Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Author's Note:
Hello and greetings all my loyal readers, please forgive my disloyalty to Sesshoumaru-sama, but I have been so…preoccupied, not to mention the fact that my computer absolutely REFUSES to let me update my stories. And so here I am, desperately trying to reach you through the perilous connection of Wireless Internet. Ah yes, if it surprises you, this is not my first Dragon Ball Z fanfic, but it IS the first to feature Cell as a main character, mostly because I have been inspired by an excessively well done story. I thank the Author of this story, who likely knows who they are if they are reading this. Please feel free to tell me of any mistakes made in this story, and I will attempt to fix them as soon as possible. Without further delay, on with the story!
 
Wish Mistress
 
Chapter 1: Introductions
 
Silence caressed the unmoving figure like a tangible thing. The silence had stretched for only a short period of time, after the last of the screams had faded into the echoing atmosphere. That stretch, however brief, felt like hours to the still figure as the soft hands of the wind caressed dark violet tresses, flinging them carelessly over the lithe shoulders of this creature. The figure entertained thoughts of feeling the hands of the recently deceased children in the wind, but dismissed it. There were no spirits lingering here, they had all been absorbed. All been taken before their time by a creature that was not meant to be.
 
But this was not the concern of this creature. Slowly the silhouetted figure began slow, smooth movements down and toward the ominously quiet city. A place where only hours before life had been bursting forth. The shape of this creature's bodice was lost in the infinite folds of a concealing cloak, dark against the relatively pale tone of the beast's skin. As the setting sun ceased its dramatic illumination, the creature could be deciphered as female, a delicate jaw-line, violet, accented eyes matching her tresses in both depth of color, and beauty. The calm was not broken by anything so sloppy as a foot fall as this incarnation of physical beauty made her own way to the city.
 
Abandoned clothes twitched forlornly in the breeze, the small hisses they emitted seeming to speak to the female.
 
Left us…Alone…Abandoned…Betrayed…Betrayed…Be… ;tra …
 
The mantra drifted in and out of existence, deep violet eyes scanned the terrain, seemingly unmoved by such a tragic scene. As stated before, it was none of her concern. The only reason this cold being had ventured this way, was because she was being hunted. And her hunters had seemed hesitant to pursue her to this place. Not that this was any fault of theirs, this place made even this creature of beauty and ice tense in anticipated worry. Whatever had done this…would it still be hungary? Would it make an attempt upon her life as well, and add another hunter to the chase? Mentally the beastess shook herself.
 
Do not be ridiculous, why would it waste time and energy chasing something it would never catch? This thing may be ravenous, but it is far from stupid. Slowly the female halted and turned her head toward a tall, slender viridian colored creature, with black patches waylaid across the skin, and a chiseled chest. Something along the lines of a beak served as its mouth, and its eyes were a bright magenta. A long, lithe snakelike tail tipped with a wicked barb ejected from two seeming wings, almost cockroach like in their build. The aura surrounding the creature was stupendous, and the female had to rethink her previous assumption of him never catching her.
 
But then, what more could he possibly want, with all that power?
 
“Out for an evening stroll, are we?” Questioned the creature in a low, husky voice. Her eyes did not leave his.
 
“One could say that, if one wished.” Replied the cold-seeming female as the wind picked up once more, tousling her cloak and pulling at her hair before calming once more into a gentle tug. The creations tail twitched slightly.
 
“I suppose one could say a lot of things. But what do you say?” A smirk was plainly evident on the creations beak, and the cold female felt one tugging at her own lips as well. It had been such a very long time, since she and humor had met.
 
“Yes. A stroll.” Why not? She added sarcastically within her mind, feeling her eyes dance with amusement. A gleam caught in the magenta orbs of the creature across from her, and its tail twitched once more.
 
“Tell me, how did you escape my notice before. You do not seem to be the type to hide, no matter what the cost.” And I would not be so sloppy as to overlook a meal. The beak parted in something akin to a smile, but much less benign.
 
Bold. This Creation has known me for less than a minute, and already it presumes to judge what I would and would not do? Bold. Again the corners of her mouth twitched upwards in an amused grin. A record, two humorous smirks in less than thirty seconds.
 
“It is impolite to judge a stranger.” The female pointed out, allowing the hilarity to color her once cold voice. The unkind smile upon the lips of the Creation broadened.
 
“Well then, please forgive my rudeness and allow for introductions. I am called Cell.” He bowed mockingly to the warming beastess before him.
 
“I am called many things, but my original name is Icés.” She returned the gesture, more genuinely than the one called Cell. “I assume you wish to devour me, much in the fashion of these unfortunate souls?” A delicate hand emerged from the infinite folds of her obsidian cloak and gestured gracefully to the empty clothes.
 
“Oh you are a clever one, aren't you?” Cooed Cell. “I take it you will be leaving now?”
 
“No. I believe I wish to stay, if only a little longer.” She replied, “if, indeed, you wish to consume me, than you shan't find it easy.” The young female shrugged out of the cloak, which fell harmlessly to the cement, revealing a long flowing dress, matching her eyes and hair, which hugged her figure on the upper half, but loosened to hang somewhere around her midriff.
 
“Fancy wear, for a stroll through the city.” The two of them exchanged humor once more, but the female did not deign to reply. Instead she took up a fighting stance and allowed the smirk to plaster itself more prominently across her features. Without warning the Creation called Cell charged at Icés who swiftly leapt to the side and brought her leg around, only for the viridian creature to dodge her kick, and part his beak in chortling laughter as he glanced up his opponents skirt. The female's mouth drew downward in an annoyed frown, but she made no comment, instead concentrating on dodging the next attack thrown at her by this creation that was not meant to be. Unfortunately she was just a little too slow and huffed out a quiet exclamation, before bringing her foot around once more and plowing it into the side of this creatures head. He flew a little ways before catching his feet on a nearby sky scraper and propelling himself at the female hard enough to crack the building behind him.
 
Again the beastess leapt upward, her eyes narrowing as the green creature called Cell followed her, a strange type of Kai surrounding him as he matched her leap and then overtook her.
 
He possesses flight? How…? What is this? She dismissed the thousand questions raised by her mind, smiling on the inside. This planet offers many lovely mysteries, perhaps I shall return…someday. The female sensed something brush like a feather across her mind, barely able to register above the rushing blood in her ears, but there, nonetheless.
 
All at once she straightened, effortlessly dodging an aerial kick and leaping a surprising distance back and away from the one called Cell.
 
“Enough of this playful banter, my pursuers grow near, I thank you for this welcome distraction, and hope to meet again.” The female then stooped slightly to whisk her cloak from the ground and don it once more. “Stay safe, One Called Cell.” In a swift motion her Kai shot up and a golden light appeared, like a rip through the worlds. The female stepped through and disappeared, the portal winking out of existence behind her. Leaving a very befuddled but no longer bored Cell in her wake.
 
Not two instants after the strange female left, several men came up the walk, a strange glowing, vaguely spherical device in hand. They seemed to be arguing quietly amongst themselves, and Cell's sensitive ears picked up their conversation.
 
“She was here hardly thirty seconds ago! Grab the Rift, and open it back up! We'll get that bitch this time!” Growled a man dressed in strange, brightly colored and loose fitting clothes. The three cronies behind him pressed several buttons on the strange glowing object that pulsed strangely. A strange screeching began and the golden portal reopened, only now it was a horrid parody of what it once was, the edges were worn, the very center was the color of sickly overcooked eggs and the outsides like dying daffodils.
 
Sensing an oppurtinity to feed on slightly more powerful than average kai, Cell whipped his tail around and stabbed the largest of the four while they were distracted.
 
Idiots. Chuckled the android silently as the other three released startled screams and rushed through the portal, disappearing the same way Ices had.
 
“Very…strange…” Purred Cell as he turned back to his task of finding Android 17 and 18.