Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Peaches & Creme ❯ I Hate This ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Peaches & Creme

º º º

"Goten...," Marron began quietly. She quickly turned around and closed the glass sliding door so as to not wake Trunks, who was sleeping peacefully.

"I already know what you're going to say Marron. 'You shouldn't have come here! What if Trunks saw you?' ...Am I right?" Goten mocked, a sad kind of smile on his pale face.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," Marron whispered, looking at Goten and strangely, how muscular he had become over the years.

"I know you don't feel the same about Trunks as he does about you...."

"Of course I do! How dare you question our relationship like that!" Marron shouted a little too loudly. She turned around and made sure Trunks hadn't heard. Fortunately, he hadn't.

"Come on Marron. I've known you all my life, you don't think I know when you're lying to me?" Goten asked, almost making fun of what she had told him earlier.

"Please Goten, please don't do this to me right now," Marron pleaded, refusing to look at him. She knew he had been right about her feelings of Trunks. How come whenever she looked at Goten, she felt this pull, this desire, that she hadn't ever gotten from Trunks? Was it because she wanted someone she knew she could now never have? Goten was someone she had known, like Trunks, all her life but had never really considered more than friend, until now.

"Marr-"

"Please just go.... If you leave now, I promise not to tell Trunks you were here," Marron said meekly, slowly opening the glass door. When she glanced back at Goten, the hurt look on his face was unbearable to her.

"Wait, there's another reason why I came here tonight, if not only to see you," Goten said, smiling wryly.

"What is it?" Marron exasperated.

Goten took a step forward, and cradled Marron's cheek with one hand, and stroked it with the other. Marron felt a tingling feeling that made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end; Trunks had done this exact same thing the night he had proposed. Then, without so much as a warning, Goten twisted her neck upward, so that she had nowhere to look but as him. He then, leaned forward, and planted a deep kiss on Marron's lips.

Terrified, Marron tried to push herself back away from Goten. She was even more afraid when he grabbed both her arms, and pinned them down by her sides; his lips were still locked to hers. Only when he felt a warm droplet of water hit his arm, did he back off.

Seeing the look on her face, made his heart ache. He felt dizzy, and felt that his judgement was impaired. He had just kissed his best friend's fiancee.

Shaking slightly, but not noticeably he stepped on the ledge of the balcony and soundlessly, dropped to the sandy beach below (he flew, duh!). Marron stepped back through the door, her fingertips pressed against her lips.

When she knew he was gone, only then did Marron dare to move from her spot by the door. She went back out to the balcony, and looked down as tears began falling freely from her blue eyes like drops of rain.

Her problem was that she knew she loved Goten. Perhaps, even more than she loved her own fiancee. Her other problem was how to tell the two boys. Should she even bother?

"I hate this.... I hate this so much," Marron whispered to herself, as she continued to sob into her hands.

"Whaa...? What time is it?" Trunks asked, half-asleep. "Marron, are you crying? What's wrong?" He leaped from the bed and rushed over to the balcony.

"Trunks, I'm s-sorry I woke you, b-baby," Marron said in between sobs.

"That doesn't matter. But hey, tell me what's wrong," Trunks said, gingerly wrapping one of his big, strong arms around her shoulders.

"I-It's nothing, I s-swear, " Marron said. She was lying through her teeth for the second time today.

"Marron! It's not 'nothing' if you're sitting here crying about it! Now, tell me so I can help you," Trunks pleaded, scooping her up in his arms and carrying her inside where it wasn't so chilly.

Should I tell him? Tell him that we shouldn't get married because I'm in love with his best friend? Marron asked herself, almost laughing at the thought. She felt herself carefully being placed back on the bed by Trunks.

"Now, tell me what's wrong."

"Well," Marron began desperately trying to think of something clever to say. Finally, she came up with, "I'm on my period, and I couldn't sleep with all of the cramps. And that's why I was saying, 'I hate this'...."

"What?! Trunks said, wide-eyed. Apparently, this wasn't the answer he had expected in the slightest.

"See, I told you it was nothing. I'll just go make myself some herbal tea and take some Midol. Then, I'll try and go back to sleep," Marron said, blushing slightly.

"Uh, yeah sure. I'm just gonna go back to bed. I hope you feel better," Trunks said, giving Marron one last kiss on the cheek, and rolling over in bed.

She could still feel Trunks gaze on her, so she pretended to be looking for medicine in her purse. She looked behind her, and Trunks had turned the opposite way. While she had pretended to rummage through her purse, her hands had crossed over a photo.

It was a picture of her and Goten standing side by side at Capsule Corp. It had been for Bra's birthday a few months ago, and everyone was required to dress elegantly for the party.

Marron had chosen to wear a strapless white dress that flared out toward the bottom, and had diamonds along the top hem of it. Her blonde hair was in curls that night, flowing from a clip in her hair.

Goten was looking rather dashing with an expensive black tux Trunks let him have (it's really nice to have rich friends) as he held out a glass in toast to Marron. His jet-black hair was tied back into a ponytail, letting you see all of his father's handsome features (he was growing it out, ha!).

Suddenly, Marron imagined herself in the picture wearing an extravagant wedding gown instead of her party dress. In her hands, she held a bouquet of red roses instead of the gift she was going to give to Bra.

Goten looked the same, with the exception of his messy hair, like it had been tonight, and he was holding out a ring to Marron, not a glass.

"Eek!" Marron squeaked, suddenly dropping the picture and covering her mouth. She glanced back at Trunks, but he just covered himself with the covers. Marron sighed, and carefully picked up the photo from the floor. To her relief, it looked like it should have been. She jammed the picture back in her purse, and curled up in bed next to Trunks.

She managed to fall asleep again, but had dreams of flowers, rings, and Goten.

º º º