Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Redirection ❯ Sentimental ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi, and thanks for reviewing.

I'm so happy.

So I'd thought I'd write another chapter, and sorry about the last chapter.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN DBZ

CHAPTER 6

Sentimental

Gohan flew for hours, the icy wind chilling him to his bones, and nipping at his face.

Finally it became too much for him, as so much had become within the past few years.

He landed in the deserted street of some city, and leaned heavily against a concrete wall, closing his eyes in frustration, tears leaking out from his near frozen eyelids.

He hated the fact that he had to isolate himself from the world, it hurt so much.

Yet he knew he had to do it.

His little brother wouldn't understand, neither would Trunks, they were to young, and by the time they grew up, they would remember nothing of the teenager who meant so much to them, they would only know a distant and unreachable man.

Bulma would be concerned as she was with everyone, but she would get over it as the years passed, and Vegeta would be Vegeta, remote and arrogant.

Images of his terrible dreams pushed his way back into his mind, they had always been there almost constantly, and he tried to dispel them with thought of happier times.

Gohan recalled his eleventh birthday party, his grandfather, Krillin, his Mum and Dad had all been present.

But then he remembered his Mum's voice from his awful nightmare.

"I never loved you, I just wanted you out of my hair."

He sunk to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably, where he fell asleep, in the deadly cold.

He woke up in a warm, familiar room.

It was Vegeta's spare bedroom, where the annoying short saiyan slept when he was to exhausted to haul himself into the main house from the gravity room.

`How did I end up in here?' Gohan wondered.

`Bulma would have put me in my own room, so that must mean….' His thoughts trailed off; he couldn't believe it, even if he had wanted to.

Vegeta, that was the only logical answer.

But was he capable of possessing such feeling?

`Huh,' Gohan thought `he just wants to turn me into a killer psycho who will take over the known universe, that's the only reason he would have brought me here, so I would trust him.'

Gohan had absolutely no idea what had nearly befallen him.

His trials had caused him to take leave of his senses.

There was reason the streets were deserted.

It was because it was near zero degrees, and it was a wonder that it wasn't snowing.

Gohan hadn't been wearing very much, and had fallen asleep.

Vegeta had felt Gohan's energy begin to slip, and had instantly left in search of the depressed teenager.

Vegeta had found him, blue, cold, and dying.

He had a weak pulse, and his breaths were coming in shorter and shallower gasps every minute.

Vegeta had picked him up, and held him close to his body, like a hug, and had flown back to Capsule Corp, as fast as he could.

He had used basic first aid to save the boy's life, and kept him warm, leaving him to rest and checking on him occasionally.

Vegeta entered the room to find Gohan awake.

"Brat, you're in here for one reason, and one reason only. I didn't want my head to hurt when the woman found out you were missing in this weather. So I told her that you were asleep in the gravity chamber, and then went in search of you. You're being selfish boy, sulk on your own time, my well being is at stake to."

Gohan said sourly, "yes Vegeta." And frowned.

Vegeta walked out of the room, and gave a relieved sigh.

He did care for the boy, but like he was going to admit it, it wasn't in his nature.

So what did you think, please review.

Thanx