Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections of Roses ❯ Part Five ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

REFLECTIONS OF ROSES

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of it's characters. I do own, however, Celine, Charles Snyder, Celine's parents and the fic all of this is in. That is all.


CHAPTER NINE
~~~TWO DAYS LATER

"No. You are NOT checking yourself out of the hospital." Chi Chi snapped, flames dancing in her eyes. She stood at the end of Celine's bed, her arms crossed over her chest. The girl looked up at her, her expression blank. The tubes had been taken out of her mouth and nose the day before. Celine was glad that they were finally removed. The tubes had become annoying to her.
"I want to get back at my parents for what they did to me!" The girl shouted out. "I want Snyder in here! I want him to explain this shit to me!"
"Calm down, Celine. You were hurt." Goku replied, standing next to her bed.
"I don't give a damn. That was two weeks ago." Celine snapped back. "I want Snyder in here. NOW!"
"Celine, he is right here. You don't have to raise your voice." Chi Chi scolded, shaking her head. "I don't know why you want to see that man."
"I promised her that I would tell her the truth. The real reason I came back in time." Charles Snyder said from the doorway. The three looked in his direction as the lawyer leaned against the door frame. He was staring straight ahead, his hands in his pockets.
"The future?" Goku asked, tilting his head.
"Yes. I told the girl's parents one thing, which was a total lie." Snyder replied, looking down at the ground. "The real reason why I came back was to prevent Celine from being killed."
"Nice try." Celine mused from her bed. She crossed her arms over her chest, her lips in a thin line. "You didn't even remotely try to stop my parents from doing this to me, damn it. Why in the hell should I believe you?"
"I am not done. You parents are going to kill many years later. Not now. They intend to use their own connections to make themselves stronger. When they do get to their highest power level, they will come after you." He said, not noticing the girl's icy glare. "You fight them in a battle but lose. Celine, your parents hate you. Not because you were born. Because they realized that ;you were stronger than them."
"So, all that bull shit about me and Vegeta flying off to another planet stuff and living like rich people was a bunch of crap?' Celine asked. Snyder nodded solmenly. The girl looked at him, her lips smiling slightly. "So, why then did you help my parents now? They have to know that I am dead!"
"I helped them to get to know you. To warn you. Right now, your parents are off world, suffering for what they did. I told the police all I know about them, but not about me coming from the future." He answered, looking at the girl. "I don't want to say that you'll never see your parents again, Celine. Hell, I may not have prevented them from doing anything. All I can say is that at least I stopped it from happening for now."
"One last question. How in the world do you know all of this?" Chi Chi asked. Snyder stood up straight, sighing, taking his hands out of his pockets. The lawyer faced the other woman who was glaring at him.
"That is something I can not say at his time. I will tell everyone when I feel is right." Snyder explained. He turned around slowly, walking our of the room. Chi Chi sighed angrily, shaking her head. She muttered something under her breath as she stomped out of the room, after the lawyer. Goku went after her, hoping to calm his wife down.
Celine sighed, resting her head on the pillow. She turned her head to the figure who was sting in a chair, his arms crossed over his chest. The girl smiled softly, blinking her eyes.
"Vegeta, you are quiet. Care to tell me what's on your mind or are you going to stay quiet for the rest of the night?' Celine asked. The prince looked at her, his eyes blank.
"Celine....what has happened in the last few weeks was nearly a blue to me. When I saw that knife go into your chest....." Vegeta coughed out, turning his gaze away from the girl. Celine watched him force himself not to cry. Not to show any emotions. It must be hard for him to have any love, she thought bitterly. All these years have left his heart cold. At least I have melted a small part of it. A very small part. That will be enough for me for now.
"Vegeta, my love. Come here." Celine called out to the Saiyan. Vegeta sighed, looking over at the girl. She patted the edge of the bed as she stood up. The prince walked over to her and sat down n the edge. "Tell me what's really bothering you."
"Those damn parents of yours. They deserve to die." Vegeta fumed, flames dancing in his eyes. "They just need to die for nearly taking away the one thing I love most."
"Besides your training?" Celine joked, a smile playing on her lips. The Saiyan snorted, trying to force down a smile of his own. As hard as he could, the prince couldn't force it down. The girl tilted her head, happiness in her eyes. "Well, well. Seems Princey Boy can smile on his own."
"Whatever woman." Vegeta replied. He leaned his head forward, gently kissing the girl on the lips. Celine kissed him back, the love between the two strengthening.


****

Snyder walked down the main hall of the hospital, his hands back in his pockets. A fearful look was in his eyes as he stared straight ahead. The lawyer ignored everything else that was around him, not giving a damn about anything. Maybe I should have told them more. Told them who I really was, He thought bitterly. Snyder quickly dismissed that idea out of his head as he continued to walk down the hall.
"Hey Snyder! Get back here now!" The fiery voice of Chi Chi flew to his ears. The lawyer did not stop walking as the woman ran up to him. She fell in step with him, a angry look on her face. "Look, you are not done explaining things."
"Yes, I am. For now." Snyder replied, not looking over at Chi Chi. "You don't understand."
"I would if you'd just tell me." She growled out. The lawyer stopped suddenly, anger flashing in his eyes. Chi Chi stopped a few feet away, looking back at him.
"Tell you? HA! I don't think you should know, damn it. Didn't you hear me back there? Or are you deaf? I am not going to tell anyone. That includes you."
"Don't speak to me like that. I swear. Between Celine and Vegeta, I don't know who is worse." She cried out. "You are starting to sound like a cross between them."
"Where do you think I get it from?" Snyder asked. He looked at her finally as he raised an eyebrow. "That is the best clue I can give you. Sorry. Tell Celine and Vegeta I said goodbye. I shall see them soon."
Snyder walked away from Chi Chi, her eyes watching him go. Watching him walk away. Away from the ones that we're his own. I am sorry, Grandmother. I want to tell you everything, but I can't, Snyder thought sadly as he walked away from Chi Chi, not looking back.



****



On some faraway planet, a small camp had been made. The darkness of the moonless sky bore down on the whitish tents. A fire had been made in the middle of the camp, the ashes flowing away in the light wind. The smoke rose up to the sky like a ghost in the trees.
Yet, there were tow people standing on a hill several miles away. They stood, a man and a woman, watching over the camp like hawks. Both stared down, anger and hatred clashing in their eyes. Anger for being sent away from their home. Hatred for those who sent them there.
"We will have revenge on them. One day." The man mused, turning his head towards the sky. "We may not be able to do anything for now."
"I know it will take time. But, I want to kill that bitch who dares to be more powerful than me." The woman growled out, clenching her fists together. She closed her eyes then opened them quickly, the anger still in her eyes. "How dare she send me away."
"Calm down, my love. We will have our revenge. In time we will." The other said, more calmly. The two stood in silence, the crickets chirping in the distance.



EPILOGUE
~~~TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER

Vegeta stood in front of a huff length mirror, staring into it. There was a faint scowl on his face as he sighed. The tux he had on slightly showed the muscles in his arms. The bow tie was around his neck, making the prince want to throw it off. I don't know why that woman is making me do this. The Saiyan bonding ritual is less complicated and doesn't require me to wear this, He thought bitterly, crossing his arms over his chest.
The Saiyan had finally found someone to spend the rest of his life with. To love with all of his heart. He had never felt this way before, not even with Bulma. His blood had not flowed through his body with the strong emotion before. Vegeta was taught to suppress that emotion and train. Then, that was all he cared about. Now, Celine had waltzed into his life unexpectedly, causing him to defend. Defend his heart. But the Saiyan couldn't keep that barrier up any longer. He allowed the girl to open up his heart, making it love her the way she loved him.
There was a knock at the door. The prince jumped out of his day dram as the door opened. Goku's head popped in, a goofy look on his face.
"You ready Vegeta? It is time." He replied, a smile on his lips.
"Yes, I am ready. I just want to get this damn thing over with." Vegeta growled out, shaking his head. He walked to the door, his arms still crossed over his chest. Moving through the door, he pushed past Goku, making his way down the hall. The other Saiyan followed the prince, blinking his eyes as he went.


****


Celine felt her heart race as she stood outside the house. Her face showed no fear as she breathed in and out. The girl hoped she would find someone to love one day. She never thought that it would be a prince. That only happened in fairy tales and to other people. Not her.
She stared straight ahead, people walking around her. They finished setting up chairs, flowers, and other things. Celine ignored them, trying to calm down. She hid her fear by not saying a work. By not moving. At least this is a good kind of fear, She thought bitterly. She didn't notice Chi Chi standing next to her, a smile on her face.
"You ready for this?" She asked. Celine jumped, turning around to face the other.
"Damn it. You scared me." The girl cried out, shaking her head. "Yes, I am ready. Kinda."
"You better be ready." A voice growled out. Celine looked over her shoulder to see Vegeta standing right behind her. She smiled slightly at him, love in her eyes. The fear left her when she saw the prince. Leaving her body totally.
"I am now." The girl replied, turning to face the Saiyan. Chi Chi sighed from next to her, walking away. Vegeta watched the other woman go before smiling. He placed his arms around Celine's waist, slowly bringing her body to his. The girl stared into his eyes as she uncrossed her arms, placing them around his neck. "You know, you look good in a tux. Maybe you should wear one more often."
"Woman, don't push it." Vegeta growled out playfully. "Now, let's get this over so we can go back to bed."
"Vegeta! We can't just leave here!" Celine cried out, laughing. She pulled herself out of the prince's arms, turning around. She looked behind her, holding out her hand. The Saiyan walked up to her, taking her hand. They walked to where everyone was standing, hand in hand, heart to heart.




****




A figure stood at the back, his arms crossed over his chest. He watched as a priest married Celine and Vegeta, who were holding each other's hands. The figure smiled as the two kissed happily, people cheering as they did.
He turned around, the smile on it's lips. There was some sadness in his dark blue eyes as he walked to the house. The figure stopped, turning his head over his shoulder. Celine and Vegeta were swarmed by a happy group of people, seemingly crushing them.
"Bye mother. I am glad that I got to meet you. Take care of her, father. Love her with all of your heart. You won't know how much you truly love her till she is gone. Gone forever. I just hope that I can change that. I will see you in a few years." The figure mused, walking into the house. He didn't realize Celine was watching him go, a smile on her lips.






THE END