Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ One Step at a Time ❯ Now is Mine ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Here is another addition to the Bulma/Vegeta songfic series. This one occurs right before Vegeta goes to train in space. I had a really hard time writing this one (I'm not used to writing in the pov of a man…..especially one like Vegeta-chan), so please leave comments, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not join Dragonball Z or any of its characters. They belong to all of their respected companies. I also do not own the lyrics to "Now is Mine," they belong to K's Choice.

"Now is Mine…"

I am not sure how much more of this I can take.

Don't get me wrong, it is not that I do not enjoy it, but I enjoy it far too much. The woman is infecting me. Her influence constantly surrounds me. She invades my sleep, creeping into my dreams. Her voice haunts me as I eat. Her body plagues me while I train. I cannot seem to ever escape her. And I think she is beginning to notice.

And now there is a brat to worry about.

My past, my future, my disease.

Perhaps, collapse, to make me seize

A moment, just a breeze...

How did I allow myself to be overwhelmed? Never have I allowed an opponent to affect me so.

But is she really my enemy?

It must be this planet. I am getting to soft. Am I turning into Kakarot?

What is wrong with me? What is it about her that affects me so?

I am beginning to dwell on memories. I think of my past much more frequently now. My sleep is plagued with nightmares of my home planet's demise and of my frequent beatings. But these are the things that have made me strong. And she is always there.

I should be immune to charm.

I am no longer the cold-hearted killer I once was. I can't be. I am not stupid. If I even tried to destroy this mud ball, Kakarot would destroy me. I am not yet strong enough to beat him, not that I would ever tell anyone else that fact.

I must become a Super Saiyan.

Once again, it all comes back to that.

But if I do become a Super Saiyan, and I am able to defeat Kakarot, what then? With Frieza dead, what do I have left?

Is my future worthless?

Am I worthless?

Grateful, humble, I allow

These words to be the past somehow

I wonder,

Am I here now?

Why is it that thoughts of my future always lead back to her?

I am grateful for what the woman has given me. I had nowhere else to go, except the wilderness. But a prince does not live among beasts, so I chose to stay. The woman repairs my Gravity Room, after frequent commands, feeds me, and provides clothes. I am not so stubborn as to reject such things. One of royal blood, such as myself, deserves these gifts. I may not say it, but I am grateful.

But she gives me one more thing.

The woman loves me. She told me so.

And I had no idea how to respond.

I can accept shelter, clothes, and food with ease. But I do not know how to receive love, or give it in return.

Sex, however, is another story.

And that is exactly the problem. This is what intoxicates me.

These memories drift to me like dreams, riding on clouds that fog my brain and my judgment. The sensations that course through my body with such unbridled emotion are like a drug that I am hopelessly addicted to. The smell of her hair when I pull her close. The sound of her voice as she moans my name into my neck. The taste of my lips against hers. The feel of our hips hopelessly rocking against each other. These feelings leave me wondering where I am as I drift out of my daydreaming, leaving me longing for her again.

See! I have done it again!

Am I here now?

I feel, hear, see and it confuses me.

I am wrong,

I am here now.

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Take yesterday for example.

I was training in the GR at 400 times gravity, a simple fear for one such as I. In an attempt to increase my speed, I was doing an exercise using the father's droids. I shot several small ki blasts at them, which were deflected back at me from various angles. I use this exercise frequently as I have found it produces good results in speed, attention, and reaction time.

However, my mind was soon drifting toward that infernal woman again.

I was soon struck by a blast that could have been easily dodged, square in my right shoulder.

Cursing loudly, I quickly destroyed the droids and powered down the GR, wishing I were somewhere other than this ridiculous planet and its pathetic emotional influence.

But I was still here.

And there was something that I needed. By my recent action, I decided that I needed it right away.

A prince's needs are always immediately fulfilled.

Is mine I'll take it

All around the world

Take my future, past, it's fine

But now is mine

I found her in her study room, working on some new formula for one of her father's inventions. As usual, it took very little persuasion on my part to get her away from her desk and into my bed.

She doesn't even bother resisting anymore. She simply gives into the inevitable.

And for a moment, there was nothing else. There was no Super Saiyan level, there was no more pain, and there was no more Kakarot. There was just pure, simple, pleasure; an escape for reality.

An escape that is too easily found always leads to a trap.

So now, because of my carelessness and hers, the woman is with child.

And my future, regardless of my wishes, will be forever tied to hers, through a useless, half-breed, brat.

I need time. But now is all I have ever had.

My precious present, will you bloom

To make this fourth dimension womb?

Stop asking, stop asking why.

I never thought a single person would ever give me so much.

I wonder what the brat will look like. How strong will he be? Although it is hard to admit, Kakarot's brat is talented, for one who is only half-Saiyan. He has the potential to surpass even his father, if only he would learn to control his power. Could it be that my son will be as strong.

Well, I suppose with my blood, it is almost assured.

But why am I thinking of these things. I never asked for this. What disturbs me most is that I have discovered that I actually care for this human female and her brat. I just don't understand - I have never 'cared' for anyone before. Why her? Why now?

Why me?

All I know is all I am

Will never fully understand my breathing.

By common laws of nature, I shouldn't even be alive. It was because of a careless wish on the Namek Dragonballs that I breathe today. If the little green one had known that I would be resurrected by that wish, I am certain that he would have altered his choice of words.

Sometime I wish I had stayed deceased.

I suppose I do deserve death, or worse. I couldn't destroy the tyrant that destroyed my home, my people. Instead, I had to fall back on a third-class outcast who watched me in my worst moment as tears and blood left my body. I should be dead, with the people I failed - my people.

Prince of a dead race - that is what I truly am.

I try, how I try

To feel, hear, see and it confuses me.

I am wrong,

I am here now.

It is so hard for me to change. I wonder if I can, or if I even want to. I can't be the man she wants. To care is to forfeit your life to another, and I simply cannot do that.

To do that is to embrace death.

I need to leave before I am sucked so far under that I can't reach the surface again.

I walk out onto the balcony and stare up at the stars, contemplating where I should go - where I should run.

Then, I hear a soft sound whisper my name into the brisk night air.

"You are leaving, aren't you?" the blue-haired woman asks me. She knows me better than I thought.

I nod.

She sighs sadly in response, tears threatening to creep into her warm cerulean gaze. "I understand, Vegeta. I will see you again when you are a Super Saiyan."

Then she simply walks back into the house.

She truly knows how important this is to me.

Without any more hesitation, I fly down to the Gravity Room and switch it to space mode. I am leaving.

And I am leaving now.

And although I take this time for myself, I know that I will be back. I will not be weak, and I will not show weakness when it is time for my return. I must achieve my destiny. All other distractions will have to wait.

I will become a Super Saiyan.

But I know that this cursed planet and a single woman will fill my thoughts.

Is mine,

I'll take it all around the world.

Take my future, past, it's fine…

Goodbye, Bulma, until I return.

But now is mine.