Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Escape-R-us ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The dragoness' complexion went pale, her eyes wide and mouth slightly open as the strength of her father's protection washed over her. Why? Why would her father betray her by laying his protection so thickly upon her enemies? While she had never been intimate with the Eternal Dragon, never had she been on bad terms with him, in fact she had been under the illusion that she was a favorite of the beast. And yet here she stood before a protection charm second to none, and for who? This warrior from the Earth?
 
Of course she knew of these fighters, they protected her birth-planet, after all. But never had she expected to face them, nor to have Father side with them. Against his own flesh and blood nonetheless. Didn't he trust her judgment? Did he think she would let her wishes fall so freely into the wrong hands? Did he believe that she had lost the upper hand? Did Father have so little faith in his offspring?
 
All this ran through Ices' mind in an instant, before her instincts took over and her energies flared throughout the cavern, attempting to push the fighters back through the portal and seal it before it was too late. But it was already too late. Four of the seven figures flared brightly before their hair turned yellow and their eyes turquoise, sending the energies back at her, and knocking her against the wall.
 
“Hn. This is an immortal?” The shortest but one of the more powerful yellow-haired ones growled.
 
“Be careful Vegeta, I told you, King Yemna wanted her alive.” The one she was sure was named Goku hissed.
 
“I don't see why it matters, wouldn't King Yemna see her either way?” The second-oldest yellow-haired creature spurted. Ices growled deep in her throat before rising, keeping the Z fighters within her iris'.
 
That green one…could it be? No, impossible…and yet… Her eyes narrowed even further.
 
“Piccolo?” Her eyes flashed over the Namek, her wings tensing as she kept her energies low, almost unperceivable. The alien glared in return, a smirk forming upon his lips.
 
“Ices.” He returned, seeming to relax almost imperceptibly. “The way Goku made it sound I thought we were facing an all powerful being.” He chuckled darkly before his amused expression melted back into his usual scowl.
 
“Do not mock me. Though your powers have grown, your weaknesses are still the same.” The female touched her wings to the ground, and the villains felt the almost imperceptible tug of her energies gathering, and tensed, ready for a fight. Now that it was not them who were distracted, the villains could feel her energies slipping like sand through the tiny cracks and crevices of the others' kai, winding like smoke along their appendages before solidifying in an instant to hold the enemy paralyzed.
 
While this was happening another tendril of her magic was opening yet another portal, and she was slowly backing toward it as the Z fighters' kai kicked and fought against the females'.
 
“Woman! What have you done to us!” The hot-tempered yellow-hair bugled, his energies swelling with the effort to kick the invisible bonds off. The villains disappeared through the portal first, and the dragoness continued to hold the fighters immobile before breaking her hold to enter the portal herself.
 
In an instant Goku was flying toward her, along with the rest of the fighters, only to reach her an instant too late, as the two open portals winked out of existence.
 
“Damn!” Cursed Vegeta as he reached for the small sphere Goku held. “Hurry, open it back up before it cools!” Goku held the ball away from Vegeta, pressing random buttons.
 
“I'm trying!” Goku hissed as he swirled the buttons around.
 
“Dad you're doing it wrong!” Gohan cut in, grabbing for the device at the same time as Vegeta and knocking heads with the prince. Both fell away, their heads clutched in their hands.
 
“Got it!” Goku brought his hand down upon a certain button and the entire thing burst into pieces.
 
“Nice going Kakorott.” Vegeta snarled from his left.
 
“Do we have a back-up plan?” Krillian asked from somewhere behind Piccolo.
 
“…nope…”