Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pale Green Stars ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Well, friends, it's been a long time coming. Don't get your hopes up for this chapter. It's forced, hard to read, and worst of all, short; but it's a new chapter nonetheless. Be cool and keep an open mind when reading it. If it gets too tough, think sexy thoughts of Vegeta. Then think sexy thoughts of Tim Roth. ;-)

"No, no, no. You must be confused. There's no way that can be happening." Vegeta replied, laughing in panic. "I mean, your theory is insane!"

"It's not a theory. The proof is right there. Can't you see it?" Vegeta abruptly stood up and shook his head.

"No, this isn't true." He backed up toward the door. "Lies."

"Vegeta…" Bulma said, following him into the hall. He had stopped at the bottom of the staircase. "Calm down. I think you are overreacting a bit."

"Overreacting? Overreacting? How would you react to this?"

"You don't even know if the effects are reversible. I'm sure there's a good chance that we could whip something up to fix it."

"Yeah, whip something up. I don't even know what this stuff is made of." He was becoming more hysterical. "You think you can just waltz in and make everything better. Yes, brilliant idea, Bulma, let's bust out with some vaccine." His voice calmed. "It's a little late to get back what I've apparently lost."

"You don't know that."

"I guess you have a point." Vegeta looked out the window, then back at Bulma. "Let's try something." He started ascending the stairs.

"What?" She followed him.

"I'm going to get my scouter. Last time I powered up cold I maxed with a level of 53,000. That wasn't too long ago. I should have gone up at least 2,000 with my training regimen."

"You want me to meet you outside?"

"Yeah, the front yard."

He ran upstairs to his room while Bulma shuffled outside. Never in a million years would she have been able to predict this. Out of the blue a careless habit had turned into disastrous situation.

This is like a bad movie, she thought once she was outside. Bulma noticed how dark the sky had become in the west. She turned around when she heard the door slam.

"Better make this quick. It's going to rain." She said, snatching the scouter from his outstretched hand.

"I'll try." He grabbed the scouter back. "You turn it on here." He pressed a button on the side. "You select `read' and you're ready to go." He handed it back and she caressed his forearm as she plucked it from him. She really didn't know whether to encourage him or comfort him. Now wasn't the time to be worrying about what she was going to say later, though. They were about to find out if this was just a scare or if it was legit.

"Don't think about it. You've done this a hundred times before. It's just like last time." She jogged to the other side of the yard and turned the scouter on. "I'll time you too."

Vegeta closed his eyes and began to focus his energy. Nothing felt different. His muscles tensed as he pushed himself into the abyss, getting lost in the repetitiveness of the act he was performing.

The scouter was going wild, tearing through numbers by the thousands. This was completely contradictory to what her father had told them. 40,000, 45,000, 50,000, and still going. 53,000, his last max, the numbers ascended a couple thousand more and stopped. Vegeta still appeared to be pushing himself, though. Suddenly, the numbers started dropping.

Bulma could hear his screams as he tried harder to propel himself, but the harder he pushed the faster the readings descended. Finally he stopped.

"What did I stop at?"

"55,000." He got a relieved look on his face. "You dropped off awfully fast though."

"Well, I stopped powering up."

"But did you gradually power down, or did you just stop?"

"I just stopped."

"See, about 45 seconds before you stopped your power started dropping like crazy."

"Well, that's not what it's supposed to do." Vegeta scratched his head. "Maybe the chemicals don't decrease power, they just make it harder to maintain it."

"That's what I was thinking." A small raindrop landed on her nose. "Anyway, let's get inside before it starts raining." She smiled and darted in the house just as it began to downpour.

BLAH! That had to suck more for you than it did for me. Anyway, if you don't know who Tim Roth is, frankly, you suck. Even if you've been living in exile in the middle of the Sahara for the past ten years, that isn't an excuse. Plug, plug, plug. Here, I'll list some of his movies so you losers can appreciate his talent: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Four Rooms, The Legend of 1900, Invincible, Rob Roy (I love this movie), Animals…. the list goes on. Oh yeah, he was in Planet of the Apes too, but I didn't particularly care for that movie. Don't get me wrong, he did a wonderful job acting, as usual, I Just don't like that Marky Mark guy.