Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Do you really think I would write a disclaimer if I owned Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, or Dragon Ball GT? Huh?

The others looked at Trunks, How did one tell a mother her child is gone? Bra looked solemnly at her brother. She then went over to her husband Uub. "Pan and him wanted this child so much, they even had the nursery already done up and a name picked out." She said as Uub held her.

Uub sighed, he could not fathom having to go through the lost of a child, when Bra was three months pregnant she had a scare and almost miscarried, fortunately, Bra did not miscarry, and the baby is fine. "This has to be hard; to lose a child has to be the worse pain a parent can feel." Uub said calmly

"How are we going to tell Pan, how do you tell the mother, The mere thought of losing my child scares me to death, I have know Idea what it would do if it actually happened." Bra told him.

Uub did not have an answer for her; he did not know what to say. "We lost our niece tonight Bra, Our baby niece, the only thing we can do is try to be there for her parents. Pan and Trunks are going to need our support.

Bra nodded and sighed, "You're right Uub that is the least we can do."

Goten sat as he held his sobbing wife in his arms. "I don't understand how this could have happened." Marron said through heaven sobs

Goten stroked her hair as he tried to calm the depressed woman. He did not know what to say, he could not believe this was happening, he wished he could turn back time; he wished he could wish everything back to the day before the accident. However, with the Dragon Balls gone, there was nothing to do, except grieve and be there for his friends. Oh, he would be there for Trunks. Trunks and him had a special bond with each other, they knew exactly how the other was feeling, Goten knew Trunks was depressed, he just didn't know how to approach his childhood friend.

"Goten what you are thinking about." Marron had stopped crying for a moment to notice her husband in a train of thought.

"I was thinking on how the bond between me and Trunks gets stronger everyday, I mean we know exactly what the other is thinking or feeling with out having to tell the other one, take for example he knew I loved you before I even did, and I knew it with him and Pan."

"It's what your father called a brotherly bond; Males who grow up together from birth who are not related are usually bonded this way. They say it can be construed as romantic love, but not in this case."

"I do love him, I would do anything for him, but yeah I love him like a brother." Goten said. "I just don't know what to do now."

.

Trunks stayed in the same position, his head in his lap as his tears made a small puddle around him. He did not care who saw him, he did not care about anything anymore, and the only thing he wanted was Pan to wake up and for his daughter to be all right.

His mother Bulma who had arrived not long after Trunks had gotten the news. She had found out herself and went over to him, she knelt down to his position the floor, and as a mother, she brought him into her arms and rocked him.

"I'm so sorry baby, I'm so, so sorry, mommy's here my love, just cry, let it out." She said softly to him. Trunks let his mother hold him, she was in fact the only person since Pan went into the hospital that could even remotely approach him, and he had deflected anyone who tried to help.

Trunks let the tears flow as his mother comforted him, his family, friends and strangers alike watched as the powerful president cried as his mother held him. Most did not know that Trunks' young wife had lost the baby, or that Pan was not completely out of the clear yet. When word did get out about Mrs. Trunks Briefs in the hospital, many people sent condolence gifts. Trunks had however did not receive any of them, the just stayed at Capsule Corp, where they were sent.

Bulma sighed, to lose a child, she thought many times when Trunks was fighting with the enemy she would lose him. The very thought of losing Trunks or Bra hurt, she could not fathom it if they actually did die.

Bulma looked up at Gohan, `he could be losing his daughter as we sit here, poor Gohan and Videl, oh Videl must be taken this the hardest besides Trunks.

Videl sat beside her daughter's hospital bed, holding onto her cold hands. "Pan, please you must wake up." She pleaded with her daughter to wake up. "Everyone needs you; we all love you so much. Bra and Marron are inconsolable. Trunks is a total wreck, we cannot function without you Panny." Videl tried to smile. "You are the glue that holds us all together." She said as she arranged the hair behind Pan's head.

Gohan walked into the room, he saw his wife comforting her daughter. "Videl?"

Videl turned around, "Gohan, I don't know what to do." Gohan put an arm around her. He looked at Pan; she was as fragile as she lied there motionless.

"Videl she will pull through this." As Videl and Gohan sat and waited for Pan to wake up the door opened to reveal Trunks.

"I'll come back later, I'm sorry." Trunks was about to leave, but was stopped by Gohan.

"No, Trunks you are her husband, you should sit with her for awhile." Gohan said. He turned towards Videl, he was not sure if Videl would want to leave Pan. "Videl?"

"Yeah, you should sit with your wife." Videl hugged him, and lightly kissed him on the cheek. She and Gohan then left.

Trunks smiled as he watched her parents leave, he turned to his wife, and walked over to her. It was the first time since the accident since he seen her. He could never bring himself to see her. He sat down in the chair next to her bed where Videl was sitting and touched her hand.

"It's cold." He said shocked. He looked up at her monitor and saw that her vitals were steady.

"Pan, please wake up, I don't think I can go on without you. I couldn't take it if you left me."

Trunks pleaded with her throughout the night, talking to her and telling her stories about their lives.

"This is all my fault, I should have been more adamant on her leaving. I was not stern enough. He needed to get out of there. To talk to someone.

When Trunks was about to get up to leave, Pan's hand had squeezed his. "Pan?"

Pan's eyes fluttered open. "What took you so long?" She asked as she looked up at her husband.

"Pan, you're awake." Trunks smiled.

"Trunks, where am I? What happened?" She then felt down towards her stomach area, "My baby, where's my baby?" She asked frantically. She looked up and pleaded with Trunks.

"Pan?"

"Where's my baby, I want to see her." Pan pleaded, not knowing the baby was gone.

`What do I do?' Trunks thought, he did not know how to tell her their daughter had died.

A/n: How will Trunks break the devastating news to Pan?

QUOTE OF THE DAY: Life is too short to fight over the trivial things.