Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ The Reason behind the woman ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“You? But how is that possible!?” Goku shouted, anger and surprise as well as anxiety mixed grotesquely in his voice. The dragoness snorted in contempt, she knew that the hero of Earth was very well acquainted with her father, but it wasn't surprising that Father had never told him of her. She was a disgraceful half-breed, after all. Mentally shaking herself the females jaws snapped together with an angry sound.
 
She wasn't going to answer. Luckily for the Z fighters, Piccolo could take it from there.
 
“She's the daughter of the Eternal Dragon.” The Namekian snorted, eyeing her wearily. “Bred long before Kami and the dragon made a pact through the Dragon Balls.” Can't say I'm surprised that they don't know of her, the Eternal Dragon never was much for letting others know what they didn't need to. Hell if it weren't for Kami I wouldn't even know she existed.
 
“Holy cow…” Krillian blanched, backing away from the dragoness. “H-how did that happen?!”
 
“…So she grants wishes, does she?” Vegeta's mind whirred as he pieced together her earlier story. She had granted them the wish of everlasting life… he could have her grant him whatever he wanted! Immortality, invincibility, ultimate power! They would all be his. Finally he spoke to her,“Grant me a wish.”
 
“Vegeta!” The others cried in outraged unison. The dragoness' eyes narrowed, as her ivory fangs were exposed in simmering anger.
 
No. I will not grant you a wish.” Her tail twitched expectantly as if she were waiting for a reaction. The villains were surprised to say the least, it was the first time she had flatly refused anyone, not even that humanoid that had threatened her life had received such straightforward rejection. Needless to say, Vegeta bristled.
 
How dare she refuse me!? Out of all those scum I am more than worthy to receive her wish! Not even Vegeta expected what he did next.
 
Consumed with rage at her disrespect, the saiajin prince's mind went blank, and he powered up a kai ball and fired it directly at the figures across from him. Sensing the attack an instant before it struck the female turned her back to the enemy to spread her wings protectively over the villains behind her, flattening her tail-fan and neck-webbings to minimize damages. None had thought that she would still be standing once the smoke cleared.
 
And standing she was, a bit worse for wear but not horribly incapacitated, except for one minor problem.
 
There was a gaping hole in the serpentine dragoness' back, already cauterized by the heat from the kai blast. Bone had been disintegrated, organs were exposed, the hero's could see a corner of her crimson heart beating through this new hole. Gohan and Krillian turned away, attempting not to loose their breakfast. That was when they heard the sickening noises, like bones snapping in and out of place, and mushing intestine. Unable to help their morbid curiosity the pair turned to watch with thinly veiled revulsion as bones began to reproduce and rearrange themselves, and flesh began to re-knit. Before long there was no proof that damage had ever been done to her, save for a few burns..
 
“Ignorant mortal.” Snorted Ices as she turned her head to glare over her wing at them, blood dripped steadily from her mouth, which denoted internal damage, but the dragoness did not seem to take notice. She instead opted for snarling warning to the android who moved as if to attack the opposition. . Although he was completely justified in doing so, she could not let happen. Her energies were reading those of her Father's protection…and she finally recognized them for what they truly were.
 
Father's betrayal ran deeper than she had first realized. It was not mearly a spell of protection, but beneath that, just barely concealed, was a spell of undoing. If one of her males were to aggravate that protection spell…all ties would be severed, forcing the female to break one of the most ancient laws of wish-granters…the taking back of sealed wish (1). The punishment for such a crime was instant death, and dissipation of the soul. Ices would cease to exist.
 
But that was only if one of her males aggravated the protection spell, because they did not have the proper magic with which to counter it. She on the other hand, could break this spell, with a bit of effort, and a lot of pain. She would have to do it quickly, before her males lost their patience and charged to the offensive. Before she turned away from the trio, the dragoness decided to voice her apprehensions.
 
“There is something I must take care of, it would be most unwise to rush to attack our opponents at this time. Whatever happens, do not aid me. And whatever happens, steer clear of the manifestation.” Her orders laid plainly, the dragoness launched herself straight at Goku, tensing her muscles as the anticipated electrical shock ran throughout her bodice, crackling over her scales and holding her immobile in the atmosphere for an instant before forcing her back and into the crimson-rimmed pond.
 
“What just happened?” Krillian queried, his eyebrows almost touching his hair. As last time, Krillian was ignored, as a perfect miniature of the Eternal Dragon appeared from seemingly nowhere and launched itself at the three villains, only to be intercepted by the dragoness. While this Eternal Dragon was less than a fraction of the size of the real one, Ices was still less than half his size. That did not dissuade her, she had to protect her males, her existence was nothing. Her males were everything.
 
And as the two dragons began their battle, so did the Z senshi…
 
Goku and Vegeta found themselves double teaming a fuming Cell, while Piccolo and Gohan took the hot-headed Frieza. Krillian and a teenage Trunks were left with the ever bored King Cold. Those who dealt with Frieza and King Cold, did so without mercy, and were surprised when they survived every attack thrown at them, attacks which should have vaporized them, immortality or not. Those teaming up on Cell, on the other hand, hadn't expected him to have gotten so much more powerful. Likely it was the saijin DNA within his bloodstream that had allowed such a change. The pair had their hands quite full enough, without realizing the predicament of those around them.
 
The dragoness had not lied, while they could incapacitate the villains temporarily, they could not kill them. And that was what they had come to do.
 
Ices found her body entangled with a smaller version of her father's in a horrible parody of an embrace, her fangs had found purchase under his jaw, disabling his own ability to bite for now. But his energies, much like hers, began to swirl around them in a cyclone of warring magic. This copy of her Father's only purpose was to undo what she had done, and though its magic was stronger by far than her own due to her father's prehistoric history, she had an actual brain to think with, and not magical commands.
 
It was easy enough to disable the spell before it could reach to her soul and pluck the life-chords there from her bosom. Her three pairs of talons clutched at this clone's underbelly, tearing entire belly-scales from their host, and eliciting screeches of horror. It was as she thought, this was just a mindless disciple of her father, birthed from his own aura for one purpose: To undo the existence of her offspring.
 
Why do you fight so fiercely against your own father? The Eternal Dragon's voice ferried through his creation, and Ices released her father's creation and leapt away, even as the fighters halted what they were doing to face the interesting battle.
 
I fight to keep the sanctity of my charges from being violated. I fight to keep my males alive. I fight to undo you, just as you fight to undo me.” Hissed the dragoness, crimson dripping from her mouth, whether it was her own or her Father's remained a mystery to her tongue, her tail lashed like an angry cat's narrowly missing Goku's head.
 
I did not wish to send this drone, it was required of me by the Kai. The Eternal Dragon's magical creation stood perfectly still, its crimson eyes glowing with the energies that made it up.
 
“I cannot believe you, Father! To ally yourself against your own flesh and blood with those serpent tongued traitors!? Do you no longer trust that I can handle my own dilemmas? Must my freedom and soul be forfeit?” Her voice took on a pleading note, and her eyes seemed to swim with emotion and Cell almost fell over when a tear began its worrisome trek down her cerulean cheeks.
 
The magical creation across from her seemed to sigh in resignation.
 
My precious child, you above all others know that I would never choose such a path. You above all others know how much I believe in your judgment. There was a torment in the dragon's voice that spoke to Goku, and he wondered what it was the Kai's were to try her for, and what the consequences would be. He sympathized with the dragon, to fight against one's own offspring was something that no parent should have to go through. And no child should have to face.
 
It was actually kind of funny, although this dragon outdated him by at least a few thousand years, he actually thought of her as a child. And who wouldn't? Next to the Eternal Dragon she was practically a hatchling. It was clear that the pair had a deep, if not very intimate, bond with one another, and it brought the original questions back to mind.
 
“What is it that the Kai want to try you for?” Goku voiced, keeping his senses honed on the villains as he awaited her answer. The dragoness' tail ceased its lashings and sank, almost lifeless, to the grasses. Her tears began to dry as a deeply hurt emotion shone in her eyes, it was beyond tears, beyond agonized keening. It was too deep, almost, for Goku to grasp.
 
They wish to try me…for Mother's crimes.” Her voice cracked slightly before rage built once more in her heart and she whipped her tail at the apparition of her father, dispersing it on contact with all her rage. “I am to be tried for crimes Mother committed eons ago!”
 
 
 
 
(1). A sealed wish is a wish that has already been paid. When King Cold succeeded in seducing Ices he sealed their wish. Because Ices insists upon having the price before the wish, all of them are sealed, which is both a weakness and a strength. Once a wish is sealed the granter can often forget about it, but in this case it can also be their undoing. In the ancient law of the wish granters, if a sealed wish is gone back upon the granter is shamed beyond all else and instantly killed by their own retreating magic. As further punishment their souls are then dispersed and they cease to exist, as was mentioned.
 
Author's Note:
 
 
My friend still hasn't scanned the pictures into the computer, I'm sorry. Anyhow, I hope I'm not devling too deeply into my own character, if so then I'll have to fix it somehow. If not in the rough-draft then in the final-draft of this story. But I can't fix anything if nobody tells me to do so, so please even if you despise this story, send me some fixer-uper hints so I can be lazy and not use my brain to figure it out…