Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Love Does Exist ❯ Out of the Blue ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Sorry this took so long. Btw, I was right about Mrs. Briefs telling them that Vegeta was running out of fuel...I saw that episode just the other day. Just a tad of information. Enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 2 - Out of the Blue

There was no warning.

There was just the sound of a large object hitting her backyard with a loud crash and a mushroom cloud of dirt in the air.

The entire household sprinted outside to see what the commotion was all about. The spaceship that Vegeta had stolen had landed, and quite hard, if fact. It had kicked up a great deal of dust from the ground, and the feet of the ship were imbedded at least two feet deep in the perfect lawn.

Mrs. Briefs just giggled. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "The spaceship thief is back!"

The door of the spaceship slid open with a metallic whir and Vegeta's form stepped out onto the ramp. He turned and crouched defensively to see who had come to see his arrival. Then, seeing only the weak humans, he glanced around, trying to pick up a ki.

Yamcha stepped forward, waiting to see if Vegeta was here to be hostile. There was no telling with the Saiya-jin prince. It all depended on his mood.

"What are you doing here, Vegeta?" Yamcha demanded.

The spiky haired warrior ignored him, as usual, and continued to look for a signature ki. "It looks like Kakarotto isn't back yet," he said finally, walking down the rest of the ramp and towards the group on the lawn.

Yamcha gave him a confused look. "Didn't you find Goku in space?"

Vegeta's frown deepened as he glared at the human. "I don't need to answer to you."

It was then that Bulma walked forward, stepping right up to Vegeta. "That's enough talking," she said boldly. "Why don't you take a shower," she suggested, crinkling her nose. "You're filthy and you smell."

Vegeta scoffed before turning his head in an attempt to ignore her. No one ordered the Saiya-jin no Ouji around.

Bulma ignored the gesture and turned. "Follow me," she said, walking towards the house. When she didn't hear the Prince's footsteps behind her, she spun around angrily. "Hurry up!" Bulma yelled. "You're being very rude."

Vegeta practically choked. "Nani?" he said, confused. Then, to everyone's surprise, he placed his hands on his hips in defeat and, staring silently at the ground, followed Bulma inside the house.

The rest of them just gaped at the scene.

"What just happened...?" Yamcha mused aloud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holding her nose to evade the smell, Bulma stuffed Vegeta's disgusting armor and blue spandex outfit into the washer. She wafted away the stench as she places a spare outfit on the table next to the washer. The sound of rushing water was loud and she turned to the shower to catch a peek of the prince showering. He was letting the steaming hot water hit him full in the chest; the liquid ran down his muscular, scarred body in rivers. His normally upright, spiky hair was weighed down against his back by the weight of the water. He was looking up at the showerhead silently, almost in contemplation.

"I left a change of clothes out here for you," Bulma called.

Vegeta ignored her again, thinking to himself. ~Kakarotto, hurry back and show me the power of a Super Saiya-jin. I must have the secret...~

Bulma shrugged to herself, then turned and headed back out towards the balcony to join her friends. She took a seat at the table, taking a sip of her neglected iced tea.

"It was just Vegeta," Krillin said sadly. "I hoped Goku had come back."

Yamcha nodded. "It looks like Vegeta is still thinking about Goku."

"I hope he likes the clothes," Bulma said suddenly, completely off-topic.

Yamcha raised a brow in doubt. "I don't know."

Suddenly, Vegeta's voice boomed from inside the house. "Hey, woman!" he called deeply. "Come here, woman! Hey, can't you hear me, Earth woman!?"

Bulma threw back her chair in fury, spinning towards the door. "My name is Bulma!" she shouted back. "Use it!"

"What did you do to my clothes!"

"They were filthy, so I washed them," she replied.

"What did you say!?"

"There's a change of clothes in there for you."

Vegeta glanced over at the table and grabbed one of the garments. It was a collared shirt in the cutest baby pink imaginable. The back of the shirt said "Badman" in black letters. He looked down and noticed the pants. They were very tight and bright yellow. He gaped at the outfit before clenching his teeth together in anger.

"Are you saying that I, the Saiya-jin no Ouji, should wear this!?"

Bulma shrugged to herself. "Come out naked then."

What a vulgar woman...

Vegeta put the clothes on quickly, then walked out onto the balcony, clenching his fists as he looked down at himself. "This...is...!!" The clothes fit him nicely, hugging his muscular body. However, the color was quite comedic.

Bulma looked him up and down before giving him a sly and flirtatious grin. "They look good on you."

Then she turned and winked to her friends before they all burst into laughter.

"Don't laugh!" Vegeta roared. "If you want to keep your lives, stop laughing!"

Silence filled the air in the blink of an eye as everyone stared at the prince.

Finally, Bulma took a step closer to the hardened warrior. "Why don't you stay here until Goku comes back?"

Vegeta raised a brow at her in suspicion.

Bulma rolled her eyes. "Don't look so macho. I bet you don't even have any money," she pointed out. "If you stay here, you'll know as soon as Goku gets back."

Vegeta inwardly sighed, but his face was as still as stone. He knew the woman was right and it was his best, if only, option.

Not that he would ever admit that to her.

After another small argument, Vegeta took a seat at the table with Bulma and her friends. His expression portrayed pure annoyance at being in the company of low-class people such as the woman and her pathetic, weakling friends. But he was hungry, and some real food after spending so much time in space was too inviting to pass up. Besides, she was cooking it for him, and that was the way it was going to stay.

The meal went without incidence, which was to everyone's great surprise.

Well, not *completely* without incidence.

As the meal was just finished, Vegeta stood up so suddenly that he knocked his chair over, his teeth clenched in fury.

"That damn Kakarotto!" he cursed. "He didn't kill him!"

Everyone's eyes widened in surprise. "Nani!?" Yamcha stammered.

"It's Frieza's ki! It is nearing the planet!" Vegeta slammed his fist into the table, his anger barely masking the fear he felt.

Yamcha searched for the ki, quickly located two large powers. They were indeed heading towards the planet. "Is this really Frieza's ki?"

Vegeta spun his face around to glare at the human. "Do you think I'd make that kind of mistake!?"

"But there are two ki's," Krillin pointed out.

"I'm aware of that, cue ball," Vegeta shouted. "But I don't recognize the other one!" Vegeta cursed loudly in a feeble attempt to control his anger. "And it's even stronger than Frieza's!"

"But I just came back from the dead!" Yamcha whined. "Am I going to die again?"

"Shut up, Yamcha!" Bulma shouted suddenly. "You're a fighter, too! You need to protect us just like everyone else!"

Vegeta couldn't help but crack a signature smirk. ~Stupid humans...~