Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections of Roses ❯ Part One ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

REFLECTIONS OF ROSES


DISCLAIMER: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the DBZ characters. I do, however, own Celine and the fic that DBZ is in. That is all.

PROLOGUE



The night sky was dark with the sparkling stars above. The wind of the Earth flew past many people who were walking along the crowed streets. Many where out just to be out. Others just wanted to get away from their lives for a couple of hours.
Celine was one of them who wanted to get away. Away from her life. The girl had her hands in her jeans pockets, her head down. She was wearing a leather jacket which a book bag was over top. Her blue top shone dark in the lamp lights. Her black hair was tied in a ponytail, a few stray strands blowing in the wind.
Celine had no where to go. The girl had run away only hours ago, not wanting to live her life anymore. Her parents were too strict. They forbid her to do most things other kids did. Celine didn't blame them, since she had done so many things in her past. So many things that should should have been thrown in jail for. Yet, her parents kept her out of that horrid place, vowing that they would change their youngest daughter around. So, they took away her freedom. Any kind of freedom that Celine was used to she had no more. Until tonight.
The girl stopped in front of a movie theater as she looked from the ground. In front of her, a mother, father, and a young girl were waiting for the light to change. The girl was in the middle of the parents, holding their hands. A happy look was in her eyes as the three smiled at each other. The light changed and they walked across the street, the smiles still on their faces. Celine watched them go, a sadness inside her growing.
Her parents had never loved her. They had rejected her from the beginning. Even though they wanted their daughter to change, her parents really didn't give a damn. They had made sure that Celine's life was a living hell from the moment she was born. That was the reason why the girl was running away. Because she couldn't stand the thought of living in that house a moment more.
Celine shook her head, walking forward once again. Anger replaced the sadness quickly, pushing that emotion out of her body. She didn't care what happened to her. As long as she could survive, the girl would be okay. Okay from everything.
The girl felt a tug from her back as her book bag was torn from her. A masked man ran in front of her. Running away with all of her things. Celine screamed out, anger flashing in her eyes. She gave chase, people jumping out of her way. She fought to keep up with the masked man, which was easy for her. Leaping up in the air, the girl feel onto the man, her book bag flinging out of his hands as they landed on the ground.
"That is what you get for taking my stuff." Celine growled out, a smile on her face. Her smile turned to a frown as she was thrown off of the masked man as he twisted quickly from under her. Celine did a quick cartwheel, landing on her feet. The man jumped up, turning to face the girl. He charged at her, hitting the girl with all the force he had. Celine felt the air go from her lungs as she was plunged into a brick wall, pain shooting through her body. She fell to the ground as the masked man moved away from her.
"That is what you get for jumping on top of me." He growled out, turning away from the girl. Celine closed her eyes, the pain too great to move her body. She heard a gasp come from the man, hearing him back up some.
'This is what you get for hitting a girl." Another male voice growled out before Celine fell into darkness.


HOURS LATER.........


Celine felt no pain in her back as she fluttered her eyes opened. It took her a moment before her eyes got used to the light of the room. She looked around the room for a moment, realizing she was in a hospital. Panic ran threw her body as the girl tried to sit up.
"Don't. Just lay there." A soft female voice said, pushing the girl back down. Celine looked up to see a dark haired woman standing over her, a light smile on her face.
"I can't be here. My parents...." Celine whispered, closing her eyes.
"Yes. They must be worried sick about you. You know, you really shouldn't run away like that." The woman scolded, crossing her arms over her chest.
"They wouldn't give a rat's ass if I died. My parents probably aren't even looking for me. My sister probably thinks I am in hell or something. Who are you anyways?" The girl asked, sighing slightly.
"I am Chi Chi. And don't use that language around me." The other scolded again.
"Sorry. It is just that my parents have never cared about me. They never have and never will. I bet they haven't noticed that I have left." Celine said sadly, blinking her eyes. "By the way, who saved my neck?"
"My husband, Goku, did. He's at home, watching our son." Chi Chi said, uncrossing her arms. She smiled down at the girl, who really didn't care.
"Really? Have to thank him after I leave this place, which won't be long. Then, I am on my way." Celine said half heartedly.
"You are going no where but home, young lady." The woman growled out.
"Home? What home? To me, the streets are home." The girls said, rolling her eyes. "Look, lady. Even if I am sent back to that hell hole, I don't plan on staying there. No one on this rock can keep me there even if they wanted to."
"Fine, if that is the way you want it to be. I guess I will have to keep you at my home, which is better than the streets." Chi Chi mused, shaking her head.




CHAPTER ONE
~~ONE YEAR LATER


"Okay, what are we going to do tonight?" Gohan said in a happy voice. Celine was watching T.V., not really listening to the young boy. She sat on the couch, an angry look on her face. There was nothing on T.V. that night and the girl was bored. To top it all off, she had to watch the kid.
"Nothing, like always. You are going to bed in a hour so there really isn't much to do." Celine mused, not taking her head off the T.V.. At that moment, she really didn't want to do anything. She had a rough day in school, which was complete hell. The girl felt like the principal was the devil himself. All the people around acted like Celine didn't even exist when she was at school. Yet, when she got home, Chi Chi and Goku were there to comfort the girl. Comfort her when she needed someone the most. Even little Gohan was there. Celine had never felt this much love directed towards her in all of the years she had lived with her parents. Now, she was happy. Sort of. There was still something that was missing. Something that she really, really wanted.
"I really want to do something." Gohan whined, sitting down next to the girl and looking up at her. Celine looked down at him, a smile on her face. The boy gave the other his prize winning look, which never failed to soften her.
"Alright, I give." Celine said, turning off the T.V.. "What do you want to do?"
"Let's watch those movies you got!" The young boy cried out, happiness going into his eyes.
"You really want to watch them, Gohan?" She asked, laughing. Gohan nodded, the happiness still in his eyes. Celine smiled more as she spoke. "Alright, go get them."



***

Vegeta stared out of the window of Bulma's apartment, anger in his eyes. His arms where crossed over his chest like he always had them. There was never a moment when there was anger in his body. It seemed like the only emotion he could feel. Except when he was around Bulma. Then, he felt less angry.
The Saiyan prince turned around as he heard someone walk in the door. The anger vanished from his eyes as he laid them on the blue haired girl. She didn't notice that he was there as he walked up to her. A surprised look came onto Bulma's face as Vegeta placed his arms tightly around her waist.
"You still here? I would have thought you would have left long ago." She replied nervously. The girl pushed the prince's arms off of her waist as she walked to her bedroom.
"Woman, what's wrong with you? I show some love towards you and you just push me away. How dare you!" Vegeta growled, following Bulma. She did not turn towards him as the Saiyan stood in the door way, anger in his eyes. "Damn it, woman. Answer me this minute!"
"You want to know what's wrong with me, Vegeta? I will tell you what's wrong with me." Bulma growled out, spinning around quickly. "I never did go to work. I was with Yamucha! I don't love you anymore, Vegeta. I thought I did, but I still have feelings from him."
"You......what!?!" The prince stammered, the anger flowing through him. He walked towards the girl, who backed up slightly. "You....cheated on me? With that good for nothing human? How dare you. You know how much I cared for you? And, what do I get in return for it? THIS!"
"Vegeta, look. I am ending this now. Good bye." She said, narrowing her eyes. Vegeta breathed in and out with anger as he turned around quickly, stomping towards the door. He flew towards the door, angrily opening it. The Saiyan let it slam behind him as he stomped down the stairs, not caring if people were in his way or not. There was nothing else to care about now that he no longer had Bulma in his life. He had no place to stay. No one to love.
Vegeta came out of the apartment complex as a light rain began to fall. A cold wind flew past him as he began to walk on the side walk, thoughts running through his head. Angry thoughts. Memories. Places where he could go. But, only one place he seemed to have a better chance of staying at.
"I can't believe I am going to do this." Vegeta said bitterly as he walked towards Goku's house.


***

Goku smiled at Chi Chi as she drove towards their home. It had been a rare night that the two had actually had together. Rare, but nice. It gave them the chance to relax and do things that never got to do because of Gohan. Now that Celine was around, they could have more fun. Alone.
"That was a wonderful night, Goku. I hope that we can do it again some time." Chi Chi said, happiness in her voice.
"Yea. Hopefully we can do it again tonight." The Saiyan replied, placing a hand on her leg. The woman gave him a look and he quickly withdrew his hand.
"Not while I am driving." She scolded as they pulled up into their drive way. The lights showed Vegeta's body sitting on the side steps. Sitting in the rain. The two jumped out of the car and walked over to the prince.
"So, Vegeta. What brings you here?" Goku asked, a smile on his face. "Bulma throw you out?"
"More like broke up with me." The Saiyan said, standing up. "As much as I hate to ask you this, but I need a place to stay."
"Why didn't you go in? Gohan is there." Chi Chi said. She then remembered Celine. The woman looked over at her husband, her eyes wide. "Oops. Goku, I think we forgot to tell someone about Vegeta."
"Damn right you did, woman. That girl can punch like anything." Vegeta said, blinking his eyes. "So, what does royalty have to do to get a decent place to stay?"
"Sure, Vegeta. Why not?" Goku shrugged, leading the prince to the house.


TO BE CONTINUED.......