Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pale Green Stars ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: You've seen this a million times.

Bulma was sitting at the kitchen table when Vegeta walked in, soaking wet.

"You should get out of those clothes, you could catch a cold." She paused. "Do Saiyans get colds?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He answered as he began stripping off the drenched shirt. "Where would you like me to put this?"

"I'll take it. We should probably hang it up somewhere." He handed her the shirt and she folded it then began ringing it out in the sink. She flapped it a few times and hung it over a chair. "I'll take your pants, too." She began ringing them out as well.

"There're dry clothes in my room?"

"Yeah…" she paused then shyly asked "Would you like to sleep in my room tonight?"

"Sleep sleep or sex sleep?"

"Either or."

"I'll think about it."

"Okay." She smiled and he smiled back as he left to get some more clothes on. When he came back she was watching television.

"What are you watching?"

"A movie."

"What is it called?"

"Little Odessa"

"Is it any good?"

"I like it."

"What's it about?"

"Are we playing twenty questions?"

"What?"

"Never mind. It's about this hit man in the Russian mob whose father disowned him. His little brother just adores him and he has to go back to the old neighborhood to do a job. He runs into his brother and old girlfriend and some stuff happens. It's pretty emotionally distressing."

"I see."

"We don't have to watch it you know." She scooted closer to him.

"That's fine." They didn't say a word the rest of the movie. By the end she had her head on his lap while he stroked her hair. "I feel kind of sorry for that guy."

"I told you it was a distressing movie. I'm tired, I'm going to bed."

"I'm coming with you."

"Well, I'm very glad to hear that." They walked to her room and prepared themselves for sleep. When she came out of the bathroom, he was already in bed waiting for her.

"Vegeta, you're on the side that I like to sleep on." She playfully pushed him. "You're going to have to move."

"But I'm tired, I can't move." She giggled sultrily and kissed him lightly on the lips.

"Well, you're going to have to."

"Okay, since it's you. But I would normally never do this." He moved and she slid in next to him.

"Never mind what you would normally do. Shit, I forgot to turn off the light." She hopped out and flicked the switch then jumped back in bed. "Look." She began pointing to the glow stars she had on her walls and ceiling. "There's Draco, Orion…" she started going through the constellations she had put up.

"They are beautiful. It's like sleeping under the stars." She snuggled closely and he wrapped his arms around her. "I've been thinking."

"About what?"

"That I need to go home and figure this out. I doubt anyone else knows about this." She took a deep breath.

"How long before you leave?"

"I don't know, really. Do you think this could be some sort of conspiracy against my father?"

"I don't know. What is your father like?"

"He is a hard man, but a fair and noble one. He is a great king."

"You look up to him?"

"As much as one could, I expect. I don't idolize him but I don't think him a fool either."

"Do you think you'll be a great king?"

"I don't know. He'll be a hard act to follow."

"That good, huh?"

"Yeah, our people love him."

"Do they like you?"

"They don't have a reason to hate me."

"That's just as good, I suppose." Her answers were becoming slower and she yawned as sleep was creeping upon her.

"He's got a lot of years left in him, though. I won't have to take the thrown anytime soon. You still awake?" He smiled at the sleeping form in his arms and once again glanced at the stars on the ceiling. "I'll have to take some of these things home with me." He closed his eyes and slowly began the decent into unconsciousness. They are beautiful, he thought just as he fell asleep.

She's got pale green stars in her room

Right above her bed

Put them on the ceiling

Leave on the light

When the sun goes down then the stars might shine

Shining in the dark

Hey look, another short chapter. Those of you still reading this will have to wait longer if you want long chapters. Oh well, nobody really cares. A chapter is a chapter is a chapter is a chapter. Yeah, those lyrics at the end are from the Everclear song "Pale Green Stars" which I finally settled on calling this fic. I swear this thing has had like…4 different names. Oh yeah, review, review, review, review.