Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Love ❯ chapter nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Just wanted to mention that the Shrike is not mine. I don't claim it in any way shape or form. Dan Simmons is the original creator of the Shrike and is totally cool. I'm not making money of this so all you lawyers leave me alone. Thank you:)

Chi-Chi was gone.

Gone but not forgotten.

Kami…He wished he could forget.

Oh Chi-Chi how I've failed you.

Goku sat in silence. His mind, his soul in turmoil. He couldn't believe it, couldn't comprehend the simple fact that she was gone.

Goku knew, that soon…maybe too soon it would hit him. And the tears would fall, the sorrow would come, and then the blackness would descend.

But for now he just sat. Without words or movement, numb to the world, and to his pain.

However in his mind gears turned resurfacing memories long since forgotten.

Memories of a lifetime, of a family, of a love.

But most of all, he remembered her face, her eyes, her smile.

Etched deeply into his soul these images reeked havoc! Burning with the knowledge that the mind had yet to realize. Chi-Chi was gone.

What has happened? Why you Chi-Chi…why me?

Are you gone because of me?

He didn't know how to live without her, not anymore. Even in his younger days he depended on her. Knowing that she would always be there, with a hot meal ready and a smile…well maybe not always a smile. But she was there, she cared…she loved.

But did he deserve that love. Even in the beginning it was rough. He simple didn't know anything about girls and `real' living. He didn't understand why she would want a house, possessions, and money. He never needed them.

She somehow understood him though. Somehow knew without asking why he did the things he did. Even when Goku didn't know why he did what he did.

At first his taking off wasn't his fault. He did die after all.

But after that…something changed in him.

He found a roaming spirit, something that Chi-Chi had tried very hard to suppress.

He found it, and reasons for leaving…Frieza…Androids…Cell…Buu…

And the list went on…by the time Ubuu came around. He wanted to leave.

Maybe I'm a coward after all…I choose the easy way out. Instead of living like I should've…I avoided my duty and took off.

He was gone for seven years!!! SEVEN!! And not once did he call…not even to visit…Pan…Goten…Gohan…Chi-Chi. They continued life, without him.

He had hurt her. Hurt her bad. He watched as a piece of her died…yet he left with the child Ubuu anyway.

Did she hate him for that…surely she did? And if that didn't do it what happened next did.

He was transformed into a small child…and didn't care.

I made her cry…She hardly ever cries…but I made her…

It had never once been about her…it was always fighting…always running.

The only time he ever thought of her, was when he knew something was going to happen.

Like with Cell, I knew I was going to die.

So I gave her nine days…only nine to make up for a lifetime.

And I gave her that year…

Goku enclosed his face with his hands. Hoping to drive away the memories. He sat up in his bed, and looked around his room, looking for a distraction.

The Yardatian's were a high-class species. They made everything and in turn ever where you looked beautiful things tickled the senses.

A long time ago they helped him. Healed his body, fixed his ship and taught him techniques. Yet not even the Yardatians could fix what was wrong now. Especially when his last stay was another cross for him to bear. Yet another time he refused to return home. Left Chi-Chi alone…to live her life.

Goku: You spent your entire life waiting for me. At least now I can't hurt you.

And I know when the pain finally hits; it will be more than I can bear. I'm scared

Chi-Chi…scared of what I may become. Chi-Chi I don't know if I can stand it much longer. Maybe…maybe soon I shall join you. Where ever you are.

Goku walked to the solitary window. The view was nice…beautiful in fact. It offered most of the city with all the building and such in it. Yet only one thing caught his attention…like it had the other night.

Saradina's room.

In the back of his mind a regret lay…one that was surrounded in guilt. He had yet to fully analyze it, afraid of the answers he would find.

Saradina

Somehow she had left an impression on him. Made a small part of him…the part still Goku yearning for things unsaid. She made him feel good, about his power, about himself. Sometimes he wished…

But guilt and hate overrode every other emotion. Guilt over his acts and feelings, and hate for the same reason. He was a terrible person, yearning for another when the one he love was now gone forever.

He could never forgive himself.

How could his body betray like that?

How could his mind?

They had only known each other for 3 months…yet it seemed like forever.

Maybe it was simply because she knew the pain of lose. Like he did, or maybe it was because like him she was looking for answers.

Who knew…all that mattered was that his feelings for her were growing. And he couldn't seem to get a hold of them. It was beyond simple lust now…if it had ever been that. He truly cared for her. Truly wanted to be with her. She was the only thing he looked forward too when the sun rose.

But that in its self was destroying him. The guilt was eating him alive. Leaving his soul bitter and confused.

What was happening to him?

Saradina…

Goku: What kind of man am I? Chi-Chi died 4 years ago…but it's like she's died all over again. And yet…I yearn to see another.

Goku turned from the window. Kami how he hated himself.

Goku walked to the bed and laid down again. Urging his mind to just stop…even if it meant his death…he just wanted peace.

Peace from his pain…peace from the guilt.

It curled in his stomach like a serpent, twisting and squeezing. Searing his soul with its foul breath, and poisoning his blood with its venom.

He would never be whole, he would never be cured.

Goku groaned and turned in the bed. His mind still confused…He could barely remember what happened the morning before. He didn't want to but his mind was working against him. Bring up images of the fire…the eyes…and the power. The greatest he ever felt. He knew without a doubt that this power was Fate. The powerful being Rauo talked about. She had told him…told him all he needed to know.

"Chi-Chi was gone. She is no more. "

"The one you seek is on earth"

It was then that it happened! His mind caught up with the news.

Goku started to scream as he lost control!

Saradina found herself once again in the guest bedroom. Sitting up she groaned at the pounding headache ripping her temple in two.

Saradina: Was it a dream? Please let it be a dream.

It had been terrible. The burning eyes…Goku's pain.

Goku!! Where was he!!

Quickly she got dressed in a beautiful dress that someone had laid out and went to look for Goku.

She had to know. It seemed too real to be a dream.

Outside she looked around…no one was about. Strange?

She ran toward the Eating Hall. There was always someone there…maybe even Goku would be.

She stopped dead in her tracks and gasped.

The Eating Hall was gone…? Nothing but a large rumble heap remained.

Ki blast burns were visible on several other buildings. It looked like a war zone.

Saradina: What happened???

Already a good number of Yardatians were rebuilding and cleaning the mess.

Rauo was coordinating the effort.

Saradina: Rauo??

Rauo turned and smiled at her. But it was a sad one. He looked so tired.

Rauo: Ah Saradina. You're finally awake.

Saradina: Dear Kami…what happened?

Rauo: Goku happened…

Saradina: What I don't understand.

Rauo shook his head sadly.

Rauo: We should not have called Fate. I had a feeling her news would not help him.

Saradina: It was real…the fire.

Rauo: Yes. We cannot speak of it here. Please follow me.

Saradina did as he asked. He led her to an empty building. Which was one of the few buildings untouched by Goku.

She leaned against the wall, the coolness of the rock felt good against her back.

Saradina still had trouble believing Goku had caused such damage.

Rauo: Goku has left for earth.

Saradina: How?

Rauo: Using a technique called instant transmission. You know what that is?

Saradina nodded. It was one of those things people talk about, but no one seemed to know how to do. It didn't surprise her that Goku could.

Saradina: What does he want?

Rauo: I believe he went to find the ones responsible for Chi-Chi

Saradina: Goku…

She had to go help him. Revenge was truly bitter sweet. He could kill the ones responsible but the pain wouldn't go away. In fact it gets worse.

Rauo reached up and touched her arm. His face was drawn, like a great weight was hanging over his head.

Rauo: Goku will become no more.

Saradina: WHAT!?!

Rauo looked closely at her. He seemed to be measuring her up. Unsure about how much to tell her.

Rauo: I'm afraid…afraid to say too much.

Saradina: Please Rauo…what is going on?

Rauo: You love him don't you?

The next question on her lips died. Love him? Goku? How could she love a man like him? A man so quiet, reserved, charming, strong, devoted…ok ok she could see how someone could love him. But her…she hardly knew him.

Yet somewhere along their three-month journey…she had.

Maybe it was the kiss…so soft. Made so gently it had taken her breath away. It was such a caring gesture, without the usual sexual innuendo's attached.

Or the fact that he helped trained her to be the best…allowing some peace in her mind. Or maybe it was because he held her, without any demands, and listened to her fears and troubles. And just held her…

Ah damn she did love him.

Saradina: Yes

Rauo smiled.

Rauo: Then you are the only one that can save him.

Saradina nodded. She would do anything. Goku might not love her…hell she doubted if he even liked her. But she would help him. His pain was hers as well.

Saradina: Ok…what do I do.

Rauo: We get you to Earth…now.

It was a beautiful day on Earth.

Everything looked the same, except for the dust. Three months worth of dust. Chi-Chi would not have stood for it.

Goku choked.

He didn't want to live; he didn't want to exist.

He had only come to Earth because the ones that hurt Chi-Chi were here.

The only thing he had was revenge and his pain.

Slowly he walked into his home, he wandered though the house in a daze. Only stopping when he came to the bedroom. He carefully entered, afraid to disturb the peace.

He sat down on his bed…the bed she died on. Goku felt tears fall. But he didn't care. He just wanted things back the way they were. Back before the Cancer, before Solitude and Fate. He didn't want any of it. He would gladly give every ounce of energy for Chi-Chi's return.

Goku: Why!! WHY!!!!!!!!!

Goku snarled and punched the walls. It gave way to his fist, crumbling into a million pieces. Crumbling…crumbling like his memories, like his sanity.

He would have no more. Nothing, he wanted nothing. No memories, no reminders of those memories.

With violent fury Goku punched, ripped and kicked the very foundation of the home that had been Chi-chi's apart! He would have no reminders! Even if he had to destroy them himself!

For the first time in his life Goku truly felt the Saiy-jin Rage. Vegeta had talked about, had even shown him it a few times. Yet Goku had no idea.

He gasped as a great power within exploded. His head was thrown back so forcefully that it would have snapped if he were any less strong.

Goku: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHGG!!!!!

Everything went white. A hot burning white, white like an open wound. Like the wound on his soul.

Moments ticked away like years. Years in only moments…Goku opened his eyes.

The house was no more like everything else for miles. The land had became flat, flat and bleak, with not a tree, plant or creature standing. It was destroyed! All gone…just gone.

Breathing hard Goku sank down to the earth, falling to his knees. Tears dampened the black burnt earth underneath him.

Why him…why Chi-Chi.

He had fought so hard.

Tried so hard.

Even in his misery he felt something shift into place behind him.

It was Saradina. Apparently the Yardatians had sent her here.

Not surprising.

Saradina swayed as she got her bearing. That was weird, one second she was on Yardat…the next Earth. Saradina gasped as she looked around her. She couldn't believe what she saw. Goku had destroyed the land for miles around. She could see nothing a bleak flatness that extended as far as the eyes could see. It was eerie, it was sad.

Saradina: Goku? Are you all right!

Goku laughed…this was the second time she'd heard that sound from him. This time however it was a horrible sound. So full of sorrow and pain.

Goku: Does it look like I'm all right?

She wanted to touch him. Make him see that the world had not ended. Her hand trembled as it neared him. She let it fall back to her side. She didn't touch him. She didn't know how.

So instead She kneeled beside him. She didn't know what to say. How to express her feelings. She loved him…she hurt with him. It was all so strange to her.

But he was here, and she was to. That was all she needed. She didn't care if he didn't love her back. She just wanted him to heal. Chi-Chi was gone. He had done everything in his power to save her. There was honor in that.

Tenderly she reached for him again. She laid her hand on his arm.

He didn't draw away, or cringe.

Saradina: Goku…

He didn't answer.

Saradina: I know that…you probably won't listen. But I don't think that Chi-Chi would want you to hurt like this. You did everything you could to find and save her. You are only one man Goku. There is honor in that…

Under her hand she felt him stiffen. But he didn't turn away. He even seemed to be listening. Gently she shifted closer to him…still he didn't voice a rejection…She then laid her head on his shoulder. Slowly she wrapped her small arms around his massive one and hugged it…she just wanted to be close. To show him that she was there for him. No matter what.

Goku looked down at the top of her head.

It was amazing how such a simple gesture could mean so much.

He sighed and gingerly laid his hand atop hers.

It was one of those moments. When words fall. So he didn't say anything. He just sat there beside the woman. She had shown him her fears…and now her heart.

He was honored.

Goku stiffened as a cold laugh sounded behind them.

It couldn't…wasn't human.

Suddenly Saradina stiffened. A tiny gasp of surprise escaping her mouth.

Untangling their arms Goku turned toward her in shock!

She fell against his body. Her eyes wide with surprise and pain.

Blood swelled from the small hole in her chest. Goku felt a warm stickiness against his skin. Felt her life draining away.

Saradina had been shot…but not by any bullet.

Only a ki blast could do this.

Goku drew her closer, and then laid her gently onto the ground.

Blood gushed from the wound staining the white dress she was wearing. Goku probed the wound hoping against hope he could help her some way.

What he discovered chilled him. The blast had pierced her heart and lungs. There was nothing left of the organs thus injured. Blinking in disbelieve Goku raised a blood covered hand to her face and touch her cheek gently. The contact left a red smear across her beautiful face.

Saradina eyes fluttered open, she blinked and a single tear fell down her cheek.

He wiped it tenderly away as her eyes focused on him.

Her mouth moved but with blood filling her lungs she couldn't manage the strength to put sound behind it.

It happened so quickly…she closed her eyes.

Goku couldn't believe that he could feel more pain. But the gut wrenching feeling he had now gave birth to all new levels of pain!

Setting her gently on the ground, Goku stood up and slowly turned toward the hideous laughing sound.

His eyes widened as a large fist caught him in the chin. He barely caught a glimpse of metal, spikes and thorns. Before the impact sent him flying.

Before he hit the ground Goku managed to twist around and land on his feet. He brought his fists up ready to fight.

Wrath: At last we meet Goku!!!

Goku didn't know how but he knew. But he knew this was an Ultimate Kia.

But beside him…was a vision from hell.

Standing beside the kia in terrifying silence was a monster. Goku blinked trying to bring to his exhausted mind words that would describe the creature in front of him.

It stood still as stone over 3 meters tall. Goku's eyes had seen right, the metal, thorns and spikes. For the creature was made up of those things. Not a single space on the monster was free from the sharp blades. The creature had 4 arms all covered with thorns and hanging limp at its side. Each hand has wicked talons several inches long. His eyes stopped at the monsters fist. It was covered in blood, with bits of flesh clinging to its ghastly spikes.

For a moment Goku didn't understand. It was then suddenly when Goku felt something wet on his cheek where the monster had punched him. He touched his chin in wonder. He felt no pain, despite the fact that the monster had cut him. Not just cut but literally shredded his face. Goku could feel the flesh hanging free from his chin. It felt like rubbery ribbons flowing freely in the wind.

Goku swallowed hard trying to kept his cool, and his stomach in check.

Goku: Who the hell are you!!

Wrath: I…I am Ultimate Wrath. As you probably guessed already. This…

He pointed to his monster.

Wrath: Is your killer.

Goku growled his lip curling. He would not die easily.

Goku: I will fight your monster and make you pay for hurting Saradina…but first…answer me this!

The kia tilted his head to the side amused.

Wrath: Yes ask away. I will answer anything?

Goku: Are you the one responsible for Chi-chi.

Wrath smiled cruelly. His laugh was like knifes on Goku's ears.

Wrath: I was not the brains behind it. But yes…I helped.

Goku's rage boiled over. He couldn't stand it. He was so furious. With a scream of rage he launched himself at the Kia.

However the creature put its self between them.

Fine first the monster then the Kia!!

Goku veered away and attacked the monster.

With a single punch the monster was thrown to the ground. It slowly got up, as if Goku wasn't a threat to its life. If it was alive?

Goku however didn't press the attack. He was staring in shock at his hand.

The creature's spikes…

Goku: So…sharp.

…Had cut through his fist as if it were putty. Tendons, flesh and veins had all been severed…well mutilated really. The monsters thorns had cut all the way to his wrist. Almost cutting the main artery there. Blood flowed freely, creating a small pool at his feet.

Goku winced in pain and used a small kia ball to sear the flesh, burning blood vessels shut. He could bleed to death with a cut such as this.

The monster stood to it entire height, easily towering over Goku.

Its face had no sign of emotion what so ever. It opened its mouth, impossibly wide…showing rows and rows of razor sharp teeth.

Goku took a step back.

Wrath: Meet your death Goku-san. The Shrike!

Goku eyed the kia and the Shrike warily.

He couldn't touch the beast. He would just get cut again.

Goku smiled. The beast didn't seem to be all that fast or strong.

A kia blast would put both of them into their places.

With a roar of pain and hate Goku put everything he had and more into a massive blast.

Goku: Ka me ah me HAAAAA!

Much to Goku's surprise the monster neither moved nor powered up to counter the blast.

The world turned white as the energy attack found its mark. Dust and wind whirled in a maelstrom of power.

The world became silent.

Goku stood up and smiled. The monster was no monster…it was a child's nightmare, all thorns and spikes, but no real power.

The dust started to clear.

Goku's smile faded.

The monster stood strong. In fact it had not moved a muscle, nor moved from its spot in front of the kia. The kia himself had been knocked down by the blast. But he had suffered no harm.

Goku swallowed hard. It was one thing to avoid or deflect a blast. It was another to take it head on without being moved one inch by the impact. And the monster hadn't even powered up.

Wrath: Kill him now! Before it's to late!

The monster turned it dead cold eyes glowing with a hellish red light toward Goku.

Slowly as if in slow motion the Shrike lifted up one of its too many arms. A soft glow started to form.

Goku: NO!

Goku powered up suddenly. He didn't care if he was shredded to a million pieces. He wanted the blood of this creature to flow. He wanted it to feel pain as he did. He wanted its death. The world trembled from the power of his saiy-jin body.

It only took a moment, but a moment was all he needed. With a mighty Saiy-jin roar the world became blinded by light, and when that light died down Goku stood before the Shrike monster as a Super Saiy-jin 4.

He attacked.

The shrike jumped back away from the mighty saiy-jin.

Goku gave chase, landing blow after blow to the metal monster. He could feel metal bend and scream in protest. He was going to win.

The monster couldn't get away, it wasn't fast enough.

So why was the Kia laughing. Goku barely had time to wonder when suddenly…it disappeared.

The Shrike did not move away, flee, or use any type of technique. It simply disappeared.

Goku looked around startled. Never in his life had he seen anything like it.

Where did the Shrike go?

Wrath: Confused Goku-sama? You should be! You cannot defeat my warrior!

Goku turned toward the kia, his eyes cold.

Goku: its seems your monster has fled.

Wrath: he has powers you could only dream of! It is true Saiy-jin, that you are stronger and faster. But can even you defeat a master of time!

Goku looked down at his hands. They were a bloodied mess. Despite his power up the spike easily cut into his flesh. He could actually see the bones, and more…he could also see the inside of them as well.

The monster spikes even pierced bone. Now that was sharp.

But where was he now and what did the kia mean by master of time.

Suddenly the monster was there! He didn't appear, didn't sneak up on him. It was just there.

With arm opened wide it embraced the Saiy-jin into its arms. Thorns and blade cut into Goku's body. He felt metal pierce, skin, organs, and bones. Nothing was safe from the Shrikes embrace of death.

Goku screamed in pain and horror. He would not die like this!

Goku: Kaokin!

With a surge of energy Goku ripped his way from the monster hold.

Blood spurted into the air. Raining down like some morbid shower onto the monster.

It…disappeared again.

Goku eyes wide with fear and pain looked around wildly.

Wrath: The monster can travel though time, as easily as you walk though air. You cannot defeat something that you cannot touch!

Goku stiffened.

Slowly he turned his eyes toward the sky.

The monster had reappeared, one hand raised. A massive ball of energy was already collected. The killing blast, which would undoubtfully destroy the earth as well when released. The monster opened its mouth, rows of teeth glittering in the death balls light.

It then roared…the first sound Goku had heard from it. The Shrike dropped the ball…

Goku gasped as he brought his hands up to ward the blast away.

The ball touched his hands. Goku screamed!!

It was hurting him. He could feel the flesh of his hands start to burn, crisp. A sickening smell of burnt hair and flesh filled Goku's nose.

The heat was too much…his skin was burning, his face his hands. He couldn't hold on to it.

I can't…

His mind and body were shutting down. The ball inched closer.

The monster had won. He couldn't defeat the Shrike, the Ultimate kia's creation.

Goku closed his eyes…and drew within himself.

He didn't want to fight anymore.

It was dark. So dark…

Here pain meant nothing, fear and anger had no hold. Here was where he wished to be.

No memory…no pain.

Goku sighed…then suddenly stiffened.

in the blackness of his mind he heard something.

Goku cringed from the sound as it echoed within his mind. He looked around wildly for the source. Nothing but blackness met his eyes.

Goku knew this sound…he had heard it before. It was the crying of a child.

NO he didn't want this. He didn't want the memories…the pain. He just wanted to die in peace. Why couldn't he just cease to be.

He didn't want to fight.

Chi-Kou

A single memory.

Goku withered in mental agony. He didn't want this. Why didn't they just leave him alone!

Ubuu

Color, warmth

Bulma

A flash of light.

Face…so many faces. Memories, some happy some sad. Memories of a life, of love, of his family

Gohan

Goten

Sounds of the past.

Vegeta

Pan

They would die if he didn't push this death ball away.

Pan as a little girl, running up to him.

He gave her his ice cream once.

She had tried one time to eat a hotdog like him, and nearly choked to death.

He remembered Gohan had been so mad.

He remembered the beach…Trunks and Goten had buried Vegeta in the sand while he slept.

That beach was turned to glass from the enraged prince.

Gohan as a baby, crying in his crib as they tried to find a name for him.

Chi-kou crying…her mother pale from the nearly deadly birth. But she smiled…Pan smiled.

Chi-Chi

Saradina…

Goku screamed within his mind. He couldn't stop the images.

He had let Chi-chi down. Let her down by never being there. He was never there…

He was here now. Fighting for the same reason as he had before. To save life…to save his family. There was no shame in that.

Chi-Chi was gone but not her family, their sons, granddaughter and great granddaughter. She loved them greatly.

They were here.

That was reason to fight, the only reason that mattered!

…he would never let them down again.

Pan…He wouldn't let her down; she looked so much like Chi-Chi.

She had her eyes.

Even here the memories could not be stopped.

I can't…let them die

Chi-kou looked just like her father. A boy he himself had trained. Ubuu was family…

They were alive…he would not let him die. Would not let them hurt. Pain was a terrible thing. They would not feel it. Not while he had strength left in his body!

Goku opened his eyes. He had to push…had to fight!

He would save them…he would have his revenge!!

With a monstrous effort Goku stood straight up. And with a massive flex of his huge arms the ball left his hands. It shot with amazing speed straight up.

The Shrike merely disappeared for a split second to avoid the deadly ball of fire.

The monster looked down at him with hatred in its dreadful eyes.

Goku returned the stare.

But it was all show.

He didn't have anything left.

Looking down at his hands again, Goku winced. They were a mass of burnt and bloodied flesh. His fingers had melted together; he couldn't even spread them, or make a fist.

He could hardly see, his vision blurred by the searing heat he had endured.

He could feel the blisters on his face and neck.

He was half dead, and the monster wasn't even out of breath. That is if it breathed at all.

He was beaten…but he had saved the planet. With a strange moaning sound he powered down.

The monster suddenly was right beside him. It raised one of his many hands, claw extended…Goku readied himself for the blow.

"STOP!"

The monster whirled around.

Before them stood a creature black as night and just as horrible.

It glided toward them…for it didn't walk. Not a ripple in its black flowing robe betrayed the effect.

Wrath: Brother!

With amazing speed the Kia whirled around letting loose a ki blast the color of night, which sent Wrath flying.

He landed hard, he moaned but didn't try to get up.

Wrath: You're to strong…I failed.

Pain: HA finally you're starting to learn Brother.

The Kia turned toward him. Its black eyes searing his soul.

Goku looked up at Shrike. It slowly bowed and took a step back.

Pain: Looks like I arrived just in time.

The man in black came closer. Goku started to panic. Every fiber in his body screamed to get away.

Pain: Look at you. You're a mess.

Goku: Get away from me!

Pain: There now…none of that.

He reached down and touched Goku's shoulder.

Goku cried out. Its touch was terrible…so cold. All feeling left him where his hand had lain.

Pain: I am the Ultimate Kia. Just called me Pain.

Pain turned around his hands started to glow.

Suddenly the ground started to shake.

And out of the blacked ground underneath him a massive stone structure raised toward the heaven. The earth cracked and heaved with great shudders. Goku cried out in surprise as the very earth beneath him changed. Underneath him the ground was now flat and smooth with carvings of strange symbols and letters on its surface. At each corner of the slab stood a large stone with the shape of a man cut deeply in them. In the middle was a small circle raised up from the rest of the structure..

It gave him the creeps. While the Kia had his back turned Goku tried to move away from him. Pain looked over his shoulder, Goku was frozen in place. He couldn't move if he wanted to.

Pain: Like it? I've spent a lot of time and effort making it.

Pain raised his hand toward the sky, dark cloud billowed and lighting streaked in the distance.

Pain: The Trypils has begun!! Pick him up.

The monster, now under Pains control, with little effort dragged Goku to his feet. Goku cried out as the talons on the things claws cut though his burnt flesh.

Pain looked at him, staring into Goku's pain filled eyes. He then nonchalantly blushed some dirt off Goku's shoulder. Goku cringed at the touch.

Pain: You surprised me. I never thought you would get this far.

Pain grabbed Goku's chin, the touch caused him to gasp and his eyes to roll into the back of his head.

The Kia didn't notice and moved his head side to side. Taking in every detail of the Saiy-jin's face.

Pain: Of course you had my brothers help. Not that it helped him. Or you! Your pain at Chi-Chi's fate was the extra boast I needed to take Wraths monster away from him.

You see my Brother thought he could hide the fact that he planned on killing you. But I'll give him this much…he did create a powerful monster.

The Kia left go of his face…Goku gasped…he hadn't been able to breathe, so cold was his touch. It took a step back and chuckled softly.

Pain: I am a fair Kia…I give you a choice Son-Kou.

Pain motioned toward the center of the stone structure.

Pain: Chose to end it. An end to your pain. Your very soul…or

Suddenly Pain whirled and motioned to several figures flying toward them.

Pain: Suffer your friends. All of them! Ubuu, Vegeta, Trunks, Goten, and Gohan.

Goku's eyes widened. The Kia was right. They were coming, he could feel their energies! They would die…the shrike was too powerful.

Pain: And don't think I'll end it there…Pan…and little Chi-kou... Bulma, Bra…everyone will die!

Goku looked toward the black one. He wished he could see his face, but the Kia wore a faceplate.

He had no choice…but…but even if he did…he would chose death.

Goku had nothing.

He wanted to feel nothing.

Goku: Ok what do you want me to do.

Pain: Just sit here.

The monster dragged him to the raised platform and set him down. Goku slumped, it hurt so bad, the burns…his soul.

Pain approached him.

Pain: Here…

He draped over his neck a medallion. Written in some strange language was the words Ultimate Body". Goku briefly wondered how he knew what it said. He dismissed it. He hurt too much to think. He closed his eyes.

Pain: Rest while you can…Brother

Not that far away Solitude cursed loudly!

Solitude: NO!!! We're to late!!

Beside him the most powerful warriors of Earth cried out. They could feel Goku's energies. He was dieing!

Vegeta: We'll give that monster a fight he won't soon forget!

Trunks and Goten moved so that they were side by side. Gotenks was going to make an appearance as well.

Ubuu looked toward his unexpected guest. It had only been a few hours since this strange young boy landed in front of his house. Yet the Kia managed to turn his and everybody's world upside down.

Ubuu: Tell us Kia…what does he want with Goku.

Solitude cringed at the thought. Now was the time to come clean. All his plans, and schemes could do nothing more…maybe the truth could.

Solitude: Billions of years ago, the four brothers were one. But as you can see we split.

Now Pain wishes to bring us together again!

Gohan: What does this have to do with Father.

Solitude: For us to become one…Pain had to find a mortal, strong of body and heart. Goten: What does that mean?

Solitude: It means that your father will become Ultimate Body…the Kia of Body and Souls. We will drawn into him and he shall have our power…all of ours.

Vegeta: WHAT!!

Solitude: Goku's body and soul is the vessel. However it wasn't meant to be like this. The body has to be pure…Goku's been corrupted by Pain.

Vegeta: That doesn't sound good…

Solitude: Pain will gain ultimate power…and everything in the universe will become dark.

Gohan: Father…no!

The Z fighters landed softly at the Trypil's site.

Pain and his monster waited patiently.

Pain: Good of you to join us Brother. I hope you know it's to late.

Solitude: Its never to late! Brother!

Pain: Take your place!

Solitude: No!

Pain: …disable them. But don't kill them. We did make a promised after all.

The shrike attacked.

The Z fighters scattered. Vegeta was the only one to take to the air.

With a single thought he transformed to a super Saiy-jin and attacked the vision from hell beneath him. The monster didn't move as Vegeta placed a well-aimed kick to the monsters head.

The Saiy-jins eyes bulged.

The other warriors all startled at Vegeta scream of pain.

Trunks: DAD!

Both Trunks and Goten ran to the prince's aid.

Vegeta hobbled on the ground a moment before gaining his balance.

He sent a vemomed glare at the monster…it did not move.

Trunks: Dad?

Vegeta: Don't touch that thing. It slices though flesh like nothing I've ever seen.

He gestured down at his foot.

Both boys' eyes widened, and Goten turned his head and threw up.

Vegeta's foot, the one that made contact with the monster was barely hanging on. A few tendons and skin was the only thing keeping the foot from total amputation.

Vegeta: Gohan…I need a bean.

Vegeta caught the small bean as it was thrown to him.

He felt his foot return to normal.

Pain: Shrike! Stop playing with them. End it now.

The monster turned its red eyes toward the kia.

Then it disappeared.

Ubuu, Trunks, Gohan, Goten…

They fell to the monster.

Vegeta stepped back in almost terror as the monster reappeared before him.

He hadn't even seen the creature move. It just darted into and out of existence. Just long enough to place one taloned hand against the pressure point on the back of the head. Each were bleeding badly from the cuts it touch created, but it didn't seem to be fatal.

The others hadn't even been able to move against its speed.

The Shrike was too fast.

Vegeta screamed in rage and Transformed to his highest level.

The monster did not attack.

It slowly turned it head eye tilted upward.

It was then that Vegeta heard it.

A low humming sound. It sounded like an…OH KAMI NO!

Vegeta looked up…up at the sky car making its way toward them.

NO it can't be. Not even Bulma was this stupid!

Up in the car Bulma looked nervously around.

Bulma: Are you sure we can help? What can we do?

Behind her in the back seat a blue skinned woman smiled. Her white eyes flashing!

Anpena: You may not know it but Sky can change the outcome of this battle. She was given the gift…especially for this battle.

Bulma swallowed, Anpena had shown up quiet suddenly. And revealed that Vegeta and her son were in grave peril. And that only Sky could save them.

She had been freaked out, but her instincts told her to do as the girl said. So here she was. Risking her life and her Grand child's because some stranger said so.

Sky: Don't worry Grandma…I know what to do.

The child sounded so sure of herself that Bulma couldn't help but believe her.

Anpena: This is close enough.

After they landed Anpena took the tiny six-year-old child's hand in her own and led her toward the monster and Vegeta.

Vegeta stared. Her couldn't believe it…What the hell was Anpena doing here.

And what was SKY doing here!

Vegeta: Sky! Get Back!! Run away!!!

Neither Anpena nor Sky seemed worried about the nightmare before them.

The Shrike tilted its head as if confused. Suddenly before Vegeta knew what he was doing, the monster sent a small ki blast… which would be enough to kill toward Sky!

Vegeta screamed as it hit!

A cloud of dust rose slowly from the earth. He couldn't see her…but Vegeta knew. Sky was dead!

His Grand child was dead!

Vegeta started gasping…he couldn't control it anymore.

That son of a bitch would Pay!

First Kacorrot…then Trunks…and now Sky!

He wouldn't let him win!

They wouldn't win!

Not while he was alive!!

Suddenly Vegeta felt a snap!

His power exploded! Waves of electricity ran up and down his body. His muscles suddenly taunt grew to amazing size…his brown and black hair started to glow.

Glowing with a silver light!

Vegeta snarled as he bent over in pain!

It hurt…It hurt so very much! But he wouldn't let go…he had to have the power. He reached for it, begging for it to come! The power was inside of him. Waiting…it had always been waiting! Now he would have it!

He was going to save everyone this TIME!

The very earth shook as a blinding flash signaled the end of his transformation. The earth shook and shifted from his power! Everyone standing…even the Shrike was thrown to the ground.

When the dust settled and the light dimmed.

Only Vegeta stood…glowing…he had become a super Saiy-jin 5.

Like the level before it he was covered in a thick layer of hair. But it was silver not brown. The hair on his head still had the flare but it had grown longer, like a strange variation of level 3…of a silver level 3.

Not only that he had grown quiet a bit. His muscle looked huge

Huge muscles…even greater power.

I have the power to beat you!

Are your blades strong enough.

Vegeta attacked.

The monster didn't move as Vegeta sent a massive punch to its face. He felt the metal give with a satisfying crunch.

He jumped back and looked at his hand. It was scratched but not badly.

The monster rocked back and forth obviously stunned. Then it suddenly disappeared.

Vegeta crouched ready for the attack.

It didn't come. His eyes scanned the battle area. Where the hell was the monster.

Did it run away?

Suddenly he felt something behind him. It was suddenly just there.

Vegeta gasped and ducked just barely in time to avoid its grasp. He turned to attack.

It disappeared…

Vegeta cursed as he stopped his attack short.

It appeared beside him. With a mighty swipe the monster hit Vegeta against his cheek.

Blood swelled from the deep cuts.

He turned to attack

It disappeared.

Vegata: DAMN IT. SHOW YOURSELF!

It appeared…once again Vegeta ducked an attack that would have beheaded him easily and turned to attack.

It disappeared.

Vegeta swallowed hard. He couldn't get a hand on the monster. It was doing something. Something he couldn't defend against. It just appeared and disappeared into thin air.

Even with this new power how was he going to defeat it.

Suddenly Vegeta felt something…something that he had only felt on the space ship…and once at the reunion.

His eyes widened as he saw Sky power up.

Anpena smiled and nodded, as she took down the shield she had created to protect them.

Vegeta's mouth hung open as the Shrike appeared.

It looked around as if confused. Its to many taloned hands clicking against its body.

Vegeta smiled!

Sky's power. Alma en Pena…

She was somehow able to cancel out what ever the monster was doing.

Well he was never one to waste time, or an opportunity!

Screaming in suddenly fury Vegeta attacked Again! This time however the Shrike couldn't move out of the way.

Vegeta slammed his fist into the assholes chest.

Actually he slammed his fist all the way through the assholes chest.

The Shrike roared and dropped to the ground…with a huge gapping hole in the middle of its body.

Vegeta lifted his hands up, and with a massive Ki blast…destroyed the spiked nightmare so that not even a single cell survived.

Vegeta learned his lesson from Cell and Buu.

Sky ran to her grandfather. Her eyes wide.

Sky: Wow Grandpa you look cool.

Vegeta smiled.

Anpena walked up to him. But her eyes were sad.

Why was she sad?

Anpena: We were to late. It's started!

Vegeta gasped and looked toward where Goku lay.

He hadn't moved but Solitude and Wrath had. Each was in a stone, which seemed perfectly formed to their body. Pain stood by Goku staring at them. Vegeta felt freaked that he couldn't see his face. Was he mad that Vegeta destroyed his monster? Was he scared? What was he thinking?

Vegeta: I thought Solitude was against this…why did he get in the stone?

Anpena: He had no choice…neither did Wrath.

Suddenly Gohan was beside him. Uh? When did he wake up?

Gohan looked Vegeta up and down his eyes wide before speaking.

Gohan: I gave everybody a sensu bean. But they aren't waking up?

Anpena: They won't…not until the Trypils is over. Gohan did you give a senzu to the girl?

Gohan turned his wide eyes toward Anpena. You could almost see the questions running though his mind. How was this person? What the hell happened to Vegeta? Why was Sky here? What happened to the monster? What the hell was going on?

However only two words were croaked out.

Gohan: What girl?

Anpena pointed. Gohan blinked then ran to do as the woman asked.

Suddenly Vegeta realized something.

Vegeta: There are 4 stones…but only 3 Kia's?

Anpena: No…there are four.

Anpena started to glow and her very body started to shift. Vegeta stepped back his mouth opening wide.

Within seconds it was done, and in Anpena's place…was a young man. He had the same white hair and eyes. But had normal skin, and was very human looking. He wore an open black sleeveless jacket with white trim and black pants. On his jacket there was a symbol…it simply said Soul.

Vegeta: KAMI!! You're Soul!!??

Soul: Yes…

Soul's voice was deep and rich. His face was handsome, but sad.

Soul: I'm sorry Vegeta. I've tried my best. But now I must take my place.

Vegeta: but I don't understand…why…why the disguise.

Soul smiled sadly.

Soul: I realized what Pain was after long ago. However there was nothing I could do as I was without him knowing what I was doing. So I changed…changed forms and power. I became mortal…temporally. That way I could counter him secretly. It was the only way I could think of that might work.

Vegeta nodded although he wasn't sure he understood.

Soul laughed soft and put his hand on Vegeta's silver shoulder. He squeezed it gently, as if reassuring the Saiy-jin. However Vegeta had the distinct impression the kia was trying to reassure himself as well.

With that Soul walked toward Pain. He stood waiting for him by a stone..

Pain: Nice to see you again brother. I was afraid you weren't going to show?

Soul: You haven't won yet brother!

Pain: HA what a joke…Just get into position!

Soul's face twisted, but even then he stepped in front of his stone.

Levitating slightly off the ground both him and Pain were taken into their positions.

The entire structure started to glow brightly!

Inside the circle Goku groaned…he was waking up.

Gohan ran back to Vegeta. Leaving the woman where she lay. He had just given the strange girl a senzu, but like the others she healed but did not awaken.

Vegeta: How do we stop this?

Gohan: I don't think we can!

The two watched as power began to build within the structure.

Vegeta wanted to help, wanted to use his new power and blow that thing to kingdom come. But he sensed…on a higher level that that would be wrong. He even doubted that he could hurt the structure.

Suddenly they heard a scream.

Gohan and Vegeta whirled toward the sound.

For some reason the girl had awaken. She was apparently weaken however because she seemed barely able to move. Gohan was going to run back to her but Sky grabbed his arm. Gohan looked down at her confused.

Sky: Leave her. What she has to do, must be done alone.
Vegeta gave the young half saiy-jin a confused look. He however nodded to signal to Gohan to leave the woman alone. They were out of their league here.

Saradina didn't know what to do. But she had to do it quick! If she didn't something terrible would happen to Goku! She knew it…she had to reach him.

Saradina: Goku!!

Goku stirred…his mind blurry. I thought I heard Saradina?

Saradina: Please Goku! You have to get out of there! PLEASE

Goku couldn't quite hear…someone was talking to him. But he couldn't make out what they were saying!

Saradina: Goku…get up!! Don't leave me! Please…I LOVE YOU GOKU!

I love you Goku…

That's what Chi-Chi said before she died. Somewhere in the darkness…Goku was lost.

Lost in the blackness that had become his soul.

Memories…so many of them.

He wanted to feel nothing.

He didn't want to remember.

I just want to sleep

But the voice didn't stop. In fact it changed…becoming masculine and deep.

White-eyes shone against the darkness.

"Fate doesn't lie…but you can mistake what she says"

What did that mean?

I love you Goku

A soft voice…filled with pain…spoken onto the wind.

Chi-Chi's voice…her last words to him before she died.

I always like it when she blushed

Always so strong, but in her mind…not body.

In the end her body betrayed her.

She always stood up to me…even though I could break her in two

"Chi-Chi is no more."

"She has a destiny to find, and whether you want to believe it or not, its linked with yours."

Goku: Saradina…

Slowly he opened his eyes…light…so much light. It hurt to look.

But he had too…he had to see. Saradina

She was alive.

She was calling to him.

She loved him.

Goku was so tired. He didn't have the strength to think. To question his feelings. He was past death, past time. The only thing still capable to touching him was his feelings. They came as pure as they ever did. He could not deny them here…in the darkness.

Goku: I love you…

His mouth moved…but he was beyond words. He just didn't have the strength.

Somehow despite everything that had happened to him. Goku had fallen in love with her. He had loved her since the beginning. Despite his guilt…despite his pain. She had always been a beautiful shining star to him. She never gave up on him, was always there.

She helped him find the answers he needed. And tried to console him then those same answers hurt.

And now She loved him…

She understood him like none other. She was a Saiy-jin. She had been used by the Kia's. And she knew the pain of lose.

He loved her.

Slowly He reached for her. His hand stretching far out. But physically he couldn't touch her.

But where his hand ended his soul finished.

It touched her.

He felt her pain…he saw the emptiness she spoke of. But it wasn't really an emptiness; it was more like a wound. A wound on her soul.

It was like his…

Saradina looked at him…distance meaning nothing.

Goku felt something deep sparkle and fall into place.

He smiled…tears trailing down his cut and burned face.

They had become one. Their souls completed each other. Healed each other's.

He loved her. She loved him.

It felt right, and strangely familiar.

With sudden insight Goku gasped. He saw what she was. What had truly happened? In a moment everything made sense.

Goku smiled again, he now knew Saradina's destiny. It was the same as his.

His guilt melted away.

Then it happened…Goku's body went ridged. Saradina screamed as she felt what was happening to him.

Light seared his soul, power passed though him.

He was…becoming power.

With a scream of agony Goku as we know him disappeared.

The Trypil's was complete. Pain had gotten what he wanted!

Vegeta opened his eyes. When did he close them?

The last thing he remembered was the light. And…well… cursing like a Sailor as he held Sky close to him. Wait a minute where the hell was he?

Sitting up Vegeta looked around. They defiantly were not on earth!

He blinked as he tried to get his bearings. He was confused? How did he get here…wherever here was? He carefully studied the buildings around him. Searching for any threat. There was nothing. Nothing but silence. Did anyone live here?

It was then he noticed that everyone was here also.

Ubuu, Goten, Trunks, Sky, Gohan, even that girl.

Vegeta: Where's Kacorrot?

Standing up, Vegeta tried to steady himself. The world seemed to dance underneath him.

Gohan was starting to wake up too. Good maybe he would know where they were.

Gohan: Where are we?

Humf the great scholar had spoken. Oh well I didn't really expect him to know anyway.

Vegeta: Don't know?

Goku: You are on the planet Arakis.

Vegeta and Gohan spun around in surprise.

There was Goku…right in front of them.

But he didn't really look like Goku.

Instead of his usual orange or green fighting Gi. He was wearing a long flowing robe. It was an extrovert finely made cloth. The very essence of it seemed to shimmer and shine when he moved. It captured the very light around it making Goku stand out even more.

It was a beautiful and pure white, with gold bands woven into the sleeves and edging.

Vegeta had seen many fine cloths before. He was a prince after all, but nothing compared.

Vegeta swallowed trying to overcome his shock. So he took the moment to study Goku a little. More had changed than just his outfit.

Goku's hair was probably the most noticeable physical change. No longer did it spike out from his head in his strange style. Instead it was shaped as if he were a SS 4. It fell behind his shoulders framing his face. The thing was that Goku was not transformed. He was in his resting state.

The biggest non-physical change was Goku's power. Vegeta could feel it and he was having a hard time believing. It was like nothing he had ever felt…it pulsed though the very air, like a loud heart beat. Vegeta felt awed for the first time in his life.

Goku looked dignified…wise even. At ease with his strange new power.

Finally there was something about him. Something he couldn't put his finger on. Maybe the strange calmness in his now white eyes clued them in that something weird was happening.

Vegeta: Goku?

Goku smiled, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Goku: The first time you use that name and it is no longer is right…(chuckle) It's Ultimate Kia now.

Vegeta eyes grew wide…so it had really happened. It wasn't just a dream. But wasn't darkness supposed to descend? Wasn't something terrible supposed to happen?

Goku didn't seem evil?

Goku: No I'm not evil. In fact I'm not Pain either.

Gohan: What are you?

Goku: I am Soul.

Vegeta: How? I thought that Pain was in control? Or at least that's what Solitude said?

Goku: He was…until the last second. When I learned to love again. Now I am soul.

Goku looked over toward Saradina. Vegeta saw this and smiled.

Who was this girl…Goku seemed to know her…very well. He had only caught a glimpse of her right before everything went black.

Vegeta: A new love?

Goku laughed. A sound so pure and light it sounded something like rain on a new mornings grass. Vegeta felt his jaw drop further.

Goku: No…an old one.

Vegeta: What?

Goku crossed his arms a shadow of pain crossed his features.

Goku: You know a being called Fate told me that Chi-Chi no longer existed.

Vegeta was taken aback? Chi-Chi gone…no wonder Goku had been a wreck.

Goku: The pain from that nearly undid me. But then when all was lost I heard a voice. It said that Fate doesn't lie…but she can be misinterpreted.

Vegeta blinked. He just couldn't get over this change in Goku. It was too weird.

Vegeta: This meaning.

Goku: Chi-Chi doesn't exist, that doesn't mean she's gone…

Vegeta: OK

Goku had totally lost Vegeta. Who the hell was fate…voices in the dark…what was going on?

Goku uncrossed his arms a new light in his eyes

Goku: When the Kia of pain ripped Chi-Chi's soul from me, it was a permanent thing. Even if I had found her I would not have healed. Solitude knew this. So he stole

Chi-Chi's soul.

Vegeta: Well ummm what did he do with it?

Goku: He reincarnated her.

Suddenly Vegeta's eyes grew wide…so did Gohan's. They turned and looked to the girl on the ground.

Gohan: That's my mother!

Goku shook his head.

Goku: Was…Chi-Chi is no more. There is only Saradina.

Vegeta: But she's too old…I mean Chi-Chi only died what 4 years ago.

Goku smiled and everything went bright. Vegeta shielded his eyed from Goku's light.

Goku: Yes…that was what was so brilliant with Solitudes plan. He took her to another dimension. That way the time differences would make her old enough, when the time came. Four years here were 25 in her world.

Gohan: but why all the games? Why didn't Solitude just tell you that girl was Mother?

Goku: He couldn't. I had to fall in love with Saradina as she is now. Not as she was.

By now almost everyone was awake and gawking.

Goten: Man dad…you look weird.

Suddenly everything was noticeably brighter.

Looking around confused, Vegeta spotted something coming out of a temple.

Goku turned and kneeled to the being…a young woman by the look of it.

The woman stopped in front of Goku, gently touching his shoulder. He stood up.

Goku: Fate…?

Vegeta's eyes widened…so this was Fate.

Fate: I see that everything has gone well with you Ultimate Kia. You are now one, as it was meant to be.

Vegeta tried to understand what he was seeing. It was a woman…he thought. She sounded like a woman. But one really couldn't see anything. She was just a lighted blur. Almost looking like a million Fly fires suddenly decided to take the shape of a woman. She had no definite shape.

However Vegeta could feel her power. And Kacorrot the Ultimate Kai had kneeled before her. Who was she??

Fate: Come Brother…you are welcomed back to your home. The place of your birth.

Goku hesitated. He seemed unsure of himself suddenly. He looked to the still sleeping Saradina. Then back to Fate, he seemed to be making a decision.

Fate: Is something wrong?

Goku stepped back away from the woman. She seemed surprised, but it was hard to tell.

Goku: I know I was chosen to be the Ultimate Kia. But…

Fate: But?

Goku: I can't accept this honor.

Now Vegeta knew she was taken aback…so was he? Who would give up ultimate power willingly?

Fate: And why is that Brother?

Goku: Love.

Fate: Love?

Goku: Yes…I cannot return home with you. I have a home here and someone to love.

Fate: I see.

She seemed to soften. Her light becoming less harsh, almost like he touched her greatly.

Fate: And what would you have me do with this power you are giving up?

Goku's eyes narrowed as he thought about he question.

When he looked back up it was plain to all that he had made a decision.

Goku: You were the true beginning. I give this power back to you…as it should be.

Fate nodded and reached out with her hand. Goku took a deep breath and took it.

It was like someone had turned off the light suddenly. Goku ceased his strange glow, his power dimmed. His cloths were replaced with the one he had been wearing on Earth. And his hair settled into its normal position.

When it was done however, Goku was not the same.

The wise look and unspoken dignity remained…as well as his white eyes.

Fate: Live well mortal. You have surprised me greatly. I am proud to have created life. If only to see this day. When a soul gives up the ultimate power…for something greater…Love.

Goku: You yourself did such a thing once. I can do no less.

Fate smiled, she was truly radiate.

Fate: I see…I shall leave now but I shall miss you…Brother.

With that she was gone.

Vegeta did not dare take his eyes off Goku.

Things were just to strange today. And everything seemed to center around that certain Saiy-jin.

Goku turned toward him, his still white eyes shining.

Vegeta: What happens now?

Goku smiled.

Goku: Now we go home, and live happily ever after.

Saradina could hear birds. Birds whistling and chirping happily not far from where she lay. She could feel the sun on her face, its warmth felt good.

She snuggled deeper into the blankets surrounding her body.

Then it hit her. Blankets…birds?

Slowly she opened her eyes in confusion. She wasn't sure if she wanted to. It was warm in her dreams.

She blinked from the to bright room. Well she her dreams were half right. The sun was indeed shining on her.

Saradina sat up in the bed she had moments ago been sleeping in. Where was she? She looked around the small but comfortable looking room.

She had never been here before?

Saradina glanced down at herself, searching for any wounds. She didn't see anything, and she didn't hurt. She was however wearing a cotton night garment of some sort. Not the white dress the Yardatians gave her.

What in the world happened?

Suddenly the door opened.

Saradina gasped and jumped with lightning speed from the bed. She was ready to fight!

A young woman entered carrying a tray of food. She gasped when she saw that Saradina was awake. The girl had long black hair and black eyes. She seemed strangely familiar.

Saradina: Who are you? Where am I?

The girl smiled at her. And for some reason Saradina felt calmed by that smile.

Pan: My name is Pan. I'm Goku's granddaughter. You are in my home.

Saradina: Pan…where is Goku? Is he all right? I don't remember?

Pan: I'm sure someone will clue you in. But for now…

Pan smiled so knowingly at Saradina a blush coming on.

She set the tray down and then turned to start rummaging though a closet. After a moment she found what she was looking for and turned around.

Saradina gasped in surprise. It was her dress. Completely clean and fixed. It looked better than new.

Pan: Grandpa is waiting for you outside.

Saradina: Uh thank you.

She took the dress and changed after Pan left.

She then walked outside. Not sure what to expect.

Saradina felt the warm sun on her skin. She closed her eyes just enjoying the warmth.

Thinking back she searched her memory. She didn't remember much…other than the pain and the darkness. She barely remembered seeing Goku, torn and bleeding on a stone slab. She had called out to him. Told him she loved him.

And amazedly he had somehow returned the love.

Without really realizing what she was doing Saradina went inside of herself, feeling for the emptiness. The wound on her soul.

She gasped eyes opening wide. It wasn't there. It was gone.

Saradina fell to her knees. The soft grass cushioned her knees but she would not have noticed if it were glass.

Tears fell from her face her breath ragged. She had found him.

Found the one to heal her.

She heard soft footsteps behind her. She didn't attempt to turn around. She knew who it was. Without missing a beat Goku kneeled down beside her.

Saradina: So this is how our journey ends. But what of Chi-Chi?

She felt hands wrap around her body. Felt arms embrace her without a hint of guilt or sadness. She felt Goku's breath warm against her neck as he drew breath to speak.

Goku: Chi-chi lives within me, lives within all that loved her while she lived. I shall always grieve for her on some level…but that is enough I think.

For the first time Saradina looked up into his eyes. She startled at what she saw.

What happened to his eyes? They were white.

With a tender hand she touched the side of his face. He nodded knowing her unspoken question.

Goku: A lot has changed while you slept.

Saradina: I guess so. You've changed.

A small frown touched his lips. His eyes sparkled with troubled thoughts.

Goku: Does that bother you?

Saradina thought a moment. She fell in love with Goku as he had been. But was he really all that different? The answer was no…the changes were for the better. The parts that she loved still existed. Only his pain and loneliness had changed. That she could except with ease. She smiled.

Saradina: I'll handle it…just promise me one thing.

Goku: Anything…

Saradina: Will you laugh more? You have a beautiful laugh.

Goku's chuckle felt like the sun and more. It was warm and happy…perfect.

Everything was going to be all right now. She knew that with the same fierce passion that she knew she loved the Saiy-jin in front of her.

Saradina: So what happens now?

Goku bent down closer to her, his arms tightened ever so gently. Softly he whispered to her, his voice soft and deep with love.

Goku: Now I kiss you.

She gasped and looked up at him. Her face started burning with a blush

Saradina laughed softly in return.

She liked that answer.

Slowly ever so slowly Goku dipped his head toward hers. And Saradina found herself looking into his deep eyes. They were white now…not black. But she didn't mind, for the first time in her life she felt whole. In fact she liked them.

Finally after years of searching she had found her destiny.

And when their lips met it was unlike anything she'd ever felt.

It was sweet, it was tender, and it was passionate.

All the things a kiss should be and more…

Because most of all it was Love.

THE END