Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Unexpected Alliances ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The sunlight sparkled from the scarlet trees as well as the cerulean hide of the dragoness, her jaws parted in rage, eyes glowing in malice. Sunlight also danced from the viridian hide of the android, as he spread his feet apart, ready to fight. Ices tensed, as if to spring, her tail whipplashing behind her, her web-crest raised to its full height, neck arched in challenge.
 
But suddenly her crest fell, and the malice was gone. She snorted in contempt before turning away from the high-strung android, her tail dropping to the ground as the fight suddenly left her. Cell bristled at this, but held himself in check this time, he didn't want to hurt her, after all. Or at least, he didn't want to hurt her much. Ices snorted in laughter, spraying blood in the direction of the Z fighters, seeing she had turned her back to the android.
 
Males. Always jealous over nothing. She thought to herself, how fool-hearty they become.
 
“Um…did you know that your still bleeding?” Krillian pointed out the blood streaming down her jaw. The dragoness gave the sunlit heavens a look that said: are you serious? Before turning away from the Z senshi and spreading her considerable wingspan. “I'm not sure you should be flying in your condition!” The ex-monk shouted.
 
Thank you for your concern, small one, but I am far from unwell. When your hero Goku returns, he will undoubtedly know where I am to be located. In the meantime, I ask you kindly not to disturb me.” The dragoness launched into the air, leaving a small puddle of blood where anonymous wounds had dripped.
 
“That can't be a good sign.” Krillian sighed as he prodded the liquid with the toe of his shoe.
 
Frieza and King Cold both continued to glare at Cell before powering up and launching into the air to follow the dragoness, only for them to be knocked to the ground. As they hit the ground, the female also fell from the air, a cry of agony ricocheting off the few remaining trees in the vicinity. None of the Z fighters moved.
 
“Shouldn't we help her?” Gohan asked, slightly put out.
 
“And risk a reunion with her fangs? No thanks.” Krillian crossed his arms stubbornly, before Gohan glared at him, powered up, and followed the female himself. Leaving the others to deal with Cell Frieza and King Cold on their own.
 
The half-saijin touched down near the fallen female, reaching his hand straight out to grasp one of her antlers. He was surprised even at the thickest part of her body, lying down like this she barely came up to his waist, while before she had seemed to tower.
 
Well no duh, she's built like Shenron, he looks much larger when reared up than when laying down. Gohan was snapped out of his musings by a low growl.
 
I am fine, mortal. You would to well to leave.” Her tail shuffled across the crimson grasses as she attempted to regain her feet, only to fall once more with a hiss of pain. Gohan gazed upon her foreleg to find a nasty looking bruise.
 
“You are obviously not fine, and I'm not leaving you in this condition.” The half saijin said with determination.
 
And what can you do to assist me, then?” Snarled the dragoness.
 
“I'll keep you company.” He sat on the ground next to her head, grabbing one of the violet of spikes decorating her cheek, as if to keep her there. Ices seemed to calm down.
 
Thank you, mortal.” It was hard for Gohan to tell, but she didn't sound sarcastic, which meant that she must have been sincere.
 
“You can call me Gohan.” The dragoness' lip curled slightly.
 
I thank you, Son Gohan.” The youth blushed a bit before rubbing her cheek, reveling in the smooth feel of otherwise rough-looking scales. They felt like those of a normal earth-snake, if on a larger scale. Each one gleamed like a diamond in the sunlight, reflecting prisms that were lost in the canopy of the crimson forest surrounding them.
 
“Why are you traveling with Cell and the others? From the display back there I'd say they don't treat you well.” He blurted, trying to fill the silence. The dragoness chuckled.
 
The one you call Cell is much kinder to me than you may think, and I travel with them for the same reason I lay here beside you. It pleases me to do so.” Replied Ices, as she scanned the youth beside her for a reaction.
 
“How could traveling with them please you? Their the most vile creatures in the universe! They torment others for their amusement!” Exclaimed Gohan.
 
Peace child. I can tell from the justice in your heart that you do not understand.” Her voice seemed wary, but not irritated.
 
“Then would you kindly educate me?” The annoyed voice of Gohan caused her to chortle slightly, her tail fan loosening from the scales as she relaxed.
 
One such as you can never understand what it is like to be completely alone. To be desired and yet rejected by all who pursue you. Because of what I am, of what I was born, I am condemned. But these males…these villains as you call them, they saw me as they would any other. A thing to be used. While that may have negative intones in your mind, I find it exhilarating that any would see me without judging me differently. That is why I travel with these cruel males.” Silence followed the short monologue, and Gohan used it to digest what she had said.
 
While Gohan had no idea what it would be like to be rejected for what he was while still being wanted, and in fact he both understood and was completely perplexed by the oxymoron, the half-saijin remembered a time, long before he had known Cell, before Frieza, before Vegeta. He remembered a time when he was completely alone in the wilderness, and he remembered a friend he had made.
 
Ices reminded him of that friend. He didn't know why, only that it was so.
 
The pair sat in companionable silence.
 
Meanwhile…
 
Who did that woman think she was? Pledging loyalty to any but himself? She had deserved what he had given her! He should have broken her jaw, perhaps that would have knocked sense into her!
 
You're overacting, there is no proof here that anything has happened. A voice within Cell's mind soothed. The android ground his teeth, watching the scene play out between the dragoness and the saijin.
 
It had been easy enough to slip away from the Z fighters when they were busy with the hot-headed Frieza. All too easy in Cell's competitive mind. But that didn't matter at the moment, what did matter was that the brat Gohan was resting his hand upon the jaw of his female as if it belonged there. And she did not seem to be complaining.
 
“… Cell and the others?…don't treat you well…” Cell snapped back to reality, and gnashed his teeth in silent rage. How dare that whelp presume to know how he would and would not treat the dragoness!?
 
Cell is kinder to me than you may think…travel…because it pleases me…” At her words the android relaxed a bit. She wasn't angry at him for what he had done to her. No doubt she understood why he had done it.
 
Cell's frightened anger ebbed slowly away, leaving only jealousy.
 
“How could traveling with them please you! They're the most vile creatures in the universe! They torture others for their amusement!” Shouted Gohan, Cell's anger returned once more.
 
How dare he yell at what is not his. But the android kept his ground, angry and jealous as he was, the creation was still curious as to how she would answer.
 
“…I can tell from the justice in your heart that you do not understand.” The android was relieved when his ears finally adjusted to the distance and allowed him to hear the entire conversation, instead of snips of it.
 
“Then would you kindly educate me?” Gohan sounded angry and annoyed, as well as shaken.
 
Good, let him be shaken. Cell smirked to himself, before tuning back in, cursing himself for missing the first half of her explanation.
 
“…desired and yet rejected by all who pursue you. Because of what I am, of what I was born, I am condemned. But these males…these villains as you call them, they saw me as they would any other. A thing to be used. While that may have negative intones in your mind, I find it exhilarating that any would see me without judging me differently. That is why I travel with these cruel males.” Cell became pensive at this, his shoulders stiffening in discomfort. It was true, upon their first meeting he had merely wanted to use her to finally escape Hell.
 
The dragon should be grateful I didn't see her as useless and kill her. Cell's still slightly jealous and angry mind snorted.
 
Somehow this thought did not comfort him as he had so hoped it would.