Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ It Will Happen: Another Bulma & Vegeta Get Togethe ❯ Known and Unknown ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

It Will Happen: Another Bulma & Vegeta Get Together
Chapter Ten
Known and Unknown
BULMA sighed as she went into her father's Compound. But she did not stop to admire the beautiful greenery or find solace in the friendly animals. Instead she walked up to the Compounds balcony.
The highest balcony in Capsule Corp gave her a breathtaking view of the City. But it also made her feel as if she was looking at her life from the outside in just as she watched the City from above everyone else. It had always been her sanctuary, a place for her to clear her mind or deal with her raging emotions and thoughts.
It was a warm night and she was dressed in her usual sleep wear. A short silk sleep shirt, so Bulma enjoyed the light breeze that coolly brushed against her bare skin.
She gazed up at the pitch black, cloudless sky, filled with stars. It looked like a large piece of rich velvet with diamonds pressed against it.
Bulma was nervous, afraid, sad, agitated and very lonely! She couldn't help the way she felt. She was two months pregnant with her lovers child.
"Vegeta." She whispered her lovers name sadly. For the past six months things had been going incredibly well for the unexpected couple.
She understood his need to train, she knew he was not a human being, she accepted that he was not a romantic and affectionate man and so there weren't any problems of deep concern between them.
He would spend all day in the Gravity Room and ignore her when they were around other people, which she hadn't minded since she had his full attention in her bed.
She smiled as she remembered the nights of passion they shared. Their kisses were always fevered, their touches always desperate and the sex always fulfilling.
But there were also tender moments, that were also filled with fierce passion, but had taken on a more caring approach. It was magical!
No matter what time he finished his training in the Gravity Room, which had seemed to be a little earlier after their first time together, Vegeta would shower and come to her room. He would awaken her with hot kisses or caressing touches and they would spend each night in each others arms. A feeling that was pure bliss to her. She always felt so safe tucked away in his strong embrace.
There would be nights when she would awaken and simply watch him sleep. His face still intimidating, but without his usual frown or scowl, he looked completely innocent. She could not help but trace the features on his handsome face, simply inhale his masculine scent and savor his peaceful self in sleep before she would awake him to sate her need for him.
Yes, it had turned into need! She could no longer keep her emotions out of it. She had slowly found herself being taken in by him. Yes, he was arrogant, egotistical, stubborn and emotionally detached. But he was also determined, passionate and simple!
His needs and wants were simple and it was one of the things she liked in him. Although, with a baby on the way things would get a lot more complicated between them and she couldn't fool herself into thinking that it wouldn't!
She wished they could stay the way they were, she had been so happy recently and she could swear that even he had felt the subtle shift but did not mind. She knew it was a novelty for him to feel cared for and have someone else next to you besides your own shadow, even if her never admitted it.
Her parents were away for their annual vacation and having the house all to themselves had been wonderful. She found him coming out for lunch everyday and she would go all out to prepare foods she had noticed he enjoyed.
He would make no attempt to touch her or talk to her but he would give her is trademark smirk, that she had gotten so used to, and that was enough for her. Besides, the promise of the nights events to come surrounded them just as tightly as the desire that always seemed to rise to incredible heights when they were around each other.
He would eat mounds of food and she would just sit there contently watching him. If it bothered him he never said, if he hated how she would refill his glass or plate without him asking he never showed it and if he despised the familiarity that had become their own he never stopped his luncheons. Until three weeks ago.
He had become suddenly distant, not coming out for lunch and not coming to her room! It was what he did when he wasn't happy with her because he couldn't just talk about it, it was his way of dealing with things. But what she had done to upset him she didn't know!
She had even cut down the amount of time she spent with Yamcha because even though Vegeta didn't say anything she knew he didn't like it one bit. Whenever Yamcha was around he would suddenly appear at her side sometimes with a bunch of broken training bots, which she suspected he destroyed purposely, and demand she fixed it right away. Sometimes he would even lie that there was something wrong with Gravity Room. But there never was anything broken. When she would tell him that she would stop coming in and that when something really was wrong he would have to fix it himself, he would simply smirk and then kiss or tease her as if reminding her that she was his now.
Other times he would just scowl directly at Yamcha and once he had even asked the other man, "Shouldn't you be training?"
Yamcha had looked at him in surprise before saying that he was visiting his friend.
"If you spent more time training than following a woman who's isn't interested in you, maybe you wouldn't die when the androids arrived." He mumbled as usual but his words came across loud and clear. Bulma had even dropped a tool in surprise but he had just given her his meanest scowl, when she had glared at him, and left.
But after a while his temper tantrums and the angry vein throbbing at his temple annoyed her more than flattered her, because his annoyance at her spending time with a friend stopped being sweet and started becoming tiresome.
Yamcha had not missed the strange behavior of Vegeta and although he frowned in suspicion, thankfully he didn't mention it.
But Bulma had began to avoid Yamcha's visits so she could avoid further arguments with Vegeta. So it was a relief when Yamcha had told her he would be training in the desert for a while.
She only got to spend time with Vegeta for hours when he came to bed at night before he left at the early hours of the morning. So she preferred engaging in more important activities than trying to make him smile, argue with him or look at his angry face.
Although she did enjoy making him smile, especially when she succeeded. Normally she had to tell him something about Earth's customs that he found incredibly silly and humorous. But for some reason the sight of a genuine smile from Vegeta pulled at her heart strings. But she had always tried to ensure he was not in a grumpy mood when he was with her during what she felt was a limited time.
Maybe it had been an ominous thought because things had gone from enjoyable to depressing within a blink of an eye.
So what she had done to gain Vegeta's cold shoulder treatment she didn't know. She had let him be, thinking that maybe, for him, their relationship had run its course. After all, six months was a long time. His lust could have faded and he possibly did not find her attractive anymore!
But a week ago she had found out that she was pregnant. She had not thought much about it when she missed her first period, thinking her body was just adjusting to a new cycle. However, when her normally regular period didn't show up for the second month in a row and she had began to loose her appetite, started to feel dizzy, nauseas and become more exhausted at an earlier hour each night she could not deny the possibility any longer.
Three home pregnancy tests and a doctors appointment later she confirmed that she was carrying Vegeta's child.
She did not know exactly how she felt about it! She did not know if she was ready to be a mother but she did know that she wanted this baby and she would not be able to stand it if anything happened to it. She was already in awe and in love with the tiny life growing inside of her.
"Woman?"
Bulma turned around at the familiar title Vegeta used to address her. She had grown so used to it that it began to sound like a sweet endearment to her ears. But tonight it sounded slightly irritated, slightly unsure and very tired!
"Vegeta." She gave him a small smile when she turned around to face him. "I've left you your dinner in the kitchen." She told him what he probably already knew as she did it every night but she didn't know what else to say.
He nodded but sank down on one of the loungers. He looked exhausted, she noticed, as his head lay back with his eyes closed.
She had put telling him she was pregnant off for one week but she knew she couldn't do so any longer. She looked at how tired he seemed and she felt her chest tighten. Not from the nerves she was full of from what she had to do but for the man who looked so defeated before her.
She knew he had not yet reached Super Saiyan and it was killing the only thing he had left. His pride! If only he would see that she was here too, but he would never accept that. She didn't hate him for wanting to beat her best friend or for having a goal. She understood!
He was one of the last three, at the moment, of his race with out a home planet or people who understood his ways. He was a man in unfamiliar territory with nothing but his own self respect. He had no where to go, nothing to do and no one to care for him.
He was on a Planet with two Saiyans who were nothing like him, who had defeated him in battle, cut of his only link to him being a Saiyan, his tail, before beating him at the one thing he thought was his birthright. Ascending to the Legendary Super Saiyan. So of course he found the need to prove himself!
"Come here." He said softly in his raspy voice making her smile. So she obliged and straddled his hips laying her head against his chest. Bulma enjoyed the steady sound of his heart beat. She knew he had a heart, it was just frosted from years of torture, torment and force. He didn't know how to use it!
'Now would be the best time.' Bulma thought to herself. He wasn't grumpy or angry and he wasn't avoiding her either.
"Vegeta." She said as she lifted her head but remained to sit on him.
He made no effort to acknowledge his name from her lips but it was better than him avoiding her presence all together. She had been slightly surprised that he had sought her out tonight, but happy none the less and she was not going to waste this time trying to figure out the mysterious workings of his mind. She was going to tell him, possibly the most life changing, news he would hear.
She placed a soft kiss on his mouth but as usual their want for each other was not slated with the simple touch. So both their lips opened at the very same moment and their tongues fused.
He smirked against her lips and she bit his tongue playfully before breaking the kiss.
"Vegeta, I have something important to tell you." Bulma said nervously. She really wished she wasn't in this situation.
"Tell me." His voice was gruff, but when wasn't it?!
Bulma gathered all of her courage and took in a long breath. She knew he wouldn't appreciate her beating around the bush so, "Vegeta, I'm pregnant."
Still his eyes never opened. He showed now sign that he had heard her. His face was completely expressionless. 'Had he fallen asleep?'
"Vegeta. Did you hear me? Are you even awake." Her voice rose a little.
Then his eyes opened revealing emotionelss blackness. Piercing pitch black depths that seemed to see straight through her soul.
"I know." Those two simple words made Bulma jump off of him in utter shock.
"You ... You know." She stuttered and he let out an exasperated sigh. "How did you know?" Bulma asked, her temper rising. He knew and yet he didn't say anything about it. He knew and yet he was just sitting there as if he didn't really care.
"I sensed its energy a while ago."
The words felt like a slap to her face. He had know before her and he hadn't told her! "Three weeks ago." She said bitterly and he sat up on the lounger.
"Yes." His eyes narrowed. "It wasn't my place to tell you. Besides you would have found out sooner or later, as you have done so now."
"Such a simple explanation Vegeta." Bulma said sarcastically. "But this situation is anything but!"
"Why?" He raised a black brow at her.
"Because if you haven't already sensed it, this baby is yours." She enjoyed the first sign of emotion she saw on his face, even if it was a flinch, it was better than a blank stare.
"I know." He said simply again making her anger rise further.
"Well then Mr Know It All, there's something I don't know! What does this mean?" 'For us as well as our baby.' She added silently.
She was infuriated to see him shrug. "This was just sex, you said it yourself."
Yes, she had said it because she had thought that that was what it was at the time. But surely he had to realize that things changed now that she was carrying his child?
"That still doesn't help me figure out what this means for our baby." She told him.
"Look woman." He stood up to stand in front of her. "You're a grown woman with average intelligence. You can't be that slow. You got yourself into this mess so now you get yourself out of it."
"Mess! Get myself out of it. I don't believe you Vegeta." Then a thought that made her shudder with despair entered her mind. "You aren't suggesting I, I ... I kill ..." She couldn't finish the sentence.
He sighed. "Its your baby, your body, your choice." He shrugged again.
"Its your baby too." Bulma said almost desperately, wanting him to accept their child as his own, wanting him to show even a flicker of emotion. She couldn't believe that he wouldn't care if she killed his own flesh and blood, she wouldn't believe it!
He sighed exasperatedly. "I can't give you what you want Bulma!" He said with conviction as he rubbed his shut eyes with his thumb and index finger.
"What is it that you think I want from you Vegeta?" Bulma raised an eyebrow at him.
"You want me to be something I'm not! At this point my only goal is becoming a Super Saiyan, I don't have time for anything else. You are a convenient pass time. I don't care about your brat I'm only here to fight those damn Androids so then I can fight Kakarot."
Bulma tried her damnedest to hold back the tears that threatened to leave her eyes! She would not cry, she would not let him see how his words had hurt her. She knew her tears would have no effect on him and that she would appear weak in his eyes. He hated tears! So she did the only thing she knew how to do to hide her hurt. She used her anger.
"Yes. Of course, I completely forgot. How silly of me to expect a self centered jerk like you would care that a part of you is growing inside of me." She let out a cold laugh. "Well you may have helped in giving this baby life but I don't care if you don't want to be apart of his or her life. From now on you just stay away from my baby and I." But when her throat started to burn and her vision became blurry she knew she had to get out of there.
But a tight hold on her wrist stopped her. Bulma blinked furiously, trying to stop the tears but it was no use they had escaped.
Vegeta grunted. "This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is why I've been avoiding you. You are taking this way too seriously. I've told you what my plans are. I haven't lied to you about anything and I'm not going to feign interest in something that I couldn't care less about at this point. When I have beaten Kakarot then we can re asses the situation."
Bulma let out a hysterical laugh. He really didn't care about their child and he possibly didn't even care about her. All this had been about sex and he was so obsessed with Goku that everything else was just a side show to him.
Why had she been so reckless, why had she let herself care for him? She should have known it would lead to pain! "You're not worth the wait Vegeta." She used her hand that was not in his hold to roughly wipe away her tears. She gave him her most brilliant smile.
"I'm quite capable of taking care of my child as you so nicely put it, so don't bother. Do whatever it is you're here to do and when you're done you're free to go. You're right you know. You don't owe me anything. And I'm still a young and attractive woman, I know I can will be able to move ..."
Bulma did not get to finish her long speech of assurance for Vegeta's lips crushed into hers. Her words were replaced with her moans and she did not think twice to open her mouth to his hot tongue.
This is how it had always been. Even when they argued, even when they were livid with each other, even when they didn't want to be in the same room as each other they always ended up having sex! It seemed like the only logical solution to end all their arguments for Vegeta. But Bulma knew that no matter how much she wanted to refuse she could never do so once his lips touched her own.
He dropped her onto the lounger and roughly pushed up her night shirt. There was no need for physical foreplay, their words and close proximity had been enough of a fuel to the fire of their desire that never failed to spark when they were in each others presence.
Within moments his shorts were off and he was inside of her. They held onto each other tightly as they used each other to douse the raging furnace of desire inside of them.
And as they both lay in each others arms, breathless and sated they found that moment of calm that always enveloped them in the after math. It was as if they had just become one and anything said or done before their love making or that would come after it was nothing compared to what they felt at that very moment.
But a horrified voice broke the couples moment of calm.
"Bulma?!"
And the voice would, indirectly, break a lot more between the couple before the night was over ...