Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Love At First Sight ❯ Sunday Conversations ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note pt. 1: Alrighty folks! Here is Chapter 5! It's out sooner than I thought, but again, I wasn't busy at work and I've done my studying for today. Anyhoo, enjoy!
Love at First Sight - Sunday Conversations
The next day, Chi-Chi started her day early. Sundays were her favorite day of the week whether it was rain or shine. This Sunday, however was a rather beautiful day. The sun was shining bright and there was not a cloud in the sky. There was a slight breeze, but it was still to warm to wear a jacket. Chi-Chi decided to take a morning jog. She was feeling pretty good since yesterday when she apologized to Goku. She was still unsure about him though. Although he seemed sincere and true, she couldn't quite warm up to him because he called off his wedding for her, someone he didn't know at all. If it weren't for Bulma and 18, she would have blown him off completely. As of now, she was confused about her feelings for the man, but hopefully their date will wash all of her doubts away. She really wanted to like him.
When Chi-Chi got home from her jog, she decided that she would ask Bulma to double date with her. She didn't get a chance to talk about the whole dojo situation because Bulma had a conference call that lasted the entire trip home. This was good because this gave Chi-Chi more time to make her decision. At first she thought that 18 would be better because she was into his little friend, but she didn't know what was up with them just yet. This also worked out better because 18 was very blunt and could possibly embarrass her, where as Bulma would be more subtle and laid back. Exhausted, Chi-Chi fell back on her bed. She would wait a while before she asked this favor of Bulma.

Bulma smiled and thanked the Saleswoman as she left yet another store. Sunday was her shopping day, and today's focus was supposed to be shoes, just shoes. But, every pair of shoes that she liked had a matching outfit somewhere close by and she just HAD to have it. She only made it to three stores and already had eight bags. She still had more shopping to do, so she decided to put her bags in her car. When she reached it, she cursed herself for driving her sports car, knowing that she always over shopped. The Range Rover would have been much better for today. Now, she was stuck trying to make all of these bags fit into her trunk, which was already partly full.
'Great, just great...'
Twenty minutes later, she finally managed to put all of her bags in the trunk, but she didn't have any more room in her car for more bags, so she just decided to leave. No need to tease herself by window shopping. She wanted to hurry home anyway because her new clothes were getting hella wrinkled, and she hated wrinkled new clothes. She was starting backing out of her parking space when she noticed another car driving fast and going the wrong way down the aisle. She beeped at the car for it to stop, but it didn't.
"Shit" Bulma cursed loudly.
She panicked and quickly pulled back into her spot within inches of the idiot hitting her. The other car stopped suddenly and without thinking, she jumped out of her car to give the other driver a piece of her mind. Maybe this was a bad idea, but she wanted them to know that they were wrong. When she got to the car, she couldn't see inside because all of the windows were tinted, so she knocked, but they didn't respond. Damn, couldn't they hear her?
"Excuse me?" Bulma aid as she continued knocking. "Hey! You almost hit me you jerk. Don't you know who I am?" She was getting even angrier. "Stop being a little bitch and roll down your window!"
She didn't mean to say that, but it must have triggered something in the other person, because they rolled down the window, and when they did, she really regretted getting out of her car.
"Well, well, well. Aren't we acting a bit immature today?"
Bulma rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. She definitely wasn't in the mood for this. "Dammit Vegeta! You almost hit me! Didn't you hear me honk?"
"Woman, it was you who was in my way. If I would have hit you, it would have been your fault."
"First of all, you were going the wrong way, and second, you were going way too fast."
"I wasn't going the wrong way."
"Yes, Vegeta you were!"
Vegeta simply pointed to the arrow on the street. Bulma blushed slightly with embarrassment. He was right.
"Whatever. The fact still remains that you still almost hit me, jerk."
"Well, I didn't hit you so quit whining."
"Asshole."
"What was that?" Vegeta continued toying with the woman. She was absolutely stunning when she was all flustered. "It's a good thing that I almost ran into you though; we need to set up a time for you to come over to my house."
"Your house? For what?" she said surprised.
"For what? I paid you to set up my gravity chamber."
Bulma smiled. "Mr. Ouji, I set up the one at your dojo, so the one at your residence will be set up by my workers."
"That's a breach of contract."
"How so? I set up one like I said, and my workers will set up the other one."
"You were supposed to set up the one at my house."
"I think you are wrong."
"OH do you?" Vegeta said as he reached into his glove compartment and pulled out a folded up piece of paper and opened it. "You remember our contract, right Miss Briefs?"
Bulma stiffened. 'Damn! I forgot about that stupid contract. I tried to get around going to his house!'
Vegeta smirked at her baffled look. "So, I guess you will be building me two!"
"Two! I built one already. I don't have time for this."
"Well, I guess you will have to make time, because I specifically asked you to set up mine personally. The request was quite simple. I thought you could handle it, since you claim that you are so smart."
"Claim! Bulma fumed. "You asshole!"
"Asshole?" Vegeta chuckled. "Such foul language coming out of such a beautiful mouth. By the way you treat me Miss Briefs, I'm starting to think that you don't like me.
"I can't take this! NO! I don't like you Vegeta! OOH! Let me leave before I lose it!" Bulma said, storming off.
"Drive safely." Vegeta said sarcastically, causing her to scream. He watched her storm off. She was switching hard in her short little red dress. She was looking very sexy, a little too sexy just for shopping. Vegeta laughed as he sped off. This was the highlight of his day.
Bulma quickly got into her car and drove off. Seeing Vegeta really put a damper on her good mood. That man was too fine to be so annoying. He was looking rather nice today though, with his blue striped button down shirt and jeans. Bulma grabbed her phone when she heard it ringing and answered it.
"Hello, this is Bulma Briefs."
"Hey girl!" Chi-Chi chimed through the phone.
"Hey." Bulma said lowly.
"What's wrong? Didn't get your Sunday shopping done?"
"I did, but I ran into that son of a bitch, Vegeta."
Chi-Chi laughed. "Oh hey. Hold on for a second, Bulma. My phone is going in and out. Alright I fixed it."
"No you didn't. You're just holding the cord. You should really get a new phone, Chi."
"Whatever."
"Do you know he almost hit me?" Bulma said, changing the subject.
"Who? Vegeta?"
"Girl, yes!" Bulma fussed. "I can't wait until I don't have to deal with him anymore.”So, what's up?"
"Well, I wanted to ask you something. I told Goku that I would accept his date and-"
"You did? That's great!" Bulma said, smiling.
"Yeah, thanks. But the only reason I agreed to the date was if it was a double date."
"A double date?" Bulma giggled. "How high school. SO, who's going with you two?"
"Well," Chi-Chi hesitated. "I was hoping that you would."
"Me? I don't know, Chi. I don't have someone to go with. You know, I'm not dating Yaumcha anymore."
"Of course I know. But Goku has friends. I'm sure he won't mind bringing one."
"So not only is this a double date, it will be a blind date for me?" Bulma sighed. "You are lucky that you are my best friend. And Goku better have looking friend."
"So, you'll go?"
Bulma though a moment. "Yeah Chi, I'll go, but only if-"
"Hold on, Bulma. My phone is messing up again." Chi-Chi interrupted.
"-you tell Goku NOT to bring Vegeta.”Bulma continued, not hearing Chi-Chi's request.
"What?"
"You heard me. I'll go, but only id Goku doesn't bring Vegeta."
"But-"
"No buts!" Bulma interjected. "I don't want to see that man outside of a business setting. Hell, I don't even want to see him then. He is an asshole and I despise him."
"Didn't he almost hit you earlier, though?"
"Yes! Are you ok, Chi?"
"I'm fine. The question is, are you ok?"
"I'm wonderful. Especially when you tell Goku not to bring Vegeta."
"Well, ok." Chi-Chi said confused. "I'm about to call Goku and tell him."
"Alright, Chi. Talk to you later."
Chi-Chi hung up the phone in total confusion. Surely she didn't hear right, but Bulma seemed serious about Vegeta. Still, she called Goku. He didn't answer, so she left a message.
"Hi Goku, this is Chi-Chi. Listen, I'm bringing Bulma on the date. She had a request though. Bulma wants you to bring Vegeta. It seems a little weird to me seeing that he almost hit her today, but still it's her request, not mine. Well, call me when you get this. Bye."
Author's Note Pt.2: What in the hell did Chi-Chi just do? I think she really needs to get a new phone, lol! But well see how her little mess up plays out in the next chapter.
I know this chapter was short, but I wanted to write it while it was still fresh in my mind. The next chapter will be longer I promise :) So please review!
Until Next Time…
Ja!