Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Berries and Caves and Succubi Oh my! ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This was almost too much for them to handle.
 
This was not worth being full.
 
This was not worth being warm.
 
And this was definitely not worth the fact that they were immortal.
 
The villains whom had ingested Recoom's found meal doubled over in agony, attempting to absorb the warmth of the precariously flickering fire in the center of the room. The only one unaffected being the prideful Cell, whom had no reason to eat, and therefore did not have the misfortune to eat the poisoned berries. The firelight danced over his figure, throwing his face into sharp contrast, and shading his eyes almost to nonexistence.
 
“I am going to kill you…once I'm done dying.” Burter growled from his squatting position in the cavern, his blue hide black in the darkness beyond the firelight. Recoom stuck out a green berry-stained tongue at the blue giant, said giant attempted to shoot to his feet in outrage, only to double over and fall upon his face.
 
“Damn…Recoom where did you find those berries.” Frieza hissed between breaths.
 
“Um…near a bunch of white weird shaped rocks and sticks, they looked like they were connected, almost like bones.” Answered the idiot as he scratched his slightly recovered scalp.
 
“Those were bones you imbecile!” Screeched a non-too-happy Frieza before doubling over once more.
 
Poor, poor children A feminine voice echoed throughout the cave, putting them all on edge. Did you eat some bad berries?
 
This voice was not one they recognized, but it seemed to be everywhere at once. Cell scowled about the cave, casting his powers forth to detect any unusual kai readings. He picked up a slightly higher than average reading near the back of the cavern, and pivoted on his heel to face the threat. The rest of the villains attempted to strike intimidating poses while still suffering from the effects of the green berries.
 
The voice laughed merrily at them.
 
Oh children, children, children I am not here to harm you. I am here to help you. The voice emerged from the shadows, seeming almost human, save for two reptilian eyes, and patches of scales mixed with her skin.
 
“W-who the hell are you?” Frieza demanded, wincing with the strain of keeping himself upright while speaking.
 
“Oh, do forgive me, my name is ----“ At this she made an intelligible noise at the back of her throat. “But you may call me Shles.” Her eyes glinted maliciously. “You seem to have taken refuge in my cave, but I don't mind. I simply loathe being alone for too long.”
 
“What does this have to do with us?” King Cold growled from his position closest to the intruder. The female grinned.
 
“You are very entertaining children, I would like to help you.” She reached out a strangely glistening hand and attempted to touch the fallen King.
 
That was when the precarious fire flared to life and the kind female was pinned to the wall by a less gentle, but more known figure. Ices.
 
“These males are mine Succubus, I suggest you find your meal elsewhere.” The dragoness hissed, tightening her grip upon her rival's throat.
 
“An underdeveloped dragon hatchling attempting to order me?” The kindness was gone from the succubus' voice, and the soul-sucker began to change. The once beautiful curles in her blonde hair turning iron gray, as her silvery patches of skin extended to cover her entire wrinkled being.
 
“I attempt only to preserve your limited existence.” Shot the `hatchling' her eyes daring the rival to challenge her. Shles narrowed her eyes before taking air into her slit nostrils, she grimaced in disgust.
 
“You are a half breed!” The succubus growled before pushing Ices away from herself.
 
“And yet I am full dragon.” Her wings flared, and the fire seemed to react, brightening once more and throwing the room into a blaze of flickering shadows.
 
“So the legends come alive?” Shles seemed more curious than frightened, her amber eyes glinting in the firelight. “I can scent the magic within your soul, it is enough to confirm my theory.”
 
“I should kill you, for attempting to suck souls that are not yours.” Snorted the dragoness, relaxing only slightly.
 
“And you should not be alive, though I am curious as to how you managed to find such…rare specimens as these?” Her eyes floated to Cell and she eyed him hungrily.
 
“It is none of your concern, Succubus. Now leave.” Ices tensed once more and the soul-sucker eyed her curiously, before laughing.
 
“I get it now!” Her body posture changed, “you do not want me to end their suffering because you are teaching them a lesson!” The succubus enjoyed another bout of laughter before turning back to the shadows. “An amusing bunch of children, these. I shall respect your orders, but morn the day that I lost the chance at their souls.” Chuckling to herself the succubus vanished, leaving the villains and Ices alone together.
 
“Teaching us a lesson?” Growled Frieza, “I suppose it was you who pointed the berries out to Recoom?”
 
“No, the idiot managed to bumble into those on his own.” She raised her lips in a half-smile of amusement before it vanished and a quiet fury replaced her humor. “But the one I'd like to punish the most seems to have escaped the wrath of karma.” Her eye fell on the smirking Cell.
 
“Punishment for what?” Recoom blurted. The dragoness snorted in contempt.
 
“For taking my charity for granted. I am not entitled to transport you with me, it is not necessary for me to feed you, or keep you out of trouble. I choose to do so, and will not be talked down to, or taken advantage of any longer.” Her eyes traveled around the cavern, the unspoken words hanging in the backs of all their minds, is that clear? So strong was this subliminal message that Burter was compelled to murmur that yes she had been perfectly clear in her orders, but refrained. Barely.
 
“And so what is it that you want us to do about this?” Cell growled, already knowing the impossible answer.
 
“I wish for you to apologize.”