Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Wolf ❯ Chapter 9 - Goku Returns ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own DBZ or any of its characters

Lone Wolf

Chapter 9 - Goku Returns

Yamcha spent the week after his battle against Cell, going from town to town, being treated like the greatest man who had ever been born. This didn't surprise Yamcha but still it was kind of odd to see people worshiping the ground that you walked on. He was getting tired of the spot lights and was glad when a week later, it was finally over with the parades and celebrations. He even had a city named after him now.

Things in Yamcha's life were good but not perfect. He hadn't shared his feelings with Mai yet because of two facts. One, he hadn't seen her yet and two, he was afraid that she would just leave him for someone else just like Bulma did. So on his day off, Yamcha flew to the Kame House to see how Krillin was doing since the Cell Games had ended. He arrived to see Roshi lying asleep in his normal spot on the beach.

Yamcha went over to Roshi, woke him up and said, "Hey, is Krillin here today?"

Roshi smiled at Yamcha and said, "Nope, so how is the big hero doing these days?"

Yamcha pulled up a nearby chair, looked at Roshi and said, "Well okay I guess, I mean it's kind of fun being the great hero and all."

"And how are things with Mai?" Roshi said seemingly to know about this subject.

"Well you see, I don't know, I know how I feel and all but I don't know how she feels about me," Yamcha said.

Roshi smirked and said, "And you didn't come for my advice?"

"Well, it's just that you've got an odd history with the female gender and I figured you either give me some odd advice or none at all," Yamcha said.

Roshi sighed and said in a serious tone, "Well, not true, I may be a womanizer but I do know a thing or two about them. I've lived a long time and been in love more than once and let me tell you. I think I know what's bothering you?'

Yamcha looked wondering what Roshi knew and said, "Well then, tell me what and how to deal with it?"

"Your problem is Bulma, she turned you down and you're afraid that Mai will do the same thing. Now, let me tell you something, Bulma isn't Mai and from what I'm told, Mai loves you very much and won't turn you down. If I were you, I would go to Mai now and tell her how you feel or you might miss your shot," Roshi said.

"Thanks, I think I will. But do you know where she is right now?" Yamcha said.

"Yeah, she moved in with Chi Chi to help her take care of Gohan and all. Chi Chi and she seemed to become friends somehow," Roshi said.

"Thanks, you're something else old timer," Yamcha said leaving.

Soon he was standing outside of the Son's house and thought about what was going to happen. He knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. Soon the door was open and Yamcha saw Gohan standing in front of him and smiling at him.

"Hey Gohan, is there a chance Mai is here at this time?" Yamcha asked.

"Yeah, she sure is, it's nice to see you Mr. Yamcha," Gohan said happily.

Yamcha walked by the kitchen where he saw Chi Chi making another meal. Yamcha waved at her as he past by and followed Gohan to the living room where Mai was watching TV. When Mai saw Yamcha she almost went into shock.

"Hey, Mai, I need to talk to you about something, in private," Yamcha said signaling Gohan to leave the room.

"Yeah, it's so nice to see you again. I figured you would still be out celebrating your victory, or something," Mai said.

"Nope, I'm tired of that stuff, it gets old really fast, let me tell you," Yamcha said smiling.

"Well, these people just want to meet you so they could say they'd met the man who beat Cell. I can understand them but I also understand how it would get tiring for you as well," Mai said.

Yamcha sighed and then said, "Well now for the reason that I came over. I wanted to tell you how I feel about you, Mai."

"How is that? I have been wondering about that for a while now," Mai said.

"I love you, I love the way you look, how you're so smart, how you're so kind, I love every little thing about you and I want to spend every day around you. I have hidden this for a while but I was afraid of telling you," Yamcha said looking at the floor worried about the reaction he was going to get.

Mai just stood there for a minute and walked over to him and then hugged him while saying, "I feel the same way about you, I was just waiting for you to understand your own feelings."

Yamcha reached his back pocket and pulled out a small box and said, "Well then, would you want to have this?"

"It depends what it means, is this what I think it means?" Mai said

"Yeah, it sure does," Yamcha answered.

Mai then kissed Yamcha and took the box out of his hand and opened it and saw a beautiful ring inside. She put it on and then kissed him again. Then she looked at the door to see two people spying on them and said, "Chi Chi, Gohan, I know you're there, come on out."

Both of them walked into the room smiling. Chi Chi gave Mai a big hug and then said, "Congrats, I guess that means you need someone to plan everything for your big day."

Mai looked at Chi Chi and said, "Well I guess so but I don't want to trouble you."

Chi Chi laughed and said, "No problem, I'm sure Bulma will also want to help too,"

Yamcha sighed thinking how odd it was for his first love to plan his wedding when it was going to be with a different girl, but he knew Bulma would do so without any troubles and she was the best party planner around. Yamcha smiled at Chi Chi and said, "Sure that would be great, thank you."

Gohan who had been standing quietly chimmed in and said, "You two make a great couple, ooh Yamcha, did my mom tell you that I'm going to have a new baby brother."

"Wow, really, when did you find out Chi and do you need any help around here?" Yamcha said.

"Nope, I just wish Goku would be here to see his new son and watch him grow up. It's just so sad for a boy to grow up without a father," Chi Chi said.

Something about this hit him hard, he had also grown up without a father and didn't want Chi Chi's new son go through the same world as him. He thought for a second and then came up with a plan to get Goku back on earth.

"Chi, I think I've got a plan that will get your Goku back, okay?" Yamcha said.

"Well, it can't hurt for you to try it. I do want my Goku back with me," Chi Chi said.

Yamcha then told the plan to King Kai telepathically, and everything was set up. Later that day on new Namek the dragon balls were used to wish Goku back and Goku returned to his home. Yamcha waited for his friend to arrive before he left. Goku arrived just before dinner.

"Hi everyone I'm home," Goku said

Chi Chi ran to him and hugged him telling him how much she had missed him and then Goku did what came naturally to him. He smelled the food and went into the kitchen to get some of it.

"Thanks Yamcha, I was wondering, how did you get Goku to come back home?" Chi Chi asked.

"Simple, I told Kai to tell Goku that if he was going to stay in the Other World, he wouldn't be able to train or eat ever again. I guess that did the trick," Yamcha said smiling, "Do you mind if I join you guys for dinner?"

"Sure I do owe you for getting my Goku back and all," Chi Chi said.