Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Love ❯ chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Back on Earth Ubuu pulled up to the Son house. Despite Chi-Chi's death 4 years earlier the house looked as spotless as it did when she was alive. Getting out of the car Ubuu stretched and signaled for Pan to stay in the car. Son might not be home and Ubuu didn't want Pan to be moving around if she didn't have to.

Ubuu: Hello! Goku-san…Hello? Are you home?

There was no answer as Ubuu went to the door and knocked loudly. Closing his eyes Ubuu searched for Goku's energy. He didn't sense him anywhere.

Pan: Ubuu is he home?

Ubuu: I don't think so…hold on I'll go around back.

Pan nodded and Ubuu proceeded to the back of the house. It was strange he thought, everything looked exactly like it did before…Ubuu shook his head sadly. No wonder Goku was having a hard time adjusting, everything here looked, felt, and even smelled like Chi-Chi. Maybe if everything went well, he would invite Goku to live with Pan and him.

Ubuu: Son-kou?

Goku: Yes.

Ubuu wasn't expecting an answer. So the sound of Goku's voice startled him greatly…but not as greatly as the sight of Goku himself. He had lost weight and his cheek bones seemed more pronounced than ever. His skin seemed pale, not from the lack of sun but from illness. And the worst thing…the thing that made Ubuu want to back up was the feel of his energy. It almost radiated with pain, it twisted his heart just being around him. Dear Kami, even I didn't know it was this bad.

Ubuu: Hello Goku-san. How are you?

Goku eyes glazed over as if he was remembering a bad memory. He then smiled, but it was a cold smiled, seemed more aimed at himself than Ubuu.

Goku: How do I look?

Ubuu: Point taken sir.

Goku nodded before sending Ubuu a stony stare. This hurt more than anything…after all they been though, Goku was treating him like an unwanted salesman or nosy neighbor.

Goku: What are you doing here Ubuu-san. I thought I told everyone to stay away…everyone else has respected my wishes. Why don't you?

Ubuu: I'm not the only one here sir. Pan's here…in the car.

Goku: Then why doesn't she come greet me.

Goku's words full of sarcasm made Ubuu think. Should he bring Pan back here? She was ill…weak. Goku's behavior might upset her and she didn't need that.

Ubuu: Goku-san…I'm surprised, no hurt. The reason why she didn't get out of the car is because she almost died two days ago!

Goku blinked in confusion and alarm, for a second he looked like the Goku Ubuu loved. The effect was short lived however as the new Goku put his poker face back on.

Ubuu: Son-kou I'm begging you don't get her upset…I didn't want her to come up here, but she wouldn't take no as an answer. She's still very weak.

Goku: Why should you be so concerned about her?

Ubuu: We sent you an invitation, didn't you get it?

Goku: I burn my mail. I don't read anything.

Ubuu: Goku-san…I married Pan last year. The reason she's sick is because she gave birth.

Goku was visually startled as he mouthed the word birth.

Ubuu: Goku-san, you have a great grand daughter…her names Chi-kou. We brought her up here, for you to see. Do you want to see her?

Ubuu stared at Goku, afraid that he might say no. Ubuu loved Goku as a friend even as a father, he would be as hurt as Pan if Goku turned their daughter away.

Goku let his head fall as silent sobs racked his shoulders, most men were afraid to cry, not Goku. That in itself made his weakness his strength. Ubuu put a strong hand on Goku's shoulders, as Goku himself had done many times in the past. And as Goku looked into Ubuu's eyes all he saw was love and understanding. The same things he had always given everyone else. He knew Ubuu felt sorry for him, Goku was sorry for himself. Sometimes when the pain lessened Goku would look at himself as if from afar. He judged himself as he would have 5 years ago. He knew where he was, what he was becoming, but he didn't know how to change. Every time he came out of his daze the hurt came back. Maybe this was a new beginning

Goku: Show me

Back on Planet Arakis things were not as happy. Ultimate Pain watched the magical pool with disgust written in his body poster. Outwardly he didn't move, didn't give away how fast his devious mind was whirling. He had the mortal…how did Soul recapture him? And why didn't he know about the child's birth. Pain had been just as surprised as Goku upon hearing about the marriage and birth. This wasn't right, Pain had made careful plan's to keep the mortal on his train of thought and this one oversight might ruin his hard work. At his side Pain's new lackey Wrath watched Goku hold his new Great Grand daughter for the first time. His face betrayed confusion as well. Pain hated to admit it but Wrath was a powerful allay as well as a potential enemy. If Pain showed any weakness to him Wrath might take his own path, and Pain would be alone again. Then nothing…especially certain plans (that not even Wrath knew about) would never come to fruitarian. No matter how much he hated it, Wrath was an Ultimate Kia as well…a stupid one…but powerful none the less.

Wrath: Why weren't we alerted to the mating of them two mortals?

Pain didn't answer and Wrath looked at him waiting. This was a fragile alliance, both knew it and if Pain didn't supply the answers that Wrath wanted things would go bad. The only reason he sided with Pain was because the Kia seemed to have everything taken care of. All Wrath had to do was lend his support and occasional muscle and the rest of the way would be a joy ride. This surprise planted a seed of doubt in his thick skull and both knew it.

Pain: Perhaps Solitude is smarter than we give him credit for.

Wrath: What?

Pain: Well we know that Soul couldn't do this. Who else then, this defiantly wasn't in the original plans…so…

Wrath: So one of us had to arrange it.

Dawning crept slowly onto the Kia's face, but a nagging doubt still clung to his features.

Wrath: Why? You don't think he suspects…do you?

Pain: Of course he suspects. He must know something's up because of our alliance.

Wrath: But how would he know enough to target that particular mortal?

Pain sent a disgusted look toward the dull headed fool. Wrath drew up and sulked over what he thought was an uncalled for insult.

Pain: Think for once! He knows about our dealing with the mortals soul mate.

Wrath: Well ya…that's what he was arguing about earlier. We broke their soul bond…but why would he care enough to break the rules like that?

Pain: He's suspicious because we paid so much attention to this mortal. So I suspect he did this to foul up our plans. And that is where the brat came from.

Wrath: What should we do?

Pain: Kill them both.

Wrath nodded and started toward the door when he looked behind his brother and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. Pain realizing what that meant whirled around to come face to face with his Brother, Ultimate Solitude. Pain smiled, maybe Solitude was more than he gave him credit for.

Pain: Well done Brother, even I didn't hear you come in.

Wrath: How much did you hear?

Solitudes face was as forgiving as stone. His eyes darted between each of his brothers with a new sense of awareness. He had never before feared or doubted his brothers like this before. They had never given him a reason to.

Solitude: I heard enough, listen my brothers I don't know what is going on here but it obviously has to do with that mortal.

Solitude pointed toward the pool which now showed Goku hugging Pan and crying all over her shoulder.

Pain: And what are you going to do about it.

Solitude: Listen Brothers, Please, let him rest…why should one mortal cause us to fight so?

Pain: Is that all he is to you! A simple mortal! Even you Solitude are not that dense! I know you can sense what he can become.

Solitude: This is wrong and you know it! You can't proceed on this course unless all Kia's say yes! And I say NO!

Wrath: It doesn't matter what you say!

Solitude gave Wrath a confused look and Pain looked like he was about to kill him. Something was up, something very important. And Solitude was frightened

Solitude: What are you going to do?

Pain: Nothing…

Something in Pain's voice sent shivers down Solitudes back. Backing up slowly Solitude knew what he had to do…he had to find Soul. And he had to get Goku-san away from Pan and his Great Grand Daughter or Pain and Wrath would kill them. Solitude had worked to hard to save Goku to let Pain and Wrath kill that innocent child.

Solitude: I won't let you do this…I'm going to find Soul!

Wrath burst out laughing and even Pain looked amused.

Pain: Silly Boy…Oh great Kia. Did it escape you're attention that even with all of us working together we still couldn't find him…so what makes you think you can all by yourself.

Solitude: What choice do I have. A horrible thing will happen if you two aren't stopped.

Wrath: Oh shut up Solitude…stop being so dramatic, even if you did find him. It's too late!

With that Solitude ran out of the great hall as Wrath's and Pain's hideous laughter following close behind.

Two weeks later on the planet Earth Goku found himself starting to heal. He had left his home in the mountains to live with Pan and Ubuu, and everything seemed perfect for all. Yet even with his new Great grand daughter to make his days bright, Goku still felt the same old emptiness caused by Chi-Chi's death.

Then one day when Goku had started to believe that everything would stay normal, an unexpected call came in, not from a telephone or even a telegram but from King Kia.

King Kia: Goku-san?

Goku: Hey King Kia what's up.

King Kia: Things are good…nice to see you're finally getting better. I was worried about you Goku.

Goku: I still feel like shit, but I think I have hope now.

King Kia: Yes…very good Goku. Hope is a powerful thing.

Goku: So…I know I shouldn't ask…but how's Chi-Chi?

King Kia: Well that's why I called.

Goku: Is something wrong?

The moment of silence stilled any other questions on Goku's lips. Something was wrong he could feel it.

King Kia: Well maybe…you see I arranged for your wife to arrive here on the Grand Kia's planet after judgment. So she could await your arrival…it was the least I could do considering all the good things you've done. Well anyway to make a long story short…we can't find her.

Goku: WHAT!!

King Kia: She was supposed to arrive a few hours after she was judged and well she hasn't arrived yet…and nobody seems to know where she is.

Goku: King Kia! What are we going to do!!

King Kia: Well since you were so close to her I thought maybe you could sense her better than I could…so if you will please come to the Grand Kia's planet…Now!!

Goku: Yes of course! Let me tell Pan where I going first.

Once on the Grand Kia's Planet Goku entered the main `throne room' and found himself in the middle of a meeting. Which surprising included all the King Kia's, the Grand Kia…and even the Supreme Kia. Goku didn't know what to make of it. Sure he was glad Chi-Chi was the center of attention and everybody was worried…but it shouldn't be this big of a deal. Or should it? That particular question shook Goku's foundations like an earthquake. What if something terrible happened to Chi-Chi? Goku had never told anyone…but right when Chi-Chi died he felt something weird. A tearing sensation that had made him feel like he was dieing from the inside. The feeling was over quickly but he had known something bad had happened. That was when the depression set in. During the entire time Chi-Chi was sick he had taken comfort in that he would see her when he died and everything would be beautiful again. But a few moments after she died Goku felt as if he would never see her again. It was if a part of him had been ripped in two. Goku spotted the Supreme Kia and made his way over to him. Shin smiled warmly at Goku and took his hand in a gesture of friendship.

Shin: Hello Goku. Nice to see you again.

Goku: Same here Supreme Kia. May I ask a question?

Shin: Of course Goku.

Goku: I'm happy everyone's worried about Chi-Chi but why are you here. You've never been to this planet before? So why for this?

Shin's face became very serious as he studied the ground a moment searching for the right words. How could he tell Goku what was really happening…he had been through so much. Dear Kami how do I tell him about the separation?

Yes the Supreme Kia knew about the terrible tragedy forced upon Goku. Shin himself had been watching when it happened. He had seen a terrible blackness descended upon Chi-Chi's soul and shatter the bond she and Goku had. He had seen the horrible agony both souls had went through doing the process. It pained him greatly also and for the pass 4 years he had been studying all known forms of evils trying to find out who could do such a thing. He had finally come to a conclusion. Only a certain four souls could do all the things done to Goku…only four. But Shin couldn't tell Goku this…

Shin: Goku…I don't know how to start? I suspect so many things…but most of them are beyond me…

Goku: Beyond you???

Shin: Yes…I shouldn't say this but there are other planes of existence above even me. I don't know much about them…but I suspect they have something to do with the…disappearance of your wife.

Goku: Why?

Shin: Nothing like this has ever happened before. Souls just don't go missing.

Goku: It's as bad as I feared.

Shin: I won't lie to you Goku…its worse…much worse.

Goku exhaled forcibly and turned away from the Supreme Kia. Shin hated to break the news to Goku like that but no sense in leading him on…the odds of finding his wife were very slim. Especially if they were involved. Do the Brothers have something to do with this…and if so…why?

Goku walked aimlessly away. Not really going anywhere, his eyes stared at the ground unseeing. Everybody even the Grand Kia moved out of his way respectfully. Nobody voiced any words of reassurance, they knew better. As Goku left the throne room everybody spoke at once.

East Kia: Oh poor boy…I've never seen such a case of heart break…

West Kia: I don't understand it…a soul just doesn't disappear…something happened.

North Kia: Oh course it did dumb ass, or we won't be here.

West Kia: Who are you calling a dumb ass!! You're the one who arranged for her to come here!!

Grand Kia: STOP IT ALL OF YOU!! How can you fight at a time like this! Goku's soul is dying! Can't you sense it.

Everyone present silenced at once in pure astonishment. West and North Kia looked to the ground ashamed. All had hoped what they felt was wrong…but with the Grand Kia saying and the Supreme Kia nodding in saddened agreement, they couldn't ignore the truth.

North Kia: How could something like this happen to such a good man.

East Kia: Love hardly ever has a happily ever after…

South Kia: I've heard stories of souls dieing…I didn't think it could really happen.

Supreme Kia: Oh it can happen…long, long time ago I saw it once. Its horrible seeing death like that.

For the first time since the universe started all the Kia's stood together in silence…no arguing, no curses…just the sound of East Kia crying into the Grand Kia's Jean Jacket. The silence was broken by North Kia's soft voice for once without humor speak out slowly, slowly with a deliberate draw on the words he said. He meant every word and would sacrifice even his soul to make it happen. In his own soul he could sense how wrong this was…he wouldn't let it happen

North Kia: How do we stop this!

Solitude: You can't…

All present whirled around in surprised. There in the door way was a young boy, not much to look at, in fact rather plain looking. He wore a plain black gi with a small belt that had some writing on it. It neither had designs or color. His Green hair was pulled back in a plain pony tail. Although it was shiny and healthy it hung lifeless from the hair string wrapped around it. He wore plain black boots and he wore no jewelry. In fact the only thing really interesting about the boy was his eye's. They were a deep radiating Green, unlike anything anyone present had ever seen. Who was this kid?

West Kia: Uh who the hells he?

North Kia: I'm sorry young man but you're not allowed back here!

The boy smiled and deliberately came in taking slow small steps. He simply milled not really going toward anybody…until suddenly he was in front of the Supreme Kia. Every one held their breath wondering what the Kia would do to this disrespecting punk!

The Supreme Kia surprised everyone by lowing his eyes and backing up allowing the boy to continue his milling.

Solitude: As I was saying…You can't…I can.

South Kia: Who the hell do you think you are!

Solitude: Ask him, he knows don't you Shin.

Everybody was taken aback…how could this boy know the Supreme Kia's name. They hadn't even known until earlier that day.

Supreme Kia: I don't know his name but I know what he is.

Solitude: And what am I…everybody here is dying to know!

The Supreme Kia stiffened as the boy mentioned dying…the subtle joke wasn't missed and everybody was becoming angry.

Supreme Kia: He's one of four Brothers…

The Supreme Kia stopped as if afraid to reveal the truth…All Kia's present leaned forward not wanting to miss the news.

Solitude: Go on…

Supreme Kia: The Four brothers…also known as the four Ultimate Kia…the true rulers of the universe.

Everybody rolled over nearly having heart attacks at the surprise. The Supreme Kia looked away. What did this boy have to do with the events of today? First Goku's wife disappears then this boy an Ultimate Kia shows up. This boy must have some sort of connection…could he be the one that separated the souls?

Shin in all the time he had been a Supreme Kia had only read about them. He never seen or heard of them…then suddenly puff, he was here. Shin didn't trust him, but he didn't dare voice his opinion. If this boy was behind this, Shin would find out and act accordingly.

Grand Kia: Why are you here…if you're an Ultimate Kia?

Solitude: Why else…to find the missing soul.

East Kia: You mean you don't know where she is?

Solitude: Nope…not a clue

He's lying…but why? Supreme Kia: What do you plan to do?

Solitude: Look of course…with Goku's help.

All: What?

Supreme Kia: Why do you need Goku's help? You're an Ultimate Kia.

Solitude: Well you're a Supreme Kia and Goku's hundred's of times stronger than you. Anyway I feel Goku can be an asset to finding Chi-Chi. You're going right Goku?

Everybody turned toward the exit. Nobody had even heard him enter. And unlike everyone else he seemed unimpressed with the Ultimate Kia. Of course Goku was beyond caring about some strange boy…now.

Goku: Is there hope of finding her?

Solitude: I'm not my Brother Ultimate Soul, only he could tell you for sure. But yes I belief there is hope if only a little.

Goku clinched his hands so tightly in pain and anger that blood ran freely to the floor. A deadly light danced in his eyes. Nobody not even North Kia had ever seen him act like this. Ultimate Solitude took a step back and quietly hissed, a look of concern if not panic crossed the young slightly handsome face. The Supreme Kia didn't miss the look and wondered what was really going on. The Ultimate Kia obviously hadn't revealed everything…and for some reason he wanted Goku to come along…why?

Solitude: Goku please relax…being angry and hurt won't bring her back to you.

Goku: AND feeling NORMAL will!!

Solitude: Believe me Goku…yes it can.

Goku's eyes widened and he nodded, his spirit for revenge for the moment broken. Shin's suspicion went up several degrees…now I know that boy has something to do with her disappearance. The boy looked scared at Goku's reaction…why? Why should it matter to him that Goku feels hurt and angry? He's not the Kia of Pain or Wrath…I don't think. So those emotions mean nothing to him…unless

Suddenly a very disturbing thought raced across the Supreme Kia's mind. The very thought shook him and rattled his insides around leaving him in a bitter shocked state. It was simple, that is, if the legends were true. He suspected so many things, but nothing as horrible as the fate that awaited Goku. Oh Kami how could such a thing happen? I wonder is this boy's here to stop it or is he here to help this horrid thing along. I can do nothing. Goku can't be told, all hope of saving him will be destroyed if he knows.

Oh Goku I hope you survive this trip

Goku: When do we leave.

Solitude: Now.

Saradina waited patiently in the space craft that she has called home for more than 15 years. It was an old ship, but one of a kind. Modified so that it could reach speeds that better and newer ships couldn't even dream of. She had done all the modifications herself, using what few books she had and hand me down tools, Saradina had taught herself everything she needed to know about her home and how to make it better. That was how she lived, she didn't care about the so called important stuff that most creatures knew. If something needed to be learned or done…she simply did it. She checked once again the monitors making sure everything was in perfect order. Even thou everything was satisfactory she opened a panel and started rewiring the computer…again. While things were getting done topside she had taken a stroll on planet. She had never been to this small but pretty planet. It always amazed her how different cultures came up with different technologies. And whenever she came across something she deemed worthy she studied it and reworked it into her ship. And Earth she learned very quickly, even though far from any source of interstellar technology, had a wonderful thing call Capsule Corporation. Finding the blue prints was harder than she expected, due to the fact the company didn't allow anyone to know their trade secrets. She ended up actually breaking into one of their labs and stealing some plans. They were amazing gadgets, the coolest stuff she read in years and all created by some woman named Bulma Briefs.

As she worked, Saradina pushed aside strands of stray hair, black as the blackest night, that had escaped her harsh bun. Normally she let it down for she thought it was her best feature. But when doing this kind of delicate work it only got in the way. Catching her reflection in a near by surface, she grimaced at her appearance. She was rather off today as she put it. Her facially feature of course were the same…her oval almost elfin shaped face held a straight pronounced nose framed by the placement of her dark black eyes and eye brows. All this didn't really matter to her. What bothered her slightly was the fact that her light creamed colored, flawless skin had grease stains and smudges everywhere. Her cloths were horrid smelling thanks to a leak in a place she didn't want to think about. And whoo her hair looked terrible. This is no way to present myself to a new guest. Taking that as her cue she headed for the shower.

Saradina stepped lightly out of her soiled cloth. They stank really bad so she throw them right away into the laudry shoot. It took a few seconds for the water to heat up so she took a moment to look into the mirror. She wasn't bueatiful by her standards but she wasn't ugly either. Even before the attack she had taken pride in her figure, which was slim and trim. She use to take pride in her skin as well until…Shaking her distuded thought aside she stepped into the shower.

The hot water sprayed onto her and washed away the dirt, the grim, and the worries. Leaving her mind and body feeling refreshed. Wonder what he's like?

Leaning against the tiles Saradina let her mind wonder.

It's been almost four years now…

(warning the following is a paid for flash back )

The lights weren't on…why? Where is everyone? What's going on?

Those were some of the question racing though Saradina's mind. Only moments ago she had been sleeping soundly when the bed lurched and she found herself on the floor. Grapping her armor she shoved it on before racing out of her quarters. She could hear the sound of battle. She wasn't prepared, however for the scene she saw once she arrived to the control room. Bodies…dozens of them, all of her crew, they were dead. Starring in shock she lowered her Ki…a trick she learned on one of her `illegal' trips to various planets. Feeling sick for the first time at the site of blood she checked the bodies. Even thou she felt a horrible emptiness at her comrades death, she sighed in temporary relief. Cossack I got to find him. He's not here…he could still be alive.

Racing the best she could, taking care not to be spotted she finally got to the end of the hallway. She entered a room…hoping against hope she would find the person who slept here. The lights are off why?

Suddenly the lights she was worrying about came blindly on. She gasped in horror at the site she saw. Before her sat 2 large warriors, one of them held a scared 9 year old boy with raven black hair and blue eyes.

Saradina: Cossack…

She startled as a new figure melted away from the darkness…it was a horrible creature. A Creature that caused pain and chaos where even it went. Long black nails, painted black lips…a cruel tilt in the eyes, and a powerful tail. These were the trade marks of Freezia, the most hated and feared creature in the known universe.

Freezia: So Saradina…we meet at last.

She tried to answer but her throat was too dry, so she settled on a bow. Hoping to appease the monster, not that it mattered. She was dead, just like her crew now. But somehow she had to save the life of her son. Finding her voice she pleaded with the tyrant.

Saradina: Please Lord Freezia, deal with me. Leave the boy alone.

Freezia: Normally I would be thrilled to lead you on and play with the both of you but unfortunally I'm rather busy…

Saradina readied herself for a fight, not that she would win, there was no hope. I'd rather go down fighting…

Freezia: Oh before I end this I have something I would like you to know before I kill you…

Go for the one not holding Cossack…they won't expect that…maybe catch them off guard enough to get him and get to an escape pod.

Freezia: You're the last two did you know that…

Something in Freezia's voice stopped her planning…something wasn't right.

Saradina: The only one on my ship…I know that Baka!!

Freezia smirked at the insult, after all he had a greater one

Freezia: No silly little bitch, you and the boy are the last of the Saiy-jin race.

Saradina's mouth dropped to the floor. How could that be, Freezia had to be lying!

Freezia: I destroyed the entire planet…all the Saiy-jins except you! You smuggling whore…if you hadn't disobeyed orders to stay put. I wouldn't have to be out here, but then again this way I get the pleasure of killing the two last Saiy-jins with my bare han…

Saradina didn't let him finish. She attacked with the speed of one who knew there was no escape. She took out the body guards. Cossack dashed for the door…he was smart…she was proud. Proud even as Freezia lifted his finger and shot her beloved son. A boy with strange beautiful blue eyes in the heart. At least it was quick, she at least saved him from the torture they had planned. Freezia angry that his little game was spoiled turned toward the Saiy-jin bitch, but he wouldn't let her escape pain as easily.

Freezia: Now it begins

It was dark…it was cold. She was alone. How did she get here? The last thing she remembered was Cossack being murdered by that bastard Freezia. Quietly a single tear rolled down her face. She was being weak she knew, but the boy was special to her. He was all that was left of his father, her long dead mate. The Saiy-jin with blue eyes. Her thoughts drifted, even as she did, in the never ending sea of darkness. Somewhere out of the gloom a voice echoed.

Saradina: Who are you?

Voice: The one that saved you.

Saradina: you mean I'm not dead?

Voice: no

Saradina: why did you save me

Voice: I want you to become whole again…

Saradina: I was never whole…

Somehow she knew what he was talking about. Inside her since the day she was born, a terrible emptiness lurked. She hid it well and even filled it a little bit with her sons and dead mates love. But it was never filled and still was there.

Voice: No it was once filled…

Saradina: Who are you….

Out of the fog and blackness that surrounded her, he emerged. Like an angel of darkness melting out of the gloom to take her away. She was scared at first of the glowing figure before her. She had never seen him before but she knew power when she felt it. Raw unbridled power more than just ki something even more deadly. What did he want from her…

Saradina: What do you want…

Her voice was soft, like a whisper. In this sea of blackness she was having strange dreams, awaking dreams. Her eyes were open but she still saw the images before her. They didn't belong to her. They were memories she was sure…but they weren't her's. She saw a man she knew was her father. That didn't make sense thought, She had never meet her father, he died before she was born. She saw her son, but he wasn't. Her boy had blue eyes like his father, this boy had black. And she saw a fuzzy image, too blurred to make out…it caused her very soul to ache that age old ach.

Solitude: You found the reason for your emptiness…

Saradina: What are these images. I don't know any of them.

Solitude: I can't tell you. But I plan on helping you. You will travel with me…aboard your ship. Together we'll both seek peace. And you'll find your true destiny.

(back to present)

That was what he said. And togeather they started searching the universe. For what she wasn't sure, hell she wasn't sure if she was still sane. To her it was a dream, she didn't even believe it happened until the voice showed her, her new scars. Fixed by his hand but not truly healed. They were to marked created by Frieza in those horrible hours before he ended his game. But he didn't end his game, she had been saved, so Frieza's tortures weren't finished, and never would be.

It didn't make sense then and it doesn't now. But the ache was still there after all these years, and she couldn't give up.

Not now especially since she had nothing in the other dimension.

It had come as a shock to learn that the voice was accually an Ultimate Kia and he not just searching universes but searching dimensions as well.

So that's what they did traveling along time lines to strange planet with strange events. Like this one…Freezia she learned had been dead for several decades. And although he had destroyed the planet Vegeta like he did in her realm, he had been murdered by a Saiy-jin. A Super Saiy-jin at that…she wished she could meet the man who took revenge on their kind. It hurt so bad to think about what Freezia did to her crew. This was the same ship…in the beginning she wanted to sell it and get a better, smaller one. But Solitude-sama wouldn't allow it, this ship he said was the vessel they must use. And in time this ship would give her an outlet for her grief instead of causing it to surface. He was right of course, and although it was hard the first few years, she had come to think of her ship, the Event Horizon as an extension of all the Saiy-jins she loved that were gone. And like all Sayi-jin's she made sure it got better and stronger each passing day.

Getting out of the shower she put on her spandex…forgoing at the moment the armor and went to check on the cooling systems.

Goku looked up at the ship the Ultimate Kia had lead him to. The words Event Horizon was stamped in bold red letters on the hull…the color reminded him of blood. The entire ship seemed almost ghostly. He could sense on a higher level the violence and the death that had happened on this ship.

Goku: So much Sorrow…

Solitude: Yes Goku…This is the Event Horizon. A better ship than she looks, she has a great owner.

Goku: You don't own this ship?

Solitude: No not really, her owner and captain is another soul searching for lost hopes. I saved her in another dimension quite a few years ago. Her entire crew had just died at the hands of Freezia and her son murdered before her eyes.

Goku: Why did you save her? Wouldn't it be better for her to meet with her loved ones on the other side.

Solitude: No Goku. She has a destiny to find, and whether you want to believe it or not, its linked with yours.

Goku gave the Ultimate Kia a guarded glance and entered the ship.