Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mistress of Wishes ❯ Punished ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her eyes were unreadable, her posture loose. Ices was all the appearance of calm resignation. But inside, her soul broiled and churned like an antagonized sea, her heart crying out for the only one it seemed she could never see again.
 
Cell…
 
The dragoness had glimpsed her other bonded as they had entered the afterlife. But she was not permitted to speak to them, she was not permitted to even show herself to them. But she knew that if Cell were amongst them, he would know where she was. He had always been able to sense her…but the android had not been amongst the others. And she had not seen him.
 
Which meant he lived.
 
“Ices, you stand before us to have your soul destroyed.” Supreme Kai boomed. Ices did not look up, what did it matter? She had only two of the six Kai's on her side, and a majority vote would topple her into oblivion. She would never see Cell again…she would never witness his possessive outbursts, never again see that trademark smirk upon his delicate lips, or even taste said appendages.
 
“Have you any last words?” The Kai continued. Ices sighed slightly, her wings shuffling. The guards around her tensed as if expecting her to escape.
 
As if one who has lived so long as I would attempt to escape what is inevitable. She thought bitterly within the safety of her skull.
 
“I do.” She replied gently.
 
“Speak them.” Was that regret in his voice? Ices shook it off, it did not matter. She would not exist much longer.
 
“I wish to express my love for the one called Cell.” Her voice was broken, but her spirit rebelled against her mind's common sense. Why did she submit before these Kai? Did she not possess the same workings of magic deep within herself? She could easily break free of this place and shatter the truce she had agreed to, opening a Rift to visit her love.
 
It is pointless. Her mind would counter, What is a life of freedom when one is hunted everywhere they turn? When one must hide in the shadows? That is not a life, that is not freedom.
 
“It shall be done.” The Kai's voice was forced, the skin behind his sunglasses tight. An awkward silence elapsed, the female stood calmly, collectively, awaiting the Kai's punishment.
 
Meanwhile…
 
Gohan stood before the seven dragon balls as they pulsed with one another's energies, feeding from one another, whispering with their eerie glow. The half-saijin took one last sweep of his surroundings with his mind, the wasteland was clear. He stepped back from the spheres and extended his hands above his head.
 
“Arise Dragon!” He shouted, to the heavens, “I summon you with the power of the seven Dragon Balls!” At first it was still, and Gohan's heart plummeted, he knew that Shenron would be angry for the killing of his offspring, but he had not allowed himself to think that the beast would refuse his calls. It was an infinite moment before the balls' glow swelled one last time, and a draconian lightning bolt shot from the spheres.
 
Angry had been an understatement. The Eternal Dragon was furious. His fangs were bared, muscles tensed, and eyes glowing malice.
 
What is it that you want.” His voice was even worse, causing a tremor in Gohan's ribs.
 
“I've summoned you to grant a wish.” The half-breed's voice trembled only slightly, and the Dragon seemed to sneer.
 
What is this wish?” Was the dragon's voice, taunting?
 
“I wish for Ices to be restored to life. I wish for your daughter to live again.” The saijin's voice cracked. The dragon seemed to shimmer with un-kept anger before his fangs were bared further.
 
It cannot be done.
 
“Wha-Why?!” Gohan unconsously took a fighting stance, as if to face the force that prevented Ices' return to life.
 
My daughter's fate was sealed. She is tried to be destroyed as we speak.” The dragon's voice took on a sad note, but the simmering rage was still there. Gohan gasped before his mind raced to come up with an alternative.
 
“Then I wish Ices had the power to defy the Kai!” The half-saijin was yelling with desperation now.
 
She already possesses this power.” The saijin knew for sure that the dragon's voice was despondent now, through the anger he could detect the sour taste of sadness. And pleading? What was the dragon pleading for?
 
“Why does she not use it?” Gohan said to himself.
 
She does not see the meaning of postponing the inevitable.” Shenron sighed. “The Kai will not listen to my pleads, they will not allow her to return to life. She will not allow herself to fight. She had been doomed.
 
“I wish for her life-force to be bound.” A new voice interjected. Cell came to land before the pair, his eyes hard. Gohan snarled suppressed outrage but held himself in check. Cell had, after all, been the only one to defend Ices, maybe he had an idea to get her back…?
 
Shenron's expression calmed, and he seemed thoughtful.
 
“I wish for Ices' life-force to be bound to my own, and sealed. I wish for us to be tied together in the most intimate immortality there is. The immortality of oblivion.” The android awaited the dragon's jurisdiction.
 
“To grant this wish, you may loose your mortal shell.” The dragon warned.
 
“I care not.”
 
It shall be done…” Shenron's eyes took on a deeper shade of red, and Cell disappeared from the plain of the living.
 
Back to the trial…
 
The Kai let out a gasp as Cell appeared, the silhouette of the Eternal Dragon hovering almost protectively over him, daring the Kai to go against the fulfillment of his wish.
 
Ices turned her head, and all resignation disappeared from her form.
 
He had come.
 
All was not lost.
 
This was not inevitable.
 
He had come.
 
The creation Cell has made a wish. His wish is to be granted.” Growled the Eternal Dragon, defiant for the first time since first being sealed.
 
All at once the two, Ices and Cell, were thrown together by the heaving energies of Shenron, and their souls began to knit together, re-stitching all lost connections. Reviving their spirits. Reviving their love.
 
“What is this!?” Cried one of the Kais indignantly, “Since when have you intruded upon the Kai Shenron!”
 
“Since the Kai wrongly accuse his daughter.” Snorted Supreme Kai, while the shorter King Kai nodded in agreement.
 
“We'll see about this!” Another of the opposing Kai growled, as he opened the portal to oblivion. The other four mimicked him, pouring their own powers into keeping the dimension fed as it sucked at Ices pulling her toward and into it. The room darkened to a deep shade of red as a torrent of winds whipped across the room like a hurricane.
 
“Cell!” Her voice did not hold fear, but longing. Her hand outstretched. In a flash the android had her in his arms, a glare firmly set on his face as he eyed the portal and the Kai. In one deft movement, he had destroyed the four Kai, knocked out the guards and watched the portal implode upon itself. Supreme Kai surveyed his surroundings before sighing in over dramatized exasperation. But he could not help the hint of glee in his voice.
 
“I'd better start sorting out all the paperwork this'll bring up…” His glasses flashed with amused approval as he glanced Cell over. “I advise all those who are not Kai in the room to make themselves scarce…soon.” In another few moments the two Kai had left the room, and the two lovers were left to their own embrace.
 
“You have no halo.” Ices gasped.
 
“Neither do you.” The pair grinned at one another, before loosing themselves in a loving embrace.