Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kome ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N;

Cool, someone likes this!!! *jumps up and down* Go me! And yeah, Kome means UNcooked rice.

*Plot bunny pops up with sign*

| Hint, hint!|(") (")

| | ( ^.~)

I thought I sent you to Gram's house to be made into stew!

(")(") | Acck!! | *runs*

(O.o) | |

Disclaimer: Your standard disclaimers apply, I do however own Taki and all other original characters I come up with.

Rating: I forgot to mention, this is a mild PG-13 fic. Might go up if I ever get the courage to write something along those lines.

Pairing: Gohan+Trunks

Warnings: Shonen-ai, ghosts, language, overall oddity.

Chapter 1

_____________________________________________

Kome's Journal's POV-Saturday's entry-unknown time

_____________________________________________

Hey!

I met Taki today, she seems pretty nice. I sorta met Trunks today too, well, at least I think I did, I'm not exactly sure. King Yemma told me they could help me out a bit, and when this is all over I should help Trunks get on to Other World. He somehow got stuck here, poor guy. Hope I can help him out. Can you imagine being stuck without anybody you lived with? Well, guess not, seeing as how you're neither dead nor living.

I also wanna help Taki. Yemma said she can come live in Other World if she wants. The only family she has is there. Poor girl. I'm just gonna leave without helping either if we can't do something to help her. Otherwise we'd take away the only family she does have.

Well, gotta go, seeya!

Kome

_________________________________________________

Taki's POV-Snoqualmie-Davidson residence-Sunday-2:53am

_________________________________________________

Taki was quite near tears. Her head was buried beneath several pillows, which weren't really helping. She wanted, *needed* sleep, and would be off in La-la-land if it weren't for a certain relative of hers………

`Things are so peaceful! What could be wrong? Don't get me wrong, I am *not* complaining, but still!'

"That's it," She pulled her head out of the pillows, hissing. "tomorrow I'm calling a damn medium and sending you as far away as fucking possible!"

`But I really need to think.'

"Then either do it quietly or tell me just what the hell you're thinking about! You've already got me pissed off! Damn, why the fuck did you zoom outta the library like that? Kome's a nice guy. Way better company than you!" Taki let her head fall back into the pillows, while she growled like some sort of angry dog.

If Trunks were visible, he'd have a slightly surprised look on his face, he was not however so he voiced his surprise for Taki. `Man, you really do need to cut back on the profanity.' He paused and let out a sigh. `Well, guess I should tell you how I died, huh?'

Taki sat up slowly, and stared to where her uncle's voice had last come from. A few bits of hair that had escaped from her nightly braid, and were hanging in front of her red eyes. He paused a second to ponder whose genes were the cause of her albinism, before continuing, allowing himself to sit on the bed next to her.

`You know, a loved one can be absolutely everything to a person, the reason they live and breath even. The sole thing that holds their world together. Their world itself, to the point were life wouldn't be worth anything without them.

`Dad wouldn't admit it on his life, but Mom was what kept him together. She died before him, some disease doctors couldn't handle. When he found out, he blew-up, literally. Lost all coherent thought, and control over himself. He became something like a volcano, pressure building up until he exploded.

`Killed himself in that explosion, and would have killed everyone within the region, but….'

"but," Taki's voice was sad and cautious. " but someone stopped it, right?"

`….right'

"Someone you cared about a lot, huh? They……they lost their life in the process, didn't they?"

`………..yeah'

Silence, sorrow, and tension filled the room, the mixture nearly tangible. Taki stared down at her hands, trying to decide on something. Last time she had tried to touch Trunks, it had left her feeling cold and somewhat sick, but where a hug is needed, a hug is needed. So, she reached out and hugged her invisible friend, biting her lip as a sick feeling washed over her. She held him as long as she could, before feeling too close to passing out to continue. She lay back down on her bed, watching the indent in the covers showing where Trunks sat.

`Thanx Taki'

"Why-?"

Trunks let out a sour laugh, and sighed again. `The part of me that dealt with self preservation died then and there. I didn't eat or sleep. Went out flying about a week after and passed out mid-air. Fell about 500 hundred feet. That what you wanted to know?'

Taki was totally silent, apparently shocked.

`Well?'

"No"

`Huh?'

"Why didn't you go on, so you could be with them?"

`You have no idea how many times I've tried and failed. I just can't.'

"oh……what, does this have to do with earlier though?"

`I think that Kome and he might be the same person.'

"He?"

`Yeah, Dende won't tell me anything though.'

"Oh…um, Trunks?"

`Hmm?'

"I didn't want to interrupt your story but, what did you mean by explode and flying, and who is Dende, and that guy, you`re gay?"

`Umm, well, let's go get you some cocoa, this could take a while.'

TBC………….