Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love Series ❯ Monkey Bars ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Thanks again to Mutt for the betaing and Thanks to everyone who has reviewed. I Realized that I haven't had any disclaimers. Well here it is. If you really wanna think they are mine, go ahead, I'm not stopping you, but I never said they were. This takes place right after the last chapter.

Puppy Love:... (Couldn't think of a title I liked.)

By Slytherinette
Goten closed his eyes and sighed, forcing his Ki down as far as he could and trying hard to slow his heart beat. He had to be calm, he had to be in total control of his body and mind and he had to win.

Oh, he was SO going to win but he couldn't get excited now. No, no, he had to stay relaxed. It wasn't hard to do; Goten was naturally a calm child. He lacked a temper, worries and anything else that might make one high strung.

Trunks on the other hand...

He reopened his eyes to see the 8 year old's face inches from his own and if he hadn't been trying so hard to keep his body composed he would have burst out laughing. Trunks' soft lavender hair was sticking straight up, or down considering he was hanging upside down, and his normally cream colored skin was a bright razzmatazz red. He smiled. He liked that crayon, it was pretty, not nearly as nice as lavender or turquoise, but pretty anyway.

"Time!" Trunks yelled.

"41 minutes," Goten heard his mom reply before returning back to a conversation with Bulma.

"Fuck!" Trunks muttered under his breath.

Goten smiled, happy for once to be in total control of the situation. "No, no, Trunks-kun. You should watch that tongue of yours," he chided.

The purple haired boy frowned and closed his eyes.

I will win, I will win... He repeated over and over in his head. He snapped his eyes open again at Goten's giggle.

"No you won't. You are so going to lose," the 7 year old said with a satisfied smirk on his face.

This only made Trunks frown deeper. "Stay out of my head."

The Son just smiled innocently. "Don't think so loudly."

Blue eyes rolled before closing again. How long had it been since he last asked the time?

"Time," Trunks demanded.

"45."

Trunks groaned. Guess he wouldn't win. They had been hanging upside down for almost an hour and Goten's cheeks were barley pink. Trunks, on the other hand, looked like he had a giant tomato hanging from his shoulders. He wasn't sure how much more he could take of this. His forehead and cheeks hurt and his head thudded and with the beating sound of his heart in his ears he was sure to go crazy. He could already tell this was going to give him a major headache.

"Time!"

"47 minutes."

Crap. Just two minutes!

"Ugghhh..." He moaned loudly and rose up. "That's it. I give." It was a major stab to his pride but that would heal... if his head didn't explode first. He braced himself on the monkey bars as the blood quickly rushed out of his head.

"You okay?" the barely dazed Goten asked softly. Trunks didn't even answer for fear that his rapidly growing headache would only get worse.

"Why do you bother challenging me to that?" the younger boy asked, shifting closer to a wobbling Trunks to make sure he didn't fall.

"The only reason you win is because of that thick skull of yours."

He could actually feel Goten pout. "Well, I know you hate to lose..."

"Yeah, whatever," he said changing the subject. He really didn't want to think about that... actually he just didn't want to think at all.

"That was stupid."

Goten jumped, slightly startled, and turned around to see a little redheaded girl with way to many freckles glaring at them.

"Well so are you, but we don't complain out loud," Trunks said defensively. He, too, would have turned around but he was a little worried he might pass out.

"You don't even know me," the girl said nastily.

Trunks snorted and a Vegeta-like grin crossed his face. "You're a girl and that's all I need to know."

She huffed. "Your Mommy's a girl." she said indignantly, "You wouldn't call her stupid."

"My Momma happens to be one of the smartest people in the whole world," he shrugged, "besides, you're not my Momma."

"Oh," she huffed, "You're just stupid."

Goten, who had been watching in silence took offense to that on behalf of his Trunks. "I know for a fact he's a 100x's smarter than you." This time Trunks did turn around and gave the girl a triumphant smile.

"I happen to be in the 4th grade! And I am so smarter than you!"

"Big deal," the younger boy said, rolling his eyes. "Trunks doesn't have to go to school. He's too smart to go."

The little girl scrunched up her face in disbelief. "Oh yeah? Well what's 7x7? Or 8x4?"

"49 and 32," Trunks proclaimed without hesitation, "What's 7-8+2x6/2?"

The little girl just blinked in her ignorance.

"6," Trunks answered for himself, "and what's 49/8x2? 42. Don't proclaim yourself to be so smart when all you did was memorize some times table," the proud purple haired prince said a bit disgusted. Goten just looked at his friend in a mixture of awe and pride. Trunks was just so smart, and Goten loved that about him, just like he loved his hair and eyes and the way he looked when he was sleeping...

"Ohhh..." The little girl's face went as red as her hair, "You are nothing but big meanies!!"

"Thank you," both boys said automatically. She just huffed and stormed off.

Trunks looked at Goten smirking. "Guess she wasn't so smart."

"Yeah, you showed her..." Then Goten's smile faded to a look of worry, "but Trunks-kun? I didn't even know what all those numbers equaled."

Trunks gave him a reassuring smile, "It's okay, Chibi. You don't need to know them yet, your not old enough, you'll learn it one day, though." "But what if it's too hard for me to do?" the said Chibi spoke in a slight panic, "All those numbers seemed awful hard."

Trunks just shook his head slightly, "Don't worry, Goten-chan. Besides, if you don't get it I'll be there to help you."

Goten smiled sweetly and his eyes lit up. Sometimes Trunks was just so nice and it made his heart burn in a pleasant way. He was going to reply but Bulma's voice interrupted them.

"That wasn't very nice, boys. One day you’re going to need a girl as a friend."

They turned around to see their amused mothers standing there with fairly imposing looks, Bulma's arms crossed and Chi-chi's hands on her hips.

Goten shook his head. "We won't need one."

"Oh, really?" Both boys nodded but Bulma went on. "You say that now..."

"But one day," Chi-chi continued in a sing-song manner, "You are going to want to get married and have children."

"Some girl that's not so little anymore will show up and steal you away," Bulma said in a wistful kind of way, "and you might as well pick out someone you like..."

"...and we like," the brunette woman added with Bulma nodding in agreement.

"But I don't like girls," Trunks said bluntly.

"I like Trunks," the other boy finished.

"And you like Goten."

Bulma and Chi-chi smiled at each other, their eyes sparkling the way that mothers eyes do when their children have just totally missed something because of their age. Of course they had no way of knowing that it wasn't their children that were missing it.

"But the two of you don't wanna get married," they said in that 'I'm-you're- mother-you-are-wrong-way'.

Both boys blinked. "Yes we do."

The mothers looked at them in surprise; it was obvious that they had thought this out... Suddenly they both broke out into a smile. "That is so sweet!"

"Ohhh..." Bulma said, "Wanting to marry your best friend! I remember that when I was little. His name was Taylor and we would hold hands while we were on the swing and I'd kiss him on the cheek at the end of the school day." She sighed, "I'm really glad I didn't marry him. In fact I don't think we lasted past the 5th grade... no... the 4th."

Chi-chi giggled and blushed red. "I did marry my best friend."

Bulma sweat dropped.

"Though," Chi-chi continued, "He was my only friend the same age as me." Bulma chuckled and looked back at their kids who had seriously confused looks on their faces. "Well," she said, "I'll tell you what. We'll talk about this in about 9 or 10 years, okay?"

Both boys smiled and nodded.

"Good. Now, come on little monster) lets get home and get some lunch together, huh?"

Trunks jumped down from the monkey bars and waved at Goten. "Ok, Chibi-chan, see you next week." he said as he ran over to his mom who had just uncapsuled a car.

Goten watched with a happy smile as the bright green car drove off, his mind already thinking about next weekend when Trunks-kun would be coming over to his house. Maybe he could talk Gohan into letting them play the game console he had gotten for his birthday. Goten jumped down, the smile still plastered on his face.

"You have fun this weekend, Goten?"

The boy nodded jubilantly, "Yes, Mama, lots of fun. I even slept in the dark, but Trunks-kun was there to keep me from being sacred!"

So much like Goku, she sighed inwardly but quickly forced the sad thought away. She turned to her son and smiled. "I'm glad. It's good for you to have a friend so close to your own age."

She uncapsuled her own car and they climbed in.

"Yeah, and I can't wait till next weekend! We are going to have so much fun! It's easier to play our fighting games there because of the woods," Goten said still happily rambling on.

Yep, so much like his father
The math is wrong. I know. That was just because Trunks was spouting out of his rear, LOL.