Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Goku's in for the shock of his life... ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He could deny it no longer. Cell felt inexorably, unbelievably, horribly guilty. Not particularly a new emotion since meeting the dragoness but still bitter in context. Why should he feel guilty? She had deserved what he had done for being so insolent. So then why couldn't he justify what he had done to himself, and feel content as he usually did?
 
Cell was pulled out of his musings by a small hand at his elbow, and he cursed himself for a fool for not sensing the dragoness. Oddly enough he was relieved that she had come to him, all the less pride for him to swallow when he apologized. And yes he was going to apologize…eventually. The android felt horribly for the thoughts he had envisioned, and the actions he had taken. Cell had even wondered if this would have ruined everything between them. Apparently it hadn't.
 
“Cell, what are you doing here?” Growled a perturbed Gohan from the other side of the clearing, berating himself for not sensing the android, just as the android was doing for not sensing the now humanoid Ices.
 
“Do not fret, Son Gohan, Cell will do us no harm.” Her voice was gentle once again, and Cell allowed it to soothe him as he turned his magenta eyes to the half-saijin.
 
“Leave.” He snarled at the young hero, who merely tensed for a fight at the roughly spoken word. The bristles elicited by the presence of the one whom had killed him soothed immediately when the dragoness ran her hand along the length of his arm and stepped closer to the android.
 
“It would be wise to heed him. Do not worry, he will do no harm.” The dragoness gazed over her shoulder at the saijin before he grudgingly nodded and walked away. Keeping his senses trained on the two, just in case. Once Cell decided that he was out of hearing range, he began.
 
“I am sorry, Ices.” His voice was low, and slightly forced. His muscles tensed as if he had to push it out of himself. The dragoness' already concerned gaze softened even further as she again calmed him with a touch of her hand.
 
“Do not let it get to you, Cell. Despite my past activity, I now have eyes only for you.” The dragoness smiled comfortingly to the android, who couldn't help but return the gesture. Their lips came closer together and they shared a soft kiss.
 
“That's disgusting!” Vegeta bugled from the sky above them, snapping the pair out of their revere. Ices glared at the saijin, unconsciously shifting her wings to a defensive posture, while still clinging to the strong form of Cell. Her eyes spoke unspeakable depths of loathing, and if looks could kill, Vegeta would have been dead many times over.
 
“It is no more disgusting than your acts of procreation.” Cell returned, his magenta eyes boring into the saijin prince. Vegeta bristled at this and prepared a kai blast, only for Gohan to intervene.
 
“Now, Vegeta, we need to keep them alive until Goku gets back, remember?” The half-saijin attempted to sooth. The prince seemed to hear him, and smirked, his arrogance making his statement a bit redundant.
 
“Lucky for you.” The dragoness wished then that she were permitted to grant her own wishes, because if she could the prince would be long dead.
 
Meanwhile
 
“So there's nothing we can do to help her? To get her away from the evil clutches of Cell?” Goku persisted, as the Supreme Kai continued his drink. He heaved a sigh in reply and stood.
 
“Goku, let me show you something.” The Supreme Kai stated as he lead the saijin away. Before them now was a ball, much resembling Baba's crystal ball. The Kai waved his hand over the device and Goku retched and recoiled at what he saw. “Goku, answer me honestly, does it look like she wants to be rescued?”
 
Judging by the position of her lips upon the android's and the way she melted in his embrace, Goku couldn't rightly answer `no', but he was afraid that if he opened his mouth to say `yes' he would end up spraying projectile vomit at the Kai, so he opted for nodding in its stead. With another wave of his hand the image dispersed and Goku fell to the ground panting, as if he had just finished an extremely grueling session of training.
 
“…Supreme Kai?” He said at last.
 
“Yes Goku?” Replied the Kai.
 
“Never show me anything like that again.” Gasped the Saijin.
 
“Of course, Goku.” Chuckled the Kai.
 
Author's Note:
 
Don't get my story wrong, I am not a Vegeta hater, he just seemed to fit the role I needed…and I've been wondering, am I spelling `saijin' right? All I remembered from my readings of fanfiction was that it had a `j' in it somewhere…but now I can't remember if it had a `y' or not…no matter I'll have to look it up. Anyhow as always I thank those who review, especially aquasage and Anthyrose for their detailed feedback. But also Zaya and Marcia for being here since the beginning, and following through the chaos to this point.