Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love Series ❯ The Joys of Puberty. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All my gratitude goes to Mori. She betaed so I can place this thing out in public viewing without having large chunks of tomatoes thrown at my head. So... In response to something someone said about the mind reading thing. Saiyajins can already read minds. Vegeta and Nappa did it once, Goku, King Kai, and Guru had a three-way (Not as bad as that sounded). Don't get me wrong, they do It so easily BECAUSE they are bonded but I'll get to that later in the story.

I would talk more but I'm so freaking cold I can't move my fingers!

Be wary. We got a hot and heavy kiss going on in here.

I was a little worried about the ages... but.. Oh well! Flashes her artistic license that clearly says "Screw it!"

Oh, and I don't own them... yet. pets her dragon radar lovingly..

The Puppy Love Series: The Joys of Puberty.

Chapter summery: Trunks flirts with adolescence and puberty all at one time.

By Slytherinette


------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

The day started out normally enough, but so did most days, of course this day was REALLY normal. The sky was blue, the grass was green, Trunks and Goten were being good...

(Interruption by Gohan: "Hold it! Normal? Trunks and Goten good? What's normal about that?")

… okay so the day was mostly normal.

"Yes!" Trunks yelled triumphantly as he watched the character on the screen blow up and turn into little chunks of meat. "Did you see that Goten? That was awesome!"

"Ummhumm," Goten mumbled, his eyes never leaving the book in his hand. He didn't really see the point in it. After all he had done the same thing a million times. The other boy just smiled anyway at his victory.

"There, Goten, I beat your score!" He said as he proudly put the letters T V B (Trunks Vegeta Briefs) on the top of a list that was dominated by S G G (Son Goten Goku).

The S G G in question spared a glance to the screen. "Yeah, by 5 points," he snorted, "I swear, Trunks, you never give up."

"I'm not supposed to," he said indigently. "I am the Prince of all Saiyans and I belong at the top of every list," he declared proudly as he pointed at the TV screen.

The younger of the two just smirked and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, but Trunks, I hate to remind you, there are only 2 full blooded Saiyans, and 3 half. Considering that one of them is your father that gives you only 2 and a half people to rule."

Trunks blinked, slightly impressed at his friend quick use of mathematics. "Wow, I think you just had a smart moment." Goten opened his mouth to respond but Trunks clamped his hand over it. "No, don't say anything," he pulled his hand back, "you might ruin it."

Goten tilted his head to the side in confusion, "Huh? Ruin what?

Trunks threw his hands up in the air in an exasperated sigh. "You ruined it."

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing Chibi, just go back to your magna." He said shaking his head as he leaned back against the sofa. 'Great,' he thought, 'now that I am officially better then Goten in everything, I'm bored.'

"You are not better then me in everything," Goten said stubbornly. He received an annoyed glare from his friend.

"Yes I am and you're doing it again."

"Doing what?"

"Reading my mind."

Goten managed to look guilty. "Sorry. You just thought too loudly."

Trunks just snorted, "Rrrriiiight." He looked away to ignore the glare Goten sent at him. He turned on the TV to what ever was on and stretched languidly, plopping his head unceremoniously in Goten's lap. "I'm bored."

"I'm reading."

The lavender haired prince growled and jerked the manga out of Goten's hand. "So? You can read this later and I'm bored now."

The youngest boy pouted, knowing darn well that Trunks always gave him what he wanted or at least he gave him a new toy out of the deal. Goten glanced at the 3 ft. model next to the TV. It was a red humanoid mecha with shiny stickers on it, in its plastic grip was a long bastard sword. It was the coolest one, and the hardest to get since there had been a limited number made. Trunks jumped up abruptly. "No. You can NOT have my HELL! Do you know how long it took me to find one of those things!?"

"Two days?"

"And how much effort it took to put it together..."

"One hour."

"...with out blasting it!?" Trunks continued.

Goten didn't answer that but just continued to sulk. He knew if he could just get in a few more pouts...

"You aren't getting it. You know I'd give you everything I have but please don't take my HELL model!"

Goten switched techniques faster than Trunks could blink. "But it's the last one I need before I have them all," he said, putting a very shrill whine in his voice. If the pout didn't get him then the whine would.

"No," Trunks said crossing his arms causing him to look more like his father then ever.

The black haired boy blinked at the tone Trunks' voice had taken. "But..," he started only to be interrupted.

"No, Goten. No." The repeating of words was the Bulma in him.

Goten's shoulders slumped at the resolute look on his best friend's face. He honestly couldn't remember ever losing to Trunks. Trunks had always done what ever to make him happy. Sure Goten played on it a lot but still. He was quite surprised that there was a pain in his heart. He bit his lip hard enough to draw blood. He would not cry, no, he would not!

Trunks crossed his arms at glared daggers at the TV as if it had done something to offend him. Goten ALWAYS did this but this time he would not win. Trunks had grown very fond of that model and he would be damned if he was going to let Goten have it. He would give him anything but not that.

He spared a glance at Goten out of the corner of his eye. Goten was looking at his hands, flexing his fingers inanely. A deep frown had claimed the face that Trunks so adored which caused a frown to form on his own.

Well, it was just a toy and he could always get another...

He held out the book still in his hand to Goten. "Here."

Goten looked at it as if he had forgotten it altogether. He took it but shook his head. "That's okay. You're right. I'll just read it when I go home tomorrow, I'm sorry. What is it that you wanted to do?"

Trunks' heart broke. "No, that's okay. I'm being selfish." He paused for a moment, his eyes falling to his hands. "You can have it if you want. I can just get another."

Much to his surprise he felt soft, moist lips press against his cheek. He looked up to see soft brown eyes.

"No, Trunks. I'm being selfish. I'm sorry. I'll just find one myself," Goten smiled a little, "if you'll put it together for me."

The smile was contagious. "Sure thing, Chibi."

The two children just smiled at each other idiotically for a few moments before Goten finally said something. "So what did you want to do?"

Trunks bit his lip, is eyes wandered around his room. "I don't know..." then suddenly his face lit up, "what about Dragons and Princes!"

Any optimism Goten may have had on his face was wiped away. "No. I don't think your Dad likes being the Dragon and I'm sick of being the damsel in distress. The kids across the street always laugh at me."

"Yeah, and I blew up their tree house for you, too."

"And their whole house! Our Moms grounded us for 3 months and we couldn't see each other and it took 6 months in court before your Mom could prove that you can't blast things out of your hand."

Trunks frowned. "Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one. Well what about Good and Bad Guys."

"No, again. You always make me the bad guy and then you say the good guy has to win and then when you do let me be the good guy you say the bad guy should win."

"Do you always have to find a flaw in my plans?"

"You plans always end in a big fight, a lawsuit against your Mom, a month in the GR with your Dad, or a search for the Dragonballs to bring someone back to life."

"Good point," Trunks leaned back, "Well, we could always spar."

"No."

Blue eyes turned to glare at Goten. "And what's the reason this time?"

"It's too hot outside."

Trunks sighed, utterly agreeing. It was way to hot too go outside. He bit his lip again, feeling the beginnings of full blown boredom coming on. They needed something to do together that was inside and ended with both of them not fighting. He let his head fall heavily back to Goten's lap. 'Maybe we could just take a nap,' he thought sleepily.

"Trunks, we're 13 years old. We are way too old to take a nap. We're practically adults."

Trunks opened one eye but didn't move his head. "Stop reading my mind, and YOU'RE 12. I'm 13."

"But I'll be 13 soon," Goten protested.

"Soon? Your birthday is in February, it's just now June! Besides by the time you turn 13 I'll be 14"

Goten frowned and huffed as he reopened his manga. It looked like they weren't going to do anything.

Trunks rolled his royal eyes and looked over to the TV which had switched over to a commercial. It was showing a preview of a new movie.

"When two friends grow up together they find it too easy to fall in love.." the announcer's baritone voice stated just as a boy and a girl embraced kissing. Trunks wrinkled his nose is annoyed disgust and changed the channel only to run into a soap opera.

"You and I created a child?" A woman said, appalled.

"Yes," the man she was talking to said calmly, "Joshua."

"That's revolting," the woman declared, dramatically turning away, "Fraser is his father!"

"So you thought..."

Again Trunks made an annoyed face and changed the channel only to land on another soap opera and a much more unpleasant scene.

"I love you so much!" a young brunette woman told a tall blond man just before their lips crushed in a kiss. 'Gross,' the boy thought. He was about to snort and push the channel button again before something in the back of his mind stopped him. He looked at the two actors on the screen, his blue eyes studying their lips. Wasn't it awkward? Didn't their noses bump? He watched them for a second more before he changed the channel again. This time he meet with a movie.

"You don't have to say it, Brad. I understand," a young woman said smiling, tears shimmering in her eyes.

Her boyfriend shook his head, "No, I have to. I... I... couldn't live with myself if I didn't but... You're the only person I have ever loved. I want to spend forever with you, and we will. When I get back from the war you and I... we will get married. I swear it! I love you, Aaron." Any tears that Aaron was holding back fell down her cheeks. She wrapped her arms around his love’s neck. "I love you so much!" the woman declared before they looked into each other's eyes. Music that Trunks hadn't noticed before got louder as the two's faces got closer. Trunks watched this sharply. The two tilted their heads, closed their eyes, and their lips connected.

So THAT was how their noses didn't bump!

Aaron and Brad kissed passionately on screen, their lips locked tightly and their jaws moving ever so slightly.

Their observer raised an eyebrow. Why were their jaws moving? Trunks tried to imagine what they were doing, parting his lips and moving his mouth slightly. Was it their lips or something else?

The kiss continued, the two lovers oblivious to their off screen audience. It was obvious that the two were enjoying themselves... and enjoying each other.

A sudden thought came to mind. He wanted to do that. He wanted to figure out the complexities of kissing so he could enjoy it just as much as the people that did it so much. It hadn't been the first time the thought had popped into his mind but this was the first time he had someone there that he wouldn't mind exploring this undiscovered pass time with. So without further thinking he rose up and seized Goten's face between his hands roughly.

The younger boy had no warning what so ever. One second he was reading about the good guy asking his enemy to surrender and the next Trunks was grabbing harshly his face and tilting it to the left. Suddenly there was a pair of soft lips pressed hard against his. For a long second he didn't move anything other then his eyes, which were blinking in shock. As soon as he regained any control over his mind he pulled back and looked at his best friend in total shock.

"What are you doing?" Goten asked him, still blinking in confusion.

Trunks gave him one of his patented 'isn't that obvious' looks. "Kissing you."

Goten opened his mouth to say something but he wasn't sure what he was supposed to say. "Oh... okay." He said weakly.

"Now, be quiet and let me figure this out." He said and forced Goten's face to tilt again. He leaned in but stopped an inch from his face. "You're supposed to close your eyes." Goten gulped but did as he was told.

Trunks glanced at his Chibi's lips as he licked his own, inexplicably nervous for some reason. His hands softened their grip and one of them moved to Goten's neck. He took a deep breath and leaned in, his eyes slipping shut.

Their lips met firmly, but not as hard as the first time. Trunks shifted his lips slightly, letting the get more comfortable. He held them like that for a long moment. It was strange but sort of soothing. It felt like it did when he woke up in the morning with Goten's arms wrapped around his waist but more... different in a way.

Goten, whose neck was starting to feel awkward, lifted his arms and placed his hands on Trunks' shoulders. Occasionally Trunks would shift his lips against Goten's and they would switch from tilting their heads from the left to the right. It wasn't long before the both became more comfortable with this new pass time. Goten had his arms wrapped loosely around Trunks' shoulders and Trunks, seeing that Goten didn't need anymore assistance on what to do, had his hand placed gently on Goten's hips.

The only response he received was murmur against his lips. Goten risked opening his eyes just a little to see Trunks' face. His eyes were closed and his eyebrows wrinkled in concentration.

Trunks was enjoying himself but this was starting to grow a little dull. There had to be more to it then this. He was about to pull back when Goten's lips parted in a soft sigh that caused something deep in his awakening instincts to react.

Experimentally he nudged Goten's lips wider with his own and darted his tongue out just a bit to run across the lower lip of the other. Without thinking about it Goten moved his tongue the few mere centimeters it took for it to touch Trunks' gently.

Trunks felt an unfamiliar jolt of heat begin at the back of his throat and quickly moved down to gather in his belly. It wasn't unpleasant but it was strange. Without meaning too he pulled his Chibi's body closer and was thankful that some of the heat disappeared but it only left a longing ache that he couldn't quiet figure out.

'So this is what people like so much about kissing,' Trunks mused to himself as his own tongue played lightly with his friends. He groaned deep in his throat, his lips pressing harder and the kiss intensified.

Goten, who was in fact liking the feeling of this kiss (but not quite as much as Trunks) allowed the kiss to deepen, letting his life time friend have full access to the confines of his mouth as his own tongue reaching out to explore Trunks' in turn.

It was a long moment before the younger of the two realized that they had been holding their breath since the kiss started to become more then just a press of lips and his lungs were now beginning to burn with the need for air but Trunks didn't seem to want to stop anytime soon. Goten pulled back but Trunks only pushed forward causing Goten to loose his balance and both boys fell, Goten backwards and Trunks forwards. They landed with a muffled "humph" but the kiss remained unbroken, in fact Trunks took his new position for advantage and made this kiss something that wasn't quite as gentle as before.

Goten whimpered and pushed against Trunks' shoulders but not hard enough. 'Trunks, stop.' Goten begged to him in his mind but the response wasn't quite what he had expected. There was an overload of pure physical need that rushed back to him causing him to whimper even more. Goten's struggles became more desperate as he pushed Trunks back, this time hard enough to force Trunks to end the kiss.

A low growl erupted from Trunks' throat as he looked into at HIS Goten's eyes. Goten blinked in shock, but not quite scared as he should have been. There was something, some foreign look that darkened Trunks' eyes. It was similar to the battle lust that they got when ever the fought just a little too hard but there was something that made it more needful.

Goten swallowed hard. "Trunks-kun?" He asked softly. Whatever emotion that was in control of his friend he didn't know how to handle it. He knew what to do when Trunks was mad, upset, or happy but this was a raw untapped emotion that he was pretty sure even Trunks didn't know how to deal with. "Trunks?" He tested again.

Trunks shook his head and pulled back to rest on his heals as he tried to regain control of himself. He took several deep breaths before he looked back at Goten, whose eyes were wide with worry and surprise.

Trunks flushed uncontrollably at what he had just done. "I'm sorry, Goten, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to."

Goten shook his head and raised up. "It's okay, really."

"No," The older one insisted, anger filtering into his voice, anger at himself, "I shouldn't have. I lost control." He moved off Goten to stand up.

Goten looked down, worried Trunks was mad at him. "Trunks..." he started but his friend had already marched over to the door.

"We fight." Trunks said shortly as he opened it. "Now." This was the only way he knew how to repress any emotions. He would fight and he would feel better.

Goten nodded and walked past him to go to the second gravity room, accidentally brushing against him ever so lightly.

Trunks closed his eyes and willed down a shuddering breath to resist grabbing the other and pinning him against the wall and... Oh yes. He needed to fight.

He sighed to himself harshly as he slammed the door to his room and proceeded to follow his friend.

Bulma repressed a sniffle as she put the clear tape on the pink wrapping paper as she wrapped the pretty pink teddy bear in the clear box. She rubbed one of her eyes as she pulled back to survey her work. All ten presents were neatly wrapped with pink or purple and white paper with elaborate bows on them. She had always prided herself of her wrapping skills but she also enjoyed it too but this time she knew she should have paid someone else to do it.

She had never got to shop for a little girl. She had wanted to have a second child but Trunks had been born so late in her life that the possibility of having two children was improbable and now that she was... old... She winced at the word. It was a harsh word but that was how she saw herself. She was pushing 45 years of life, even though she would be the first to admit that she didn't look a day over 30. It was only to herself that she would admit that she could feel all 45 years in her. She FELT old and not just in the "I'm surrounded by young people" way.

Trunks had been a hard pregnancy. He kicked like a mule and her appetite grew to rival even that of Vegeta's Saiyan hunger. She asked Chi-Chi once how she managed to handle having TWO demi-Saiyan children her response was "Besides the hunger they didn't bother me. Both my boys were very calm and didn't move too much."

Trunks had kicked Bulma every five minuets and she was positive every now and then that the kid was going to blast his way out.

She wasn't even going to go into the labor.

She smiled wistfully to herself. But she had Trunks and she was more then happy with him, even if he was taking Vegeta's personality. She occasionally thought about Mirai and how much more polite and calm and nice and just how very un-Vegeta like he was then her own son but she wasn't about to blame her Trunks for that.

Her smile grew much larger. No, she blamed Vegeta. She loved him and was glad that she had him in her life but she could ALWAYS find a way to blame him for something. Bulma knew that if she tried hard enough that she could find a way to blame him for the sun setting at night.

She shook her head and looked over the presents for Videl's baby shower again. She had bought ten things but it was mostly clothes. Maybe she should run to the mall and get a few more toys.

"Did'ja buy enough presents?" Came a sarcastic voice from behind her.

She turned to glare at her son who was walking over to the refrigerator to pull out some water. "Actually," she started, "I was just thinking about going to the mall and getting more."

Trunks blinked at her, trying to decide if she was serious or not. "I think you have more then enough."

Bulma nodded. He was most likely right. She took in his attire. Gi, sweaty, bloody, and bruised.

"Sparing with Goten?" she asked and he nodded.

"He go home?" Again he nodded.

"Can you do anything besides nod?" To no surprise of hers he nodded again.

She studied her son with a critical eye. He was being more unsocial and broody then normal. She raised a brow. "Is something wrong?" She asked walking to stand next to him.

He shook his head.

She sighed. Bull crap. She knew Trunks better then that. There was something bothering him but she also knew she wasn't going to get it out of him until he wanted to say something about it.

"Okay," she said doubtfully but changed the subject. "I need you to tell me by the end of the week if you were going to start school early or not. You'll graduate when your 17 but you'd have to start this fall."

"What school was it again?" he asked, speaking for the first time since he had entered the kitchen.

" West City Academy. It's a much more advanced high school, you’ll have to keep a 75 average to stay in it but that'll be no problem for you.

"And why can't I go to a normal high school?" Trunks asked annoyed.

Bulma sighed. It was an old argument that had came forth the moment she had suggested Trunks going early but she held firm in her belief that it was best for her son.

"I went to it and so should you. It's business courses will help prepare you for when you take over Capsule Corp. not to mention you may be... younger then I was when you do. It will help you gain respect if you do well and possible associates that could help you. Just trust me when I say that it's not as bad as it seems. It doesn't even have a school uniform. Other then the selectiveness and the cost it takes to get in, it is just as any other school."

"Right," Trunks said with a snort. "I think I'll wait." Trunks turned to leave but ran into his glaring father at the doorway.

"Treat your mother with more respect, boy." Vegeta growled.

Trunks sighed in a defeated manner and turned back to Bulma. "Forgive me," He said, his voice a little strained, "Can we talk about this at a later point? I wish to bathe before supper."

Bulma nodded and sighed as her son turned leave without further comment.

Before he could completely leave the room though Vegeta grabbed his arm harshly and for a moment both Bulma and Trunks thought that Vegeta was about to start a fight, however Vegeta only pulled his son closer and sniffed the boy's shoulder lightly.

Trunks blinked in surprised, all anger gone as his father glared at him but soon a knowing smirk crossed the elder's face. He let go of Trunks and pushed him, indicating that he could continue out of the room.

Bulma looked at her husband oddly when her son left but shook her head. "He sure is a smart ass for a 13 year old. He acts just like you." She turned to look in the freezer for something that she could fix for them to eat. It looked like it was delivery for the night.

Vegeta snorted. "He's come of age."

Bulma blinked and turned back to her husband. "What do you mean?"

He rolled his eyes. "He's beginning to hit puberty."

"Oh," she said then thought about it, her eyes growing wide "OH!"

Great. A moody Trunks just hit puberty. Oh she couldn't wait until he got just a bit older. Maybe it was best if he was to wait to go to school at 14 instead of 13.

----------------