Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Other World ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"The seconds they're not moving!" exclaimed Bulma as she stared at her digital. Yamcha walked up behind her and she handed the watch to him. He observed it for a few moments then spoke.

"A second just moved Babe, it just takes some time. Is your watch broken?"

"No, it can't be. I think we're just moving through time really slowly. Maybe it has something to do with the gravity core."

"The gravity core?" asked Yamcha "What's that?"

"It's the thing that Vegeta blew up. Please go and get him. I think I have an idea of what's happened. I'll be in the dining room." Bulma and Yamcha both walked into the house. Bulma walked towards the dining room and put her utility belt on the table, while Yamcha went upstairs to get Vegeta.

***

Seeing that the two humans, well the two bakas were ignoring him, Vegeta went inside the capsule house and walked straight to the kitchen.

He hadn't eaten since the previous nights dinner.

Vegeta looked inside the fridge, but didn't see much, so then he searched through the cabinets. Not much was there either

Vegeta finally settled on some fruit, 3 boxes of cereal, and a bottle of soda. It would only take the edge off of his hunger, but it was better than nothing.

With his food in hand he went upstairs and into the closest room.

The room had a queen-sized bed, a mirror, a dresser, and a door that he guessed led to a bathroom.

Vegeta put the food on the bed, sat on it and begun to eat and think about what was going on.

"How was it possible that the pathetic weakling could have a tail; a Saiyan tail." Thought Vegeta "He couldn't have been sent to earth as well as Kakkarot and why all of a sudden was he so, so" Vegeta struggled with the word "so weak?"

Vegeta continued to think on this for a few minutes and reached for the jug of soda, the he put it back. He had about a quarter of the bottle left and he had only opened one box of cereal with only half of that gone.

"Now I've gone and lost my appetite too." Vegeta grumbled "You'd think I wasn't even Saiyan anymore."

Vegeta paused and went over what he had just said again in his mind. Then he thought over all that had happened: He couldn't fly, He couldn't shoot ki blast, He got tired quickly, He couldn't eat as much, and worst of all, he was weak.

Vegeta's face paled as he realized what had happened. He didn't know how it happened, but he knew what had happened. It explained everything. Why the woman was no longer weak, why the pathetic weakling was now a pathetic excuse for a Saiyan, and why he was as he was.

"If he's me, and I'm weak, but she's not then that means I'm the Onna…."

The door opened to the room and Yamcha walked in, his tail swinging behind him.

"No," Vegeta thought, "My tail."

***

"YOU!!!!!!!" Bulma looked up towards the stairs as a yell erupted from it. Soon after she heard something crashing and she stood, prepared to go upstairs to see what had happened. It wasn't necessary though because soon more outbursts came.

"This is all your fault and that baka Onna's!" and, "Put me down or I swear I'll break your arm."

Just after that last comment she saw Yamcha walking out of the hallway holding an angry Vegeta with one arm.

"What happened?" Bulma asked

"I don't know" Yamcha said. "I walked into the door, he yelled at me and then threw a lamp."

"Threw a lamp?" Bulma smiled despite herself. She herself had been forced to throw something at Vegeta more than once in the hopes of hurting him. Of course it never worked and he usually just looked at her with an amused look that made her angrier and caused more things to be broken. For Vegeta to be reduced to that level was just too funny for Bulma.

Yamcha put Vegeta down once he got down the stairs and into the dining room. Vegeta grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest.

"All right Vegeta," Bulma said getting serious again. "You can't just go around destroying things. At home things could be replaced, not that I was happy about it there either, but here, wherever here is, were strapped for supplies and I don't know how long it's going to take to get us back."

"Fine, I'll just leave then. It's not like I want to be here anyway, but only after I get what I want."

"I don't know what your issue is so you can leave whenever you want for all I care, but you might want to hear what I have to say first."

"No woman. I think I'll talk first." Bulma opened her mouth to speak, but Vegeta continued, "You and this baka here have both gotten on my bad side seriously. He took my saiyaness." Vegeta said for lack of a better word, "and I got stuck with your dna or something like it and you better fix it or..."

"Or what Vegeta?" Bulma said, "What you said makes good enough sense, but you can't order me to do anything. You're to weak." Vegeta glared at Bulma, but remained silent, seeing the truth in her words.

"Now," she continued, "We know another part of the problem. What I think happened was that when you destroyed the gravity core Vegeta, we got sent here through some sort of rip through space and time. I don't understand exactly how it happened, but maybe all that gravity exploding at once made the rip."

She tossed Vegeta the digital watch "Look at the seconds. They're moving, but slowly. I think we're stuck in some sort of time warp world. Most likely another dimension, but it's definitely not from our solar system or galaxy. That would explain those people, and the weird monsters."

"Why not just make another core?" asked Vegeta

"I plan to, but it'll take some time since I don't have my diagrams or all the right parts. Till then we'll have to make do."

"Well what about food?" asked Yamcha, who was for some reason starving.

"That's another problem," said Bulma "I have some emergency food in capsules, but with the three of us I'm not sure how long it'll last."

"What about the food in the house?" asked Vegeta

"You could eat that crap if you had a death wish. Most of it has expired since I haven't really restocked the house."

"Oh…" Vegeta said absentmindedly.

"That's why that food tasted stale." he thought to himself "And that's why his stomach felt a little uneasy."

"I'll just be upstairs." he said and walked back upstairs. A minute later you could hear sounds coming from the bathroom.

"He, he ate the food…" Bulma said

"Oh he'll be ok," said Yamcha, not really caring as he walked beside Bulma", but the more important thing to worry about now is where we'll be sleeping."

"It's not really that hard of a decision. I'll be sleeping upstairs and you and Vegeta can share the couch bed."

"That's cold Babe. You wouldn't even sleep with Vegeta so don't make me."

Bulma laughed and Yamcha guessed that it was because she agreed with him, but it was actually because more than once Bulma had found herself wondering what it would be like to be with Vegeta. Mainly right after breakups with Yamcha.

"You can sleep on the floor then."

"The floor in your room?"

"No Yamcha. I told you it was over. The situation we're in might have thrown me off track, but I still remember things."

"Alright, if you say so Babe."

"Hey Yamcha?" Bulma asked

"Yeah?"

"Could you move that tail from my leg?"

"Oh yeah sure…"

***

Do you like my story? Then please let me know by reviewing. Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.