Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Wolf ❯ Chapter 11 - Training and the youth division ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own DBZ or any of its characters

Lone Wolf

Thanks go to Goleta for helping me on this story

Chapter 11 - Training and the youth division

The next day, Yamcha began to train with Videl to reach the higher levels of Martial arts and also began his own training for the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament that was getting closer. Yamcha was surprised by the little time and effort Videl needed to pick up on things. She learned how to fly and use energy beams a lot faster than Yamcha thought she would. She really wanted to show Gohan that she could fight in this tournament and with the lessons she got from Yamcha she would be able to do so. Yamcha also trained very hard during this time to get stronger than ever. A lot of the time he would train with Goku and Tien. They would go into the Special training room and battled hundreds of foes at a time. So after 6 months of training Tien had been able to reach the Human transformation and Goku was able to go Super Saiyan 2 just like his son. Roshi also wanted to enter the tournament and when Mai and Yamcha heard about a new junior division, he was allowed to enter it. Trunks trained with Vegeta for the tournament and Goten trained with his brother Gohan for the tournament. Roshi on the other hand trained once or twice with Yamcha and Tien taught him to fly and use basic energy attacks, but that was it.

- Six months later -

Yamcha was sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast with his wife and son. Roshi was excited to compete in the tournament and Mai was looking forward to see the two men in her life do what they did the best.

"Oh dad, I wanted to tell you that both Trunks and Goten told me they would win but I think I'm going to. I know I'm just as good as the both of them," Roshi said smiling," And I have bet with them that you would beat their parents too."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence little man but winning isn't the most important thing. It's just about having fun and doing the best you can do. It's only important to win when you're facing an enemy or alien who wants to hurt your friends," Yamcha said, "But let me tell you this. Whatever you do this afternoon, I'm going to be proud of you."

Roshi smiled at Yamcha and said, "Thanks dad, you're the best."

"Thanks, I must say I'm very happy to have you as my son," Yamcha said to Roshi as he left to watch some television.

Yamcha turned to Mai and said, "I still can't believe that we got so lucky to have him as our son."

Mai smiled and said, "Well, he does take after his father, wouldn't you say?"

"Thanks, but I'm sure it has more to do with the great mother he has," Yamcha said smiling back.

"He's just growing up so fast, I mean, he's now in his first tournament. How did the time roll so fast?" Mai said turning to look at her son.

"I don't know, I guess this is a normal thing to go through," Yamcha said.

"Yeah, but it makes me feel kind of old and all," Mai said.

Yamcha leaned over to kiss her and said, "You'll always look young to me."

"Thanks honey, I got to get ready, remember we have to leave in less than an hour," Mai said.

"Yeah, I know, I'll make sure Roshi is ready," Yamcha said.

Later that day, Yamcha and his family went to meet the other Z-Fighters and families on the island where the tournament was being held. Yamcha tried to stay away from the media but wasn't to successful. He mostly told them that he wished they would enjoy the tournament and that it wasn't the time to answer questions now because he had to focus on winning. Soon, all of the family members who didn't participate in the tournament left and only the fighters were left. They were cutting the competitors down to 16 based on a scouter that would read the power levels of the fighters and of course the Z-Fighters went on but so did a group of odd fighters, some with M on their forehead. Yamcha had time to leave and watch his son in the Junior Tournament. He watched as his son crushed his opponents to the semis where he would fight Goten. Trunks was waiting to fight the winner in the finals.

"Okay, now for the semis we have Son Goten vs Robi Roshi," the announcer said.

The fighters got into the ring and smiled at each other.

"Well, let's see, if you can handle fighting a Saiyan," Goten said.

"Well, my dad can so I can too," Roshi said back.

Goten charged at Roshi and threw a punch to his stomach that knocked him back followed by a kick to his head. Roshi fell back and then started to act like a crazy animal wondering around the ring. Goten went up to help his friend but Roshi hit him over and over again saying he was a crazy cow. Then Goku yelled to Goten to run away and the attack ended. Roshi then attacked Goten again and yelled rock, throwing a punch, then paper and then rock again hitting Goten in the back of the head with a fist.

Goku turned to Yamcha and asked, "Um, how did he know those moves?"

Yamcha shrugged and said, "He watched the old tournaments a lot so he must of picked them up from them."

In the ring Roshi's attacks were starting to get on Goten nerves and he pulled back from Roshi and said, "Well, you fight weird but good but I bet you can't stop the kamehameha Wave my brother has showed me."

"Bring it on, I bet I can," Roshi said smiling.

"Okay, I bet you a handful of toys that you can't," Goten said powering up his Kamehameha and then fired it.

Roshi just stood there as the energy attack got closer to him only putting his hands out in front of him.

"Yamcha, your brat is crazy, he can't stop that attack with his hands," Vegeta said, "Well, it looks like it'll be your brat against mine in the finals, Kakarot."

When the beam got close to him, Roshi screamed at the top of his little lungs and the Kamehameha was gone. Everyone in the stadium including Goten looked stunned. Roshi then fired a Kamehameha of his own at a still stunned Goten that knocked him out of the ring.

"Uhm, how in the world did your brat do that?" Vegeta said, "I can't say I've ever seen anyone do that to a Kamehameha Wave before."

"I have, remember Yamcha?" Tien said from the corner, "He must have picked it up from watching our fight, man that kid is amazing."

"Now we have Roshi vs Trunks," the announcer said.

Trunks entered the ring and smirked at Roshi and said, "Well, you're good but I won't underestimate you like Goten did."

"Fine, let's just fight already," Roshi said.

Roshi started the fight by charging at Trunks and using the Wolf Fang Fist attack. The attack hit Trunks and knocked him to the edge of the ring before he rebounded. Trunks then countered and the fight had started now. The two fighters were going back and forth till Trunks went Super Saiyan. At this point the fight started to go towards Trunks' favor. But whenTrunks was about to set the death blow, Roshi used a Solar Flare and blinded Trunks long enough to get above him. The Z-Fighters looked at it in total disbelief as little Roshi put his hands in the shape of a triangle and fired the Tri-beam attack that Tien only could use. The attack hit Trunks in the back and knocked a still blinded Trunks out of the ring.

"Winner, the son of the champ, Roshi," the announcer said.

"Uhm, let me guess, he picked that up from watching the tape of Tien doing that too," Vegeta said frowning his eyebrows.

"Yeah, he had to, I've never shown him that move," Tien said, "That kid is really something special."

"Yeah, I would have never figured that my son would have that much ability," Yamcha said smiling.

On the other side of the stadium, Mai was overjoyed by the victory of her son but she didn't show it too much because the mothers of the second and third place boys sat next to her.

"Wow, your son is a great fighter, how many times did Yamcha train him?" Bulma said.

"He has only trained with him once or twice, but Tien showed him some things I think," Mai said.

"Wow, that makes sense why he used Tien's Tri-beam," Bulma said.

"Well maybe but he did watch all the tournaments at least once a week and I've seen him pretending to be the fighters in the tournament," Mai said.

"Well, either way, I'm sure Yamcha is a proud father," Chi Chi said.

"Yeah, I'm sure he is but I know he would still even if Roshi had lost in the first round," Mai said.