Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections of Roses ❯ Part Three ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

REFLECTIONS OF ROSES

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the characters in it or the song "Wings" (which I know none of my readers has heard before!). I do own, however, Celine, Charles Snyder, Celine's parents and the fic all of this is in. That is all.


CHAPTER FOUR


"Are you sure you want to stay here?" Chi Chi asked, her hands on her hips. She faced Celine, who just stared right back.
"Yes, I am sure. I mean, someone has to stay here to see what will happen." The girl said angrily, blinking her eyes. Goku sighed from next to Chi Chi as he held Gohan in his arms. Chi Chi still looked doubtful as she shook her head.
"I don't know, Celine. I don't want either of you to blow up this hospital." She replied.
"Chi Chi, if she wants to stay, let her. It is her choice. She is old enough." Goku put in, a light smile on his face. His wife glared at him, making the Saiyan step back some. He have her a look of innocence as Chi Chi sighed and faced the girl once again.
"Fine. You can stay here then. Don't call me in a hour, whining that you want to come home." The older woman snapped, turning around quickly. She marched down the hallway, Goku following her close behind. Celine sat down on the bench once again, placing her elbows on her knees. Placing her chin in her hands, the girl blinked her eyes, waiting. Waiting to see what would happen to Vegeta. It was not that she cared for him. It was just that she didn't want to lose someone to argue with.
Celine sighed. She closed her eyes, fighting back the tears. The girl felt partly responsible for what had happened to the prince. She knew she should have let him hit her. Then, she would be in the hospital. Not Vegeta. Stop it, girl. Don't feel sorry for that bastard, She thought to herself, a single tear going down her cheek. What has he done for you, besides giving you grief?
Hearing footsteps coming towards her, Celine snapped her eyes open. She sat up quickly, looking around. She saw a nurse coming from the direction of the prince's room, no emotions in her eyes. The girl felt panic go through her veins as the nurse stopped in front of her. She glanced at the girl quickly, a small smile on her face.
"You are Celine, right?" The nurse asked.
"Yes, I am. Why in the hell do you want to know?" The girl asked, blinking back the anger.
"He is awake and has demanded for the last half hour that he see you." The nurse said, beckoning the girl to follow her. Celine stood up, following the nurse to Vegeta's room.



****


"I can't believe that girl! Why does she want to stay with that good for nothing prince?" Chi Chi fumes as she drove down the highway. Goku looked over at her, a worried looked on his face.
"Chi Chi, don't worry about her. She can take care of herself.. Just keep your eyes on the road and we should be fine." The Saiyan cried out, holding onto the care seat. Chi Chi drove like crazy, swerving past cars in madness. "Drive normal, please."
"Why? Celine makes me so mad!" She screeched out, blinking her eyes.
"I know she says things that make people mad. But, it is just her way of letting out all of that anger she has." Her husband said, "I think she has feelings for Vegeta."
"WHAT!?!?" Chi Chi screamed, taking her foot off of the gas and placing it on the brake. The car screeched to a halt as well as the other cars behind them. The woman turned to Goku, flames dancing in her eyes. "What do you mean Celine has feelings for Vegeta!?!?"
"I believe under all that anger, Celine really cares for him. The same way with Vegeta. They just don't know it yet." Goku said, not looking at his wife. He was too scared to. "That is probably why she wanted to stay with him."
"I hope you are wrong, Goku. It is bad enough that both are living under one roof. Just think how bad it would be if they were to be in love." Chi Chi snapped, turning her attention back forward, still angry.
"Are we home yet?" Gohan asked tiredly from the back seat. He sat up, looking at his parents. Chi Chi smiled slightly, cars honking from behind their car.
"Almost." She said, putting her foot back on the gas petal. The car started to much towards home.


****


Vegeta had his eyes closed, not really; sleeping. There were bandages on his head, keeping the blood from going from his head. The Saiyan wanted to get up out of the bed. Out of the damn hospital. Yet, every time he tried to sit up, he felt dizzy. Too dizzy to do anything. Even with the medicine the doctors had given him, it still didn't help the prince.
The pain in his head had long since ended but the pain in the Saiyan's heart didn't. Vegeta still felt the sting of his and Bulma's break up. It had been a month ago, yet it was still there. Celine's words didn't help either. They just made it worse on him. Worse than before.
Vegeta had loved Bulma. Loved her with all of his heart. Even though he didn't show it, the love was there. The love that they once shared. Now, it was all over. Over and done with. The prince needed to move on and live his life. Without Bulma. Without love.
There were footsteps that came towards him. The Saiyan kept his eyes closed as they came towards him more. The footsteps stopped as he felt two people near him.
"Here he is. Stay with the damn prince all you want. I am tired of his shit right now." A nurse's voice growled out angrily. Vegeta heard one set of footsteps leave the room. The prince opened his eyes slightly to see Celine standing over him, a small smile on her face.
"Celine...." The Saiyan whispered, closing his eyes once again. "What are you doing here?"
"Shh, Vegeta. Don't speak." Celine said softly. Vegeta heard her pull a chair near him as she sat down in it. The prince sighed, wondering why still was there. Then, he heard her sing. "And give me wings to travel swiftly. O'er field of green and skies of blue. And let my wings lift me higher. And bring me home to you...."
"Why....?" Vegeta whispered as the girl continued to sing.
"And give me wings to ride the wind. Through winter's storm and summer's light. And let my wings lift me higher. And bring me through the night." Celine san in her soprano voice. "Carry me high above the water. Carry be high above the plain. Carry me far beyond the rising of the sun. Bring me home again."
"I....don't know why you are here....or doing this....." The prince growled out.
"Because, you are hurt." The girl said. Then, she continued to sing. "And give m wings to see the mountain. To ride above the clouds so high. And let my wings life me higher. And bring me through the night. And give me wings to feel the windsong. And let me fly above the sky. And let my wings lift me higher. And bring me to your side."
"Where did you learn that?" The prince asked more softly. He opened his eyes, looking at her. Celine smiled at him, placing a hand on his bandaged head.
"I heard my mother sing it to my sister at night. I learned it by listening to the words night after night. I would always cry when she would sing the song to my sister, yet it was my favorite." The girl said, sadness in her voice. Vegeta stared at her, trying to figure her out. His blood ran with mixed emotions as their eyes locked together. The prince let a small smile come to his lips as he placed his left hand on her right hand.
The Saiyan had never felt this kind of love before. Not even when he was around Bulma. Vegeta had a sense of love towards the girl sine he had meet her but had chosen to force it into his heart until now. Until now, the prince thought of her as nothing more than a bitch of a human. Now, he saw home much he really care of Celine. Much more than he did with Bulma.
"I still don't know why in the hell you are here, woman." Vegeta said, closing his eyes once again. Celine took her hand off of his head, placing it on the bed. He felt her squees his hand gently; telling him she wouldn't leave.
"I feel partly responsible for what happened to you. I want to stay here with you till you get better. "Celine's voice said. "But, it is also your fault, damn it. You act like a bastard at times."
"I've hear that before, woman." Vegeta snorted, his eyes still closed. He yawned, beginning to fall into a deep sleep.
"Carry me high above the water. Carry me high above the plains. Carry me....." The girl's soft voice sang, allowing the prince to fall into a deeper sleep.


CHAPTER FIVE
~~~ TWO WEEKS LATER


Chi Chi sighed. She stood in the kitchen, preparing a after school snack for Celine and Gohan. Goku was off somewhere with Piccalo, doing some more training. Vegeta was in his room, sleeping. The older woman spent all day watching the prince daydream. Daydream about Celine. Daydream about other things. Things that she probably didn't like.
Chi Chi shook her head. She didn't know why Celine had chosen the damn Saiyan. There was more humans that would kill to be with the girl. Yet, Celine had chosen the prince. A prince of Saiyan's. Oh well. At least he is Royalty, Chi Chi thought bitterly, sighing once again. I guess Vegeta is better than nothing, I suppose.
A knock at the door woke Chi Chi from her thoughts. She blinked her eyes as another knock hi the door. The older woman set down her knife and grabbed a towel. She quickly wiped her hands on it, throwing it on the counter as she walked away from it. A third knock came as Chi Chi walked out of the kitchen to the door.
"Alright now. Hold on." She growled as she opened the door. Standing outside were two men and a woman. Both men were wearing business type suits where the woman wore a simple dress. Chi Chi blinked her eyes at them, wondering who they were. "Um, hello there. How may I help you?"
"Yes, I am hoping you can. I am Charles Snyder, attorney. I am looking for a girl named Celine. I heard she lives here." One man spoke up, stepping forward slightly.
"Why do you want to know?" Chi Chi asked, fire in her eyes. The other woman tilted her head, ice on her face.
"Me and my husband here are the bitches parents. Where the hell is my daughter?" She growled out, crossing her arms over her chest. Chi Chi looked surprised for a moment then narrowed her eyes.
"Like I asked before, why do you want to know?" The older woman spat out, preparing to close the door. But, Snyder put his hand on it, forcing the door to open. Chi Chi stumbled back, the fire still in her eyes. "You know, I wouldn't make too much noise if I where you. There is a certain Saiyan asleep in one of the back rooms. If he is disturbed, you'll won't be walking out of this house. Alive, at least."
"Yeah, right. All we want is Celine. That is all." The other man said, stepping in. His wife was right behind him, a smirk on her face. Chi Chi stared at them in anger. Before she could speak, a voice interrupted her.
"Celine? Why in the hell do you want with her?" Vegeta's angry voice growled out. The three looked past Chi Chi to see the Saiyan prince leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest. When the prince got no answer, he narrowed his eyes and asked again. "What in the hell do you want with Celine?"
"Look, damn it. She is my daughter and she belongs with me. Got that?" Celine's mother snapped back, her eyes staring at the prince. Vegeta snorted, feeling his anger rising inside him. He un-crossed his arms from his chest, placing one in front of him, his palm open.
"Wrong answer. You have one more try to give me the right one before I blast you to the next dimension." Vegeta snapped, his anger growing.
"VEGETA!" A voice cried from the door way. Chi Chi blinked her eyes, staring straight ahead. Celine was in the door way, her books in her arms. She looked at the guests, not knowing who they were. The girl tilted her head slightly, staring at the prince who stared back. "You don't threaten guests like that."
"Damn right." Celine's father mused, turning to face his daughter. Celine gasped, dropping her books on the ground. She looked at him then at her mother then at Chi Chi. Her eyes at some fear in them as she narrowed her eyes.
"Vegeta, go ahead. Blast them all you want." The girl growled out, anger replacing her fear. Snyder looked at her in wonder.
"He does that and you will be blamed for it. Come with us peacefully." The lawyer said, waling over to the girl. He took Celine by the arm, holding her tight. Vegeta growled, a fireball forming at the palm of his hand. Snyder pulled the girl in front of him, holding both of her arms, a smirk on his face. "Blast us and you will kill her as well. I don't think you want to do that."
"Let.....her....go..." The prince sputtered out angrily, the fireball growing in his hand. Celine looked at him, tears forming at the base of her eyes as she tried to get out of the man's grasp.
"Don't. Not yet. Fight later." She whispered, now allowing Snyder to lead her towards the door. She gave the Saiyan one last look as she was pushed out of the door, her parents right behind her.
Chi Chi fell to her knees, a tear going down her cheek. She felt the anger flow in her body as she placed her hands on the ground. Anger for Celine's parents. Anger because they really didn't care for the girl. The woman looked down at the ground, keeping her anger down. At least trying to.
"Celine....." Chi Chi heard Vegeta cough out. She turned her head towards the prince, who let the fireball disappear from his hand. He was shaking with anger as he stared straight ahead, his arm still held out in front of him.


****


Celine sat in the back of the car, her eyes staring straight ahead. Her parents sat on either side of her, their arms crossed over their chests. Snyder was driving, the car moving slowly to some damn place. The girl was becoming more and more pissed with every second that passed. Celine hated her parents for doing this. She didn't even know why they even did it.
"You've been quiet, daughter. Care to tell us what's bothering you?" Her father asked, not looked over at her.
"Why do you give a damn about me? You never did and you never will." Celine snapped, moving her eyes over to her father. He snorted, the smirk still on his face.
"What makes you think we never cared about you, Celine?" Her father asked.
"You don't know shit do you? Mom always ignored me and gave all her attention to Shelle. Whenever she did something wrong, I was the one who got in trouble. You were always at work, so you were never in my life." The girl said angrily, her eyes still on her father. "So, now why are you two worrying about me now?"
"We aren't. You still don't mean anything to us. We just don't want the chain of events to begin." He mother put in, placing her hands in her lap. Celine moved her eyes to her, blinking her eyes, confused.
"Meaning?" The girl asked, a pang of fear going into her heart. She hoped they weren't going to kill her. Not yet. Not until she knew what was going on. Till she got out of this.
"We shouldn't tell you. We know you too well." He father spat out, narrowing his eyes.
"I think we should tell her. She isn't going to be alive much longer." Snyder spoke up, his eyes on the rood. Celine's parents snorted, quickly giving each other looks.
"Shall we?" Her mother asked, a smirk on her face.


TO BE CONTINUED.....