Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Invasion Of Shadows ❯ More Dan A Story ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi! Thanks for the reviews!

Nutin' really to say in this author's note, except that Goku and Goten aren't in this chapter but will be in the next one.

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or it's characters. I do own any characters I make up and this story idea. Please don't steal it!

Invasion Of Shadows

More Dan A Story

"Daddy! DADDY!!" Kakarot screamed.

Bardock ran in and went to his son's side.

"What is it, Kakarot?!" Bardock asked frantically.

"He was here, Daddy! He was in da corner!" Kakarot cried as he latched onto his father's arm.

"Who was? What do you mean?" Bardock asked, confused.

"D-Da Sh-Shadow Monster!" Kakarot stuttered.

Bardock sighed a sigh of relief. "Is that all?"

"What you mean 'Is dat all'? Daddy, I serious!" Kakarot whined.

"Kakarot, there's no such thing as a 'Shadow Monster'." Bardock said to him, wrenching out of his son's tight hold. He may only have been three-years-old, but his grip could break a weak adult Saiya-jin's arm.

"But he was-" Kakarot started, pointing to the corner.

"It's just a story!" Bardock interrupted, patting his three-year-old on the head. "Don't worry!"

"But, Daddy, I saw it, da Shadow Monster! He was here, in da corner! He tried to hurt me, Daddy, to kill me! Why won't you believe me, Daddy!" Kakarot asked, grabbing his father's hand in emphasis. "It more dan a story, Daddy! It real, I jus' know it! I feel it!"

"Kakarot..." Bardock whispered under his breath, his voice holding slight annoyance.

"I serious!!" Kakarot screamed, his innocent child eyes filled with tears. He gave his father's hand another hard shake. "He gonna kill me, Daddy! He gonna-"

"Kakarot! There is no such thing as 'the Shadow Monster'! You're letting your imagination run away with you!" Bardock scolded.

Kakarot let go of his father's hand and grabbed the covers of his bed, looking down, fresh tears falling down his cheeks.

"Listen, Kakarot. I didn't mean to scold you, but you have to understand that there is no monster trying to kill you." Bardock said, his eyes softening. "You have a big training day tomorrow after we go to the market, so you need your sleep!"

Kakarot nodded and laid back down. Bardock pulled the covers over him.

"Good night, Kakarot." Bardock said, standing up and starting to walk out.

"Daddy?" Kakarot asked after him.

"Hmm?"

"You miss Mommy, too, don't you, Daddy?"

Bardock turned and blinked at his toddler. "W-what do you mean?"

"You tryin' so hard to take Mommy's place, ain't you, Daddy?" Kakarot asked, his eyes half closed with sleepiness. "You don't hafta, Daddy. You a great daddy already. And Mommy is still here. I jus know dat she watching over us and dat she still loves us."

Bardock's eyes widened.

"Night night, Daddy." Kakarot whispered, closing his eyes and drifting off to a sleep.

'What did you mean by that, Kakarot?' Bardock walked over to his son's bedside and looked down at the innocent face of him. 'For one that is supposed to grow up to be a ruthless warrior, you seem so innocent. So childish. So, so...un-Saiya-jin like.' He moved some of Kakarot's hair away from a spot on his head. 'The doctor said you might lose memories after you fell and hit your head, but he couldn't have meant your Saiya-jin memories and ways, could he have, my little son?'

~*~

Bardock stifled a yawn with his free hand as he walked around the mall before grabbing back onto Kakarot's quivering one. Bardock had been woken up at least 3 more times the night before to a 'Shadow Monster' call, before Kakarot finally slept peacefully.

Raditz also yawned, stretching his arms and then putting them behind his head. "Aw. This is boring. Can't I at least buy one new set of armor, Dad? Please?!"

"Raditz, I've told you a million times already that we're getting Kakarot his first Saiya-jin armor for his first training day this afternoon." Bardock answered him, sighing.

Raditz groaned.

"C'mon! He doesn't even seem excited that he's getting his first set of armor! After all, he hasn't said anything at all since we left!" Raditz complained.

Bardock stole a quick glance at Kakarot who was holding one balled hand to his mouth and he was looking behind him nervously.

"I mean, even a word would be good!" Raditz told him.

Bardock felt Kakarot's hand tighten around his as he moved in closer to his father.

"D-Daddy...? I saw dink he following us...!" Kakarot whimpered.

"Who-" Raditz started the smirked. "Ohh! You mean the 'Shadow Monster', don't you? I bet he is following us! And you know what, Kakarot?"

"Wha-what?" Kakarot asked reluctantly.

"He'll probably jump out at any moment and eat 'cha!" Raditz told him, standing in front of him his little brother and making his hands to look like claws.

"N-no he won't!" Kakarot shot back, though he clutched Bardock's hand tighter and moved closer, his face paling and his lip trembling under his balled hand.

"Yes he will! And he'll eat you first because you're the smallest and the weak-"

"Raditz, that's enough!" Bardock scolded. "Why don't you go and look at the armors and, if you find one at a suitable price, come and meet us at the food court in one hour."

"Fine by me! Later!" Raditz said before running off.

"Remember! One hour!" Bardock called after him before sighing. He looked to the little boy clutching his hand and whimpering in fear. "Kakarot, you know that your brother is just trying to scare you, right?"

Kakarot just whimpered in response.

"Kakarot, there is no such thing as 'the Shadow Monster'. It's just a story." Bardock reassured him.

Reluctantly, Kakarot nodded.

Still seeing the fear in his child's eyes, he sighed again. "C'mon." Bardock instructed, tugging lightly at the boy's hand before starting to walk.

Kakarot didn't mind. He just wanted to get away from that spot. Maybe the Shadow Monster would lose sight of them in the crowd.

~*~

A/N: Okay! Another chapter done! This chapter was originally 6 pages, but I decided to split it up. Please review! Flames are welcome too!

Angel Abi