Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My New Undead Life ❯ Death of a Smile ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Death of a Smile


Note from the author: I do have work and school so I don’t get as much to reread my chapters before I send them out so I hope they do not turn out to be crap! O and I do not own DBZ!

It seems as though the men have been going in some form of order. About 14 women had gone through the same hypnotic battle that the brunette had gone through. I glance over at the brunette; I can’t tell if she is breathing or if she’s even alive for that matter.

Everyone woman who has been bitten has ended up on a stone coffin. The vampires that had bitten them now stand on the outer rim of the circle of coffins right behind their victims. The woman were tied down like earlier while the rest of us that have yet to fallen victim to the dark creeps of the night still stand in the center of the circle of coffins.

If I thought that what these women had done earlier at the beach was anywhere near cult activity than I take that back. These guys are psycho, mental escapees from some insane asylum who seems to actually be some form of cult or clan; whatever they are I want no part of it. I wonder if I just asked them politely if they would let me leave.

Oh yeah that’ll work Bulma just go right up to the insane psycho vampire freaks and say I’m sorry do you mind if I leave I think it’s past my curfew, than they would politely respond yes of course my dear go on now we wouldn’t want you to get in trouble with the folks, Oh and watch yourself there are some real weirdoes out at this time.

I can see the man that had dropped onto Coney he was standing with three other men that have had yet to come up and claim one of us as there feast. I realize than that there are five of us left. I am also curious as to which one of these blood sucking monsters is the one that had brought me here.

Another one of the men reaches out to the group this time it is a red head who is being summoned. I survive a moment longer. Looking at the men again I realize they are all really buff. Sculpted like Greek gods but without the loin cloths. Why I even care?

The red head has just been constrained to one of the stone coffins and again the vampire like all the others stands behind her like some stone guardian watching over the sleeping form of his queen. If red’s down that means there is only four of us left now. Another vampire takes his place to summon one of the women, this time it’s a blonde who is summoned.

And then there were three.

Times seems to have slowed down just to add more dread to my already fear stricken mind. Time wants me to feel completely and utterly screwed. It knows that I am going to die and it wants the time to tick slower cause it enjoys seeing me squirm with dread. Or maybe time is slowing down so I can have a few moments to remember what my life had been like; to remember all the good times I have had. Since at the moment I can’t think of any good times I going to stick with my first thought. Time hates me and it wants me to suffer slowly.

All of the other woman have now been taken and constricted back to their stone coffins. Now there is only Coney and I left and the only vampire left in site is the vampire that had flown Coney to this hell.

I grab Coney’s hand and she squeezes mine in response. The last vampire raises his hands toward Coney. Inviting her to her death.

“Bulma don’t let me go.” Coney’s shaking I can feel it through her now sweat drenched hands.

“I won’t” I tighten my grip on her hand.

“I will never let go”

The vampire looks toward Coney completely ignoring my attempts to keep her from him. His eyes burning into her, flashing with the knowledge that I will not be able to restrain her from him. But I will not lose this challenge if I do I will lose my closest and dearest friend; so I will not lose, I will win and keep my friend safe.

Coney begins to step toward him.

“No! Coney stop! Don’t go, you’ll be killed!”

I’m shrieking now drenched with sweat. I’m hugging her now trying to keep her still, keep her away from him. Tightening my grip and pulling back with all my strength but it’s not working. Coney is dragging me along with her!! “Coney STOP!” I’m crying now I can feel my face being drenched, the tears mixing with my perspiration. Straining and losing.

We are mere inches away from the vampire now! “NO!” Screaming I give up restraining Coney and go straight to the source. I attacked the vampire. I clawed and punch and kicked and screamed. All he did in response was look down to me than ignored me like some insignificant insect.

Coney is now in front of me. I’m shaking and I can feel no more strength within myself to fight. The vampire pushes me aside. I land on the cold stone ground. I look and see Coney; neck revealed and open for the biting, and that’s just what he did, he bit down and took what he wanted from Coney.

Coney had been clutching to the handkerchief the entire time but now with his spell upon her she let it flow to the ground before me. I clutch at the handkerchief and scream “No!” I reach out toward Coney. I’m sorry I was not able to stop him Coney. Laying and weeping I watch him walk off with her and constrict her to her coffin.

I crawl toward my friends coffin. I crawl slowly; slowly because I was not able to help her I was not able to stop her from dying. I thought I could win but how can you win against the undead.
I grab onto the rim of the cold stone coffin lid were Coney lays. I slowly bring myself up and lay my weeping sorrowful head on her chest. I weep and weep. And then I hear it; the smallest almost unnoticeable beating; the beating of her heart. Coneys heart! She was alive!! Coney was still alive! I weep harder only this time with joy and relief.

Time had tricked me. It had fooled me into believing that my best friend had died. It made it slow and painful but in the end time lost because it never mattered how fast or slow it went because she is still alive!

Before I was able to thank which every god that had spared my friend I was dragged by a shadow to the center of the circle. ‘No! This can’t be there were no more vampires! There couldn’t have been.’

“But here I am Onna.”

That voice! It was the same voice I had thought I heard at the beach! The voice that knew my thoughts. The voice had been my captors’ voice, my vampire the one that had dragged me into this nightmare!

I was wiped around in such a speed that eyes were still spinning when the rest of me was still. I was even able to see my captors face when I felt my hair get pulled back bringing my head with it making my throat a open dish for this sick twisted asshole who is about to bite me!

I can feel his breathe on my neck. It felt like a chill in the wind. The type of chill that you feel when you are alone walking down a dark alleyway at 3 in the morning. The same chill that makes your blood pump faster and gets your breath caught in your throat. I felt all of this and then I felt his teeth sink into my flesh. Than all I could feel was my body going numb and by breathing slow. Than my vision went black. And all I could think was damn that bite hurt.

I woke up very sore. I open my eyes and to see that all the vampires have gather around one of the vampires who had just slit open his wrist and was now dripping his tainted blood into the mouth of the woman who lay constrained on the coffin. Then I watch as the woman began to convulse and scream out in agony. I than notice that some of the other women were now standing with the vampires. As they watched the woman convulsing they looked on in aw, mouths agape with astonishment. That’s when I seen that they had been conversed. They had been transformed into one of the undead! They were now just like the male vampires. But some were being held by the vampires, sleeping perhaps. I begin to watch the transformation curious as to what happens. Then I saw that the woman had died. The male who had given her his blood draped her corpse over his should than walked over to a pile of dead woman. The women who had not survived the transformation. Than the vampire tossed her to the ever growing pile of corpses. The vampires moved on to the next woman who still lay asleep like the rest of the woman on the stones.

Some time has gone by and I’ve been able to loosen my constraining ropes and free one of my arms. That’s when I heard a whimper; I look to my left to see Coney lying on the coffin next to mine. She had just woken up and was beginning to cry.

The look in her eyes showed me her fear. She never liked vampire movies growing up. She was highly religious and had thought of vampires as demons that suffer eternal life in the dark as a punishment from god.

I then remember that I had the hanky I had boughten in my hand the one that Coney had earlier had in her mouth. I see that the vampire population had gotten bigger along with the female corpse pile. I also see that some of the woman who had been watching earlier had fainted and were now also being held by their vampire counterparts.
I notice that Coneys breathing is becoming erratic again. I continue to struggle with the ropes and after a few seconds of panicked rushing I finally escape the course ropes. I hand her the hanky. I instruct her to put in her mouth. She scoops it from my hands and puts it into her mouth like I had told her to do; you couldn’t even notice it was in her mouth which if my plan went the way I wanted it to then the vampires wouldn’t notice the fabric either. I was about to question why Coney wasn’t tied down like the rest when I realized that they used the extra rope on me. Maybe because of my earlier intrusion of their ritual.

More time goes by and I feel my life begin to crawl away from me. The vampires had it planned out so that they would give their blood to the victim at the point closest to their death. I’ve read about this but I never thought I would be witnessing it firsthand.

I look over to Coney I see that she does not have much longer. The vampires are coming closer now. I reach out towards Coney and she reaches out and grabs my hand lightly, she no longer has the strength behind her. I close my eyes. I can feel the tears building up behind my sockets. I can hear the vampires surrounding Coney. I still had a hold of her hand, I can no longer feel her heart through her palm but I still know she is alive but she is dying.

My senses seemed to have heightened momentarily because I can hear every small sound around me. I can hear the vampire slitting his wrist, I can hear his blood hit and become absorbed by the hanky in Coneys mouth. I can hear Coneys breathing slow and then stop. I can hear her heart beat its last time. I can hear my friends death, the death I had intentionally caused. I can feel her hand slip out of my grasp. I can hear my tears slide down my face while the vampire drops her dead body onto the pile of corpses. I can hear them approach me. And I can hear my heart start to slow. I can hear my death creeping closer. But which death is it. Is it the death that may reunite me with Coney or is it the death of the damned.

It is now my turn. My vampire walks up to me. I can hear his voice but I cannot hear what he is saying. I can hear him slit his wrist and I can feel his blood flow down my throat. The pain I endured over the following minutes had been nothing compared to my internal pain, the pain I felt for murdering my friend.

Than both of the pains stopped.

No more internal pain or bodily pain. Nothing all I could feel was the cold hands of death. It embraced me. I never knew that death could embrace you but now I know better.

I feel my body. I open my eyes. Please let there be Coney waiting for me by the pearly gates of heaven. Opening my eyes I didn’t see any pearly gates. No what I seen was the coldest eyes I could ever imagine. The eyes of the dead. Then I heard his voice

“Welcome to the life of the dead woman.”

Closing my eyes I fall into what felt like a sort of sleep. Afraid to wake up to my new life. Now I had a little time to think and all I thought about was Coney.

I had just saved my best friends soul by taking her life. But even with my good intentions in mind all I wanted is to see is my friend, my friend Coney and her smile. The smile that brought us to the beach party were we had been abducted. The smile that lead to my killing her; the smile that had just sentenced me to a life of darkness. So I’m going to sleep for as long as I can and remember that smile. The dead smile of my dead best friend. Coney.

Note from the author: Hope that was sad enough for you. Don’t worry this is still not the end. Things will liven up some when Vegeta and Bulma get to interact with each other. So hope you enjoyed NOW REVIEW!!