Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ I Wish... ❯ Who We Are ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own Dragon Ball Z or any of its characters. All original plots © ErieDragon 2002.

A/N: The song "Who We Are" is my song, my original work, my blood and sweat, etc. I suppose this is the second "chapter" to "I Wish..," but it doesn't really correspond. Whatever. Take it how you like. The song sort of switches POVs every stanza or so.. "Who We Are" © ErieDragon 2002.

*I don't know

What's come over you

I don't know

Who you are anymore*

"Vegeta?" Came a small, meek voice. The Saiyan turned his head to the source, which, apparently, was from behind a wall. He raised on eyebrow quizzically, then turned back to the meal at hand. Slowly, from around the corner came two big, sapphire eyes and a cropped, aqua mane. Vegeta looked up once more, irritated. Bulma instantly saw his reaction and turned, bolting down the hallway for the door. She was blocked by a stout, muscular fellow, with piercing black eyes and coal colored, gravity defying hair.

*I don't know

Why you've changed on me

I don't know

Where you've gone to*

"What crawled up your ass and died?" Vegeta inquired sardonically, putting an arm on the doorframe to prevent her escape. Bulma shrunk back from him and leaned against a far wall, her trademark yellow bandana missing and her red dress in a flutter. Being one of the more observant population, Vegeta watched her shallow movements in question. Their bond, which had formed over eight years ago, caused him to shudder. Bulma was in a terrible state of tremor, and he had to find out why. At least Trunks was out playing with Goten today.

*We've been through so much

To end it now

We've seen so many things

To quit on me now*

"I have to talk to you, Vegeta," she said at length, standing firmly on her two feet. Vegeta smirked at her stoutness; not much could bring her this down, and whatever it was, she was fighting it. Bulma crossed the room and stared up at him, causing the prince to shift uncomfortably. She was never this aggressive, a definite mood change from her cowering form before. Vegeta donned a vicious sneer and glared back at her, the obvious tension in his mate's body slightly receding. He grinned inwardly.

*I know there's hope

Deep inside

I know there's reason

To keep me alive*

"I'm pregnant," Bulma tore her gaze from his and turned, walking across the room. As Vegeta stared on in shock, she collapsed to the floor and buried her head in her hands. He remembered so long ago, the first time she had said those very words; he had been absolutely furious, ready to do whatever it took to abandon the both of them. But now, things were different... When death had knocked at his door, Vegeta had taken it head on, merely for the comfort that while he was in the other world, his son and mate would be safe. Safe.

*Our life is here

Our legacy lives

You don't care

Why should I?*

"I'm sorry.. I don't know what happened!" Bulma cried, defending herself against an unspoken scolding. Vegeta merely shook his head and turned, crossing his arms to stare at the wall. He knew it probably wasn't her fault, as was the first time. She just didn't know things, but normally he hated ignorance. Despised it. Bulma's tears made his cheek twitch emotionally, the Saiyan turning to face her once more. The blue-haired dame's face was tear-streaked, a feature he had not bothered to notice before. She must have had a fit when she found out... If she was not going to be strong, he had to be... For her.

*I have seen the side of you

That no one else will ever see

I have seen the side of you

That deep down, does love me*

"It doesn't matter," Vegeta replied in a cold, matter-of-fact tone. Bulma glanced up, a faint glimmer of hope in her eyes. He caught this, of course, but tore his gaze from hers. No. Restraint was his best virtue.. probably one of his only virtues, next to his obscene pride. The same pride that had almost destroyed him, had almost destroyed everyone he loved. Yes, he could say it now: Vegeta loved his family, although he would never, ever admit it. Ever. He turned, taking her eyes up in his.

*Sometimes together

We try to understand our life

Sometimes together

We just let the world be*

"Come here, woman." Bulma's eyes widened, and she gazed at him quizzically. Her frightened demeanor quickly evaporated, replaced by her normal bold, daring self. Vegeta watched in pride as she got up, putting her nose into the air and walking to him as if she were queen of the world. Coming right up to his chest, Vegeta felt the urge to step back from the sudden contact, but instead stared right into her azure eyes. Bulma shuddered, her fright on the verge of returning.

*Don't ever forget me

Don't ever desert me

Please forgive me

Please remember me*

Suddenly, Vegeta captured her mouth in his, the shocked woman drawing back from the sudden touch. He merely wrapped his arms around Bulma's petite body and pulled her closer, his tongue searching her mouth like a lost puppy. His lips played on hers, the whole thing almost like a game to him. Bulma, now ecstatic, wrapped her arms around his neck tightly and pulled Vegeta in closer. He grinned inwardly and picked her up, his mouth still latched onto hers.

*Now we live

Together, in chains

But as long as we live

Together, I don't know I'm bound*

"Everything.. will be just fine," he said in an assuring voice, breaking the bond their lips had formed. Vegeta navigated across the room, carrying a snuggling Bulma in his arms vicariously. He felt uncomfortable with this sudden gesture, but merely laid her on the couch and sat beside her, wrapping a pair of muscular arms around the sky-blue woman's soft, perfect body. Bulma leaned up and kissed him deeply, pressing her hands against his shoulders. He jerked back from the unexpected movement, but leaned in and soon returned the gesticulation with equal passion. Yes, everything would be just fine.

*Now we live

Together, in harmony

But as long as we live

Together, I'm on cloud nine.*

~Majin Niña~