Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Other World ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13

"So you finally decided to wake up." Bulma said as Vegeta opened his eyes. He had been out for half an hour.

Vegeta sat up fully and looked around. He noticed the same things Bulma had when she first entered with the addition of a pile of dry sticks that were lying on one side of the cave.

"How do you feel? I hope I didn't hit you too hard." stated Bulma trying not to grin.

Vegeta simply grunted

"Come on Vegeta," Bulma said as she stood, "We need to look for food."

Vegeta didn't argue and stood as well. As he stood Vegeta noticed that he felt lighter. Looking down, he figured out why.

"There gone! How?"

"Don't ask me." Bulma said with a shrug as she walked out of the cave.

Vegeta stayed put for a moment longer, wondering how it had happened, but then shrugged as well and followed Bulma.

After a while they came upon a birds nest on the ground. One bird was sitting on the nest and the other walked near it. The birds were both big, about the size of turkeys. Their feathers were pink and they had no beaks.

"There's our food woman," Vegeta said

"Food? But they're so cute," Bulma responded

Vegeta grimaced, "Woman just kill them already."

"Kill them; with what? Besides, don't you know that when an animal sticks out like that, then it's probably poisonous?"

"Woman the trees and grass change colors. Pink must show up sometime."

"Oh," Bulma said," I'm still not doing it."

"I'll do it then, but I get first pick when we cook them." Vegeta said and surprised Bulma by summoning energy in one hand.

"I didn't know you could do that." Bulma said.

"Of course I can." Vegeta responded.

"Well make it bigger already." Bulma said, referring to the golf ball sized energy in his hand.

"I would if I could, but it's not size that matters anyway. It's how I use it."

"Of course…" Bulma said as a sweatdrop appeared on her forehead.

"Watch and learn woman." Vegeta hurled the energy ball at the bird that was walking. It hit the bird and disappeared instantly.

The attack had succeeded in scorching a few feathers and also succeeded in alerting the bird of their presence. The bird turned to them and walked over slowly.

"It's too stupid to realize that it should fear us," said Vegeta. "Won't be long before this species is extinct"

"And he's cute too." Bulma commented. At that, the bird's feathers shot up all around him and he let out a repetitive clucking sound.

"Vegeta, I think we should leave." Bulma said as she backed away.

"What can it do to us?" Vegeta responded

"Ever seen Jurassic Park?" Bulma asked.

"No."

"The Birds?"

"No."

"Well I guess there's no convincing you." Bulma said as she turned around and ran.

"She's afraid of nothing." Vegeta said as he reached out to grab the bird.

It moved out of the way and opened its mouth, showing rows of razor sharp teeth.

Vegeta: o_O *runs* (role play mode??) A look of horror appeared on Vegeta's face and he stepped back. The enraged bird took a snap at him causing Vegeta to follow Bulma's example and run for his life. (This better?)

Vegeta ran from the pink so called stupid, and lets not forget, cute bird for a few moments before being scooped up into a tree by Bulma.

The bird stayed around under the tree clucking for a few more minutes then gave up and left.

Bulma delivered the customary "Told ya' so." Then jumped off of the tree with Vegeta.

"We'll have to find something else to eat." Bulma said as she looked around. "Hey look at that!" Bulma said while pointing to a tree. The tree had orange fruit that resembled a pear.

"There's our lunch." Bulma said, "We'll be eating light."

"How do you know that they're not poisonous?" Vegeta asked as Bulma piled the fruit onto the ground.

"I don't," Bulma responded.

"So your choice of fruit is better than my choice in meat?" Vegeta said with a scowl.

"Vegeta that bird tried to eat us. Get over it." Bulma said as lifted her shirt a little so that she could carry the fruit in it. After gathering enough fruit for both of them, Bulma started walking back toward the cave. "Are you coming?" she stated to Vegeta.

Vegeta let out a heavy sigh, realizing he had no other choice, followed her back to the cave.

"How do you open these things?" Vegeta asked once they were back in the cave.

"Like this." Bulma said as she peeled the skin off like a banana. Vegeta did the same.

"You eat it first." Vegeta said.

"Fine." Bulma said as she took a bite, chewed and swallowed. "This stuff is good." She quickly finished off the rest of it and grabbed another.

After seeing Bulma eat her third, Vegeta started to eat as well, but didn't share Bulma's enthusiasm about the fruit and put it aside. Meanwhile Bulma became victim to the fruits hidden effect.

"I think we should name them thong." Bulma said.

"What?" Vegeta asked as he looked at Bulma skeptically.

"The fruit, we should give them a name." Bulma said.

"And you chose thong?" Vegeta asked.

"Yup." Bulma responded

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Vegeta spat.

"I like your hair Vegeta," Bulma slurred as she changed the subject. She placed her hand at the top of one of the points and pushed it, watching it bounce back in place. "It's so pointy."

Vegeta raised an eyebrow at the female, trying to comprehend her sudden interest in his hair. "Yes, it is, as you say, pointy."

"You know what Vegeta?" Bulma asked.

"What, woman?" Vegeta responded.

"I'm too sexy for my shirt. Too sexy for my shirt. So sexy it hurts." Bulma jumped back and peeled off her shirt and swung it around her head while swinging her hips to the beat that only she could hear.

"Have you completely lost your mind, woman?" Vegeta asked.

"Vegeta dance with me!" Bulma exclaimed.

"I'm not going to waste my time prancing about the room with you!" Vegeta said. "Have you forgotten our predicament?"

Bulma put her face dangerously close to his. "Don't be such a party pooper." she said as she grabbed both of Vegeta's hands and started to dance again.

Vegeta removed his hands and, wide eyed, watched Bulma dance. After a few minutes she stopped.

"It's getting' hot in hurr." Bulma said.

"I wonder why," retorted Vegeta sarcastically

"So take off all your clothes!!!" Bulma said.

Vegeta rolled his eyes and sighed. After another minute of her singing and dancing, he grabbed Bulma and tossed her into one of the pools of water.

Coughing and choking on the rotten water, Bulma shouted "Vegeta! Whadija' go and do that for?"

"To save my sanity." Vegeta said

"There were other ways to do this Vegeta." Bulma said as she pulled herself out of the water. She met Vegeta's eyes with a scowl.

Vegeta didn't notice this though. He was too busy staring at the rest of her. Bulma's clothes clung to all her curves. A few strands of wet hair were plastered on her face. Below her a pool of water had formed. It continued to increase in size thanks to her dripping clothes.

Bulma walked over to Vegeta and yelled, "Pay attention!" she then began to rant about the other things he could have done.

"Will you just shut up." Vegeta said as he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her into a kiss.

Bulma responded by kissing him, then she pulled away. "V..Vegeta." she stammered. Vegeta simply watched her

"I..I..." Bulma struggled to find a way to explain what she was feeling. Vegeta was attractive. That much was apparent and his kiss, kisses actually - she was reminded of the kiss from him in the jail- proved that he wanted her, but could she do this? Could she leave it at just a one-night stand? Of course, if anything did happen, that's all it could be. Kami knows that if Yamcha couldn't commit, there was no way in hell that Vegeta could. He paid more attention to his training and dreams of defeating Goku than he cared about her. At least that's what her time with him led her to believe.

Vegeta crossed his arms then walked over to a wall and sat down.

"Vegeta?" Bulma asked in concern. She received no answer.

"Vegeta?" she asked again as she walked over to him.

"What woman?" Vegeta responded. Bulma could hear the anger in his tone, but there was something else. Was it disappointment?"

"I'm sorry." Bulma said. Vegeta ignored her and closed his eyes.

Bulma watched him for a few more minutes then walked over and sat down by him. He didn't so much as stir. Bulma looked at the ground then looked over to Vegeta. She breathed in and out deeply then kissed him while her hand roamed over his chest.

Vegeta opened his eyes and grabbed her roaming hand, then with the other pushed her a little away.

"What's wrong?" Bulma asked. Could it be that he was still mad at her?

"Don't start something you're going to regret later," Vegeta said, surprising himself slightly that he didn't just take what she offered.

"I wont." Bulma said after a second

"I hope that's true." Vegeta thought as he grabbed the back of her hair and brought her face to his. He was at the point of no return and was going to have her.

~Hours later~

Bulma wiggled closer to the warm body next to her and breathed in deeply. She hadn't felt this good in a long time as she slowly woke the earlier events started to come back to her. Her eyes flashed open and she saw a naked Vegeta next to her. His face was turned to hers and she could feel his breath on her skin.

"He looks so peaceful." Bulma thought as she traced one finger along his face.

Vegeta stirred beside her and opened his eyes. For a moment they just stared at each other.

"This…" Bulma began, "It was just a one time thing. Don't expect it again."

"I thought you said you wouldn't regret it." Vegeta said as he propped himself up on one elbow

"I don't." Bulma said "I just don't like to do this when I'm not in a relationship and…"

"And I wouldn't want to be held down by you." Vegeta said, completing her sentence.

Bulma nodded and after a moment, she rose and retrieved her clothes. After slipping them on she turned to Vegeta and spoke, "Ready to go?"

"Go where?" Vegeta asked as he put on his pants.

"To find another campsite. I don't think we should stay in one place for too long. Besides we have to get Yamcha." Bulma said.

"If he's still in the palace then we're not going back." Vegeta responded

"He would come back for us." Bulma said.

"He would come back for you." Vegeta corrected.

"Well the point is he would come back." Bulma said.

Vegeta shrugged, "If you want to go back and get killed then that's your choice."

"Why do you care anyway? Oh wait, you're jealous." stated Bulma in defiance.

"What could I possibly be jealous of that worm for?" Vegeta asked.

"He has me." Bulma said.

"You think too highly of yourself and need I remind you that you broke up with him." Vegeta said.

"Well he's had me then. I've seen how you look at me. Especially when Yamcha's over." Bulma said.

"I just had you woman." Vegeta said, " Is that where all of this foolishness is coming from? All of a sudden you think I've been watching you?

"Don't even try to deny it Vegeta." Bulma said.

"Don't flatter yourself. Even if what you say is true, it means nothing." Vegeta said.

"Then why do it?" Bulma asked.

"Because I can." Vegeta shot back and walked out of the cave.

"Wait!" Bulma said as she ran to Vegeta and faced him. "Do you…" she started with her blue eyes set on Vegeta's as if this was going to be the most important question she had ever asked. "Do you like me at least?"

"Woman…" Vegeta began after a moment, his face softened as he stared into her blue eyes, but stopped when he saw something coming at them. He quickly pushed Bulma out of the way and was hit by a rope like device that locked itself around his torso and his arms. A shock went through his body and he fell to the ground, but tried to stand.

"The more you struggle the more you get shocked." Said the guard who had fired the attack. He floated down to the ground. "It didn't take long to find you. Not long at all."