Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Story ❯ Return to Earth: A Dire Prophecy ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
TGSS5: Here we go! Hey Kaerlos, did you remember that you have a sister?

Kaerlos: What?! Why should I believe you?

TGSS5: Wait and find out. You're introduced in this chapter.

-----------------------

"___": Speech (duh) and quotes
*___*: Thoughts
CAPS: Signs and Geta's shirts
'___': Other writing and quotes in speech
italics : Flashbacks

-----------------------
Chapter 7
Return to Earth: A Dire Prophecy

Geta, Goku, and Tolone were headed toward Earth with a couple of surprises after a year and a half of absence. They were nearly there when they felt two ki signatures that felt a lot like Frieza, both headed for Earth. *We can't make it in these ships in time to catch them... no choice...* was the thought that simultaneously ran through their minds. Then they felt a third ki signature, even stronger than the other two, on Earth, but they felt no evil from it, to their surprise. *Maybe we should see what happens...*

By the time they reached Earth, the two Frieza-like ki's were gone without a trace. They crashed down into a valley and found that their friends had been waiting for them. To those friends' surprise, on the opening of Geta and Tolone's pods the sound of children crying came from both. All three Super Saiyans climbed out, but Geta and Tolone were carrying children that looked to be about a year old; Geta's passenger had red hair that went straight back, and Tolone was carrying a child with short black hair. All three adults were wearing ridiculous clothing, and both children were wearing smaller versions of that clothing. When he noticed the shocked gazes, Geta turned to Tolone and said, "Apparently they didn't know our 'relationship' would cause children." She nodded and smirked at the expression on Vegeta's face.

"Hey, bro, the way you're reacting you'd think you never saw a Saiyan child before," she commented.

"What are their names?" Krillen asked when he recovered.

"Geta's carrying the boy, Kaerlos, and this little girl's Seraphita, Seraph for short," Tolone answered, smiling gently. Then she noticed the new addition to the crowd: a lavender-haired young man wearing a black shirt, blue pants, and a blue jacket with the Capsule Corp logo on the shoulder. "Who's he?" she asked, pointing at the newcomer.

"We don't know, he just appeared out of nowhere and beat Frieza alone," Piccolo replied for the whole group.

*I know who he is,* Geta thought privately. "What do you want?" he asked the young "stranger."

"Excuse me, but I want to talk to the three of you... privately," the youth replied. Goku, Geta, and Tolone nodded, handing Kaerlos to Bulma and Seraphita to Gohan (who ended up with someone else's tail wrapped around his waist), and the four flew off a ways. "First I'll have to test your abilities. Goku, go Super Saiyan." When Goku did so he smiled and said, "I'd forgotten how impressive it is looking from the outside in."

"So what's next?" Goku asked.

The stranger said, "Now we'll both be Super Saiyans." He then turned into a Super Saiyan and drew the sword he had on his back. Goku concentrated ki on his forefinger and created a barrier around it, anticipating the next step. The unknown man suddenly started swinging his sword at Goku repeatedly, and Goku blocked all the swings with his shielded finger. When the stranger was satisfied with Goku's ability he turned to Geta and said, "Now you. I heard you're known for your speed."

"Basically go Super Saiyan and dodge your swings. Got it," Geta said, nodding. Then he went Super Saiyan. The young man started swinging his sword at him, and Geta dodged almost every swing; the only one he didn't dodge was the last one- he caught it instead, to show he had strength, too.

The youth was shortly satisfied. Geta released his sword, and he sheathed it and turned to Tolone. "I heard that you're just an all-around fighter."

Tolone smiled and went Super Saiyan. "We'll spar until you're satisfied." They sparred for a few minutes before the youth was finally satisfied.

The youth said, "Now I'm going to have to ask you three to keep what I say a secret."

Goku said, "Well, I've never had any trouble keeping secrets, so okay."

Geta nodded. "I'm not the blabbing type either. I won't tell."

Tolone smiled. "I never told a secret I heard from someone else. Your secret's safe with me."

"Thank you. My name is Trunks, and I came back from the future to warn you of two new enemies that should be arriving in three years," Trunks said with a serious expression.

"What's with them- are they aliens?" Goku asked.

"No. They're both androids, created right here on Earth," Trunks replied. "Letting Dr. Gero go was a mistake that'll come back to haunt you. If I knew where his lab was I'd pay HIM a visit instead of you." He shook his head. "Those androids killed everyone in my time- even Piccolo, so we can't wish anyone back. They're monsters, no other way to describe them- monsters." He sighed. "The only one to escape the first slaughter was Gohan, my mentor, but thirteen years later they finally got him..." he said in a progressively strained voice. Then, back to a normal voice, "That was three years ago in my time. Now Kaerlos, Seraphita, and myself are the only ones left."

"So do we die because of those androids, too?" Goku asked.

"No. You die before it. One year from now you'll all catch a radical new virus that attacks the heart. You'll all die from it. Geta will last one year after contracting it."

Goku, Tolone, and Geta paused a few seconds in horror. Then Goku said, "Being killed by a stupid virus... What a waste! Damn it...! I want to fight those androids!" Geta and Tolone quickly nodded their agreement.

"Even after all you've heard you still want to fight them?" Trunks said, mildly surprised. Then he smiled. "You're just like Mom said you were. Dad's grouchy, but he's a decent guy."

Geta asked, "Who is your father, anyway?" No harm in playing dumb right now.

"Vegeta. You're just as inquisitive as Mom said."

Goku blinked. "Your mother knows us? Are we going to meet her or do we know her now?"

Trunks pointed at Bulma. "She's standing right there." At that Goku, Geta, and Tolone all fell over laughing.

"Bulma's your mother?!" Goku shouted before bursting into laughter again.

"What're the chances of that happening?!" Geta managed between laughs.

Tolone managed to suppress her laughter down to a giggle as she said, "Well, my brother gets a girlfriend after all! And she's a human!" Then she lost control of her laughter again.

When their laughter finally ended, Trunks said, "Don't tell anyone, or I may not be born." The Super Saiyans nodded, and, after giving each one a bottle of purplish medicine, he flew off, presumably to wherever he left his time machine.

Goku, Geta, and Tolone floated back to the others, lost in thought. *So in this timeline I get that disease, too...* was Geta's main thought.

"So what was that all about?" Krillen asked.

"Well, I can't say..." Goku started.

"But I can," Piccolo interrupted. Goku started to try to stop him, but before he could get a single word out Piccolo reassured him by saying, "Don't worry, I won't say anything that will endanger your friend," he turned to the others, "but we deserve a chance to change our destinies- all of us, not just them!" At their shocked looks he began explaining as much as he could without bringing into question Trunks' ancestry. "...and that's the whole story. Three years from now every one of us except those two children and Gohan will be killed by the androids," Piccolo finished up. "That gives us three years to train and get ready for them."

Geta picked Kaerlos up from Bulma after putting his medicine in his pocket, then looked toward Gohan and Seraphita. "Hey Gohan, I think she likes you," he commented, chuckling.

"C'mon, kid, let go. I'm a bit too young for a girlfriend, and you're even worse," Gohan said, trying to get Seraphita off of himself without squeezing her tail. When he finally got it off his waist it simply wrapped around his wrist instead.

Tolone was lost in thought. "I heard once that if a child behaves like this toward another child, they're meant to be together for life," she mused. Geta and Goku looked at her, surprised, as Vegeta glared at Gohan as if he was weighing blasting him against his niece's safety.

Geta finally said, "Could you help extricate Gohan? I know our daughter'll sulk for quite a while, but if we can eliminate the age barrier somehow, they could get together one day." He tilted his head and smiled mischievously. "Besides, don't you want to be a grandmother some day? I wouldn't mind being a grandfather."

Tolone shrugged before holding Seraph's tail away from Gohan long enough for him to hand the child to her. "I never thought about being a grandmother before, but now that I am, I don't think it sounds too bad."

"Well, we've gotta go. Better get started early," Geta told the others, waving with his free hand. Then he and Tolone flew off toward the gym attached to their house to train. Before they started, though, they put their twins in a playpen they kept in the corner.

-----------------------

TGSS5: I know, it's kind of a sudden dropoff, but I just couldn't think of anything else to say without going into detail on the training.

Geta: Suffice to say, we trained.

Tolone: Yeah, and sometimes we considered doing something else... *grins lecherously... or whatever equivalent women have*

Kaerlos: Um... hi, Dad... I guess...

Seraph: ...

Geta: She hasn't talked since we pulled her away from Gohan when they first saw him. Kaerlos and Seraph are about 3 in the editor's box right now.

TGSS5: Next chapter: Androids and Heart Disease Do Not Mix!