Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections of Roses ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

REFLECTION OF ROSES
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the DBZ characters. I do, however, own Celine and the story that she and DBZ is in. That is all.

CHAPTER TWO:



Goku opened the door of the house slowly, looking around. Celine was no where to be seen as he stepped into the living room. Chi Chi followed him with Vegeta right behind her. There was silence as the three stood near the door, blinking their eyes.
"Celine? Honey, are you still here?" Chi Chi called out softly. There was a slow moving of feet as Celine peeked out of the kitchen. Her eyes were on Vegeta as she stepped out, cautiously. Chi Chi smiled as the girl did this, sighing slightly. "I guess someone should have mentioned Vegeta to you."
"Damn right someone should have. He nearly gave me a heart attack. I thought he was a robber." Celine growled out, relaxing some.
"Robber? Me? Ha!" Vegeta grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.
"Yes, I did. You would do the same if I entered your home like that." The girl said, anger flashing in her eyes. "I am surprised that I didn't hit you harder."
"No one ever hits the Prince of Saiyans, you bitch!" He shot out, controlling his anger the best way he could.
"Does it look like I care less if you are a prince? No! I wouldn't give a damn if you were the Prince of the Earth." The girl spat out, glaring at the Saiyan. There was a moment of silence as the tension mounted between the two. Goku looked at one then the other, hoping nothing would start a fight.
"Okay, why don't I get Vegeta settled in a room and I check on Gohan. Goku, you go to bed." Chi Chi said, walking to the back rooms. Vegeta followed her, his arms still crossed over his chest. Goku smiled at Celine, who still was somewhat angry.
"You going to be okay?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.
"Yeah. I just need to go to bed." Celine mused, blinking her eyes. "It has been a long day."
"Yes, it has." The Saiyan replied as he walked to the back rooms.





****





Celine couldn't sleep. As much as she tossed and turned in her bed, there was no use in trying. Too much had happened that day that swirled in the girls mind to do anything. Especially sleep.
The girl laid on her back, her eyes open. She stared at the ceiling, sorting out her thoughts. Even with Chi Chi and Goku giving their love to her, Celine felt like it wasn't enough. Like there was something missing from her heart. All the girl had to do was to find that thing that would fill that void. That emptiness.
School was not her thing. Celine was doing great in her classes. Better than she did when she was living with her parents. Hell, she didn't even go to school then. But, that wasn't the part of school that bothered her the most. It was those who wer ien the school that did. The teachers were demons. Some of them didn't give a damn about what the students or what they did. Some of them did, though.
That wasn't what was bothering her. Celine couldn't sleep because of the prince. Vegeta had gotten her so angry that she could barely take a shower. To top it off, he walked right in on her, demanding that she get out quickly. The girl had screamed, nearly waking up Gohan. Of course, not wanting to be kicked out of another house, Vegeta walked out of the bathroom, muttering something under his breath. Celine really didn't care about the Saiyan. For all she knew, he could rot in hell if he could.
Celine sat up in the bed as she someone walking around. She quickly threw off the covers and swung her legs over to the side. Slowly, the girl stood up and walked to her door. She opened it and walked out, not knowing who made that noise. The girl walked to the living room, looking around. Celine heard a sob come from the kitchen as she turned her head towards it. The girl walked a few steps towards it, looking in. The was a look of surprise on her face as she spoke.
"Vegeta?" Celine called out, walking to the opened kitchen door. The prince jumped up from the stool he was sitting on, spinning around to face the girl.
"What the hell are you doing woman?" He growled out, crossing his arms over his chest.
"Is it wrong for someone to find out what is going on?" Celine asked, anger in her voice.
"When it involves me, yes" The Saiyan snapped, narrowing his eyes. "You need to mind your own damn business, woman."
"First thing, my name is Celine, not 'woman'. Second, what ever goes on in the house IS my business. Third, you need to lose that attitude with me, Princey Boy." The girl replied, struggling to keep her anger down. It was hard to do so as she stared at Vegeta. The Saiyan seemed to be losing his own control of his anger as flames danced in his eyes. He placed his arms at his side, walking to the girl, his face only inches from hers.
"You a mouth on you, I will give you that. But, you have no clue as to what my power is." Vegeta spat out, losing more of the control on his anger.
"Do I give a damn about your power? I would love to see what you can do, which probably wouldn't be much." Celine laughed, shaking her head. She turned away from the prince, still laughing. She walked out of the kitchen.






****





Chi Chi listened to the words of Vegeta and Celine as she sat on the couch. She stared straight ahead, trying not to scream out in anger. Then she would awake everyone in the house. She didn't want to do that because Gohan had a long day of studying to do the next day.
Chi Chi closed her eyes. She had given so much love to Celine. A lot. So did Goku. The girl had allowed their love for her to sink in, that taking a year to do so. But, it wasn't enough. There was something missing from her. Something that the two couldn't give her. Something Celine had to find on her own.
The girl had come into their lives so suddenly that it still was a surprise to them. Celine had once been a run away, and still was. But now, she had a home to go to. Parents to come to with problems. A younger brother to get into arguments with. A family to come to in times in need. From the way Celine had been acting a year ago, no one who knew her then would know her now. Chi Chi had seen so much change in the girl, especially her attitude, that she felt that the girl had her life turned around. Even though there were times when the girl's anger got to her, Celine still was a sweet young girl. The other had to give her credit for that.
The older woman heard footsteps coming from the kitchen. Chi Chi came out of her trance as Celine walked into the living room. She did not notice the other as she walked into the back. Chi Chi watched her go into her bedroom quietly and calmly, without word. The woman smiled slightly, glad that whatever happened didn't escalate to anything bigger. Bigger than anyone could imagine. When someone got into a fight with the prince, there was rarely anyone who would walk away from him. Celine was one of the lucky ones.
"That girl needs to watch her mouth." Vegeta's voice growled into Chi Chi's thoughts. She jumped slightly as she looked at the Saiyan.
"She has had a rough life, Vegeta. I would be more sympatric towards her." The woman whispered, standing up. The prince's eyes followed her as Chi Chi walked to her bedroom.
"I don't have to feel sorry for that woman. I have my own life to be worried about." Vegeta called after her, anger flowing in voice. Chi Chi ignored him as she walked into her bedroom.






****






Goku did not open his eyes as Chi Chi slid into the bed. He was awake when she covered herself with the covers and laid her head on her pillow. The Saiyan heard his wife sigh sadly, almost hopelessly. That was when Goku opened his eyes, blinking them. He turned on his back, staring up at the ceiling. Chi Chi moved her head, looking over at him with a smile.
"Did I wake you?" She asked moving onto her right side. She placed a arm over his chest as Goku smiled as well. He put a arm around her, bringing his wife closer to his body.
"No. I was awake. Waiting for you to come back." The Saiyan whispered to her, placing his chin on the top of her head. He heard her sigh again, yet more happy. "What was wrong out there? I heard Vegeta fighting with someone."
"Celine was the one who was fighting with him. As always, their mouths get the best of them. But, I am not worried. Not yet." Chi Chi whispered back as she closed her eyes. Goku smiled down at her, love for her in his eyes.
"I am not worried about Celine either. I am just glad that you are back in bed with me." He said softly, stroking Chi Chi's hair. The woman smiled and opened her eyes, looking up at him, the smile still on her lips.
"Really? Just how glad are you, now that I am back?" She asked, a playful smile on her face. Goku moved his face towards hers, kissing her gently on the lips.
That night was one of the best nights the Saiyan ever had.






CHAPTER THREE:
~~~~ONE MONTH LATER



Bulma found herself standing in front of Goku's house, her arms crossed over her chest. She had called eariler in the week, hoping that she wouldn't get Vegeta. Instead, she had gotten some weird girl to pick up the phone. The blue haired girl didn't know it was and didn't care.
Even though they broken up a month ago, Bulma still had some feelings for the Saiyan. She had used the excuse that she was with Yamcha instead of telling her real feelings. That was a mistake that costed her a love and the chance to change Vegeta totally around. Well, that girl can have him, She thought bitterly as she walked up to Goku's front door. I really don't care.
Bulma sighed, staring at the unopened door. She knocked on the door, hoping someone other than Vegeta. Someone other than Vegeta did answer the door. A young girl opened the door, staring at her blankly. She was wearing baggy pants and a baby tee. Her long black hair was in a French braid as it laid on her back. The girl looked tough. Almost as tough as Vegeta was.
"Hello." Bulma squeaked out. "I am Bulma. I was the one who called a few days ago."
"Oh, yeah. I remember you. Come in." The girl replied, holding the door open for the other. Bulma nodded slightly, walking in. She looked around, glad that Vegeta wasn't there. But, she knew she had to talk to him soon.
"So, is Vegeta around?" Bulma asked, looking at the girl as she closed the door.
"He is asleep." The other replied, anger flashing in her eyes. "Frankly, I'd wish that he'd stay asleep forever, but I don't have the time to find the Dragon Balls."
"So, that bastard getting to you, huh?" Bulma said, a smile on her face. "Well, join the club."
"You too, I see. Well, if you want to see Princey Boy, go ahead and wake him. Just to warn you, though, he'll be in a bitchy ass mood if you do." The girl said, snorting.
"That is okay. I think I'll try another day." She mused, walking to the door.
"Would you like me to give him a message?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips. The blue haired girl turned her head towards the other, blinking her eyes.
"Yes. Tell him to get his stuff." Bulma said, opening the door. She stepped out into the sunshine, not looking back.



****



Vegeta watched from the bedroom window as Bulma walked out of the front door. His arms were crossed over his chest like always, his lips in a frown. Pain stabbed in his heart as the blue haired girl walked away, but he didn't show it on his face. The Saiyan couldn't. He didn't know how to show any emotions other than anger. Vegeta was used to hiding all those emotions deep down, forcing them into his heart.
Vegeta sighed as he heard a knock on the door. The prince closed then opened his eyes before turning around. He stared at the door, not really wanting to see or talk to anyone. Not even an argument with Celine would help him.
"Come in." He growled out, his arms still srossed over his chest. The door opened as Celine walked in. She gave him a small smile as she closed the door behind her.
"Okay, she is gone. Now you can go out of this room." The girl said, sitting down on the edge of the bed. Vegeta snorted, turning his back on her.
"I don't think I'll be leaving this room for a few hours. I need to think." The prince said, narrowing his eyes at the window. He listened for a moment as he heard no movement from the bed. Vegeta turned his head towards Celine, who was still sitting on the bed, her head bowed down. "Did you hear what I said or are you deaf woman?"
"What is it like to love someone? Or am I asking the wrong person?" Celine asked, ignoring the prince's question. Vegeta sighed, turning his head back towards the window. He wanted to tell her everything. Everything that he felt when he was around Bulma. The Feelings he felt for her. Yet, now it was a memory in time. A memory that the Saiyan wanted to forget.
"You are asking the wrong person, woman." Vegeta replied angrily.
"Thought so. You know, you are kinda good looking. You just need to lose that attitude of yours and maybe someone can actually love you." The girl said, standing up.
"How would you know? You don't know me. You don't know what I've been through." Vegeta growled out, spinning around to face the other. Anger flashed in his eyes as he stared at her, trying to stay calm. The prince put his arms at his side, Celine tilting her head slightly.
"Care to tell me, Princey Boy?" The girl asked.
"Look, I was taken away from my home when I was very young. My father never really cared for me. I grew up, not knowing what love was." The prince spat out, frowning.
"And your father sent you away because he didn't love you?" Celine asked, blinking her eyes.
"He didn't have a choice. It was either that or be killed by Frieza, which he ultimately was." Vegeta said. He then shook his head. "Why in the hell am I telling you this?"
"Because, I asked. See, my parents probably would have killed me the moment I was born. Yet, they didn't I have lived like I was nothing to them. That is why I am here today." Celine snapped, turning towards the door.
"Why should I care what you went through?" The prince snapped back, walking up to Celine. She kept her back to him, crossing her arms over her chest. Vegeta let out a growl as he grabbed the girls arm. He pulled her to face him, his eyes locking onto hers. "When I am talking to you, you must be facing me, woman!"
"Why? Do you always have to get your way? Damn it, Vegeta. We're not at your palace. You can't order people around, especially me. I am not your slave." The girl screeched out, shaking her arm out of the prince's grasp. "And, I don't give a damn if you are royalty or not. You can't just barge in here and take over things. You are a bastard, you know that?"
"Shut up!" Vegeta screamed, lunging towards the girl. She jumped out onto the bed, the prince diving head first into the door, his head hitting it. Hard. Very hard. He felt pain go through his body as he staggered backwards, blood going down his face. The Saiyan heard Celine gasp out as he closed his eyes, not knowing anything else after that.



****


Celine sat on the hard bench of the hospital, Gohan sitting on her lap. He had his head on her shoulder as she slept silently and peacefully. Goku and Chi Chi sat on either side of her, not saying a word. Doctors and Nurses flew past them, not even glancing their way.
The girl stared straight ahead, her eyes red. She had been crying for the past few hours, not knowing why. Celine felt that Vegeta deserved what he got, but she felt scared. Scared that she may never see the prince again. Scared that he would die. Girl, snap out of it. Princey Boy is nothing to you, She thought bitterly as she looked down at Gohan.
"You want me to take him?" Chi Chi asked, breaking the silence. The girl looked at her.
"No. I don't want him to wake." Celine whispered. She leaned her head on the wall, sighing. "What is taking so long?"
"It is a hospital. Don't worry. Vegeta will be okay." Goku mused, a light smile on his lips.
"Worried? Me? No way!" The girl sputtered out, laughing nervously. She looked up at the ceiling, waiting more.
TO BE CONTINUED.......