku is of Earth. I don't think she's going to simply reveal everything unless she really trusts that person. She is not going to put Earth in danger like that. Well not on purpose. And it seems horrible for me to say this but she WILL kill to keep us safe. I saw how she was at the club. Asyla didn't hesitate." Chi Chi said.
"But still, I think it'd be best if she just hung around us for a little while longer. You should talk to her about it. You are her Aunt." Bulma suggested.
"Bulma, I can tell it's painful for her being around all of us. Her father was killed by her Uncle. Her love interest's father had a hand in her parents' destruction not to mention a sibling of hers that was never born. Let her get out. Let her make friends outside of us. It'll do her some good." Chi Chi retorted as she began to make plates.
"But..."
"Bulma, there is nothing for you to worry about." Asyla said as she entered the room, "I am not naïve. I'll keep a low profile."
Bulma gaped at Asyla who entered the kitchen wearing a blue sundress. Asyla had dyed her hair black and cut it short. It was still wet and uncombed, so her hair was spikey and sticking straight up. It was more apparent with her black and spikey hair that she was the daughter of Radditz and the niece of Goku. Asyla's whole appearance screamed deadly seduction. She walked with grace, spoke proper but still had the arrogance in her eyes that could rival Vegeta's.
"A low profile? There's no way you can keep a low profile." Bulma said.
"Is my hair not red?" Asyla asked as she began fiddling with her hair, "I did everything the instructions said to do."
"No, it's not that. You're beautiful Asyla. I mean that's the only way I can put it. You are going to draw attention to you no matter what. At least you look a lot different than before." Bulma replied, "You'll attract attention but not because you were the firey red head that killed four men and blew up in her hospital room."
"Now that I think about it maybe I should stay in the house for a little while longer." Asyla said as she hugged Chi Chi before taking her seat at the table.
"No, no, nothing to worry about now. Well, you were the second reason why I came over." Bulma said opening her purse. She pulled out a small black device. It was about the size of a blackberry. There was opening at the top and on the side. "Now, Asyla put your finger in the hole at the top."
Asyla did so without any hesitation. A horrible pain went up her hand and then her arm. She yelped and yanked her finger back. The small device glowed before spitting out a plastic card. Bulma picked up the card and handed it to her. "This is your I.D." Bulma said.
"Kuso!" Asyla hissed as she licked her finger. Her finger was throbbing and was bleeding pretty badly. "Bulma why do all your devices hurt?" she asked as she snatched the I.D. from Bulma.
"Well just think of this way. If it doesn't hurt, it doesn't work." Bulma stated.
Asyla read her I.D. and said, "Son Hoshimi…that's what my name is supposed to be?"
"Yeah, it picks the name for you. Just remember no one else is supposed to know your real name." Bulma said.
"I understand," Asyla stated, "Just that name...Obasan, where is Ojisan and Gohan-kun?"
"They went off to train early this morning. They'll be back once Goku smells the food." Chi Chi answered.
"I think I am going to go look for them. I will bring them back for breakfast." Asyla said as she got up and left the kitchen quickly.
"What do you think that was about?" Bulma asked.
"I have no idea." Chi Chi replied.

Trunks pushed the door open to the room. He closed it behind him as entered the room. Trunks walked over to the bed and sat down. He sniffed at the sheets and gave a sigh. Trunks was regretting his choices. He wished he hadn't ignored her and he wished he hadn't talked to his father. Trunks was worse off than he was from the beginning. He couldn't understand this. No woman had made him feel this way not a single one and Asyla just entered his life and everything changed. Trunks resented her for that. He didn't have any attachment to the present time besides spending time with his father, but now there was Asyla. This was a serious problem. How could he tell her that he was from the past? How could he get her to come to the past with him? That was the real question. Trunks stood up and began to go through the drawers in the room.
"What are you doing boy?" Vegeta asked as he entered the room.
Trunks pulled out a shirt from one of the drawers. He ripped a piece off of it and tied it on his wrist. "I have a plan. Her scent drives me crazy. If I have it around me all the time, it won't be that bad." He said and Vegeta laughed at him.
"You're not going to get use to her scent until she is mated or out of her heat cycle." Vegeta stated.
"You don't know that. I have to try something. I need to talk to her." Trunks said.
"Sometimes you are as dumb that idiot Kakkarott," Vegeta stated, "A saiyan female doesn't want an affectionate, needy man. She wants someone who can dominant her. She may be naïve to this and only half saiyan but her Ithian blood abides by this rule too."
"I can't get near her at all. She won't allow me to be anywhere near her and Goku is not going to let me be near her either if she tells him." Trunks explained.
"Let me worry about Kakkarott." Vegeta said.

Gohan evaded Goku's punch and countered with a kick. Goku blocked his kick and punched at him. They were a blur of blows. Neither one was relenting. A black blur jumped between them. A fist connected with Gohan's chin sending him flying back and a foot connected with Goku's stomach sending him sliding back. Asyla stood in the place where Goku and Gohan were sparring.
"Can I make this a little more interesting?" she asked as she got into her battle stance. She brought her hand before her showing her rather small but still sharp claws and the other hand above her head.
Goku hadn't picked up on the intruder until the last moment. She was an interesting fighter. Her blows hadn't hurt but at the same time they had enough force to knock him back and the wind out of him. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" Goku asked.
Asyla gaped at Goku. Did she really look that different to everyone? When she looked in the mirror, it had seemed she had gotten into a fight with a pair of scissors and black mud and loss horribly, but it was still her. It was still Asyla. "Ojisan! It's me Asyla!" she said as she dropped her arms.
"Holy cow! Wow, you look so different! I didn't even know that it was you." Goku said as his mouth fell open. He had never seen a female saiyan before but Goku was sure that this was what they had to look like. Asyla looked like she was more related to Vegeta until she turned her head to Goku and smirked. He had a flashback from when he first saw Radditz and how he had looked at him. The memory almost took the smile off of his face.
"Yeah, well, I have to take on a new appearance." Asyla asked as she got back into her battle stance, "Now come on! Let's spice things up. Think you can handle an Ithian princess?"
"Fine by me. Gohan?" Goku said.
"Yeah, Dad. I am fine. She surprised me." Gohan said as he walked back over, "Are you sure you can spar with us, Asyla? Your hand is bleeding."
Asyla looked at her right fist. The skin was split a little. She frowned at it. The punch had hurt her more than them. Asyla cracked her knuckles again. She snorted and said, "It's nothing."
"Then, let's begin." Goku said.

A massive energy level interrupted Piccolo's meditation. This was his second time feeling it. He didn't care much about it when he felt it with Vegeta. He thought Vegeta had gotten out of hand with one of Bulma's sparring robots, but this time this was too close to Gohan and Goku. With the spike of Goku's energy level and for concern of Gohan, Piccolo was going to investigate. He wasn't too far away from where he felt it. Piccolo began to wonder what the hell was going on. Gohan, Goku, Vegeta and Trunks had left mysteriously after they returned from the fight with Brolly. He didn't think much of it but Chi Chi bitching them out again about randomly leaving. Did something else happen? Did they accidently bring something back to Earth?
"Gohan!" Piccolo said as he saw his figure crumpled over in a tree. He floated next to him and checked his pulse. Gohan was still alive but unconscious. He picked him up and laid him on the ground. Piccolo went to find Goku. As he got closer the sky had darkened as if someone summoned the Dragon Balls. Piccolo narrowly escaped being struck by lightening that was falling down all around the area where Goku and his attacker. Piccolo couldn't see very well but he could make out figures and bravely charged at the attacker.

Asyla was able to evade most of Goku and Gohan's punches. They were fast, very fast. She had to rely more on instincts than fighting skills to make sure not to take a hit that could damage her severely. Asyla was thankful that they didn't make that spiky gold hair transformation that she would have to ask them about later. She had figured if Vegeta could do it so could Goku, Gohan and Trunks too. Asyla could not cope with that transformation. She was too weak but she hoped when her heat cycle was over, Asyla would have another chance at Vegeta.
Asyla's spar with Goku and Gohan was not friendly at all. It was more of a testing session. Goku and Gohan had to prove that they could win a fight against her. Males were not the leaders on Ithia but they were still important. They had to be strong and capable of protecting the family if the women failed to do so. From talk, Goku was quite capable because he rid the universe of Brolly, but she had to know for herself. She wasn't holding Gohan to traditions for he was still young and obviously did not understand that this was not a friendly spar anymore. When she knocked him into a tree unconscious, it was more of in a loving gesture to make sure she avoided serious harm for what was to come next.
A swift punch to the chest sent Asyla into a tree. She took a moment to recover. "Asyla, are you.." Before Goku could finish, the sky began to darken and the boom of thunder shook the ground. Asyla emerged from the hole in the tree with electricity swirling around her as if she was creating it. She was getting ready for one of her strongest attacks. If Goku could manage to stay conscious from a direct hit, he would be deemed worthy as superior to Asyla which she hoped he would. The intensity of this attack was greatly weakened by her state. When she was at full potential, this attack could easily kill her enemy.
Goku had started to understand what Asyla was doing. He wasn't quite sure why but he knew she was testing her and it was important not to fail this test. Her attacks steadily increase. When she knocked Gohan unconscious, all her restraint was let go. Asyla was a handful. She adapted to her enemy quite well to the point that Goku had to switch up his attacks to even land a blow.
Electricity began to form around Asyla's hands. Her face was serious as she could feel Goku preparing for an attack as well. Asyla clapped her hands together and screamed, "THUNDERCLAP!" She flicked her wrists and a beam of electricity went straight for Goku. "KAMEHAMEHA!" Goku yelled sending a blast straight for hers. They met and it was about who could withstand whose blast. It became quickly apparent that Asyla was not going to be able to hold this for long after the first two minutes. Her wrists and arms were tiring. She was sliding back. Goku had proven himself and that was all she wanted. Asyla dropped her arms and narrowly escaped being blasted by her own attack as well as Goku's.
Due to her lack of energy, she didn't pick up on the green man until his fist almost collided with her face. Asyla braced for the attack that didn't come. Goku had intervened. He stood in front of her holding the green man's fist.
"Piccolo, there's nothing to worry about. We were just sparring." Goku said letting go of his wrist.
"Sparring? You two were causing earthquakes that probably the whole world could've felt. And who is that? How is there another damn saiyan here?" Piccolo exclaimed.
"Heh, heh, Chi Chi is going to be so mad at me," Goku said nervously, "This is my neice."
"Your what?" a bald head short man exclaimed landing not too far away from them as well as three other men.

Author's Notes: Kuso means shit, Obasan means Aunt and Ojisan means Uncle.
Well, that's the end of this chapter. Cliffhanger for you! I hope you enjoyed even though in my opinion, this chapter was not my best. Please review and I shall have the next chapter up as soon as possible. So, stay tuned for the next chapter of I Believe In A Thing Called Love!