Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Sweet, Sweet karma ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cell blinked at the empty space that used to be Ices, and growled lightly in the back of his throat, a scowl overcoming his features, all trace of her energy had gone, but he was sure she was still on the planet, after all the Rift had never opened. His eye fell upon the stunned group behind him, and his eyes narrowed into a glare.
 
“Well? What are you waiting for! Find her!” The android growled, his energy flaring impatiently. The two soldiers gulped and scattered, both taking different directions to search. Frieza snarled to himself before powering up and jetting off to find the escaped female. King Cold did not move, simply seating himself upon the ground with his customary grimace in place.
 
Cell's mind raged against the barriers of his skull, bested by a female. To what depths had he sunk now? She had tricked him, and he knew it wasn't because she was more clever than he. No, nothing could be smarter than perfection. And he was perfection. It was because he had liked the way her violet orbs sparkled up at him, he had liked, the submissive body language she had been communicated, and he had liked the fact that she was submitting to him and him alone.
 
Powering up the android took off, gouging a hole in the surface of this planet with the force of his fury. He pushed his senses outward, feeling for any hint of her energy, there he felt it! His mind wrapped around the energy, only for it to slip through its fingers like water. So she was still here, he had been right. But then, why? If they could not catch her, could she not simply vanish through one of her portals and leave them stranded here? Or worse, she could even materialize and hold them paralyzed with her strange energies. Those pulsating fascinating waves of kai that pushed at your weak points and dulled your senses.
 
 
After a sweep of the entire planet Cell landed in the midst of the other villains. Of course they had not searched seriously, how could they without the ability to sense and feel energies?
 
“We didn't see her.” Frieza inputted. Cells mind laughed bitterly at this, of course they didn't, she was on a different plane of existence. Not entirely here. Almost as if she were halfway between two dimensions.
 
“She is still on the planet.” Cell replied, keeping the anger to himself. He had to keep a level head, and that would be hard to do if he got these imbeciles riled up.
 
“I'm hungry.” Complained Recoom, as he plopped down on a patch of grass.
 
“Then eat something.” Burter replied.
 
“There's nothing to eat.” Growled the barbarian.
 
“Then find something.” Cell cut in irritably, already tired of his voice.
 
“Where am I going to…” The barbarian stopped mid-sentence as a dog-sized almost horse-like creature came into view. Its long mule-like ears twitched at the villains before it proceeded to strip the leaves from a nearby shrub. Recoom's mouth began to water as he got to his feet and charged at the animal, only for it to disappear from sight and reappear atop the cliff where it continued grazing.
 
Cell quirked an eye-ridge, that was…unexpected. Burter barked out a laugh.
 
“Recoom you idiot, can't you catch a tiny thing like that?” He chortled before phasing out and back in behind the creature, and attempted to grab it. Unfortunately his hands closed on empty air, as the horse-creature disappeared from sight all-together.
 
“Ices always made it look so easy.” Recoom whined. Cell narrowed his eyes, suddenly remembering. Was that why she was sticking around? To observe their predicament without her? What would it take to get her back here? He couldn't beg, that was unbefitting, and he refused to humble himself to anyone. Especially not to her.
 
And indeed that was exactly what the dragoness was awaiting, a full fledged apology from the proud, almost impossible android. But she did not disagree with having her fair share of fun while waiting around. And watching these bumbling oafs fail in hunting the easiest prey was definitely worth the anger that would likely face her once the android swallowed enough pride to apologize. If it didn't choke him on the way down, she just might accept.
 
True, she could leave them now and be completely free once again, but after almost three centuries of solitary travel, guests were welcome, even guests so evil and annoying as these. Aside from that, they amused her, and what was eternal life without amusement?
 
She would greatly enjoy watching them suffer.
 
 
 
Authors Note:
 
Yes, Ices is a bit of a sadist, and she does like Cell, in her own, twisted sort of way. Then again, Cell's feelings are a bit twisted too. I could have some fun with this. I'm sorry for such a short and slightly boring chapter, but we need to get thoughts and feelings out of the way sometimes, don't we. Please review, with your criticism, flame, or support. All are welcomed.