Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Are Forgotten, But Never Lost ❯ Why can't she remember? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: In this fic Goku was there in time to stop Nappa from killing Piccolo, so the namek lives. Raditz did come to Earth, Goku did go to King Kai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ @ // E T |-| Y $ T ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe this. This can't be real, this can't be. . . . . how. . .?? Why did she do it. Doesn't she remember? What did Turles do to her?! Goku thought as he gazed down at the unconscious Vegeta laying in his arms. Goku sped faster towards Roshi's house he could sense Gohan and Krillen up ahead waiting for him.

"GOKU!!!" Krillen yelled out waving his hands frantically to get the saiyan's attention.

"DADDY!! OVER HERE!!" Gohan yelled waving a hand.

"Krillen, Gohan." Goku greeted the two as he pulled up in front of them, "Good to see you two are alive."

"Dad. W. . . .why are. . . are. . . y. . you. . . . ." Gohan stuttered unable to continue his sentence because the sight of Vegeta horrified him beyond reason.

"Why am I holding her? Well Gohan. . . . . its a long story. I'll tell it to you later." Goku said shifting the saiyan princess to a more comfortable position.

"Gee. . . man Goku. I wonder what happened to her. When I first saw that she was the one who arrived here. . . I almost went up to her and said, "Hey welcome back!". But then that big dude planted those cabbage things and it killed Yamcha and Tien and Chaoutzou. . . . man . . . . . ." Krillen shook his head, "Hey, how'd you get her all unconscious anyway? She doesn't look that injured enough."

"Well you see, back when we were still young she taught me this technique in which you can knock someone unconscious by grabbing this specific area of the neck. So I used it on her."

"WHAT?!?!?! You two actually KNEW her when she was young?! But then why'd she try and kill us!? But why'd she. . . . I'm confused!" Gohan said grabbing a side of his head.

"Like your dad told you Gohan its a long story - no - make that a VERY long story once we've interrogated Vegeta here." Krillen said, "Meanwhile why don't we get back to Roshi's and reassure everyone we're alive."

"Amen to that." Goku said, and the three of them sped back to the small island.

|_--*--*--*--*--*--*--*- / E (- E T / -*--*--*--*--*--*--*--_|

"GOHAN GOKU!!!!" Chi Chi yelled out joyously running up to them, but stopped short when she saw who her husband was holding in her arms, she quickly shifted from being overjoyed to being blindly hateful.

"Hi Chi." Goku said curtly, he brushed past the raven haired woman without a second glance and walked up to Bulma. "Recognize her?" the question was rhetorical.

Bulma put a hand on the petite saiyan's forehead, "She doesn't remember does she? We were all watching the TV then through Baba's crystal ball and. . . . What did Turles do to her?"

Vegeta grunted her head jerking sharply hitting Goku hard in the ribs, "Ow! Ow! Owwwwwww!! Jayzus, she even fights in her sleep!" The larger saiyan walked painfully into the house, with Bulma in tow, and set the sleeping princess down onto a couch. "Ow. . ." He grabbed his chest. Though he'd already been exposed to much more painfully injuries this one hurt him a lot because he'd already been repeatedly hit in the spot.

"Goku! Why the heck did you bring that. . . that . . . MURDERER here?! For crying out loud she tried to kill you!!" Chi Chi said stomping into the house glaring balefully at Vegeta.

Goku rubbed his ribs, "Something's wrong with her - "

The Ox princess interrupted, "I'LL SAY!!! She's a homicidal, malevolent, heinous, profligate, bitchy, sluttish, hell-bound, and a hooker!!"

Goku's eye twitched, he snarled dangerously at his 'wife', "Chi Chi will you kindly do me a favor and . . . ROT IN HELL!!!!"

Chi Chi and Bulma both gawked at the larger saiyan, "I. . . I. . . you. . . I'm going to go check on Gohan now." The raven haired woman said after a moment of silence. She trampled out the door unaware of the fact that everyone else, especially Gohan, had heard.

"Stupid bitch." Kakarrot muttered under his breath. He sat down on the floor and rubbed his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~* G () | U *~~~~~~~~~~

"Well well. Computer analysis shows that there are some memory gaps here and here", Dr. Briefs said pointing to certain areas on the computer printout of Vegeta's brain. "And in these regions of Vegeta's brain are the areas of which her adolescence memories should be located, but there have been major memory lapses from the duration of time that she escaped from Frieza to the time she left with Turles. Meaning that either, A; Someone erased her memories from that period of time purposely or B; She hit her head and forgot. Which I highly doubt since these memory lapses were more explicit to her late teen years, leaving it to say that someone did purposely erase her memories."

Krillen scratched his head, one of his arms was in a cast and he had lots of bandages on same with Gohan. Goku had a bunch of bandages on and a had a cast on his leg, he needed crutches to get around, Piccolo looked as fine as before the battle and the only reason why he was there was because Vegeta had been one of the few people out there he truly considered a friend.

Vegeta crossed her arms and sat back in her chair eyes closed, "So basically Someone, supposedly Turles, erased my memories of earth. But if so why?"

Bulma looked at Goku with a look that said 'Well-say-something!' Goku returned with a 'What-the-hell-should-I-say-that-would-make-sense-to-her?'. The male saiyan looked around Dr. Briefs' lab avoiding Mrs. Briefs', Gohan's, Krillen's, Piccolo's, and Bulma's expectant looks for an explanation..

With an exasperated sigh Piccolo tapped Vegeta lightly on the shoulder and motioned her with a finger into the hallway. Everyone else in the room could vaguely hear the two aliens conversing in an alien language, most likely namek. The duo returned shortly.

Vegeta plopped down on a folding chair and glared at everyone surrounding her, "How do I know this isn't a trick? That you aren't lying to me? I have a lot of enemies out there, how do I know that you people aren't hired by any of them?" she said dryly.

"Well. . . I guess you'll just have to trust us. . . ." Goku started.

"Trust you and them? Humph. Look Kakarrot I've trusted people before and all it got me in was a bunch of injuries, near fatal accidents and so on, if I'm to trust you then I'd need a certain solid reason to go on. People who just say that they're trustworthy doesn't appeal to me, in short you must earn my trust." Vegeta said firmly.

"Look if we were really going to kill you then do you honestly think you'd still be alive?!" Bulma said standing up hands on her hips.

Vegeta snorted, "Not all my enemies want to kill me. Some want to use me for breeding the 'ultimate fighting race' , others want to torture me slowly and painfully, some others still may want to kill me themselves."

Bulma sighed and momentarily looked up at the ceiling, "Look Vegeta, if we wanted to capture you in the first place then why didn't we just ship you off to your enemies while you were unconscious?"

"Because in some cultures I know, when you bring someone to a certain planet you MUST bring them willingly or else the planet will send the unwilling one will be sent back to the place it desires to be. And there are certain religions out there which my enemies practice in which the victim must also be brought willingly for gawd-knows-what-reason." Princess said, "Furthermore, if I did once know you all then shouldn't I be able to vaguely recognize you in a sort of foggy sense? Shouldn't I look at you and go "Oh I think I know you from somewhere but I can't remember where from?" "

"Well I can answer that." Dr. Briefs said before his daughter could open her mouth, "You see whomever erased your memory did a pretty good job of it. Every bit of your memory of your stay on earth was erased."

"Yes, but shouldn't I have instinctive yet vague memories of this place? Shouldn't my brain look at your daughter," Vegeta cocked her head in Bulma's direction, "and think oh she looks very very very familiar? Shouldn't I just very faintly remember her? After all if they were to erase every bit of memory I had on earth they'd have to kill me wouldn't they? Because it would be damned impressive if they could erase every bit of memory I had here on this planet, but it would also be totally impossible to remove all that info registered in my brain. Therefore I should have instinctive yet unconscious thoughts, about this place, shouldn't I?"

"Hmmmm. . . interesting thought. Where did you get such a notion from?" Dr. Briefs asked twisting his mustache.

The female saiyan smirked, "I was a good little girl who did her homework." She said in a mocking little girl voice. She curved her tail around her waist and closed her eyes, suddenly they flew open Vegeta jumped up eyes open, "Where is my ship?!" she questioned in a firm hard voice.

"Um. . . well it exploded. . . . ." Bulma said nervously. She sat down nervously and played around with the hem of her shirt.

Vegeta's eyes bugged out, "My ship EXPLODED?!?!?!" Her voice was loud almost frantic.

"Well. . . . you see . . . . I found the remote thing for your saiyan ship and . . . ."

The princess had a blank look on her face that was positively unreadable, "Let me guess, you pushed the orange button on the far right and it self- destructed. What about Nappa's ship?" she said flatly.

Bulma sucked in some air and looked up guiltily at the interrogating saiyan, "Well you see. . . . I . . . I took it apart. . . ."

Vegeta closed her eyes tight and tried in vain to control her breathing, "You took Nappa's ship apart and destroyed my ship. Jayzus!! Why don't we just all drown ourselves next, huh?!?!?!?" she started pacing.

"What do you mean by that?" Bulma asked sharply.

"Frieza, this asshole that is my boss, is probably on Namek, right now as I speak, looking for the dragon balls." Vegeta's tail lashed out violently from side to side, "He's going to wish for immortality - I know he is, then after that he's gonna try and become the all mighty ruler of this damned universe."

"You mean Namek? My home planet?" Piccolo standing erect.

"Better believe it." The princess snarled, "Worse yet if I go barging in up there chances are he's going to use my son as a hostage if I try to stop him." her tail whipped about and broke the chair, she was sitting in awhile ago, in two.

"SON?!?! YOU HAVE A SON?!" Goku said incredulously, his hopes for getting back with Vegeta dropped dramatically after that comment.

Vegeta whipped around and glared hard and coldly at Kakarrot, making him look away, "YES. I do have a son. Vrone, 9 years old, male, blackish blue eyes, reddish black spiky hair, long black tail, and a scar that runs from his neck to his right ear." She started pacing again, "What the hell am I gonna do now?!"

If my calculations are right. . . . . Vrone should've been born around the time. . . . oh gawd is he mine?! Goku thought, maybe he did have a chance after all.

"I believe I may have the answer." Everyone turned to the doorway where Kami was standing.

"What is it then?! Spit it out, I haven't got all day!!!" the saiyan said her tail thrashing even more violently about.

"Well, I know of a namekian spaceship I most likely used to get here on earth. I'm not positively sure if it works though." The Guardian Of Earth said slowly.

"WELL?!?! Show it to me!!" Vegeta almost shouted.

"Calm down my child. You must have patience."

The saiyan princess couldn't take it anymore, her patience had been running out at the beginning and now she'd totally lost it. She stood up walked over to Kami and gripped him by the collar of his shirt, she just exploded, "PATIENCE!?!?! PATIENCE!?!?! I'VE RUN OUT OF PATIENCE OLD MAN!! MY SON IS UP THERE WITH. . . . . WITH THAT FUCKING HORNY FREAK OF NATURE!!!! GAWD ONLY KNOWS IF HE'S SAFE!! AND IF YOU HONESTLY THINK FOR ONE LOUSY SECOND THAT I HAVE ANY MORE PATIENCE IN ME THEN YOU HAVE ANOTHER THING COMING!!!!!!!!!" Vegeta shook with uncontrollable rage, she took deep breaths and tried to calm herself down, her hands were clenched in tight fists and if she didn't have her gloves on you'd see that they were as white as the colour white. She let go of the guardian and for a brief moment you could almost see that there was a scared look in her eyes, the scared look of a frightened little 5-year-old girl being threatened by a hydrophobic dog, but that was only for a moment and only Kami saw.

Kami was silent for a moment regarding the furious saiyan a while longer with a somber expression on his face, "Yes, I am sorry that I agitated you so much, after all your son is in the hands of the enemy. Yes come I shall show you where the ship is - but you only." With that Kami walked out into the hallway with Vegeta at his wake.

***____________________ |] E |= @ |= / E T |-| // E ( |-| Q U / ____________________***

Bet you didn't see that coming! R & R.