Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Invasion Of Shadows ❯ A Wish To The Past? Oops... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi everybody! Happy New Year! I'm gonna kick of the 2003 by updating my newest story, this one!

Goten and Goku finally appear in this chapter.

Thank you all very, very much for the reviews! They are all really great to read!

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or it's characters. I do, however, own the idea for this story and any characters I choose to make up. Please ask if you wish to use them.

Invasion of Shadows

A Wish To The Past? Oops...

"I wish that the forest were repaired from the damage caused by the fire!" Goku shouted up at the Shenron.

"It has been done. Now, grant you your second wish." Shenron called as the forest became replenished with green leaves and grass.

Goku looked up at Shenron, then slapped his forehead.

'Oh! I forgot that there are two wishes now! I don't have a second wish prepared and Shenron doesn't like to wait!'

Goten tugged on Goku's pants with his small eight-year-old hands.

"Hey, Daddy? I know what to wish for. Can I make the wish? Please?" Goten pleaded.

Goku looked down at his son. "Okay, I guess. Just be careful how you word it. One slip up could ruin the whole thing!" He warned. Goten nodded in understanding.

"Shenron? I wish that Daddy and me could be sent back and meet Daddy's Daddy!" Goten yelled.

Shenron's eyes flashed red.

"Your wish has been granted. Farewell." Shenron called before the Dragonballs flew into the sky and separated in different directions, never to be used again for one year.

Before either of the Sons could react, they disappeared.

~*~

"D-aaa-dd! How much lower can you get for a good priced armor like the one I want?!" Raditz complained, biting into his meat as he sat in the booth next to Kakarot, Bardock across from him.

Kakarot took a sip of his juice quietly, his eyes darting around.

"You can find perfect ones under 409 saiku*!" Bardock said back.

"But you're one of the top officials to King Vegeta! Don't you get paid the most?" Raditz asked, looking at him with confused eyes. Kakarot also looked at him, his eyes blinking wildly. Bardock didn't miss either of the looks.

"That may be so, but I still have to work harder now that you mother is...," Bardock chocked down his piece of raw meat. "Gone." He whispered.

Raditz looked down and began to eat quietly, knowing that the conversation was over now, ending with the mention of his mother.

"Daddy? Can I go to the bathroom, Daddy?" Kakarot asked.

"Yes, Kakarot, you can. You know where it is right?" Bardock asked.

Kakarot nodded before slipping out of the booth and taking off toward the bathroom.

~*~

"Daddy? Daddy!" Goten yelled, trying his best to wake his father up.

Goku groaned as he rubbed his head, the bump obvious. He opened his eyes, blinking.

"G-Goten?" He asked quietly. Goten nodded. "Where are we?"

"I have no idea, Daddy!" Goten said as he let out and exasperated breath.

Goku sat up and looked around they were in a dark alleyway, people walking around outside one opening and it looked deserted outside the other exit. Goku narrowed his eyes and looked closer at the people. They all wore armor, except for the younger children, and everybody, adults and children, had... tails?!

Goku closed his eyes, shook his head, and then opened his eyes again. Sure enough. They had tails.

"Goten, you asked to go to the past to meet my dad, right?"

"Yeah...." Goten nodded.

"Well, I think you sent us to the planet Vegeta."

"Really? Oops."

Goku looked down. They still had their normal gi on. They were definitely going to stick out. One thing that was different. The brown rope around their waists.

Goku looked up from his waist, but only for a second. Because as soon as he had looked up, he realized that the rope, wasn't a rope. It was his tail. Alive and working.

'At least we'll blend in that way.' Goku thought.

~*~

Kakarot walked out of the bathroom and started walking back to his booth. He stopped suddenly, feeling like he was being watched.

He looked behind him. No one there.

'Dat funny. I could swear dat I saw some one dare...'

His eyes widened and he shivered.

'M-Maybe it da Shadow Monster!' Kakarot turned back around and walked/ran back to Bardock and Raditz.

"Daddy? Can we leave?" Kakarot asked, not bothering to sit down.

"Well, we're both done, but are you sure you are? You barely ate anything!" Bardock told him, confused.

Kakarot nodded frantically, grabbing onto Bardock's arm and tugging hard. "I done, I done!"

Raditz and Bardock looked at him questionably.

"O-Okay, Kakarot. Just let me pay." Bardock said, laying down the right amount of saiku* before standing up, his arm growing somewhat sore from all of Kakarot's frantic pulling and tugging.

Bardock barely had time to say 'thank you' to the waitress before Kakarot pulled him out the door, Raditz trailing behind, and dragged him out of the mall and into the street, obviously trying to get away from the mall.

"Kakarot?! What is the matter?!" Bardock strongly asked his son as he stopped him.

"Dare's noting wrong. I jus' didn't want to-"

"Stop lying, Little Brother. There's clear fear written all over your face. You think you saw the Shadow Monster, don't 'cha?" Raditz teased.

"I-I not scared!" Kakarot yelled back, clenching his fists and staring hard back.

"Are too." Raditz continued to tease, balling his hands and putting them on his hips, staring down at his little brother.

"Are not!" Kakarot pushed his face as high and into his brothers as he could without standing on his tiptoes.

"Are too!"

"Are n-" Kakarot started but was interrupted by an explosion down the road. Kakarot jumped at the sudden sound and hid behind his brother.

Raditz looked quickly at him before looking back at the explosion.

"Wh-what happened, Dad?" Raditz asked Bardock in a whisper.

"No idea. Probably another gang attack on-" Bardock began before he stopped in mid-sentence and looked behind him. "That sound..."

~*~

A/N: There you all go! I hope you all enjoyed it! And thanks for the reviews!

~Abi-chan~

*Saiku- Saiya-jin money

Next time on 'Invasion of Shadows':

"Say, you look like that one official, what's his name...?" One of them said, thinking.

"His name Bardock!" Kakarot screamed but then quickly covered his mouth.

"Oh, yeah, that's right." He said. "Say, Potashi, how much do you think Bardock would pay for a ransom for this kid?"

"Probably a couple million saiku at least, Asparku." 'Potashi' answered.

"Couple million, eh? Well, Kid, you're coming with us." 'Aspaku' smirked as he grabbed Kakarot's arm.

"N-No!! Let me go!!" Kakarot screamed.

"No can do, Kid. You're going with us whether you like it or not, so stop struggling!"

"Let him go. Or the only ones who will be going somewhere is you. To Hell, most likely."