Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Redirection ❯ Role Call ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonballz, and probably never will, but a girl can dream ^_^

Hi it's been a while since I've updated `cos everything wasn't working, but as the saying goes `shit happens' So here's chapter seven I hope you enjoy it.

P.S. If you're a fan of the Pan and Trunks fictions check out my friend blonde-e and her story.

Chapter Seven

Roll call

Boredom

It's the one word in the whole universe that makes you feel ready to fall flat on your face.

That's how Gohan felt.

He had been locked inside of a house, while the weather raged and ranted.

He'd been beaten to a pulp by Vegeta, harassed and pursued by the two energetic youths that went by the names of Goten and Trunks, and fussed over by Bulma.

He was not a happy chappy.

He sat gazing out the window, looking at the rain drizzle down the glass, wishing for something to make his day more interesting.

Footsteps approached the closed demi-saiyan's bedroom door, and Gohan called absentmindedly before they had a chance to knock, "Come in."

A puffy head of blue hair poked around the corner.

"Gohan, I've been wondering, don't you think you should socialise with kids your age?" Bulma asked sweetly.

Gohan just grunted in reply.

"I mean you need a change of scenery and people. You must be getting sick of looking at the same surroundings day in and day out." Bulma continued.

"Okay Bulma, what's your plan, it's a whole heap easier on both of us if you just get to the point, for Dende's sake." The irritable young teenager said huffily.

Bulma didn't approve of taking Dende's name in vain, he was a sweet boy after all, but she over looked it just for today.

"Well I actually have three." She took pride in this, she is supposed to be this genius after all. "You could go to school, that's always a pass time, or take up a sport, or you could be an angel and do both."

"I'll think about it Bulma," the youth said, trying not to give her a hint that he was about to burst into tears.

"Okay, tell me if you need anything," and she left.

Gohan broke down, and hurled himself onto his bed.

School

It's not a very nice place to begin with, but it's even worse when you have reoccurring nightmares about your mother telling you that your education at a younger age was a test to see if you were a wimp or not, and an excuse to keep you away from her.

He remembered the dream with the leering figures.

And what was with the sudden ideas for him to socialise?

Was he that annoying and repulsive to look at that Bulma wanted him away from her to?

Was Bulma such good friends with his mother that she was going to use the same methods to keep him away from her?

He repeatedly smacked himself in the head as if trying to force his thoughts to leave him alone.

But his efforts were in vain, and he took up his position at the window, to watch the world, which cried with him.

Gohan knew he would have to participate in one of Bulma's schemes, but which one was the question.

Sport wasn't such a bad idea, except for that fact that he was super strong, super fast and would probably end up killing another person, just like he had killed his dad.

School, the same problems applied, as well as his phobia that someone was trying to get rid of him.

But then he remembered how much he was supposed to distance himself from the ones he loved, and Bulma had presented a way for him to be out of the house, without getting into trouble with her.

He decided to take up the offer of going to school and signing up for a sport, and when he approached Bulma about the subject, she took it as a good omen that he was recovering from his depression, and not the complete opposite which was his intent.

She immediately called the nearest school and arranged for Gohan to attend first thing Monday morning.

Goten, Trunks and Vegeta were all disappointed when they heard the news that Gohan wouldn't be home for most of the day on weekdays because he was going to attend school.

Goten had burst into tears and laid a guilt trap for Gohan, who nimbly avoided it.

Trunks went into sulk mode, and would talk to no one bar Goten,

Vegeta had screamed insults at Bulma and then Gohan about not being able to train properly and that Gohan was being selfish and weak again. He also raved about education being a waste of time and energy and he would personally blow up all the schools in the world as soon as he got the chance.

He didn't include he would miss the boy, and that he couldn't actually be bothered going ahead with his threat to destroy the schools.

Monday morning, Gohan dressed for school and went down for breakfast.

Vegeta wasn't present, and the two youngest were sitting in a corner hatching a plan that would stop Gohan from going to school, needless to say they were unsuccessful.

Bulma was cooking, and Gohan, rather wisely, grabbed some fruit and bought produce from the cupboards for breakfast, and packed some more for his lunch, and darted out the door before anyone could protest.

Bulma lived fairly close to the school, so Gohan walked at a leisurely pace, munching on an apple.

He was late none the less, and walked into his form class flashing a classic Vegeta smirk.

The teacher was not impressed.

"Everyone, this is our new student Gohan. His mother, Bulma Briefs enrolled a couple of days ago," the teacher said in a disapproving tone, as he looked the new boy up and down.

The class began whispering excitedly.

"The Bulma Briefs, is his mother?" One student said louder and more sceptically then anyone else.

Gohan sought out the source of the voice, and found his eyes resting on a boy in the back row.

The loud teenager had chocolate brown hair and a pale complexion, his eyes were a pale blue and his clothes were obviously there to make a rebellious statement.

Gohan smirked.

He disliked this boy on sight.

"Not that it's any of your business, but she's my foster-mother, so shut your great big, ugly pit of a mouth before I decide to come up there and ram it shut myself."

The rest of the class shut up at this insult to see what the top dog of the class would do.

One of his flunkies nudged the insulted teenage human, and said, "Drahyrt, (get it try hard backwards ^_^)

You're not going to let him get away with that are you?"

Drahyrt frowned slightly, `who was this guy? And whom did he think he was coming in here and attempting to make a fool out of him?

So that's that chapter over and done with.

I thought that name was quite clever, Try hard backwards, huh I'm so creative ^_^

You can pronounce it the way you want, I didn't actually have that in mind when I though of it.

So if you like review. C'ya next chapter.