Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Illness... ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ices refused to give Vegeta the blessing of her struggles as he grabbed her roughly by the upper arm and tore her out of Cell's embrace. Instead she remained limp and complying, she would not give him the satisfaction of proving his strength over her. But the pain from his rough grip roared through her once unmarred arm, and she knew she would have yet another bruise to go along with the one spreading rapidly across her back and abdomen, as well as the one which had seemed to take up residence on her wrist.
 
Cell was about to open a can of whip-ass on Vegeta, before he noticed the strange symptoms of the dragoness. Not that she wasn't struggling, while it went against her nature, the android knew that she was likely weakened and that therefore meant that she would conserve her strength for as long as she could. No, what the creation had noticed was that the beastess had a look in her eye he had never seen in them before. It was a far-away look, as if she were drifting out of her body…
 
All at once the dragoness felt faint, and began to sway, her eyes not completely there as the trickle of blood from her mouth increased its flow and she fell, unconscious. The only thing holding her up, Vegeta's rough hand.
 
The villains all felt a simultaneous wave of vertigo. Frieza was the first to react.
 
“She's dying.” He recognized this dizziness as an extremely lesser variation of the feeling she had used to punish him, all that time ago. But while his face was calm, his words were tight and angry. “We must take her to my ship.” He glared at Vegeta. “Unless you want her to die.”
 
The prince snorted and tossed the limp female carelessly toward the Ice-lord, who caught her easily, if not gently. Cell growled deep in his throat, but chose not to slow the urgent ruler as he powered up and launched toward the ship. The rest, villains and senshi alike, followed.
 
After the `check up'…
 
The men leaned against walls, or sat upon the waiting benches, others simply stood with their arms crossed. One would not look away from the door. His magenta eyes glowed as if he were contemplating blowing the door up to get to the girl within. The waves continued to plague the villains, and because of the vertigo those of the Ginyu force whom had been bonded to the female had come to see `what the hell' was going on. They had only to look at the blood trickling from the female's mouth, and the burns and bruises covering her to know what had happened. When they noticed Vegeta and the other fighters, they didn't need an explanation.
 
The villains had been found. The tension in the air crackled now and then with an electric bolt from the buildup of negative kai in the room. Luckily, however, none of the villains wanted a fight. Most were too sick with the dragoness' pain, but Cell simply wanted to be left to his own musings.
 
The bruise on her arm should have healed by now, but it still looked fresh as the day she had received it…why, if she could seal up wounds on the surface did those beneath the skin continue to plague her? She had obviously never had such a problem before…and it couldn't just be that she was linked with them. There had to be some other reason…
 
“Sirs?” A meek voice squeaked from the slightly open door. All heads shot in the direction of the terrified doctor, who squealed slightly but didn't flinch…much… “Sirs, we-ah-I-that is to say—”
 
“Out with it.” Cell growled.
 
“We've found the source of her deilama.” The door opened the rest of the way to reveal the second doctor, who was much older and bolder than the first. “We've also found the reason for the internal bleeding.”
 
“Not very hard to figure out, she was injured in combat.” Vegeta spat.
 
“Yes, she was, but that was not why the bleeding was so terrible. The female has a disease of the blood, a disease called Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.” All except for Gohan looked lost.
 
“It means that her blood does not clot as it should. Because of her…peculiar talent of healing most major flesh wounds, we believe that this disease has only just recently been introduced into her system.” The doctor stepped aside to allow any who wished to see the dragoness into the room. Cell was the first through the door. Vegeta and Piccolo refused to enter.
 
Ices was suspended in a recuperation pod, many tubes attached to her body.
 
“Currently we are circulating her blood into a mutation chamber, where we will add the lost chromosome that allows clotting.” The doctor announced proudly.
 
“So she will live?” Cell queried, not bothering to gaze away from the nude form in the pod.
 
Cell didn't hear the doctor's answer.
 
Meanwhile…
 
Goku heaved a sigh of exasperation.
 
“Supreme Kai, I'm sorry but I can't go through with this, if your saying what I think you are.” The saijin plopped down in the chair across from the Kai, resting his head in his hands and massaging the bridge of his nose.
 
“And what is it that you think I've told you?” The Kai was mentally applauding himself on convincing him of the good in Ices. The dragoness was like a daughter to him, afterall.
 
“From what I understand, if we kill the villains or attempt to since they're immortal and can't die, then Ices will be subject to the pain of their deaths?” Goku's voice was haggard, he had been thinking way too much lately.
 
“Yes.” Replied Supreme Kai.
 
“But if we take Ices alive and let the other Kai's try her, then she'll cease to be?” Goku moved his hand away from his face and chose to look the Kai in the eye.
 
“Yes.” Repeated the Kai.
 
“And there is no way that we can convince them otherwise?”
 
“No.” At the Kai's reply Goku heaved a sigh and sat back in the chair.
 
“And she has never before taken an innocent life?” His voice seemed to regain some life.
 
“She herself is an innocent life, if not soul.” Replied the Kai with a shrug.
 
“Then I can't do it.” Replied the Saijin, “I cannot do what King Yemna has asked of me, which means that Cell is left free to torment as he chooses, and even if he is infatuated with Ices that still leaves Frieza and his father who are already rebuilding their empire.” Goku sighed once more.
 
“There is a way…but you won't like it.” The Supreme Kai lifted his cup and downed the rest of his drink. “The bond will be broken, and her soul preserved…if she is killed.”