Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Kotahitanga / The Return ❯ Kotahitanga - The Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Kotahitanga (union) - The Return - (for those who want an English title)

Author: J'dee

Rating: NC-13 (offensive language)

Genre: Drama?? / Humour??

Author's Note: Guess who's back… yus we're back again ANBM's back… tell a fiend… okay that was lame… anywho dis is the prologue… enjoy…

***KOTAHITANGA***

Prologue

Trey sat by the window of the airport hotel. They'd arrived not only three hours ago. He sat there watching over his older sister. Over half a year she'd been gone and when she returned she was older, matured, and more powerful a witch than when she left, but her mind was weak. She was submissive easily. She must have lost something so close to her heart to cause her to become like this. She was lying on the double bed half a sheet covering her curled up in to a slight ball her body raking with sweat and she was trembling form either heat or cold, he couldn't tell. It was like she had a virus of some sort. Or was she fighting an inner demon? That had happened before. She'd fought a group of Oni demons before. But that was when they attacked her on the astral with their shape shifting magick. This was reality. Why was she so sick? She'd been fine in the airport leaving New Zealand, she'd been fine on the plane but the minute she lay down she collapsed in to a fit of tremors that he thought she was suffering on attack. But there was no signs of the usual anxiety, but alot of depression, alot of sadness where she'd just cry and cry and cry. Trey was helpless, she wouldn't speak to him, she wouldn't eat, she hardly responded.

He thought back to Twenty hours before; when he'd come home from his work. He'd found her home alive she was getting a lamb out of the freezer and she had seem happy to see him and asked if he wanted a roast with a special touch she learnt from a "friend" while she'd been gone he'd agreed just to have her back, but have her back and cooking that was a surprise.

That's how it had started and they looked to the door in unison as their father walked in. It was his normal time of arrival and he looked at her like she was disease and grabbed her violently. He had yelled at her thrown her through the French doors and she'd cried out at the impact on the ground. Her body twitched as she tried to push herself up. Their father had grabbed her roughly and ploughed her up against the ranch slider door, she'd cried out suddenly and began screaming at him, but she wasn't hitting him, she wasn't hitting him-for once, just screaming at him to stop. What had happened to her that caused her so much fear in physical harm and Trey heard the zipper sound and his eyes widened five months without their mother to rape... there was no way this was going to continue. Jera just got home, he had to stop it.

Trey grabbed the frozen leg of lamb and cried out and hit their father square across the neck and he'd dropped dead on the spot, how they knew was the sickening sound of his neck that snapped with impact of the lamb. Then came the thud of the lamb as Trey dropped the frozen leg of it to the ground.

He rushed up to Jera's side and curled in to her hugging her. She began crying making wishes saying a spell protecting the two of them form further harm.

"Airport..." She breathed. "Pack your bags, we're leaving."

"But people will notice." Trey had protested.

Her eyes seemed to flash a deep black and she stood up and grabbed the lamb and walked off with it. He stood up watching her peel the wrapping from it and she dropped the lamb in a pot. "Pack your bags." She said her voice cooler calmer as she walked to the furnace and dropped the wrapping in burning it. "Fuck this world." She growled. "We're leaving... I just gotta have time to figure out how to go back."

"What?" Trey had looked at her like she was mad, but she had a determined gleam in her eye. "Where are we going?" He asked.

"U.S boy, we're going to the U.S. I've gotta couple of calls to make, a roast to drop off at the neighbours and a body to bury, we stay, we're fucked. We leave they can't do shit." For a second Trey was sure he saw a flash of a 'M' on her forehead before it faded away, he just assumed he'd been watching waaaaay to much DBZ.

Before they know it the roast was cooked given to their neighbours Ted and Irene who had always watched out for them when they were little. The two said they were running from their father and wouldn't say where but just to a safe house like they had when Jera had been ten and Trey seven. So they took the offering gave some to the two for their trip and left to the airport using money Jera had received from unknown sources Trey dreaded to think. They got on a plan and flew to the U.S the entire flight Jera had been fine she'd sat there reading a few of her witchy books and had started up her own book of shadows, after returning the one that had been in Cara's family.

Jera had said something like. "I think I'm experienced enough now to write my own spells." With that she had proceed to write and write and write spell after spell, ritual after ritual, a majority of them protection spells for people, groups of people and even those who didn't deserve it.

Now here they were in this hotel room at the airport until heading to Christina's the next morning. By car obviously. Jera had her full kiwi licence that was internally recognised. Trey had his restricted. But either or they were sorted. Just for a small while. Trey watched the sun come up and he looked at Jera who woke with a start crying a name out in complete trust he eyed her wearily and worriedly.

'Gohan?' He thought to himself. 'And I thought I watched to much dragonball.'

***

Christina was an old friend of Jera's back in New Zealand before her (Christina's) father remarried an American woman, whom got homesick and dragged the family over with them.

Chrissie had warm brown eyes and shoulder length brunette hair pulled back in to the ponytail. The two girls sat on the steps of the ghetto like apartment smoking a cigarette talking to each other.

"How's Caroline doing?" J'dee asked and looked at Christina who gave a half hearted smiled. But J'dee could tell her friend was suffering. The last time they talked. Chrissie had her kiwi accent and had kept it for two years while in America. The three weeks J'dee had spent there she lost it and it took seven years to regain in which she got an Australian kiwi one to replace it.

"She's pregnant ran off with some gangsta, they say start in ghetto stuck in the ghetto." Chrissie sighed and J'dee hugged her friend.

Chrissie looked at her. "If you could find a spell to move on do it and do it quick don't be stuck here like Caroline and me. Take boy and use your magick and get out of here, before it gets you."

J'dee looked at her friend sympathetic. But Chrissie got up and left. J'dee stayed sitting on the steps she didn't care other people might want up or down them to their rooms where she came from a please would suffice to getting her moving. She was in a stubborn mood. She was lost. She had Trey and Trey alone. Reality was beginning to sink back in to her mind. For the first few days after returning the withdrawal of not being near Gohan had driven her crazy, her body wasn't reacting the way it should of it was like some kind of fever. She wondered if Tobias, or any of the others sent back were suffering the same thing.

***

Making the final adjustments by adding her favorite dark red brown lipstick and fussing with her duo colored hair, J'dee left the apartment of Christina's with Trey following her.

"Will you be back? Please come back..." He looked at her and she stopped.

She looked over her shoulder. She had no money to send him to school, she had no money to continue on with college and most of all she had no money to keep her medication to keep her sane.

"Of course I'll come back." She smiled at him, and he looked at her sadly. "You're all I have now boy... and I'm all you have." She kept on the brave smile. She clutched the piece of paper in her hand, it was a copy of an e-mail she'd received via one of the authors for a meeting, she was going to an Internet cafe just to reply. Plans were to be made of a return and this time they weren't going individually they were meeting up and going together. She would take Trey with them. She left him alone or five months she would not leave him alone again.

"Leona!!!" She looked over and waved bye to the next-door neighbour as he grinned at her. "Do you want me to pick up your shopping?"

"Sure thing! I'll see you when I get back watch over Neil."

"Right."

J'dee wandered off down the street to the Internet cafe.

Pulling the tan leather jacket tight around her she wandered in to the cafe and paid the money and sat down to reply to the e-mail she looked at it sympathetically. She then began her e-mail reply to Seisetsu. He was in role for a Scholarship to the college all he had to do was stay put in his home state. They had questioned his five-month absence and he'd replied that he'd read an urgent e-mil and took off without telling anyone. He apologise. And in his e-mail he was also apologising for being well more than nasty. But J'dee was still close with him. How could she not be. She typed in the reply and looked at her palm at the scar. It was a visible scar if it was on both hands people woulda thought it stigmata like but it was just one hand and they thought she self inflicted it. No one would believe her so why try defend herself.

Leaving the Internet cafe after the reply, she felt herself truly feel alone. She had Trey or Neil but that was for cover. To hide. She didn't want him to go to jail for saving her life and she'd already made her father's family mad enough. She tightened the turtleneck collar. She hadn't really liked wearing them but when people questioned her scars she just covered them up, she wore black fingerless gloves a powder blue turtle neck sweater long black trousers platform boots her hair up, she looked alot more older and mature than the sixteen / seventeen year old skatey that had entered the DBZ world five months earlier.

J'dee arrived back at the apartment and opened the door she was greeted by a mewl and looked at Tiger and she smiled. She'd got Krista and Cara to ship her now cat over, she shut the door and sat down on the couch Tiger leapt on to her lap padded about for a bit before curling up in to a ball and going to sleep. Despite being a cat Tiger wasn't going to grow any bigger. J'dee stroked the little cat and she rested back in to the couch and sighed to herself. She was caught in despair. Looking over she saw Trey emerge from the room they shared. He shut the door and walked up to her. J'dee watched him as he sat down opposite her.

"We can't keep staying here. You can't keep going out like that and you've got to eat." Trey said seriously.

"I eat." J'dee said confidently.

"Oh yeah real healthy two minute noodles." He drooled. "I mean meat. You gotta eat meat. Ya know the raw red stuff that gives you a majority of your red blood cells."

"I don't eat meat. You know that."

Trey flipped at letter at her and J'dee opened it. She looked at the test. She blinked and looked at Trey. "You read my mail."

"Well yeah it's been sitting there for a week and you haven't opened it. You knew and you didn't want to confirm it. Women die from lack of iron and this thyroid thing, if it's anything like mum, you'll need an operation-"

"Don't start please. I don't want to be lectured by my younger brother."

"Hey someone has to be the adult and as much as I hate to admit it, you're not doing a good job here."

"Don't do this. Not now... Please not now."

"I don't want to. But you don't know how to act in a situation like this. Because of what we've been through, we can look after each other because sometimes it's best. You look after me, I look after you sis. Because sure as fuck we do a better job looking after one another than ourselves." Trey remarked.

"So much for me having the Gohan complex..." J'dee sighed.

Trey smiled. "Yeah I'm Gohan you're Goten... idiot." he teased.

"Yeah I'm sure Gohan'll be caught under the bonnet of a car playing macho man with all the thingies and whatzits..."

"Oh dude don't make me smack you. You know I love fixing cars, so it's a difference, a small one-" He began.

"You coulda been an accountant instead you want to be a grease monkey. What's the attraction?" J'dee frowned.

"I love cars.

"And you love women too."

"Well yeah- hey I ain't gunna be doin' nun of that shit. And neither will you. I catch you pulling any of it I'll git medieval on yo ass."

J'dee chuckled. "Always the hood rat." She picked Tiger up.

"Well ya hell who got the Maori gene here."

J'dee chuckled. "Night boy."

"Yo I have a name."

"Sure you do boy." She added and walked in to the room.

"Psshhh..." He waved a hand at her annoyed.

***

"So get married?" J'dee breathed.

Chrissie nodded. "Get a green card and stay here new last name and everything.

"But married..." J'dee repeated. "I-I can't do that." She stammered.

"Look you need money and for that you need work, to work here especially foreigner's ya need a green card either that or wait a few years and get citizenship."

J'dee looked down. 'Gohan forgive me...' She thought sadly.

Trey looked at her. "Soo?"

"I'll do it." She sighed.

"Great I know the perfect guy, he's just looking for a wife for well..."

"I'm not gunna be a whore thank you." J'dee growled.

Chrissie sighed. "Look it'll be emotionless you wanna stay go with it."

"But I'm not like that anymore-" J'dee protested.

"Which is good because he's after a nice women, someone-"

"Who will smile on cue, know when to be quiet and be a trophy wife. I don't think so.... I'm not blonde. Blondes make the perfect trophy wives-"

"C'mon..." Chrissie pulled at J'dee's arm leading the way.

***

The room was filled with smoke and men in suits, J'dee frowned and she felt her entire body tremble, the little black dress clung to her tightly and she had to wear open toe high heel shoes instead of the platform boots she was used to. She frowned feeling overly sophisticated was not her specialty. She'd been to formal functions but she had only been a little girl then, this was different. Men were peering and she could see obviously they were peering at her. Chrissie with her arm linked through hers.

"My hair looks like a frickin Cadbury caramilk bar."

"You didn't want to lose all your red hair now did you?" Chrissie asked her.

"No."

"Then smile and act normal, remember you've pulled in accountants before."

"He's an accountant?" J'dee whined.

"Yes."

"Megami they're everywhere." She breathed. "How old?"

"Old enough."

"How old?" J'dee repeated.

"Fourty-two I believe."

"Fourty-two?" J'dee repeated in a shushed whisper. "Turn me round we're leaving now." She added softly.

"Shush up. Cause here he comes." Chrissie scolded her.

J'dee swallowed and a tall thin man approached and J'dee blinked. 'What the hell? Where's the wind? Hopefully it'll blow him away like a leaf.'

"Leona..." The man smiled and J'dee smiled back politely.

"Chrissie she is lovely."

J'dee felt herself involuntary shudder.

"Cold my dear?" he asked.

'Get him away!!' Her mind screamed.

It wasn't that he was old, or that wasn't unattractive, in fact he was very good looking, but she felt she felt betrayal to Gohan. She wondered how he was doing. She tightened her grip on her purse nervously.

"No I'm okay." She replied. 'Run away run away grab Trey and run away.' She closed her eyes as she felt his hand touch her face. Her entire body fell stiff. 'I can't do this...' Her eyes flew open and she looked at him. 'Alone...' Her skin prickled and she felt her stomach go weak. 'Leave now... go on you know you can. Don't buy in to this false marriage thing....'

***

They'd been driving for a week, not long after they left she sent e-mails out to all the authors on her list who had been telling them to all met her in a certain location if they wanted to go back to the DBZ/GT world. The only one who didn't get her e-mail. Tobias. They were on their way to see him personally. She didn't know where she was going but Trey seemed to. He was good like that. He's researched up enough to locate Tobias through his sister Jan who had gone round trying to bite people thinking she was a vampire. Trey wouldn't say on anything else he found on the girl but it seemed to disturb him and he wasn't the type to disturb easily.

Shivering she pulled a blanket over her body lying in the backseat of the car as Trey drove. She didn't really like having him driving. Not that he wasn't a good driver; he was good when he behaved. But she was the white sheep of the family; which meant every one else had dark complexions and dark hair. Trey was just like the normal boy racer teens.

Her instincts were right as she heard sirens. She lay still as Trey pulled over the window winding down, she pretend to still be sleep and she peeked through slightly closed eyelids to see two police officers. Usually she trusted them with everything after all serve and protect. These two screamed something wrong like that episode of in the second season of Angel where Wesley got shot by the dead cop. She held her breath suddenly as Trey was yanked out through the window and thrown on to the sidewalk then in to a tree with a sickening crack.

The back door was then ripped off and J'dee's eyes flew open and she glanced at the face staring at her. It was the tall thin man. She had gunshot married him. Then ran away before the end of the wedding night.

She watched as her 'husband's' form changed to that of one more grotesque. She had seen a picture of this type of creature before- only once. This one in person was much more uglier. A large horned beast, they came in colors of pink, gray, blue or red, this one was gray and his buddy blue, three eyes, three toes, three fingers, bird like legs. Their powers consisted of being invisible and transformation in to man or animal.

"Oh this is just great I married a demon!!!" J'dee exclaimed.

He grabbed her by the foot and pulled her out of the car and she hit the concrete hard and groaned. The pain of being human was something she had to get used to again. She kicked her demon husband away from her and she jumped to her feet. "That is it I'm filing for a divorce!" She screamed at him.

He just grinned back at her leering and she felt uncomfortable, she could smell the odour of alcohol, and the way his three demon eyes were leering.

"Wait a minute you're an Oni demon!!" She pointed at him.

"Clever girl. So you know your demons."

"I know the demons that shape shift, rape women, are drunken, cruel, lecherous Japanese bastards yah." She retorted.

He growled and lunged at her and she let out a scream and ran like the cliché horror victim would. She was one witch against two demons, she lost her magick upon return to the real world. All she could do was- nothing she had no motivation or energy.

She felt Trey grab on to her and she cried out jumping and he gave her a comforting smile. She blinked and looked at him. She had to protect him. She had to try for him.

"Lets go." He pulled her in to the forest and they heard the car explode in the distance. "Hurry up." He urged her onwards as they ran through the shrubbery of trees.

Stopping to look behind the saw the two demons shape shift in to something much more fierce and J'dee whined. "Bears.... why'd it have to be bears..."

"MOVE!!!!" Trey pushed her onwards she ran- then stopped seeing him standing his ground.

"TREY!!"

"Get going!!!" He shouted back at her.

"Kami.... Megami I've never asked for much before but please return my powers so I can save my brother it's a selfless act. Save the innocent right? Well I know he's been a shit and stuff, but he's innocent. I gotta save him." J'dee prayed. Something she hadn't done in a long time. She felt the strange power return to her and she raised her hands in front of her. "TRI LASER FIRE!!!!" The tri laser blasts shot out from her hands knocking the two 'bears' back from Trey.

He turned round and looked at her. "Jera."

"Bye Trey. Safe journey."

"Jera!"

"From the powers of within, from the powers without, save this innocent send him now, to the safety of that whom I trust in another realm. Powers that be, powers that see powers of three times three, from so shall I will it to so mote it be...." A golden light enveloped Trey and she watched him vanish from sight and the two 'bears' stood up and looked at her. She shaped shifted back in to normal human forms.

"I married a witch!" her demon husband exclaimed. "That's it your not only getting a divorce you're getting a funeral."

"Good I was hopping you'd curl up and die." She dropped back in to a wide horse stance and looked at them both and with the Morpheus gesture from the matrix signalled them to 'bring it on'.

***

Trey landed with a thud outside a house and he groaned and pushed himself up off the ground and shook his head. "Jera!" he looked round suddenly. "JERAAAA!!!"

The door burst open and he stopped looking at the tall figure staring at him.

"Gohan?" He blinked recognising the grown version of one of his favorite DBZ characters. Some one she trusted... Trey suddenly clicked on. She'd been here!

"Who are you?!" Gohan demanded suddenly. "And why are you screaming Jera's name outside my house?"

"Whooooa. Shit you know my sister?"

"Wait your boy?"

Trey blinked and then he frowned and waved his arms about angrily. "Is that what she called me?!?! WELL I HAVE A NAME YOU KNOW!!!! It's TREY, TREY, TREY, TREY, TREY, TREEEEEEEEEEEY T-R-E-Y."

"Hey hey sorry easy. She never told me your name."

"Wait she was here?"

"Yes. Four years ago..."

"But that's odd she's only been back for four months..."

Gohan looked at him. "Your kidding right?"

"No way man. Cross my heart and hope to die... no wait I don't want to die. Truth to G-O-D man... Fourth months. And she sent me here obviously cause she trusts you."

"She's in trouble?"

"Well cha she married a demon isn't that trouble enough."

"She's married?"

"Well Chrissie set her up. She's her friend. And like she didn't want to do it. Trust me she did a runaway bride thing on the wedding night and bolted they nearly caught her climbing over the fence at the back of the reception." Trey sweatdropped. "Not my finest hour to be known as her brother."

Gohan chuckled that seemed so like Jera.

"Gohan who's at the door?" A female voice asked.

"It's Jera's brother... she sent him here."

***

J'dee cried out as the long fingers scraped her arm and she was pinned to the ground. Not her finest moment. She held her head high trying her best to keep brave as they tore at her clothes. Battle.... she'd battled. But she'd lost how had she lost? Sending Trey onwards. The spell had drained her, there was only one way to gain energy back and she had fallen submissive to the sexually driven demons. She closed her eyes tight and prayed to the megami and kami to help her. To give her guidance.

She heard another tear this time of her top.

She slowly began to draw energy in much like Goku used to when he used the spirit bomb, but instead of forming a ki of energy she used it to focus on a destination. She prayed this would work and with the last of her strength she kicked the blue demon and gave her 'husband' a right hook they staggered back and she placed two fingers to her forehead. Using what she remembered from the other world instant transmissioned to the ki where she was headed in the first place.

She arrived across the road startling a cyclist and he looked at her as he road past her and she waved at him and meekly smiled. 'Alone again...' She thought sadly and made her way up the drive hoping it was the "right" one. Tobias' home.

***

(AN: below is a kinda set up of how the e-mail I sent in the fic went out)

From: Jdee_Chan

To: All ANBM Authors

Subject: Kotahitanga

Date: XX:XX:XXX

Kia Ora, Hola, Moshi moshi, Paklon, Talfoa lava....

After the little incident in..... we well you know what... I decided I'm going to go back so this is an attention notice to meet me if you wish to return. Details will come to those who have confirmed that they will return. If not I bid you g'luck with your lives in this realm and I'll see you all on the astral.

Blessed Be

Ja ne

~J'dee

***

To Be Continued…

(The epilogue is still on it's way I am waiting for a piece from Merina and I think S'rac, no one else has got back to me, those who have they're not doing one… So I know Merina and S'rac are busy peoples… so I'll jut get on with this…)

THE RULES

The rules are to be considered to help make this more enjoyable for all.

1/ No challenging characters without my prior consent. Out of the fic.

2/ You have no abilities here except to fly and ki control / blasts, you have to train to gain strength all over again, including each level of super saiyan, what speed you do it at, is your own choice.

3/ The authors who stayed have stay also still have their author powers, because they have not left, so those with author powers can cause a bit of fun with crazy wishes and so forth.

4/ Those new to the fic also have author powers because this is your first time in this world and it would only be fair to let you have them. This includes MQ to because she joined up so late in the last. So you keep your author powers girl, you're the only one returning who does.

5/ Those who hooked up with previous characters they are still yours to play with… unless an arrangement has been made.

6/ Characters like Kitty, Jo, Seisetsu, and Maria Cline have informed me they are not retuning so we are basically almost bad guy free. So it's up to us to find some new evil.

7/ Not really a rule but a statement when we arrive we are in the middle of DBGT Pan and Bra are 14/15 and this is before Bebi, the GT, so we can change it and prevent it. And we can stop Goku from merging with the dragon too… it's a whole new timeline, so I say it's time to play!!

Send your pieces in!!

Now for your pieces you could have you receiving the e-mail and make up some reply on my behalf where I will give you direction to a hotel off some interstate where we are to meet in five months time, giving you enough time to get some cash, runaway (if you're underage) or do whatever to get there… If you're in not in American then use you muse to help you switch countries. Yes BG I'm allowing Quorky to of completely stayed with you once we left.

Okay have fun!! And let the sequel begin!!!

~J'dee