Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lone Wolf ❯ Chapter 12 - Deals, match ups and the start of the tournament ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own DBZ or any of its characters

Thanks to Goleta for his help

Lone Wolf

Chapter 12 - Deals, match ups and the start of the tournament

Roshi had just won the youth division of the tournament and Yamcha couldn't be any prouder. He was given a big trophy and the victory was celebrated everywhere a person watched the tournament on television. Roshi was already a house hold name at the age of five as the son of the champ. Now that he had become the best young fighter on Earth, his fame would only grow. After the finals were done, Roshi got his prize money and trophy. The group of fighters that were going to contend in the adult division of the tournament gathered to determine the match ups for the tournament.

Standing off to the side, one of the guys with an M stamp on his head was talking to another unknown guy that was purple who had a white mohawk. Yamcha got closer to listen in on what they were discussing. He had a feeling whatever it was, it was important for him to hear it.

The Red Demon like figure smirked at the purple man and said, "Hello Kai, it's a surprise to see you here, I figured you would be out looking for Buu. Oh no, I forgot, you can't find him now, can you?"

"And what are you, the king of the shadow realm, doing here. I figured you would be out guarding your master, Dabura" Kai said smugly.

"I would but I don't have to protect what no one can find, In fact while I'm here, I'm going to gather power for Majin Buu and you can't stop me. In fact, I don't think anyone here can stop me. Even that fighter, Yamcha, the hero of these people will fail to beat me but I'll make you a bet if you want Kai?" Dabura said.

"Sure, what do you want to bet about?" Kai asked.

"Simple, if you or any of these fighters here beat me, I'll tell you the location of Buu but if I win, you must make me the supreme ruler of the otherworld," Dabura said smirking.

"Sounds good to me, I know you won't win this tournament, I know you aren't strong enough to," Kai said smiling.

"We'll see, won't we?" Dabura said walking away.

"So Yamcha, I think you know how important that this fight is now, don't you?" Kai said turning to Yamcha.

"Yeah, but just how strong is he and how are you a Kai? I mean, all I ever heard about is King Kai and well, you're not him," Yamcha said.

"First of all, Dabura is very strong, stronger than anyone I've ever met before. It will almost be impossible to beat him in battle but I'm putting my faith in you that you'll win this tournament. You must save the universe. As for me I am the Supreme Kai, I am above King Kai in rank. In fact, you could say King Kai works for me," Kai said

Yamcha looked stunned when realizing someone was above King Kai, that was just unthinkable to him. He came back to his senses fast thinking about how he could beat this new threat hoping that he wasn't as strong as Supreme Kai said he was. He turned to Kai and said, "Thanks, I'll do my best, I'm sure my friends or I will win."

"Now the match ups for the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. We will have them in this order, Yamcha vs Pei Pei, Krillin vs Yammu, Vegeta vs 17, Tien vs Goku, Gohan vs Kabito, Videl vs Spopovich, Dabura vs 18 and Shin vs Ma Jr.Now. The tournament will begin in less than one hour so everyone get ready for some action," the announcer said.

For the next hour every fighter did what he need to do to get ready, and of all of them it was different, for Yamcha it was simple, he play with his son for a half a hour before going into the Locker and loosing up for the fight, one hour later the tournament started.

"Now let us welcome to the stadium, Pei Pei and also let us welcome the current champ, the hero of Earth, the man who defeated Cell, the greatest fighter ever, Robi Yamcha," the announcer yelled as the crowd went wild. Yelling Yamcha's name, almost half of the people in the stadium were wearing replica Turtle hermit uniforms or some type of shirts with Yamcha's face on it.

The fighters entered the ring and Pei just smirked and said, "So, you're the great hero of these people, I wonder what they'll do when they see me beating you."

"I don't know, too bad that won't happen," Yamcha said back.

Pei charged at Yamcha throwing a punch that Yamcha easily dodged and the tournament was on. Pei kept up his attacks and threw attack after attack at Yamcha but none of them hit him. In fact, it looked like Yamcha was just toying around with him and was dodging with ease. Then Yamcha finally attacked Pei knocking him out of the ring.

"The winner is Yamcha," the announcer said as the crowd went wild again.

"Next we have Krillin vs Yammu," the announcer said, "Krillin is former two time semi-finalist and once a quarterfinalist in this tournament and is a friend from Yamcha."

"Hey human, I'll show you how much strong one of our kind when working for master Babidi," Yammu said.

"Quiet, I know how strong you are and I know I'm still a lot stronger than you, you fool," Krillin said.

Krillin charged at Yammu with a punch that landed on Yammu's face knocking him back. Yammu got up and charged at Krillin throwing punches around wildly and missing all the time. Krillin then side stepped Yammu and kicked him out of the ring ending the match.

"That makes the winner of the second match Krillin. Next we'll have Vegeta and 17. Both fighters, come forward," the announcer said.

Both fighters came into the ring, knowing each others strong points and flaws as well. They both charged at each other without saying a word. Talking was cheap to them in such a fight. 17 and Vegeta blurred in and out of sight throwing punch after punch at each other. A bit later 17 was on the wall of the stadium and everyone was looking stunned at what had just taken place in or outside the ring.

"I have to say, Vegeta has gotten a lot stronger. He didn't even needed to go Super Saiyan to beat 17, that's real impressive," Krillin said.

"Yeah, I think he may have a shot of winning the tournament this year," Goku said smiling.

"Hey, aren't you up next Goku," Krillin said to his friend.

"Yep, I'm up against Tien, man this will be a hard fight," Goku said

Goku entered the ring and looked around to see Tien. They both smiled as they loved hard fights and this was going to be one of them.

"Tien, this will be fun, don't you think? So don't hold back on me, okay?" Goku said.

"Same to you, I want to have the fight of my life," Tien said powering up to Super human.

Goku then went Super Saiyan and charged at him. Tien dodged the attack and countered with one of his own but missed as well. Then the two attacked again and again with the same results every time. Then they backed down and charged at each other, this time hitting the other and causing a huge explosion in the middle of the ring. Goku charged again and knocked Tien to the ground but Tien countered and almost knocked Goku out of the ring with a kick to his side but Goku rebounded and got back into the fight. Tien powered up a Tri-Beam to fire at Goku but Goku used Instant Transmission to dodge the blast. He reappeared behind Tien who then fired a quick energy blast but missed and Goku ended the fight with a left hook that knocked Tien out of the ring.

"Winner Goku," the announcer said.

Tien walked back up to Goku smiling and said, "Good fight, I hope to do that again sometime."

"No problem, I'm up for it anytime you want Tien," Goku said smiling.