Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My New Undead Life ❯ A Rememberance Not Remembered ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Remembrance Not Remembered


Note from the author: I do not own dbz. This chapter is from Vegeta’s point of view hope you enjoy.

I had been watching the girl since she arrived. Something about her seemed familiar but yet I don’t recall ever meeting her before. It doesn’t matter anyhow. After observing her and having a quick sweep of her mind I have decided that she would be a most amusing companion. Looking down upon my prize I gently throw her over my shoulder and take off toward the graveyard where the transformation would begin.

Looking down at my soon to be mate I begin to admire her bravery. I admit to myself that her attempts to save her companion were noble but pointless, either way I find myself respecting the specimen that now lay draped over my shoulder.

While I glided through the night I begin to wonder what her life had been like. I had lived for so long that I can now only scarcely remember the events before my rebirth as one of the damned.

I no longer remember what it felt like to have the warmth of life flowing through my body; it feels as if I were born dead. The only time when I feel some form of connection with the living is when I am consuming from them, stealing away some of their essence. Every time I do consume I can feel as though I can live for just a moment. I remember what my victim had remembered as if they were my own memories, as if I had lived them in place of my meal. And every time I consume from a mortal I gain their knowledge and experiences.

I had drunk from some of the worlds greatest and had gained their talents. I have indulged myself in some of the worlds greatest artistic minds and in doing so I now am able to make master pieces that the world would admire; but no one is able to take in what I had created no person can listen to music I have conducted or the art works I have painted they cannot know of my master pieces for if they knew my kind would no longer walk the earth; if the mortals knew of my people than we would be hunted and slain from the world.

I feel no guilt in taking the life from this girl that now lay draped over my shoulder. She will be given a new life, a life she will become accustom to if she survives the transformation. I look at her frail form. I wonder if such a weak being can stand such a painful conversion and live, I will find out later tonight when the ceremony begins.

She really is a beauty I will admit this to myself. With her ivory skin that is as smooth as the finest silks; hair the color of the sea, and eyes so bright and full of life that they appear to sparkle with a spirit that could captivate the strongest of men. Yes she is most beautiful and will make an exceptional mate, if she survives.

I sense one of my men approaching. I don’t have to look to know who it is.

“What do you want Kakkarot” I can just hear his grin spread across his face and I can feel that my patience is already wearing thin.

“Hey Vegeta how did you know it was me.” I can even hear his smile when he talks!!

“Kakkarot I have known you for 600 years if I could not distinguish your presence I would not be fit to call myself your master.”

Kakkarot laughs than slaps me firmly on my back. Now I remember why I put up with him. Kakkarot’s strength though still not as powerful as my own is a great force to be reckoned with.

About 400 years ago our kind had gone into battle with a group of vampires that had decided that they would create a new group of vampires with their own rules. They wished to become public in the world, they had become tired of letting their superiority over the humans go without notice; they had wanted to rule over the mortals as gods.

The man who had transformed me into what I am today was once the ruler of my kind; his name was Darius, he had also transformed Kakkarot, he became our father. He was a true leader, strong and intelligent with experience of life in death. Darius, Kakkarot and I along with the rest of our clan went into battle with the rebellious vampires. It was a great battle that lasted for over two years. In the end we overcame and defeated the traitors but not before they took away my mentor, my father.

They had killed Darius. As Kakkarot and I kneeled over his dying form he smiled and gave me the title of vampire prince. All words that needed to be said had been said. Darius felt a contentment leaving his people to me and was able to pass on with a smile upon his cold dead lips.

From then on I had lead our clan through the world and for 400 years we have remained in the dark. I took it upon myself to look after and guide Kakkarot since he had not been all too familiar with all of our customs. Perhaps Darius knew he would give our clan a great boost in strength.

“Hey Vegeta we’re here.” I glance over toward Kakkarot.

“Thank you Kakkarot for pointing out the obvious!!”

We land gracefully on the cold dirt of the cemetery. This cemetery that my clan and I now stand in is the cemetery for the living dead. Here is where the ceremony takes place. This is where new life is given. I look over where I had long ago been reborn. It was just like I remembered it. In a circle lay about 50 stone coffins. I walk over toward mine. I lay my hand over the smooth cool stone.

“It is just as cold as I remember”

I remembered waking up to this place I had been frightened and highly uncomfortable, just as the little one in my arms will be when she finally awakens, I look forward to seeing her reaction.

My companions and I lay down our decided mates on our coffins and return to the beach to collect the unconscious human men we had left behind. Our new mates will need to feast once they had gathered enough strength.

Note from the author: Hope you enjoyed this chapter, do not worry Vegeta will seem more Vegeta like in the chapters to come. Please review!! Again thanks again to AngelsRebellion!!