Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ New Students at Orange Star High ❯ Chapter Two - Gohan has some Surprises ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Several months go by without much of an incident. Videl did find out that Gohan was Saiyaman though and blackmailed him into teaching her how to fly. He disappeared from school to train for the tournament. A week before the tournament Gohan shows back up in school.

"Hey Gohan, where ya been?" Erasa asks as he walks into the classroom.

"Well, I had some things I needed to take care of," he lies, "mom needed a lot of extra help around the house and with dad gone that meant me."

"So you really are a momma's boy," Sharpener remarks.

"Hey Gohan, you gonna go watch the World's Martial Arts Tournaments?" Erasa asks, "Videl's gonna compete. And you know your pal Pegaro is gonna be one of the guards."

"I don't know," Gohan says, "I saw a tape of the last tournament and its become a mockery of what it used to be."

"What?!" Erasa nearly shrieks, "how can you say that?"

"Well, my dad and a lot of his friends used to compete in the older tournaments, back when it was the Supreme Martial Arts tournament," Gohan explains, "my dad won the last tournament and he'd been making it to the finals of the tournament since he was a kid."

"Who was your dad?" Pegaro asks, "maybe he'll show up at the tournament. If he does and he makes it, I'll let you know and you can see him."

"Don't bother," Gohan says, "dad's gonna be coming home and spending time with mom, Goten, and me after the tournament. Then he's gonna be leaving again to train. Plus we're gonna be meeting him before the tournament."

"Who is your dad?" Sharpener asks.

"My dad's name is Goku," Gohan replies.

"Wait a minute," Sharpener says, "if your name is Son Gohan, and your dads name is Goku, then his name would be Son Goku, wouldn't it?"

"Yes, it is," Gohan replies.

"He's a martial arts legend!" Sharpener exclaims, "they say he could even be better than Hercule. But he never showed up at the last tournament so I guess we'll be finding out at this one."

"Gohan, you're the son of a martial arts legend and you don't know how to fight?" Erasa asks, slightly vexed.

"I can fight well enough to defend myself and others, but dad told me never to use it for popularity or personal gain," Gohan replies, "such is the way of the Kamesennin style of martial arts."

"Isn't that the style developed by the Turtle Hermit Master Roshi?" a nerdy guy who had been listening in on their conversation asks (A/N: It's the same guy who sits with Sharpener and Erasa at the tournament.).

"Yeah," Gohan answers, "and there are only a few people who ever mastered it. My dad, his grandfather, my mom's dad, and my dad's best friend Krillin."

"Wow, you know all of the masters of the Kamesennin style of martial arts?" the nerdy guy asks.

"Actually, it's more like I'm related to most of them," Gohan replies, "Krillin was like a brother to me when I was little."

"Wow Gohan, for such a nerd you sure know a lot of tough guys," Sharpener says arrogantly, "next thing you know you'll be saying you know Bulma Briefs."

"Actually, she was at the dinner at Gohan's house that I went to my first day here," Pegaro replies, a smug expression on his face.

"You're lying," Sharpener tells Pegaro.

"No, its true," Pegaro replies vehemently, "her, her husband, and her son were there and her son was acting like he was the best friend of Gohan's little brother."

"Trunks is Goten's best friend," Gohan tells Pegaro, "though Vegeta hates it. He never liked my dad and hates the fact that his son is best friend with my dad's younger son. The only reason he even lets Bulma drag him over to our house is because mom can cook and Bulma can't. Normally they just eat take out."

"Will they be at the tournament with you?" Erasa asks.

"Probably, considering Vegeta's gonna be entering," Gohan replies, "I just hope Bulma's gotten him to stop killing people for looking at him wrong. That really wreaked havoc on their marriage until Trunks was born."

"Well, its time for class, so lets wait to finish this conversation at lunch," says Jesse, who wasn't even in the conversation at all and rarely ever spoke to anybody. In fact, during his short time at Orange Star he had somehow alienated just about everyone except for Gohan. In fact, it seemed as if he tried to avoid him. Zarvon just ignored him and Pegaro didn't seem to care.

The rest of the day went by without much trouble. Erasa drilled Gohan on how well he knew the Briefs while Sharpener just feigned interest. Videl listened as well even though she had gotten quite a bit of information about Gohan when he was teaching her to fly.

Jesse listened with interest. Zarvon just feigned interest, though he actually did listen when something caught his attention.

"Gohan, you're never gonna cease to amaze me," Erasa giggles, "you know the Briefs and a lot of tough martial artists who could possibly give Hercule a run for his money."

"Why weren't they at the last tournament?" Videl asks, getting tired of the conversation.

"They were busy training," Gohan replies, "there hadn't been a tournament since the one my dad won and it had been more than the traditional five years so I guess they may have decided to stop the tournament completely. Dad and Piccolo really tore up the ring."

Jesse listens intently to all of this. Gohan had practically been an enigma to him ever since he had arrived. He obviously had a lot of power, but he practically denied even knowing how to fight. Was it possible for someone to be so strong naturally?

Zarvon also listens to Gohan talk as well. Something just wasn't right with Gohan.

"What is this tournament?" he asks, "I haven't heard anything about it."

"The World's Martial arts Tournament is gonna be next week," Erasa explains, "the grand prize is 1,000,000 zenny. Videl is gonna enter, and her dad is gonna be in it since he is the defending champion."

"Where does it take place?" Zarvon asks, "I'd like to see it."

"Its in South City," Erasa replies, "its quite a distance from here though."

"Thanks," Zarvon replies, "I'll see you there."

After school, Videl catches up to Gohan.

"So Gohan, you gonna keep your word?" Videl asks.

"Of course Videl," Gohan replies, "can you imagine how Erasa would react if she found out I was Saiyaman?"

"Its bad enough listening to her say she knows the daughter of the man who saved the world," Videl replies with a ticked tone of voice, "but she means well and she's nice. She's one of the few people who like me for me, not because I'm the daughter of Hercule. Sharpner treats me with respect, though I know he isn't much different from a lot of other guys."

"Hey, don't compare me to Sharpner!" Gohan cries out.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Videl says with an evil gleam in her eye that reminded Gohan way too much of Vegeta, "say, does Pegaro know about you being Saiyaman?"

"Goten spilled everything at dinner that night," Gohan replies miserably, "so did Vegeta. You can't keep that man quiet if you gag him. I remember one time he was beaten practically to death and he was still talking like Erasa does normally."

"Is that possible?" Videl asks, stunned.

"Most of the time nowadays Vegeta is quiet, but when he talks or has a chance to make fun of someone he doesn't like, he won't shut up," Gohan says, "well Videl, I gotta go home now. Mom needs me to catch dinner and I think there's a T-rex roaming around whose tail would make great steaks." With that, he presses the button on his Saiyaman watch and flies off.

~A few days later after school~

Gohan, in his Saiyaman outfit, flies down and blocks the storm of bullets that was about to hit Videl.

"You okay, Miss Videl?" he asks in his Saiyaman voice.

"I'm okay Saiyaman," Videl replies, "think you can disarm these guys? Do that and I can take it from there."

"No problem, Miss Videl," `Saiyaman' says. Moving quickly, he disarms the three crooks with the guns. The moment she notices that all of the gunmen are unarmed, Videl leaps into action. Delivering a sharp kick to one guys gut, following it with a chop to the back of his neck, she takes out the first would be criminal. She then lunges for the next, delivering a punch to his face that sends him into a nearby wall.

The final guy was a bit tougher. He pulled out a switchblade and stabbed at Videl, who dodged and grabbed the guys wrist and flipped him over her shoulder. He lands with a thud.

"Well, `Saiyaman', I can take care of these guys until the cops are able to take care of them," Videl says, "and remember, the tournament is Monday."

"Don't worry Videl, I'll be there," `Saiyaman' says, "I'll be there. After all, my dad's competing and you don't think I'd miss a chance to see him? I haven't seen him in seven years."

"Okay, but make sure you're there or I'll blow your secret wide open," videl threatens. Gohan just chuckles and flies off.

Zarvon was stretching at the same time Gohan was disarming the crooks. He was planning on entering the world tournament and win himself some money. He was sure that he wouldn't win if the fighters his scouter had picked up when he arrived were competing, but he would probably win some money at least. Moving things was too lowly an occupation for a proud Saiyan warrior such as himself. But once he learned more about this planet, he would get a job suitable for a warrior of his rank. He was a Saiyan Elite! He was among the mightiest warriors planet Vegeta had ever produced!

But the sad matter of fact was that three of the warriors on this planet were stronger than King Vegeta would ever be. Silently, Zarvon goes back to exercising as rigorous as possible, hoping that his ki wasn't detected.

Jesse was training as well in Zunzabud Heights. Unlike Zarvon, he had nom worries about his power being detected, even though he could sense the other major powers. He didn't care though. From what he could sense, only two of them, neither of them even human, came even close to his power. And he had erected a barrier of sorts that kept anyone, even the Guardian of the Earth, from detecting his power. Going through intricate routines, Jesse prepares for the tournament. He could sense that times were changing and that things would develop at the Tenkaichi Budoukai.

At Kami's Lookout, Piccolo meditated. He could sense that what he had sensed some time ago was about to happen. He delves deeper into his meditation in an attempt to gather more information. Unfortunately, this was not to be.

"Dabura, Yamu and Spopovitch will gather energy for Majin Buu at the Tenkaichi Budoukai," a short wrinkled yellow alien says, "fighters will have a higher level of energy, especially those pure of heart like this champion of theirs."

"Yes, Babidi," Dabura says, "Yamu and Spopovitch will gather plenty of energy for us to resurrect Majin Buu and then the destruction of the universe will be at hand." `And then I can kill you once I merge with this creature,' he adds with a thought, `serving a lowly wizard such as yourself is beneath me, Dabura the Demon King!'