Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Saiyan Saga ❯ Chapter 3: Training Match:Tien v Yamcha ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
New Saiyan Saga

Chapter 3- Finishing up the training

Disclaimer- I don’t own DBZ or its characters

A/N- Just so everyone knew, I will keep working on this story if I get 1 more review after I put this chapter in.

Tien narrowed his eyes at the man who stood across the long flat plan across from. He stretched out his arm arms and got into is old fighting stance, the same one that had been shown to him my Crane Master Shin years before. The dark style of the assassin had served him well over the years. Looking over at his opponent, he knew the stance, and style he was using right away. He was using a modified stance of a student of the turtle hermit. It was not the same as Roshi, Krillin, and Goku, because it had the fighters own personal touch to it.

Look across at Yamcha who was prepare for the little match between them. Tien had two choices not, either he could move forward, and attack Yamcha, or he could stay back, and defend. If he attacked, he might be able to get an advantage early on in the fight. Then again, if he was going to defend, he might have a good chance at predicting Yamcha’s first attack, and using that to get a quick advantage over him. He decided to attack first, to take out the chance for Yamcha, to use his wolf fang fist to start of the battle.

Tien charged right at Yamcha, watching the defensive movements that Yamcha was making to counter him. A straight on attack in this spot would not be the best possible attack, and he knew that quiet well, but then again he had no plan of making a straight on attack. The only question in his mind was, if Yamcha knew just what his attack plan would be or not. He noticed Yamcha’s front foot slide forward quickly, and Tien then knew it would be a race to see who would get to the right spot before the attack came. He speeds up pushing all his energy into his speed. It was no uses as suddenly he heard a yell, and then he felt the first attack hit him in the stomach. He then was caught up in a hail of punches and kicks. There was only one way he knew to get out of this. He quickly tried to move his hand during the attack to the sides of his head. It was hard, with the attacks coming in such a rapid fashion. Then suddenly came a slow down of attacks, was it because Yamcha knew what he was going to do, or because he was getting weaker.

Whatever the case he raises his hand to the sides of his face, and yelled, “Solar Flare.”

The attack sent light flying in every direction, with the purpose of blinding Yamcha, and giving him a chance to win this match straight up. He headed right at Yamcha, who looked quiet blind, but there was something else, something that told that he was being tricked, and he planned for it quickly. He then sent an uppercut at Yamcha, to find that it was an after image, that Yamcha much of done, right before that Solar Flare, he used the trick, and a good one to boot. Tien smiled to himself as he used the same after image trick on Yamcha he was now behind him and throwing a quick punch to hopefully start into his machine gun fist technique on his opponent, which he was sure, would win the fight. As the first punch went through another after image, he knew he was had. He saw Yamcha for a second, and some how throw up a defense. It make it so, Yamcha attack only knocked him back a few feet. Then he suddenly noticed, a Kamehameha wave coming at him.

Tien quickly put his hands in to the shape of a triangle, “Tri-Beam fire.”

The energy rushed from his hand quickly and countered the Kamehameha, and drove it back in Yamcha’s direction. Tien then changed the direction of the Tri-Beam, so it would not hit Yamcha. He knew such of attack would be a death blow, and end his time in the Pendulum room.

When the smoke cleared from the attack, Yamcha was standing smiling at Tien, “Well that was a nice move, I really though I had you there. I had no clue that you could fire that Tri-Beam so much fast then you used too.”

“Well, I guess I owe that to this training,” Tien replied with a unusual smile formed on his face, “Plus your a lot better then you used to be yourself, first time, I seen that type of counter against the solar flare. It was pretty smart.”

“Well done, your progress has been rather quite impressive,” Bardock said standing up and walking over to the two fighters. “I have to say, I didn’t think you two would be able to raise your power levels this much in this amount of time.”

“Yeah, this is great, I never though I would ever be this strong,” Yamcha said, his tone echoing with pride.

“Well, don’t getting over confident,” Tien said looking at Yamcha, “We have not won this battle yet. Oh how are the other three doing?”

“Actually, they are doing pretty good,” Bardock said with a nod, “It would seem that Yajirobe, and Chaotzu have been able to give Krillin a good run for his money.”

Tien smiled at Bardock, his mind happier that his best friend was doing so well in his training, then that he himself was doing well in his training. At the start of the training, he was afraid, that the little warrior would quiet his training for good. Now, maybe Chaotzu had his warrior’s spirit back.

After a bit, Chaotzu, Yajirobe, and Krillin finished up their match, and joined the others. Each of the warriors new that it would be only be 3 days until, the fight with the Saiyans was going to take place. The training had gone by fast, each of the warriors trained harder then ever. One of the largest reasons was that King Kai had found away for them to use the Pendulum room, and travel to the same basic point in the past, but at the same time made sure that Bardock remember what happened as he trained the warriors. That way he would not have to get to know them every time they trained. The only down side to this was that, because Bardock was always at the same point in time in his life, he couldn’t be able to grow in power.

“Well, I have to ask you guy a question,” Bardock asked, “Are you sure, that this plan of yours to give me a second chance will work?”

“Well, yeah, I think, I am sure, that you and your son are the only ones who would not end up in HIFLs, and so we can use the dragon balls to make a general wish. In this case we could wish back the Saiyans not in HIFL,” Krillin said in a matter of fact type voice.

“Well, then I guess this is going to be interest,” Bardock said rubbing his chin, “I will remember everything that you told me, and I will be much more prepared when we meet next.”

As the 5 warriors disappeared, his mind wondered about what it was going to be like to meet his own grandson, and he hoped get to meet, and know his own son, at some point.

A/N- The power levels are higher then in the series, but I am sure you know, that has to do with the training with Bardock.

Power Levels

Bardock- 4,850

Tien- 4,250

Yamcha- 3,900

Krillin- 3,750

Chaotzu- 1,970

Yajirobe- 1,500