Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lollirot ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The rest of that afternoon, Vegeta didn't talk. He stayed in his room to listen to the low rumblings of thunder that passed over head. When he got bored with that, he'd go down to the library to read some books, maybe he could find some answers, he thought.
 
Sitting by a window in the library, he watched the rain pour down from the dark grey skies. He lost interest in the book that sat in his lap that was about Extra Terrestrial Life forms, and he absently thought about how stupid this race was to think that they were the only race in this universe.
 
Vegeta's attention was interrupted by a pretty young nurse that tapped on his shoulder. He didn't say anything, but she got the silent question.
 
“You have visitors.” She said sweetly with a smile.
 
Visitors? Vegeta had… visitors? Was it Raditz?! Suddenly, he had to know who it was. Leaving the books there, he ran down one of the hall ways, and down a corridor where he skidded to a halt in the visiting center.
 
He searched frantically with his eyes wide for the long-haired Saiyan, his heart skipping a beat.
 
“Vegeta!”
 
His head spun to the call of his name to see Dr. Moran waving at him. Frowning, he walked over to him, still searching for Raditz.
 
“Well then, Vegeta, I'll leave you to your visitors.” The old man smiled, as he left Vegeta and the two visitors.
 
“Vegeta?” A woman's voice called out softly.
 
The brunette's eyes fell upon a blue-haired woman, with bright blue eyes, and he immediately remembered that she was from that picture from this morning. Suddenly crest-fallen, the Saiyan walked over to a couch and plopped himself down. The woman followed him slowly, and he noticed a tall male that followed as well. Damnit! He folded his arms over his chest and scowled at the duo who sat next to him on either side.
 
The prince glared at the male, noting that this one was from the picture, too. Focusing on him, he analyzed this man for what he was worth. He reached out a grabbed him by the neck of the shirt and pulled him close to sniff him. Gorwling, he shoved him back. There was no doubt that this one was Saiyan. He looked like Raditz, even smelled like him, somewhat.
 
“Vegeta.” The confused man looked into his eyes, searching for answers to his own questions. “Vegeta, do you remember me?”
 
The prince glanced at him again, “No.” he spat. “Should I?”
 
“Yes. I'm Kakarot.” He nodded. He decided to use that name instead of his given name, because he knew that it wouldn't ring a bell to his prince.
 
“Well, if you really are Kakarot, then you must be Raditzsu's brother, now where is he!?” Vegeta glared.
 
“Raditz?” Kakarot looked dumbfounded at the name. Raditz was dead, why would Vegeta want to know where he was? “Vegeta, Raditz is… dead.”
 
Vegeta looked at him wide-eyed, and in disbelief. A tremor of fear shivered up his spine, but he abruptly shook it off, regaining his posture. “No….” he disagreed, shaking his head. “No, no, Raditz….” He broke off, chuckling a little bit at the absurdity. “Raditz is not dead.”
 
The other man sighed. Somehow, Vegeta still thought that Raditz was alive… but why? What had really happened when he first came here? He wasn't all that smart, and never knew these kinds of things, but he knew that it had to be something with Vegeta's memory.
 
“I'm sorry, Vegeta.”
 
“For what? For making a mistake?” The brunette snorted.
 
“Vegeta….” Goku tried again. “Raditz has been dead… for over 20 years now.”
 
Vegeta was shaking and trying not to let the tears in his eyes blur his vision. He knew, deep down in his heart, way down there, that it really was true. He didn't want to believe it, nor accept it.
 
“He's not….” He tried to say between his sobs. “He's not dead…”
 
“I'm sorry.”
 
Vegeta snarled and lunged after Kakarot, tackling him to the ground. He punched him in the face over and over again, breaking his nose.

”You're a LIAR! I'd know if he was dead or not! I'm his MATE!” He screamed as he beat his fists into the beautiful face that reminded him of Raditz. The other man didn't try to stop him at first, more likely because Vegeta had moved so quickly. Nurses flew to the rescue, but Vegeta flared his ki, sending them all crashing into and some even through the walls.
 
Kakarot grabbed his wrists and pulled him into an embrace, ignoring his bloody and broken nose. Suddenly spent, Vegeta slouched over and leaned into the strong chest and sobbed in the strong arms that held him.
 
“Raditz… he's not… dead… no…” He cried on the shoulder that was offered to him.
 
“I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Vegeta.” He heard Kakarot say as he held him close.
 
He felt so empty now, and after a few minutes he stopped crying. He stayed there in denial, wishing just for a moment that they didn't reveal to him what he dreaded. That thought led to something that opened up inside of him, and he felt energy surging through him and he started to struggle against the arms that held him. He had to get away; he had to get out of here! Calling upon his power, he shoved himself up and away from Kakarot.
 
“You're a LIAR!” he protested again, dashing down the grey hallway, needing freedom. His vision began to turn grey, and his hearing was starting to tune everything out but his own heart beat that thumped in his head, loud and clear.
 
Flashes of memories came crashing into him, and he found himself stumbling into a world that he thought he knew, but didn't, but should? Everything made absolutely no sense. His head spun, and emotions spiraled out of control, overwhelming him.
 
Raditz is dead? Earth? This is Earth… how long has he been here? What happened?!
 
Suddenly, he froze and collapsed onto the cold tile floor. He felt like he was bleeding inside, and that his limbs were broken. His eyes were empty and he faintly heard the sounds of screaming and footsteps, but that was all before he passed out.