Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love Series ❯ Sleep Overs and Promises ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here's part two. Thanks again Mutt for betaing it, you have found your way to the top of my favorite persons list! I also wanna thank everyone who reviewed, or even took time to read it. My Author alert is on so if you want you can put me of yours.

I love you all, have a wonderful day!

Oh, and this takes place just before the Saiyaman Series picks up. Trunks is 8 and Goten, 7.

And yes it was bonding in the last chapter.

Sleepovers and Promises

PG-13

By: Slytherinette

Eight year old Trunks could feel sleep calling him, beckoning him into it's warm embrace. It had taken over an hour for him to get to this point and he would have rejoiced if it wouldn't have destroyed the purpose. He was so sleepy his eyes hurt and his muscles were so relaxed.

It was wonderful.

You see, he would have been a sleep a long time ago but he had to be one of those children that weren't normal. Besides the fact that he was stronger than the strongest human (and as far as he was concerned the future strongest being in the universe) he had a little.... idiosyncrasy about his sleeping arrangements. Where most children his age, including the one he was sharing the bed with on this fateful night, hated the dark and the horrors that hid within it, Trunks WELCOMED it. Not that he thought that anything was in the dark that wasn't there when the light was on, just that the light distracted him from his intended purpose of going to bed. He had to have it totally pitch black. If there was a light on, even a small light like the one on his Game box, he couldn't sleep. It bothered him to no ends and it had to be either covered up, turned off, or he had to be half dead (sort of like he was in his current situation.) He could close his eyes and it would burn through his eyelids; he could turn his back to it and it would still drive him crazy.

Goten, his sleeping partner, unfortunately wasn't the same.

"But there may be monsters hiding in the dark," Goten had argued unwaveringly, totally forgetting the fact that he and Trunks were close to top of the list so aptly named "Strongest Beings In The Universe."

"I swear if there are I will blast their head off for you," The proud demi-Saiyajin had whined. Of course Trunks was 99% certain that his room was monster free and he was sure if something did come up he could just yell for his Papa.

Finally after an hour of debate with a steadfast scaredy cat, a very sleepy and grumpy Trunks had given his Chibi what he wanted.

It seemed like forever before Trunks had blocked out the cruel and mercilessly full moon's light that invaded his normally dark room. It had, at first, seemed to be laughing at him as it had decided it wanted to stare right down to his side of the Capsule Corporation's building, mocking him as it glared through his window practically screaming "You'll never sleep again, HAHAHA." But the moon hadn't won. Oh no! Now sleep was a victory that would be his. The more his body relaxed the closer he got to his wonderful goal: his heartbeat slowed, his breath became deep and unhurried. The moment was just seconds away.

"Trunks, are you asleep?

Trunks growled deeply as his eyes snapped open. "Not anymore!"

"Oh, well," Goten said as if he didn't even notice the callousness in his best friend's voice. "Since your awake, can I ask you a question?"

Trunks sighed and rolled over to face younger boy. "Might as well," he said with a that-was-what-you-woke-me-up-for look.

"Do you think that when you get old you'll leave me and get married?"

Blue eyes blinked, slightly shocked at the true worry in his Chibi's voice. "Why would I do that? I'll never leave you."

"But what if you get married? What if you find someone you want to spend more time with than me?"

"I won't," he plainly stated. And he wouldn't. Besides, it wouldn't make sense to not spend every waking moment with Goten... unnatural in a way.

"But remember what your Dad and Gohan said. All Saiyajins, whether they like it or not will have to mate. They'll find someone, their instincts will take over and they'll have no choice," Goten said, seemingly quoting Vegeta more than Gohan. And, yes, it was all true, but still; the same rule applied to Goten as well.

"It won't matter, because you will always be my best friend. Nothing and no one will change that."

A sad sigh came from Goten's side of the bed. "Okay." But it wasn't. It was all wrong and both boys knew that. There was a few moment of silence, Goten thinking it all over. He was trying to remember the conversation his mom had forced Gohan to have with him. When Goten got older he'd think it was funny but to his seven year old mind it was nothing but confusing.

"You mate with someone you love. You find someone you love and you.. uhh.. mate with them," Gohan had clumsily explained before he excused himself to go study. Goten didn't understand this whole mating thing but he totally understood the love concept.

"Trunks?"

"Goten," Trunks said harshly, "I'm trying to sleep!"

This time he didn't ignore the tone in the purple haired boy's voice. "I'm sorry," Goten said sadly, "Never mind."

The royal descendant's heart dropped. "No, Chibi. What is it?"

There was another moment of silence before he received his response. "Do you love me?"

Trunks sat straight up, his eyes wide. What?! What kind of question was that? He looked at Goten who was raising up himself. What was going on in that head of his?

"What do you mean? Love how?"

Goten tilted his head to the side, giving him that innocent appeal that was so unique to the Chibi. "You mean there are different types of love?"

Trunks frowned, he really hadn't thought about that. "I don't know."

"Well then," Goten continued, "do you love me in any kind of way?"

Again Trunks wasn't sure how to answer him. "I... I don't know."

Trunks' Chibi giggled babyishly. "Well, do you like me a lot?"

Trunks blinked. "Yes," he replied with out question.

"Would you do anything for me?"

Blue eyes glanced at the window that framed a perfectly full moon. "Yes."

"And you don't wanna be mean to me."

Ouch. Trunks felt slightly guilty at that question. He was mean to Goten sometimes but most of the time he couldn't help it. Goten was so childish and it was harder for the older, more mature Trunks to handle sometimes. "Yes."

The smile that crossed the smaller boy's face lit up the room in a way that made the moon look pathetic. "Then you love me!"

An apprehensive look crossed Trunks' face as he laid back down. He really wasn't sure how to respond. He could hear his father's voice telling him that emotions were for weaklings but at the same time he remembered something his mom had said.

"Trunks, don't ever turn out like your father. He loves us, he does, but his damn pride won't even let him admit it to himself. You don't have to say it, but at least don't hide it from yourself. I learned the hard way that it just hurts so much more that way."

"It's okay," Goten said, pulling Trunks out of his thoughts. "You don't have to say it. I love you too."

"....but at least don't hide it from yourself."

Suddenly, Goten stood up and moved to the curtains.

"What are you doing?"

"Closing the curtains," Goten answered as the room was thrown into darkness.

"But..."

"No, it's okay," the younger boy said as Trunks felt the bed shift with Goten's weight, "I know you can't get to sleep. I'll be fine with you here."

Trunks blinked, then blinked again. Sometimes he really didn't know what to think about Goten.

"....but at least don't hide it from yourself."

The older of the two nodded to himself. Yes. He loved Goten, of that he was certain.

Trunks found himself wrapping a protective arm around his Chibi Saiyajin.

*Flashback*

"Mom, how do you mate?" Trunks asked as she sat a large plate of breakfast food in front of him.

Bulma froze and looked to Vegeta who in return had looked up to her, a royal eyebrow raised.

"This is your job, Woman."

"Mine?" Her eyes grew wide and she couldn't have been more horrified if he had just told her that Cell was back and stronger than ever. "You're the Saiyajin!"

"I told you everything you need to know, now you just tell him."

She blinked. "Everything I need to know? You mean there's more to it?"

"Woman.." he growled threateningly before he turned back to his plate. Bulma's mother had been the one to cook today and he was going to be damned if anything interrupted his meal.

Bulma blinked, "We'll talk about this later, Vegeta," she said as she looked back at Trunks. "To mate, you have to find someone you love."

"And," Vegeta interrupted between bites, "are physically attracted to. You don't want to spend the rest of your life with someone who's hideous."

Bulma wasn't sure how to respond to that. He was either calling her attractive or ugly but after last night she was sure it was the former. "Yes," she agreed, "and they need feel the same way about you."

"And you have to be wiling to spend the rest of your life with them, being totally loyal to them because your Saiyajin blood won't allow you to be any other way," Vegeta glanced at Bulma.

Bulma's face flushed slightly. "And someone you would die for. Someone you couldn't imagine life without."

The prince of the nearly extinct race snorted. "And a bunch of other nonsense you'll figure out one day."

*End Flashback*

Trunks frowned in concentration. He would die for Goten and he didn't think he could live without him. He had already established that he loved him but... Trunks tried to look at Goten's face in the darkness, for the first time that night wishing the moon light was there. He guessed Goten was pretty but maybe he was too young for that.

"Hey, Goten?"

"Hm," came a sleepy response.

"Why don't we just get mate each other."

Goten scratched his head. "I don't know how to."

"Well I don't know all the details but we fit the description so far."

Goten bit his lip in serious thought. "We don't have to kiss like your mom and dad do, do we? Cause that's just gross."

Trunks shuddered slightly at the thought. "I don't think so, besides that may not be a part of it."

Goten smiled. "Okay, then we'll mate... when we know how to."

Trunks nodded and pulled Goten's smaller frame closer, not knowing why he had the sudden need to touch Goten so much. He buried his nose in the crook of Goten's neck .

This was better. Both of them found sleep much faster knowing that their future was set in stone, or at least in their stubborn minds, and that they would be together forever.

------------------

Vegeta was not at all happy with the scene that greeted him when he went to wake up his son and that other brat. The two were curled up together, covers kicked off, sound asleep. Goten's head was on Trunks upper arm with one of his hands under his makeshift pillow, the other curled under his chin. Trunks' free arm was wrapped tightly around the younger boy's waist and his cheek rested lightly against black hair.

Vegeta let out a low and dangerous growl at the picture of perfect love they unknowingly created.

He had suspected it since the first time the two boys saw each other but never had any real proof until now.

They had chosen each other - bonded if you will. The next step: Mating.

Damn.

Before he could throw a ki blast at the two slumbering boys he flipped on the light switch.

"WAKE UP!" His voice boomed causing both of them to jump awake. Vegeta tried to keep from smirking at the twin look of horror and shock on their faces.

"Your mother's cooking your breakfast so get up and get dressed. You had better be down there in 10 minutes."

Trunks snorted. "Knowing you gotta eat Mama's cooking is not a good way to wake up."

Goten was going to smirk but the full blooded Saiyajin's glare stopped it.

TBC