Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Are Forgotten, But Never Lost ❯ Goodbye Vrone ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Defafaeth: Oh please! If I did hate you then I would've just deleted this story and not even bothered to continue. Now THAT would make all of you fans of my fic hate ME. But of course somewhere deep down in this dark twisted demented psychopathic evil devious soul of mine there is a teeny tiny incy wincey bit of goodness in my heart. What can I say? No one's pure evil. Hope you all had a very Merry Hairy Christmas I know I didn't! LOL =P

________________________________________________________________ _______________

Goku groaned when he finally awakened, he looked around with dazed eyes. He looked at himself and found that he was tied to a stake 5 feet off the ground half hanging all his energy gone and a harrowing pain pierced his cranium. The saiyan looked up and saw that Vegeta too was also tied up in the same fashion across from him, head bowed unconscious. "Ve. . .geta. Wake. . . up."

The princess stirred and looked up weakly through shadowy eyes, Vegeta groaned when she felt her wrists were bound by thorn covered vines unlike that of Kakarrot's. "Where are we?" She asked in a raspy voice.

"I don't know. But whatever happens. . . . . I won't let them kill you." Goku answered hoarsely.

"Good you are both awake. . . . . time now to perform the sacrifice. . . . ." The two saiyans looked down to see 5 Quets without a cloak. It was the first time either saw one, they were Krillen-sized (A/N: DON'T ASK!) wingless dragon like creatures that were each a different shade of red. The one that spoke was a pinkish red colour

"Now," The red blood one turned to Vegeta, "Princess. My dear. Will you now consider drinking the potion?"

"Yes, I'll consider it, hmmm. Yes! NO!" the princess snapped.

{How can she find humour in a situation like this?!} Goku thought bewilderedly.

"I see you choose the hardest way to go about it." A magenta red Quet said. The red blood one crawled up the back of the thick stake Goku was tied onto and drew out a dagger placing just under the saiyan's chin. "Now my dear. Will you consider? Or should I just give your friend here a nice little haircut just below the neck?!"

"No!" Goku yelled. "Let them kill me! You want me dead anyway!"

"Yeah, yeah I do!" Vegeta snapped, "But I want to kill you."

Goku tried again, "But you don't even care about me! Just let them kill me! I don't have anything to lose!"

"Except your son." The saiyan princess said, voicing out the other saiyan's thought. She sighed {Life used to be so much easier to understand. Dangerous yet understandable.}. "Fine take me, just let him go. Someone needs to take care of Vrone. Besides you're gonna kill me anyway so might as well just leave one outta two to live." Vegeta closed here eyes and sent a mental message to her son through their link. [Sorry brat. I'm gonna be gone soon. Forgive me son, I never was a good mother. Just hope you can forgive me for all my faults and frequent iniquities. I hope to see you in Velusidar, just remember the steps to the ritual and your place up there will be secured then we'll be able to see your grandfolks. Unless they'll accept you in places higher up, you still have that chance that I will never have. I just wish I were a better model while you were young instead of the cold hearted person I am and will probably always be. It wasn't very fair of me to push you to study and train and spy for me, I'm sorry. I'm very sorry. Good bye son. Kakarrot will take you on, he'd want it that way. And - she said something in saiyan tongue - , don't you ever forget that . . . . Vrone.]

_______________________

Vrone sighed as he read the same fiction story on the same reading slate - he'd been in the replica of his room for over 3 hours. "Can't I leave yet?! I didn't fire the blast you know, Swelo did. I just deflected it so it wouldn't hit me." The saiyan prince was stuck in the saiyan-escape proof room with nothing to do. It was a guest room with a bed, desk, dresser, closet, computer and no windows.

"Frankly I don't believe a word you say!" Bulma's voice came crackling over the PA in his room. Dr. Briefs and his daughter were in the monitor room monitoring Vrone in a saiyan-escape proof room. "I know for a fact that you and me dad had a fight the other day, how do I know you didn't 'intentionally' refract that blast to hit my dad?!"

"Because if I wanted to I would've just blasted him. I wouldn't have cared if you called the cops because they wouldn't have been able to do a thing to harm me and keeping me in a room like this would be absolutely stupid! I can escape this so-called inescapable shit hole just by using that computer there. So long as it's connected to your network and even then I could just use this reading slate to override the command grid and open the door. Worse I could hack into your stupid company files and give it over to rivaling companies. I don't have any need to stay here at your 'generously huge yet humble abode neither. My mother just requested it of me so that she'd know where to look just as soon as she came back to take me off to some other planet. Which won't be long either!" The small saiyan snapped, "My mother taught me well."

Bulma was speechless and pissed {How dare he talk to me like that! Oh! He sounds just like . . . like. . . Vegeta! No duh Bulma, after all Vegeta IS Vrone's mom!}.

"Now, now dear. I'm sure Vrone didn't mean to divert the blast to me. After all - " Dr. Briefs started.

Bulma interrupted him, "Dad. If that Vrone is anything like his dear ol' mom then I'll bet you a bucketful of my hair that he PURPOSELY did that to try and kill you!"

"Better pay up to your old dad, hag lady 'cause he just won the bet." Vrone drawled knowing perfectly well that the blue haired scientist treasured her 'beloved hair' more than anything - aside from her friends.

Bulma grabbed the speaker and shouted, "Why you little shrimp! I ought to beat the living crap outta you! Because you're just a sniveling freak of nature. . . . . ." But Vrone wasn't listening.

The saiyan boy blinked as he tried to comprehend all the things his mother had just sent him. After the meaning sunk in he frantically sent her a mental message back. [Mom no. . . no. . . mom. . . . . please. You were - no- ARE the best, I wouldn't know all the useful things I know now if you hadn't pushed me to the best of my ability and then beyond. I love you too ma. Don't leave now. I still need you. . . . . Mom? MOM?!] Vrone slunk in his chair on the verge of tears as his link with his mother died.

_______________________

Vegeta sighed as the link between her and her only child vanished. {It will be less painful this way. He won't feel the pain any longer and when I die it won't hurt as much as it really will.} she thought wistfully. The princess remembered painfully what it was like to be torn of a link when someone died suddenly, it didn't feel like your heart was being torn away . . . no . . .it was a trillion times worse. . . . All saiyans felt that way when their mother's died suddenly and had no time to just cut the link.

"Very wise choice. Of course we'll let your friend go." The Quet said in an unconvincing tone.

"Vegeta! Don't do this! They're just gonna kill me as soon as you drink - "

"Shut the hell up Kakarrot!" Vegeta snapped irritably, "Look I know what I'm doing. When they let you go just go straight to safety and when you return to Earth take care of my brat. He's the only one I have left so you better not hurt a hair on his head or I'll come back from the grave to kill you." she turned to the Quets below her and spoke something in their tongue which caused them to gasp and nod their head rapidly.

The dragon like cretins untied the two and tied ropes around their necks and arms then they made of through the caves with the two saiyans trailing behind. The Quets holding the ropes and tugging impatiently at their slowness.

"Vegeta please listen. I don't want you getting killed. It'll kill me to know you died and I could've stopped your death from happening but didn't! Please don't go through this!" Goku hissed.

"Piggles I've already decided don't try to change the inevitable." The saiyan princess said exasperated.

"But Crabby I - " Goku nearly stopped, "What did you call me?" He squinted his eyes.

"I've remembered ever since the day I recovered from my escape. I suppose my memories were lost, but never forgotten." Vegeta gave her companion a crooked grin. "I wanted to surprise you later but then I never did find any good opportunities to do so."

"I . . . . how come whenever we start getting close something always comes up to drag us apart?" the saiyan asked clearly irritated.

The princess shrugged, "We're lucky I suppose." She rubbed her cheek against his chest and sighed. "Oh well we'll be together in the after life."

Goku grinned and nuzzled the smaller saiyan, "Love ya babe."

_______________________

"Yessss. . . She will be mine and I WILL rule all." Satan said gloating over his all too near victory. "Do you hear that God?! I WILL CONQUER YOU!!!!!" The evil one laughed insanely before he settled down to watch through the crystal ball all that lay ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I sign off I just want to apologize to God Himself and to all of you whom I've offended. Thank you.