Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Oblivion ❯ Precious ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Thanks for the great reviews! It is really inspiring for me to see that so far I haven't received a flame, my readers and reviewers are what keep me writing. And I must say that I'm really enjoying writing this fic. Many things are going to happen in the next few chapters so just hang on a bit, because this is going to get good. Ok so I won't keep you guys any longer.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of the characters used here. They belong to Akira Toriyama, Toei, Bird Studio, FUNimation, and the many others that I don't know about.
 
……………….
Precious
 
……………….
 
"You had a fight with your boytoy?" Trunks teased.
 
"Trunks do not bother me right now because I am in the most foulest mood I have ever been in my entire life!" Bra nearly screamed. Her brother flinched at her volume and backed down. She really was angry, but most of all hurt at the fact that Gohan hadn't even let her explain.
 
"Why don't you talk to him?" Trunks asked as he filled out some forms.
 
"Because he's the one that won't let me talk, now he has to apologize if he wants to continue seeing me!" Bra snapped.
 
"You're as stubborn as mom you know, and by the way I met Pan," he said matter-of-factly.
 
"What did you think of her?"
 
"Not my type, I don't want to sound harsh, but she looks like the type of girl a guy would just 'hit and run', if you know what I mean," her brother said with a smirk.
 
Bra rolled her eyes and took out a soda from the fridge. "So will you do it?"
 
"Yeah, I will, but after I come back from my trip," he said.
 
"What trip?"
 
"Next month I have to go back to Japan to have mom sign some forms, and I'll be gone for about two weeks, when I come back I'll do it," he said with a tired sigh.
 
"When you see momma and daddy, tell them that I love them very much alright?"
 
"Sure, now go get some sleep brat its late," he said in that soft brotherly voice.
 
"I will if you do too," she replied.
 
"I'm almost done with these, so don't worry about me."
 
"Alright, don't stay up too late," she muttered as she walked off to her room.
 
……………….
 
 
"So you guys sorta broke up?" Sharon asked.
 
"Yeah, stupid Goten, if I didn't know better I'd say he's trying to break me and you-know-who up, but then again, there is no way Goten can possibly know about us!" Bra whispered as they took notes in Gohan's class.
 
"And he hasn't talked to you since? How long has it been?"
 
"About a week since it happened," Bra said as she scribbled on the margins of her paper.
 
"Gosh, guys can be so stubborn," Maron muttered.
 
"You're telling me," Bra mumbled.
 
"Ms. Briefs am I interrupting your conversation? Some students come here to learn so if you're not one of them, I'm going to ask you to leave," Gohan snapped at her, the whole class looked up and stared between her and the teacher.
 
Bra turned red in anger and uncrossed her legs. She then stuffed her things into her backpack and stood. "I am in no mood to deal with this asshole," Bra muttered at Maron and Sharon. She marched across the room towards the door and shot Gohan an angry glare, she then grabbed the door and left slamming it roughly behind her.
 
Gohan put down his book and glasses and then slammed a fist on his desk. "Finish taking the notes on the board and I will be back in a few minutes," he said as he ran towards the door and after Bra.
 
He caught up to her just as she was turning the corner, he grabbed her arm and turned her around. "Gohan leave me alone, I am not in the mood to have you harass me and embarrass me in front of your whole damn class!" Bra tried not to yell but she felt very frustrated.
 
"Look I apologize for the incident in the classroom, but you must understand what it felt like to see you with my brother!" He whispered angrily.
 
"The problem was that you didn't let me explain! You just assumed the worst and didn't even let me defend myself! Now leave me alone, I have better things to do than to stay here and argue with you." Bra snatched her arm from his grip.
 
"I will give you the chance to explain to me what it was that I saw," Gohan said seriously.
 
"Oh, so NOW you want to hear it!" Bra said mockingly. "Well too bad Gohan, because I wont tell you anything until you apologize."
 
"Why should I apologize? You were the one that was smooching with my brother!"
 
"Oh yeah? Well I'm not the one who is married!" Bra shot back.
 
"Was that a problem when you were all over me the times we have gone out?" He asked smugly.
 
"I didn't hear you complaining," Bra huffed and turned away from him.
 
"Look Bra," he sighed softly and turned her around. "The last thing I want is for us to be angry at each other when we clearly have something special."
 
"But you think that what we are doing is wrong and blah blah blah, I don't need your sympathy Gohan. Just tell me that you want to go back to your wife and that will be the end of it!"
 
"As much as I love being with you, the truth is that what we are doing is wrong. I am married and I am old enough to be your father."
 
"Then why did you get so riled up when you saw Goten kiss me?"
 
"It was just a shock to see you that way," he mumbled.
 
Bra nodded and pursed her lips. "Fine Gohan, if this is the end, then so be it. I wont bother to speak to you aside from student to teacher."
 
"I-I I'm sorry," he muttered.
 
"So am I," Bra said softly and walked away from him.
 
Gohan watched her go and growled to himself, why did he feel so bad about letting her go? There was a twinge in his heart at the sad look that had been reflected in her lovely blue eyes.
 
'What have you done to me child?' He asked himself.
 
……………….
 
Bra hastily wiped away the tears going down her face. 'This was all a game, why am I crying?' She asked herself. She unlocked her car and got in. 'I can't possibly be falling for him can I?' She screamed at herself and revved her car, she then pulled out of the parking lot and left.
 
……………….
 
A few more weeks passed by and things between her and Gohan didn't change much. Bra didn't talk to him as much anymore, and they had refrained from sharing any kisses or touches.
 
Sometimes while she was in class doing an assignment, Bra would look up and find Gohan staring at her with a sad look in his eyes. She would shoot him a glare and then continue doing her work without another glance.
 
Bra was sitting on campus watching as her brother laid all his charms and began to flirt with Pan.
 
"She swears he's actually into her," Maron whispered hatefully.
 
"Now Maron, don't get jealous, the fact that he's flirting with her doesn't mean that he's going to stop seeing you," Bra said with a smirk. "My brother has told me how close you two have become."
 
Maron blushed and sipped on her smoothie, "he actually tells you about that?"
 
"Not in detail, but he did explain why he didn't come home one night," Bra and Sharon snickered.
 
"My new room-mates weren't home and I was lonely," Maron said with a pout.
 
"Yeah and you just needed a stuffed bear to sleep with, ne?" Sharon asked.
 
"We did have quite a lot of fun," Maron snickered when the two other girls scowled.
 
"Yeah and I didn't need to know that," Bra laughed.
 
"Seriously, I don't want details on what you do with my cousin," Sharon said sticking out her tongue childishly.
 
"Then stop harassing me unless you want me to get into REAL detail," Maron argued.
 
Bra put up her hands in defense and then looked up when Maron elbowed her in the side. "Look," was all she said.
 
Bra watched silently as Gohan walked past her, he looked at her briefly and then kept walking. "So?" Bra snapped.
 
"You guys are definitely not talking?" Sharon asked.
 
"No, I gave him the chance to apologize but he didn't. But I'm quite certain that feelings for me had started to grow inside of him. I could feel it in his kiss, in his touch..." Bra trailed off and frowned.
 
"You are falling in love with him?" Maron said it as a statement rather than a question.
 
Bra's eyes widened and she shook her head, "No. This is all just a game, I can't possibly be... can I?" she asked with a pleading look at her friends.
 
Sharon just looked away and Maron smiled. "That is for you and only you to figure out Bra." Her friend said wisely.
 
Bra scowled and crossed her arms. "Even if I did love him, he'd be too involved with his wife because "what we are doing is wrong", tell that to someone who believes you," she muttered towards his retreating form.
 
Trunks then kissed Pan on the cheek and walked towards them. He waved at his sister and cousin, and shot 'his girl' a smirk. Maron huffed and looked away from him.
 
"Is my little blondie jealous?" he teased as he kissed her neck.
 
"This little blondie will kick your ass if you get too involved with that little witch," she shot back.
 
"Don't worry about it baby, she's just going to be a game, she means nothing to me," he said as he pulled her up, sat on her chair and then pulled her over his lap. Bra eyed her brother carefully and shot him a you- better-not-be-playing-with-her look. He just shook his head and turned back to her. "Hey there's a party tonight that I was invited to, you girls wanna go?" Trunks asked.
 
"You don't even come to this University and you were already invited to a party?" Sharon asked.
 
"Yeah, I just tell them I got transferred and give some girls one of my dazzling smiles and I'm in," he said with a smirk.
 
Bra sniggered to herself and opened a candy wrapper. "Well, I for one AM going, I can go for getting wasted at the moment."
 
Trunks and Sharon gave each other a look and Trunks shook his head. "Your still mad at your guy?"
 
"He's not my guy, we were never really official either, we just went our separate ways," Bra shrugged and crossed her arms over her chest angrily.
 
"Alright then, here is the address, we'll all meet at the front of the house at 9pm, got it?" Trunks asked. All three girls nodded, and they stood to go to class.
 
"You look nice, but you better not get TOO wasted, and be careful with guys I don't want you to end up getting hurt either," Trunks said as he grabbed his coat and went towards the door.
 
"You too, don't let Maron see you with other girls either, or she'll really kick your ass," Bra said with a laugh. She was wearing a short denim skirt, her knee high boots, and a navy blue halter top, with a matching denim jacket. Her hair was down and she was wearing normal make-up.
 
"Let's get going then," her brother said as she stepped out and then closed the door.
 
……………….
 
The party was actually pretty good, and as soon as she got there, many good looking guys tried to pick her up. She became quite interested in one or two, but the rest just started to annoy her.
 
Just as she was walking towards the door with her second beer in her hand, she slammed into someone. She looked up and her eyes met with dark black ones, of a very cute young man.
 
"Sorry," he said almost shyly. He had dark tanned skin, black hair and he looked intriguing but with a lot of shyness in him. He stared at her for a moment, and had Bra not been a little drunk, she would have realized that he was checking her out.
 
"That's ok," Bra chortled as she reaffirmed her grip on the beer bottle. "My name is Bra, what's yours?"
 
"Uub, nice to meet you," he extended his hand with a small smile.
 
"I haven't seen you around, are you new?"
 
"Yes, I just transferred from Japan to the states, what about you?"
 
"No, I've been here for a year already. Do you have a girlfriend?" Bra asked boldly.
 
He shook his head and blushed deeply.
 
"That's good, because you're cute, but be careful with who you hang around with," she said a bit slurry. He nodded with a smile and waved at her as he walked away.
 
"Cute," Bra muttered as she made a U-turn and walked over to get another beer. Trunks caught up to her and grabbed her arm.
 
"Having fun, sis?" he asked in a slurred voice also.
 
"The drinks are good, what are you doing now?"
 
"I'm leaving with Maron, here," he said handing her the capsule with his car in it. "Don't stay too long and stop drinking, I don't want you to have an accident, it will be safer that you get Sharon to drive you she hasn't had a drink," he said sternly.
 
"She hates drinking," Bra nodded stupidly and walked off to get another beer. After that one, she met a guy and he had a very convincing way of flirting with her.
 
"So how about it babe? Wanna 'check out' my car?" He asked as he grabbed her hand and began to pull her outside. He had a nice brand new Thunder Bird where up until now he had been a gentleman. But once inside it, he tried to be Mr. Grabby.
 
His lips went from her mouth to her neck, and his hands began to grip her butt. Bra laughed against him, but then an image of Gohan's face came unbidden into her mind, and she remembered what his kisses had been like. Bra tried to push him away but he was much bigger than her and he just pinned her arms to her side and shoved her legs apart.
 
"Let me go you big oaf!" Bra screamed into his ear. He slapped her across the face and kept on fondling her.
 
"You little slut, you weren't complaining before, now keep still, I promise you'll have a good time," he chuckled as he grabbed a breast.
 
"NO! HELP! LET ME GO YOU BASTARD!" She screamed, hoping someone would hear her. "SOMEBODY HELP! LET GO!"
 
Suddenly his great weight was lifted off of her and she saw that he was pulled over the car. She sat up nearly in tears and watched in shock as a dark figure nearly pounded the hell out of the guy.
 
"Don't you ever disrespect a woman like that again! And stay the hell away from her!" The man screamed. Bra tried her best to not break into tears and she fixed her shirt and her jacket. She then stepped out of the car shaking in fear.
 
"Bra?"
 
She looked up and broke into tears. "Gohan?" she fell into his strong arms and started sobbing. He held her tightly and kissed the top of her head.
 
"Its ok sweety, I'm here, nobody is going to hurt you!" He said as he rubbed her back soothingly.
 
"Oh Gohan, it was horrible!" She cried. "Please take me home?"
 
He nodded and took the capsule she offered. When the car popped out he helped her in and then went to the passenger side. While he drove, Bra didn't talk or look at him, she just sobbed quietly and looked at her hands.
 
A few minutes later, he pulled into the parking of her apartment and got off. He walked over to her side and slowly helped her out. Bra kept her head down, feeling too ashamed to even look him in the eyes. He took hold of her hand and then pulled her to the elevator and used her key to get in.
 
Once inside her apartment, he turned to look at her and sighed when she turned away from him and started to cry. Gohan frowned and took her in his arms.
 
"It's ok, don't cry," he whispered softly. He now noticed that she was drunk and that her hair was mused and her make-up had run off her face. "Come here, you need to get to bed." He put a hand to her back and one behind her knees and picked her up. He took her to her room and sat her on the bed.
 
He then fished through her drawers and pulled out a pair of sweat pants and a T-shirt. "Bra, can you put these on?" he asked her softly. She looked at the clothing and nodded slowly.
 
She nearly fell of the bed when she started to remove her jacket so Gohan helped her. He removed her jacket, then her boots and then awkwardly helped her take off her skirt and put on the pants. He opted for just putting the large shirt over her halter top. He then lifted the covers and helped her get into bed.
 
Right before she drifted off, she slurred some last words, "Please stay with me Gohan."
 
"Don't worry, I wont leave you," he said as he took off his shoes and got into bed with her, but over the sheets. She snuggled against him and he gently ran a hand through her hair until her breathing became even. He then kissed her face and drifted off to sleep himself.
 
…………
 
In the morning, Bra woke with a start and ran straight to the bathroom to deposit yesterdays contents in the john. She then walked to the sink and washed her face and teeth, she looked at herself in the mirror and grimaced. She had bags under her eyes, her face was pale making her look like a ghost, and she wore a look that was fit to scare the dead. She felt that with the headache she felt she'd need a whole bottle of aspirin to make it go away. 'When you're getting drunk you never think of the consequences,' she thought bitterly.
 
She then decided to get a really black coffee and made her way towards the kitchen. On her way she passed a sleeping Gohan on the couch and just yawned. She poured her coffee and was about to take a sip when she finally realized that Gohan was there.
 
Bra smacked her forehead and felt like an idiot. She could remember bits and pieces of what went on the night before and again she felt tears threatening to fall. She pulled out a stool and sat in it, the noise waking Gohan up.
 
He sat up and yawned tiredly, he then stood and stretched his cramped muscles, he turned and stopped dead in his tracks. She was frowning down at her coffee and a hand was pulling at her hair.
 
"Good morning," he whispered.
 
"Maybe for you because I for one am having the worst morning ever," she muttered.
 
"How's the hang-over? You feeling ok?"
 
Bra shook her head. "Not with all the trouble I caused yesterday. Gosh I was so stupid! I got totally wasted and I almost ended up getting raped," she said running a hand through her hair.
 
"That was not your fault, though I must admit that getting drunk is not a good thing to do," he said as he walked over to her. "Don't beat yourself up about it."
 
"I just have one question," Bra muttered, he nodded and she continued. "Why was it that you were there when that guy was attacking me?"
 
"I live near the house where the party was. I was stressed so I went out for a walk, that's when I heard you scream. But at the moment I didn't know it was you," he said softly.
 
Bra felt like wailing in embarrassment but she just looked down shamefully. "You must see me as some foolish little girl, don't you? And I don't blame you, no wonder you want nothing to do with me. No wonder you don't want me," Bra said the last part mostly to herself.
 
Gohan kneeled before her and pushed her chin up to look her in the eyes, "What makes you think that I don't want you?"
 
"For one I get drunk and make a fool out of myself, two I-- what did you just say?"
 
"I asked that what makes you think I don't want you? You're smart, beautiful, sharp-witted, what more can a man ask for?"
 
"A more mature woman," she whined to herself. Then she turned to look him in the eye. "You're not lying to me are you?" she asked, he shook his head. "Then why do you refuse a relationship with me?"
 
"You know why, you're too young and I'm a married man. You deserve someone that has more things in common with you."
 
"But how can you say that when you haven't even given us a chance? What's wrong with just having a physical relationship?" She asked as her blue eyes searched his.
 
"Because I don't want to base a relationship on just sex, I want to know you," he replied.
 
"Then what's stopping you?" Bra asked smugly. He seemed to think for a few seconds and then he sighed softly.
 
"Fine. But you must understand that I am married and that my obligation goes to my family first," he told her sternly.
 
"As long as you have time for me, I don't care," she whispered with a huge smile.
 
Gohan grinned back and brought her face to his and their lips touched in a sweet lingering kiss.
 
"I will always have time for you my sweet precious Bra..."
 
……………….
……………….
……………….
……………….
 
 
Ok, next chapter is going to be a surprise, let me know if you guys like it, I'll see you in a few!
 
Byebye
 
!Joey!