Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Invasion Of Shadows ❯ Kakarot In Danger ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Nothing major in this chapter.

Goku and Goten meet Kakarot and the gang next chapter!!

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or it's characters!

Invasion of Shadows

Kakarot In Danger

Goten and Goku both looked up as they felt the explosion shake the ground.

"W-What was that?" Goten asked.

"I don't know. I think it was an explosion, but I'm not sure."

~*~

"It's the alarm." Raditz said, his little brother still quivering behind him. "But that means-"

"Raditz, get Kakarot home! I've gotta go to the palace!" Bardock ordered before running toward the place where the explosion had taken place.

"B-but, Dad!" Raditz called after his father.

"Just do it!" Bardock shouted over his shoulder as he joined the other Saiya-jin rushing towards the Royal Palace.

Raditz groaned. "Aw, I wanted to go and help! Oh well. C'mon, Kakarot, let's-" he started to say, but then looked around and noticed that his young brother wasn't anywhere to be found. Raditz's eyes widened. "Uh... oh... Dad's gonna kill me!"

Raditz began to run through the people, hoping to find Kakarot in the crowd. No such luck.

"Kakarot! Kakarot, where are you?!" he called, looking around and trying his best not to run into anybody. He didn't succeed, however, and was soon pushed into the street.

"Ouch." he muttered as he hit the pavement. "That one hurt." He sat up, rubbing his head. He didn't notice the car coming towards him until he heard someone scream for him to get out of the road. He yelped and jumped into the air, landing on the sidewalk. He sulked as the adults around him tsked.

'Oh, well. Gotta find Kakarot.' he thought. He looked around, but still didn't see him. Raditz sighed before running into an alleyway. He pushed the button on his radar that said 'Talk'. A robotic voice came on.

"Name of contact."

"Elite Saiya-jin Bardock." Raditz said calmly, walking through the alleyway and still searching around. He tried to think of how he would tell his father.

"Contact found. Accessing radar of Elite Saiya-jin Bardock."

Raditz sighed nervously.

"Raditz, are you there?" Bardock's voice said.

"H-Hey, Father." Raditz replied nervously, continuing to walk and search.

"Raditz, what are you contacting me for?! I'm a little busy!" Raditz could hear sirens and yells in the background.

"I can hear that. It's just that we have a teensy, weensy little problem."

"What, what is it? Are you hurt? Is Kakarot hurt?" Bardock asked worriedly.

"No, I'm fine, but I think I might've lost Kakarot." he muttered the last part.

"YOU WHAT?!!!!" Bardock screamed. Raditz almost threw his radar onto the ground.

"It's not my fault! He's the one that wondered off!"

Raditz heard his dad sigh. "Just find him, and hurry! There's no telling what he might do if he thinks that the 'Shadow Monster' is after him. I'll see if they need my help. If they don't, I'll start looking for him too. But if he's in any sort of trouble, any at all, don't do anything by yourself, understand?"

"Yes, Father." Raditz said bluntly, upset that his father wouldn't let him rescue his brother alone.

"Good. Now, I've gotta go. Be careful!" Bardock's voice disappeared.

Raditz hit the 'End Talk' button. "Yeah, yeah. 'Be careful!'" he said in imitation of his father. "I'm not a little baby, I can take care of myself."

However, he hadn't been looking where he was going and ran into a brick wall.

"Sometimes." he muttered as he slid to the ground.

~*~

'Don' worry, Kakarot! It not 'dat bad.' Kakarot thought. 'It jus' dark and scary and 'de Shadow Monster is most likely following you, but 'dat's okay!'

Kakarot, despite his attempt at assuring himself, jumped as he heard a noise behind him.

Turning around quickly, he noticed a cat scamper by. He sighed.

"It only a cat," he muttered, turning back around. He ran into something.

Blinking, the three-year-old looked up to see what he had run into.

What 'it' was, was a man, a very unhappy man.

Kakarot gulped and backed away, only to run into something else. He looked up and say another angry face.

'Great...'

"Well, well, what do we have here?" one asked as more men appeared. "A child walking around alone? That's very dangerous you know."

Kakarot kept his mouth shut. His brother warned him about men that hung out in alleyways.

"Never, ever say anything to a stranger, especially one you meet in an alleyway. One false word and they'll kill ya!"

"Say, you look like that one official, what's his name...?" One of them said, thinking.

"His name Bardock!" Kakarot screamed, but then quickly covered his mouth as he realized his mistake.

"Oh, yeah, that's right." he said. "Say, Potashi, how much do you think Bardock would pay for a ransom for this kid?"

"Probably a couple million saiku at least, Asparku." 'Potashi' answered.

"Couple million, eh? Well, kid, you're coming with us." 'Aspaku' smirked as he grabbed Kakarot's arm.

"N-No!! Let me go!!" Kakarot screamed.

"No can do, kid. You're going with us whether you like it or not, so stop struggling!"

"Let him go. Or the only ones who will be going somewhere is you. To Hell, most likely."

They all looked over to see where the voice came from.

Kakarot smiled and laughed, relieved. "Daddy!"

Bardock continued staring at the Saiya-jin who had a hold of his son.

"I would ask you nicely to release my son, but to have had enough nerve to even lay a finger on him, takes away all the 'nice' I have in me," Bardock hissed.

He was ready to kick some serious Saiya-jin ass.

~*~

A/N: Short, I know, and probably not very good, but I wanted to get this chapter out, so *crosses her arms* THERE!!

Read and Review!